• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. This thread is for rumors or just when you've beaten everyone to it with news. It also covers new releases, low quantities alerts, and any other similar information.

In this case, I've beaten you all:

There will be a CD of score (possibly some songs) for the TV series "The Venture Bros." later this year, on Williams Street Records.
    The music to the show is done by J. G. Thirwell.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Is this something we should be interested in?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    but of course Alan! biggrin wink kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can someone please announce P.S, I Love you or Lost season 3 here. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yes, goddamn it, YES!!!!
  3. No comment.

"P.S., I love You" ... what a waste of time that was.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    Wait.... will Lost Season 3 have a soundtrack release? (and please don't spoil anything from it. I'm currently only on Season 2)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008 edited
    P.S., I Love You - never saw the film, want the score. As do a lot of other people it seems. angry

Lost season 3 - regardless of whether you've seen the season, you want the score. wink Erik said a release was ''planned'', but that was months ago and we've heard nothing. cry

Demetris, I say we start a petition!! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I thought about that for quite a while now but i don't really know how to do it and if it will work; do people take these things seriously or are we just going to waste our time?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well if people vote then who cares? biggrin

Seriously though, I suggest we do a PetitionOnline thing (like what that guy did with Transformers), but if we got enough votes I don't know who we'd show it to. dizzy Any ideas?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nuts to it, I'll set one up now. We've nothing to lose if it doesn't work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008 edited
    Yeah but whom do we send it to? We must get a bit organized first, you don't wanna waste people's votes. I'd say ask in the Giacchino thread first. Whom do we send it to and what do people think about such a petition. If there's already a release getting planned then there's no need to do that...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm sure Justin just makes these things up. "Venture Bros"? J.G. Thirwell? Williams Street Records? Come on, man.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah but whom do we send it to? We must get a bit organized first. I'd say ask in the Giacchino thread first. Whom do we send it to and what do people think about such a petition. If there's already a release getting planned then there's no need to do that...

Check PM. wink
  4. Southall wrote
    I'm sure Justin just makes these things up. "Venture Bros"? J.G. Thirwell? Williams Street Records? Come on, man.

Straight from the horse's mouth. And Thriwell has composed all the episode scores and the main themes since the series began.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Maybe you could tell the Steve Jablonsky fans. "We helped you, now you help us" type of request.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    lol, we're just trying to establish whether a petition would do anything. Robert Townson is the Bill Gates of the soundtrack industry and if he doesn't want to release it, he won't release it, no matter how many people say they want it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    The Varese 30th Anniversary collection sounds like it's going to be beefy.

i, Robot, MI3, Blood Diamond, United 93, Fantastic Four, Bourne Supremacy, X-Men, American Gangster. lick

Bring on 15th April! wink
  5. Anthony wrote
    lol, we're just trying to establish whether a petition would do anything. Robert Townson is the Bill Gates of the soundtrack industry and if he doesn't want to release it, he won't release it, no matter how many people say they want it.

Do you have some incriminating photos of Townson with some insanely-large money bags?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    Hmm...I have video footage of him saying how when he's not producing soundtracks he likes to ''sleep'' if you know what I mean... wink

Eew. vomit
  6. From Trevor Jones' website on his new score to the film "Three and Out":

Contemporary Media Recordings will be releasing an original score soundtrack album, scheduled for release on 21st April. Keep an eye on this website for more information.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008
    Sweet, looking forward to that!
  7. "Wall-E"
    Thomas Newman

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-e-Original-S … TIB6IIGOTK

(Just pre-order; no clips or tracklisting)
  8. "The Wackness"
    David Torn
    Planned for around the film's release

"The film also features an amazing Brian Eno-like score by ambient composer, guitarist / texturalist David Torn (aka splattercell), ..."
  9. "Already Dead"
    "Lake Placid 2"

Nathan Furst

Says on his website Lakeshore Records will release them.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    MovieScore Media will release

THE COTTAGE

by Laura Rossi on June 3. Totally hilarious score!!!

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html

mc
  10. Hitchcock Media Records, who released two Don Peake score CDs (one being "Knight Rider"), has listed three more Peake score CDs as being "in developement":

(77) "The Hills Have Eyes"
    His replacement score to "The People Under the Stairs"
    And "I, Desire"; the film was later retitled "Desire, the Vampire".
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008 edited
    Two new albums announced by MovieScore Media:

NUMB / KETTLE OF FISH / CONEY ISLAND BABY
    Music Composed by Ryan Shore
    Release date: June 17, 2008

J-OK'EL / MARCUS
    Music Composed and Conducted by George Shaw
    Release date: June 24, 2008

More stuff coming soon...

mc
  11. "Voltron"
    http://store.voltron.com/index.asp?Page … ;ProdID=86

Now you can be your own defender of the universe! (chuckle)

Gee, I hope this doesn't interfer with the Varese Club sales. ;-)

I don't recall the show's music, so I cant' say if it's worth a purchase.
  12. Trevor Morris has listed on his site that Varese will release a Season 2 score CD from "The tudors".