• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2018
    I just learned that Joe Kraemer scores the new Sam Elliot movie “The Man who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot” and the review I read described it as “traditionally orchestral”, so I’m pretty excited :-)
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  1. Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to read what LLLR is and is not doing on the Mission: Impossible film scores:

BTW, in case anyone was wondering

LLLCD 1411 - Mission Impossible 20th Anniversary 2 cd set (yes, it was supposed to be released in 2016, but we are still waiting on a rewrite/interview for the notes). Maybe next year? frown

MI2 - may happen some day. a bit more complicated. We have it all, just waiting on a legal thumbs up

MI3 - with Varese
    MI Ghost Protocol - see above

MI Rogue Nation - out now, may do an expanded version for the 10 year anniversary...if we are still in business. lol
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Update from a few minutes ago from La La Land Records:

LAST CALL! -

FLESH + BLOOD $15 (only 10 units left) -- UPDATE -- NOW SOLD OUT

StarTrek DS9 VOL ONE $30 each (only 30 units left)

During our recent inventory, we found 8 remaining Lost In Space box sets - $100 each

Get 'em before they be gone for good!

www.lalalandrecords.com

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Music Box Records is releasing Georges Delerue's TOURS DU MONDE, TOURS DU CIEL. I've ordered mine. I've waited for what feels like forever to get a commercial release of this score. "Stellaire 1" is one of my all-time favorite Delerue compositions. It's just relentlessly achingly beautiful, and even though it's gorgeous throughout, he still manages to build to a climax that's even more gorgeous than everything that's come before it. The other "Stellaire" tracks are lovely as well. The 30 second cues I probably won't listen to often. It's a short score, but has some exquisite music.

The album also includes a 2010 recording of Delerue's first string quartet (1948), which couldn't be more different from TOURS DU MONDE, based on the samples. I probably won't listen to that very often. But I'm thrilled to have this album.
  4. Quarter Records is up to something. As pointed out by another person: posted yesterday on QR's Facebook page:

We are starting today the most ambitious and exciting project in the history of Quartet Records. Can’t wait!
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2018
    justin boggan wrote
    A sample of a mystery title that Note For Note is working on:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nfnclips/Theme.mp3

Just realised this title was Michael Legrand's Wuthering Heights (released in August).
  5. An update from Note for Note projects yesterday (posted on the FSM forum):

Greetings all:

Last 75 copies of Thelma And Louise - we are pricing it at $6.99 so if you have been waiting to buy this, we are pricing it to sell and hopefully see a sell out.

For a limited time, The Thing LP (the Alan Howarth/Larry Hopkins re-recording) is on sale for $9.99. This is a 2 week offer. I know vinyl is a hit and miss proposal here but I am letting fans of the format know about the sale.

Holocaust is pretty much done and awaiting final approvals. When Sony Music approves it and we get a timeline for when the product will arrive, we will be offering it for pre-order at a special price of $13.99. For us, it's a chance to get out a score we love to our customers for a super low price. If this is successful we may do this with all of our label licensed products coming in the future (Frank Comstock, Cousins, etc). For those who ask what sources we used, I can assure you it was the tape that RCA used to make the vinyl LPs back in the day. The source was pristine and allowed us to give you a quality sounding CD (mastered by James Nelson). I am a huge believer in trying to give the customer value wherever possible. This one is perfect as it checks all the boxes of a great orchestral score that hasn't seen the light of day on CD.

In December we are releasing a very limited 300 unit run of Wuthering Heights on vinyl LP (this will be offered through normal retail channels and our website) and a CD release of Trevor Morris' score to Goon: The Last Of The Enforcers (again, retail and our website).

If all goes well we may have a 2-CD release of Masters Of The Universe released at 500 copies in December. It will be the full expanded score on one disc and the original Varese LP on a second disc. Best yet...we are offering it for $17.98. There will then be a 500 copy LP release (full score - 2 LPs) for those inclined to want a vinyl presentation. Master source is the same one James did for La-La Land.

6. 9/30/55
    Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Leonard Rosenman

Release Date: 09/28/2018
    Limited Edition Of 1500 Copies
    Shipping the week of October 1
    $ 17.98
    Purchase: https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/9-30-55

I have to admit, I wasn't even aware of the film.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.