• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I am terrible at choosing something. Usually, by the time I settle on something my free time is up or I just decide to listen to my favourites playlist.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. I'm listening on a whim or when I read.

My reading choices (recently it'd very often be the expanded Outbreak by JNH) are mostly determined by sheer album length. A complete score is great, because it means that I'll read for the full 90+ minutes of duration.

Recently I'm in an mid-90s-action Hans Zimmer phase, alternating with News of the World by JNH (determining whether I want to review it or not).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. News of the World is my newest score, so I keep returning to that. And I just keep enjoying it more and more. So usually I'll listen to my new album a lot, until I guess a get a newer one, then that one takes over. smile

I've burned out all of my CD-players, so I have to listen digitally at the moment. I have an app on my phone that will shuffle all my soundtrack albums in random order (better than the iTunes/Music app) so I sometimes use that if I can't decide and have it surprise me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2021 edited
    Such a huge question, I wouldn't know where to start.

I listen to a lot of new stuff, because I have to keep up with things. So that takes some time.

Otherwise, it all depends on mood. In the mornings, for example, I need to play something easy, slow and calm to ease myself into the day (I'm a night person and usually hate mornings).

Othertimes, it's just a matter of scrolling through the 2136 (currently) albums in my iTunes and choosing something I haven't listened to in a while, or just feel like playing.

I'm looking forward to installing my turntable and playing some vinyls again. Same with CDs. It's all been digital for the last decade or so.

Once in a rare while, I get stuck on a composer. I even get projects going where I want to listen to all of a composer's work in chronological order (by year, of course, I don't mean it in an album presentation sense). Takes me a few weeks, then, to get through all of my John Williams, for example. But it's a neat way to follow his evolution.

Lots of other parameters as well, but I need to get back to you on that. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I thought about doing a "composer of the week" series listening-wise. I started with John Barry, but realized I only had 9 scores of his, so I blew through those pretty quickly and it messed up my plan, haha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2021
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I thought about doing a "composer of the week" series listening-wise. I started with John Barry, but realized I only had 9 scores of his, so I blew through those pretty quickly and it messed up my plan, haha!

Which composer do you have the most albums of?
    I am extremely serious.