• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hello,

This mystery has been bugging me for the last 12 years and no one seems to know or can identify the piano pieces. It concerns Pasolini's last film Salò (1975).

I read this entry earlier: http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/salo- … di-sodoma/

The entry says that Morricone "employs Schönberg´s twelve-tone serialism for the piano composition played on screen by one of the courtesan characters.". Which composition in the film is this referring to? And is there a name of the composition?

Link to the entire film: https://ok.ru/video/35197160158

The questions are as follows:

What is the name of the piece that starts at 23:54?

And - this I'm even more keen to know - what is the name of the piece of music played at 37:05?

Is it by Chopin? Or any other composer?

If someone can identify the pieces, I would be extremely happy. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2021
    Thanks for reading my review. Normally, I would very much like to answer your questions immediately. Unfortunately Salo is a film that bares special meaning to me. Because of that, it's a film I only watch every five years, and refuse to see a single scene in between. There are only six more films on which I hold on to such a strong principle. I am sure I could easily answer your questions seeing the clips, or watching the full movie, but I won't just yet. I cannot determine which pieces you cannot identify based on a specific timeframe, neither could I with any film I have seen a hundred times.

Regarding the Morricone composition.... As I wrote ''The only piece of original music is a cue later released under the name of Addio A Pier Paolo Pasolini, ''. You can find it on Youtube. Out of the top of my head, I cannot remember when exactly it is played.

I hope you can forgive my refusal. Please send me a private message with ways of contacting you.
  2. I sent you a PM.