• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    This game has finished!

7 people played this game!!

Coming every week, a new ''Do you know...'' quiz. Kinda like guess the score but more focused on a specific style of music (in this case, more eardrum exploding action scores), simply PM me your score guesses (no need to name the track or composer).

The points system is simple - 1 point per correct score, with the possibility of earning 3 points for the last track as it's played backwards. PM me your answers before Sunday evening as I'll be announcing the winner then.

Feel free to send in guesses periodically (or all in one go if you want, it's up to you!). I will PM you back on which scores you've guessed correctly so you can cross them off the list!

Right, I've deceided - I shall post up the scores at three times - mid-week on Wednesday evening, end of week on Friday evening and the final scores at 18:00 on Sunday. Hopefully that will keep people happy! smile

Here's all the samples in a RAR file: www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowaction2.rar

The final scores were:

JuPe - 9 (With bonus)
    HauntFox - 7 (With bonus)
    Steven - 7
    lp - 6
    FalkirkBairn - 4 (With bonus)
    Bregt - 4
    Bregje - 1

The answers were:

01 - The Lost World - Jurassic Park - John Williams
    02 - Stormbreaker - Alan Parker
    03 - Black - Chris Tilton
    04 - Mission Impossible 3 - Michael Giacchino
    05 - Starsky & Hutch - Theodore Shapiro
    06 - Blood Diamond - James Newton Howard
    07 - Spider-Man 3 - Christopher Young
    08 - The Bourne Identity - John Powell
    09 - xXx 2 - Marco Beltrami
    10 - Transporter 2 - Alexandre Azaria
    11 - Tomorrow Never Dies - David Arnold
    12 - King Kong - James Newton Howard
    13 - The Legend Of Zorro - James Horner
    14 - Gun - Christopher Lennertz
    15 - Johnny English - Edward Shearmur
    16 - Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade - John Williams (in reverse)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    Bloody fine selection there, bloody fine! shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    cheesy

I'm currently at work so I'll PM people their results when I get home!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    I've only just realised that number 7 sounds a lot like something we've heard recently. Something that Mr. Christodoulides seems to like. wink
  1. I'm so not familiar with recent scores! The motif in clip 03 is familiar!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    3 and 4 have a very similar brass section...I'm not trying to confuse you though. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Do people realise this game is running, or is this the end? confused cry
  2. Anthony wrote
    Do people realise this game is running, or is this the end? confused cry

That's probably my fault!

I find that interest in clip games mysteriously falls away when I post a set of clips. I can't understand why?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    Crazy fool. tongue Oh well, I accept the fault partly - doing action for a second time. I promise this is the last time I do it! Next weeks game will be considerably more interesting. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think perhaps the factor overkill is doing it a bit?
    For me, I'm just a bit less enthousiast than usual playing them.

Sorry.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Overkill as in 2 games at once or overkill as it's just action music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just all games. Not your game in particular (nothing wron with those anyway!). smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, the other ones were ok, this one has just been quiet. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    Well, I also think the lack of midterm scores posted is a factor. It's not like there's a new runner up every hour, so why keep checking this thread all the time? I guess it takes away the lifeness from the game and makes it more... passive. I've got no idea who's participating and who's not smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well like I said I'd post the scores on Wednesday and Friday night. Ech, these games need to be organised by people who have the time to do them. I'm at work for most of the time and whatever time I do get at home it's usually off the forums. sad

If someone wants to take over for the next game then be my guest, or just keep it as just GTS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, I'd love to host a game again, but I also thought this one was just one too much. I'd say, keep it to one game, 'cause some people already had barely the time to concentrate on one game, and now you're spreading it. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My reason for that was the GTS games were incredibly hard. I was trying to focus on newer music that more people know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    One game at a time is enough in the board, imo. Having two running simultaneously will probably feel too much for most people.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    sad

I wish GTS wasn't so damn hard. It seems like there's only a few ''elite'' people who can actually do well in it. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, you can always play just for the fun of it and the 5 points, like i do mate; wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Anthony wrote
    My reason for that was the GTS games were incredibly hard. I was trying to focus on newer music that more people know.

I'm sure that all the games are not so hard when you're putting them together. I'm certainly finding that scores that I think people "should" know about are not as familiar as I thought they would be. And it's a fault I'm always finding with my games.

As far as focusing on more recent music...I definitely don't do as well with these. Which is why I try and do a range of years. It's not about trying to get all the clips; just try and get as many as you know you know.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Well, you can always play just for the fun of it and the 5 points, like i do mate; wink

That's the spirit!!

Also, there's always the possibility of discovering more good music with these games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Furthermore, there's nothing preventing the regular GTS games from being "themed" more towards your preferred style, Anthony. Once in a while. We all have different preferences in film music, and these games should cater to most of us with regular intervals.

I really like the music in your clips, Anthony, but I'm afraid I don't know any of them (except ONE, perhaps) because I phased out of new composers 6-7 years ago. And since there are few hints as well, that really discourages me from participating.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well I might as well post the scores as I said I would:

Steven - 7
    lp - 6

woo. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorHauntFox
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Wow, I actually know a few of these. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    HauntFox - 7 (with bonus!)
    Steven - 7
    lp - 6

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    Can you add a link to a .rar file with all clips in?
    I'm too lazy to download them all one for one. tongue
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah I'll do that tonight.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, here's all the files in a RAR file: www.johnpowellcomposer.com/doyouknowaction2.rar (when it's finished uploading).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    We have a new leader!

JuPe - 9 (With bonus)
    HauntFox - 7 (With bonus)
    Steven - 7
    lp - 6
    FalkirkBairn - 4 (With bonus)