• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    Upcoming from Quartet Records:

http://trackzone.canalblog.com/archives … 04586.html

A Delerue score with the word Piano in the title? I'm interested.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Looking forward to the soundtrack of The Man From Atlantis and Jabberjaw. wink

Jabberjaw???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How's that an 'excellent comment" ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. How's it not? Sorry everything can't be Zimmer or Desplat.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Jabberjaw???

Looked it up myself, Hannabarbara cartoon featuring a shark, never seen it but is the music good?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. It can be "Thomas and the Magic Railraod 2" for all I care -- just as long as the scoring is good.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. As if we didn't have enough releases and box sets, I give you: the Saturation Point:

http://burtonelfman.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Jabberjaw???

Looked it up myself, Hannabarbara cartoon featuring a shark, never seen it but is the music good?

It's really, really not!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    As if we didn't have enough releases and box sets, I give you: the Saturation Point:

http://burtonelfman.com

The only proper epithet.
    I think I'm closing up my wallet for a while.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Very interesting, but doubtful that there will be something new on this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    fommes wrote
    Very interesting, but doubtful that there will be something new on this?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I already have everything Elfman has done - for Burton or otherwise, and the remaining unreleased stuff is not Burton material (SCROOGED, SUMMER SCHOOL etc.). Perhaps some cues from MOMA and Stainboy, but how exciting is that?

I'm still hoping, though, that there is something for me here. If it's just a gathering of the existing Burton soundtracks (C&C or not, I don't care), I'll pass.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Posted today by Lukas when a thread about the LP of "Hawaii 5-0" being re-issued, and digitial only:

Might as well tell you all we're releasing it on CD as soon as we can get it finished!

Lukas

So I guess that is one of the upcoming three TV score CDs.

No reply from him yet if the release is just the LP tracks, or if it's episode scores like other TV series he has released in the past.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010
    Nice!
    I might pick that one up (even though I've never seen the show...but if the rest of the music just touches on the iconic quality of the world famous theme, it should be one hell of a listen!).
  6. Lukas finally responded:

Our CD is a new remaster of the original 1/4" album masters in the EMI vaults. There are no bonus tracks we can add. So it will have the LP contents, sounding great.

We have not been able to license the OST music from CBS, sorry.

Lukas

What the hell is CBS is problem? Universal fell, Paramount fell, and thanks to Intrada -- Disney fell half way.

NOTE TO CBS: You're next
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Crap Bollocks Shit?
  7. In a rare move, Lukas announces half (with details given for titles NOT named) of his upcoming releases up to September:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/daily/artic … leID/6528/
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Then probably in the first week or two of September—we hope—is FSM Box 05. This is the long-rumored Ron Jones box set of Star Trek: The Next Generation music. 14 discs, $149.95, limited to 5000 copies—40 complete episode scores, plus some previously unreleased "Best of Both Worlds" cues and Ron's two Interplay computer game scores. All in immaculate stereo. The packaging is in the style of the Rózsa box: the booklet has an introductory essay and track listings (and lots of ST:TNG art), with comprehensive liner notes to be posted online. Did you guys know this was my dream project? I fantasized about putting this together ever since I fell in love with the scores twenty years ago. In fact it was twenty years ago almost exactly that "The Best of Both Worlds" aired.

Fingers crossed in twenty years time I'll have the money, knowledge, and experience to do the same thing with LOST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    14 discs........14 DISCS!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The TGN scores are some of my least favourite scores in the history of humankind. I can't imagine bearing 14 discs' worth of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'd rather go for Spartacus, a.k.a. 'the cheap one'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh my... 14 discs?
    I found three already pretty unbearable.

I'm sure it'll find an audience though, but as -completely in line with Roddenberry's and Berman's directive that the music should always be subservient to the plot, dialogue and sound effects and should never intrude or be too noticeable- I never found anything worthwhile in any of the Star Trek: The Next Generation series, I'm kinda glad I can save my money on this one.

It was good sci-fi though.
    I should re-watch that series one of these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010 edited
    Greatest pass ever!

But with hordes of trekkies around, I'm sure it'll sell out perfectly fine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Has no interest for me but I do remember Ron Jones's music being (by FAR) the best in The Next Generation. Indeed, the legend goes that the very reason he left the show was that he refused to follow the Rick Berman directive of making the music completely anonymous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2010
    I've had the LP Transfer of FiveO for years. Nice to get out once in a while.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I wonder what Mr. Discuss will tell us about this release.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Oh my... 14 discs?
    I found three already pretty unbearable.

I'm sure it'll find an audience though, but as -completely in line with Roddenberry's and Berman's directive that the music should always be subservient to the plot, dialogue and sound effects and should never intrude or be too noticeable- I never found anything worthwhile in any of the Star Trek: The Next Generation series, I'm kinda glad I can save my money on this one.

It was good sci-fi though.
    I should re-watch that series one of these days.

There was the odd moment here and there during the series that had my ears perk up ( mostly the Ron Jones stuff ).....no way I'll buy and listen to 14 discs worth though.

I hope it sells well.
  8. Announced from Quartet Records:

Quartet proudly presents 3 new releases... a perfect italian bath for this hot summer!!

AVANTI! - Music scored by Carlo Rustichelli, from the Billy Wilder's classic, starring Jack Lemmon and Juliet Mills. Limited edition of 1000 units. Previously unreleased.

AMORE LIBERO (THE REAL EMANUELLE) - Music composed by Fabio Frizzi. Conducted by Vince Tempera. Performed by Goblin. Limited edition of 500 units. First time on CD. Contains the same tracks from the old Cinevox LP release, and 5 bonus tracks previously unreleased.

SUMMERTIME KILLER. Music composed and conducted by Luis Bacalov. One of the more European action film-cult. Restored and remastered complete edition in full stereo. Limited edition of 500 copies.

Available for Pre-Order!.

Never heard of any of the films or the scores, so I can't comment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010 edited
    Luis Bacalov's SUMMERTIME KILLER has been used by Tarantino in KILL BILL 2, that's how I know a little bit about it, so if you saw it you might recognize it upon hearing. Not enough to buy it, though. I much preferred the Bacalov pieces that were used in vol. 1.
  9. NOT a fan of Tarantino, skipped that film and subsequent ones after having the displeassure of seeing some of it, and other films he's done. So, I wouldn't know.

But thankfully, upon searching, for those curious, they do have a website, and they provide multiple cues:

QuartetRecords.com