• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Absolutely! RED SONJA is a fantastic score, love it, love it, LOVE IT!

But the film is pants, right?

Big ones!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The film is ridiculous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I love the story how Arnold -who was originally contracted for a five minute cameo or so- was utterly surprised to see the final edit where he had been bumped up to co-star!

Poor Birgit.
    Her finest hour until her divorce from Stallone, the boob jobs and the reality soaps where she wrestled and succumbed to such classically styled casanovas like Public Enemy clock bearer Flavor Flav.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    The woman is bonkers-elephant but that pic of Mr. Flav made me feel a bit sorry for her.

p.s. Her name is Brigitte isn't it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's actually Gitte, believe it or not, but you're right: the American version she is using ever since the eighties is Brigitte.

Not sure where I got Birgit from?
    I guess it sounded kinda more Scandinavo-vikingish. dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They're releasing RED SONJIA? ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC score, breathtaking (for a ridiculous movie).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. This was posted by LLLR at the FSM board a couple weeks or so ago -- don't know why I didn't post it here:

The La-La Land gang is heading down to San Diego this July 20 for Comic Con. We will be down there sharing a huge booth with our good friends from TOY HUNGRY. As part of this special occasion we plan on debuting 3 new titles – PREDATORS, and Two Different 2-Disc sets (one at 5000 units and one at 3000 units). These titles will be making their world premiere down at the Con. You will be able to buy them there first, should you happen to be going. On July 15th we will be issuing a press release as to what these titles will be.

I wonder if the companY TOY HUNGRY is any kind of clue ("Small Soldiers", perhaps?).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Hm... don't know if it'll worth replacing my current release, the one that also features Morricone's rejected "What Dreams May Come." That's one satisfying disc. If the LLL release doesn't offer extra music, I'm not getting.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. UPDATE FROM PERSEVERANCE:
    July 6, 2010 - Puppet Master Box Delayed - In spite of our every endeavor to make the July 15th deadline, we have to postpone this album. Sorry! I just received the DVDs from Richard Band to compare the music he sent us to, so this will be a major undertaking. But don't worry, I won't fail you!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Just exchanged at FSM:

MV is this your first Horner release? Just curious and thanks again!

MV:
    First of two this year.

We got some other surprise coming from Horner! Please, please let it be something from the '80's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    Dan announced the titles of Lalaland for later this year:

Krull 2CD
    Batman 2CD
    Batman Returns
    Jade (Horner)

I forgot the others. Will post later after a cold shower, a siësta and when it's less than temperatures of hell again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Another will be "the classic 1985 comedy CLUE" (which doesn't ring a bell for me). Heard 2 clips from it, the first sounding very promising, the second sounding too dated with synthesizers (and oddly enough with an undercutting melody line from Elfman's Tales From The Crypt main titles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh yes, also Rachel Portmans The Storyteller.

I might get Krull!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Clue is based on the game - what we call Cluedo. It's a very good film, but the score didn't really leave an impression.

Excited about Batman Returns!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    See, neither of us have really gone back to the rooms to rest. We're both getting our internet fix!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Oh yes, also Rachel Portmans The Storyteller.

I might get Krull!

Might?
  4. "Sorry, I meant 'No' meaning 'Yes'." biggrin

I'm not sure if the score is for everybody, but it's for me, that's for sure.
  5. Also, MV just added:

and Alien Resurrection:2 disc set

That's Frizzell. Never cared for the score.
  6. Bregt wrote
    Will post later after a cold shower, a siësta and when it's less than temperatures of hell again.

How hot is it where you are? It's pretty hot where I live (southern Nevada, USA), too, but not abnormally so. Our high temperature for today is supposed to be 109 F (about 43 C, I think).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Also, MV just added:

I think it has some moments but on the other hand I can't even remember the last time I played it.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    I still think Alien Resurrection has a great theme and specially the action music in "They swim" is amazing! I hope that La la land will also do a 2cd version of Dante's Peak. But what about Hook complete! No word on that one. So this was speculation afterall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Also, MV just added:

I think it has some moments but on the other hand I can't even remember the last time I played it.

Is the music interesting enough to warrant 2 CDs?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I couldn't imagine so? It's hardly a score fans have been clammering for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's a score that I think is well represented on CD already but the hard core fans and fans of the film will most certainly dig it! I'll get a copy and will keep an open mind. I've seen the film once and once only.. I'd like to keep it that way. So much so that when I bought the DVD Quadrilogy I gave my copy of Resurrection away.

Anyway... umm... where was I... oh ya, so since I've only seen the film once I have no idea if there are any extra goodies that will be worth having on the 2CD set.

BTW, I really like the score and the action highlights on the RCA Victor CD are outstanding!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. On future John Williams releases, LLLR added the reply:

There is some GREAT stuff coming. Hell, I know from us alone there are a few.

MV
  8. Upcoming from Quartet Records:

http://trackzone.canalblog.com/archives … 04586.html
  9. And Lukas has posted this about the next FSM CD:

Next album (2CD Golden Age) in 2-3 weeks. Maybe mid-August.

Lukas
  10. Lukas has added this excellent comment:

I can tell you it's a complete Stothart that survives almost entirely in true stereo -- a real rarity. It's not what you think might be the most important Stothart to release next, but it is very good. Nothing in this post is an attempt to provide a clue.

After that, by sheer coincidence we've got three TV albums in a row, with a variety of rare and fun content. Nothing super-famous but some oft-requested names.

Lukas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    'Nothing super famous'? Bang goes Columbo and Six Million Dollar Man then slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    Looking forward to the soundtrack of The Man From Atlantis and Jabberjaw. wink