• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    o
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    He's a pessimistic one isn't he? I personally associate myself with real fans of film music, the ones who simply appreciate MUSIC. I have the utmost faith in these people, those like myself - if I don't say so myself. wink

Ah, it's a good view up here on this pedestal! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    I suspect your friend doesn't see the irony of thinking he's better than other film music fans because he's not so "elitist" as to think he's better than other people.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm sure he'll feel different on another day, everyone goes through different moods and change opinions daily.

Group hug everyone kiss beer

wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I think his own anger distorts his view of reality. I also get the feeling that he's projecting his own flaws onto others.

Smile at the world and it will smile back at you, that's my motto.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthortjguitar

Personally, it's not my fault I'm better than other people.

No wonder people think you're elitist.
  1. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. This is the way of things.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Interesting. He must have had an intensely bad experience. sad Poor guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    KevinSmith wrote
    "I fu*cking hate film music fans, and I am ashamed to be associated with them. Why? Simple really, it's the levels of arrogance, mean-spiritedness, elitism, the never-ending attacks on both each other and composers - not just the music but the people themselves who write it, and in case you're wondering, no it has nothing to do with being a (insert certain composer) fan. It's about all film music and these 'fans' who do nothing but live in some fantasy world where they think they're better and smarter than everyone else.

There are loads of such people among all sorts of music lovers, not just film score fans. Check those flame wars on message boards about popular rock/pop/metal etc bands that make the <insert composer name> haters look tame.

Dude, that's what we call the real world biggrin It's our choice about whom we want to associate ourselves with beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, it's all about having seen the 'right' or the 'wrong' message boards. I mean, hang around on the messages beneath the reviews on Filmtracks for a while, and, heck, everybody would think filmmusicfans are hatefull sons of bitches that call each other names for not having the right tastes. Even send death threads to Zimmer bashers, etc., it's ugly! And I'm sure there are several other boards like this.

But, hey, put a devoted Britney Spears fan in the same room with a 50 Cent possessed, and you'd get the same reaction. Could it be because of the great variaty within this so called 'genre' of music, that's so incredibly diverse, that it's so easy for a lot of disputes to happen? Normally, those fanboys of different tastes don't really visit each others communities, but within filmmusic, fans of easygoing music meet up with fans of complexer scoring... and sometimes, it doesn't mix.

Still, it's incredibly generalizing to say that they're all like that, because, as has been said above, it's ultimately about the music. And the internet is pretty much a mean place with a lot of people who don't have anything other to do than bash other people. I, for one, am happy to say that (insert certain composer message board here) most probably stands for MainTitles. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, sorry but that's plain BS. You'll find stubborn people E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E and it's a matter of how you handle them, it's not a film music exclusive.

I, for one, am deeply and honestly looking forward to the day i'll be sitting down with dear friends and mates like Martijn, Bregt, Steven, Alan, Bob, Timmer, Mikael, Michael, Erik, Southall or dear Bregje (and not only of course!) on a big round table with lots of good wine and cheese-based stuff all around and endlessly talk for hours and hours about everything, our passions, our lives and of course film music included and God knows our tastes do not meet at many a points!

I think your friend (besides being a Horner fan :P ) is a bitter man and that’s a real shame. No situation like that can’t be pleasantly overcome with a friendly pat to the shoulder, a “come on buddy” and a honestly and calmly sitting down to talk and discuss things in a friendly manner situation. If the other side is just too extreme, you can always walk in civilized matter without getting mad, angry and bitter at the world wink

There are really TOO great people embracing film music (both professionals but also – and most mainly – fans) to let yourself being bothered by the few extremes. Film music has given me REAL friends through the years, people whom I think about everyday and anxiously wait to interact with each moment, people that count; for that I am deeply grateful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    KevinSmith wrote
    "it's the levels of arrogance, mean-spiritedness, elitism, the never-ending attacks on both each other and composers - not just the music but the people themselves who write it"

Let me think...this happens...in all areas of music. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not just music mate, all areas have those believe me, especially amidst professionals. Elitism in film music eh? Ever sat and chatted with a company of doctors or lawyers? No? I imagined so wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's essentially life and human nature what we're saying. wink
  3. At least someone had the presence of mind to quote some of the initial comments. The whole original quote seems to have been revised?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not just music mate, all areas have those believe me, especially amidst professionals. Elitism in film music eh? Ever sat and chatted with a company of doctors or lawyers? No? I imagined so wink

Or Chefs? Man do food people ever bitch about each other or whaT! dizzy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Initial post got swept, kaput! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Us > Opinion
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What does sinking do? Not move it to the top of the page even if we keep posting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    What does sinking do? Not move it to the top of the page even if we keep posting?

Indeed.
    Kazoo