• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. From a new interview (though obviously a tad bit dated from originally done) with Bruce Kimmel, Kritzerland Records, when asked about future CD releases:

A 2-CD set of a favorite film soundtrack is also in the pipeline, as is another Elmer Bernstein release.]

(FULL INTERVIEW)

I'm sure they'll be plenty of announcements from other labels the unknown days.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Noticed over that FSM forum that Silva are releasing a 2-CD set of Murray Gold's work he did on the Doctor Who "specials": The Next Doctor, Planet of The Dead, The Waters of Mars & The End of Time.

The 2-CD set will sell for £12 and be released on 20th September. lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    Finally! Took their sweet time about it.
  3. As if there wasn't enough speculation at this time, MV strikes again:

"No plans for River Wild from LLL at the moment.

We have many more expanded reissues coming from Sony Custom Marketing, including Alien Res shortly."

And they'll be announcing two or three news CDs in a few days, which -- as I recall -- are due September 7th.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. From Roger over at Intrada.com's forums:

I will tell you Henry, because you are Henry...that we are working on four other Conti projects. But they are a bit of a challenge. On two of them, the elements are missing. On another, half the elements are missing. And on the last a reel is missing. I sure know how to pick the tough ones. But the fight is not over yet so do not give up hope yet.
  5. Posted at FSM:

SAE just posted this on their Facebook page...

"On Monday a new 2 cd release of a classic western score is finally becoming available.Many of you will definitely like it I am sure. So have a GREAT weekend and we will see ya Monday"

Confirmed in the thread it's from Kritzerland. Only clues thus far I saw from scanning the five-page thread quickly:

Not from Paramount
    and
    It's in "stereophonic sound"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010 edited
    It's One-Eyed Jacks by Hugo Friedhofer.
    More info and some sound samples over at Kritzerland.

Although I'm not big on Friedhofer I had a listen to the sound clips.
    As -to be honest- expected, it does nothing for me.

However, also as expected, they're going positively ape shit over this over at FSM, and if that is any kind of indication of its popularity and longevity as far as availability is concerned (and it usually is!), I would suggest anyone interested to pick up their copy from Screenarchives or Kritzerland directly with some alacrity, because it's a limited release again. 1200 issues.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010
    Martijn wrote
    It's One-Eyed Jacks by Hugo Friedhofer.
    More info and some sound samples over at Kritzerland.

Although I'm not big on Friedhofer I had a listen to the sound clips.
    As -to be honest- expected, it does nothing for me.

However, also as expected, they're going positively ape shit over this over at FSM, and if that is any kind of indication of its popularity and longevity as far as availability is concerned (and it usually is!), I would suggest anyone interested to pick up their copy from Screenarchives or Kritzerland directly with some alacrity, because it's a limited release again. 1200 issues.

Never seen film or heard score. Didn't even read that FSM thread. I liked what Friedhofter did in BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES - as a FILM score - but it would have to be very conceptualized if I was going to buy it as a soundtrack. Same goes for this, I guess. I know I can play sound clips, but how would you describe the score in one sentence?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010
    I know nothing of the score, Thor, and I haven't seen the film.
    My one sentence -based on the five available clips, would be "I don't like it". dizzy

From the clips, it seems very functional. I didn't think I would actually enjoy putting it on as a stand-alone listen.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Posted a couple days ago at FSM in regards to Christopher Young's score to "The Core":

It's a bootleg. Do not buy it. An official one will most likely be coming you way soon

MV

It's "Krull" again. Triple-dipping season has begun, I guess.
  7. From Doug's corner at Intrada on the next release:

It looks like we may offer just one new release next Tuesday (August 31) mainly because it's a pretty big title. One of the most requested soundtracks from the seventies, we've assembled an ambitious 2-CD set requiring two studios to make the project possible. One studio owned the original LP rights for the hit album that came out when the picture was released and the other studio controlled the rights to the complete score. We're proud to make this one happen after years of negotiating. Over a half hour of previously unreleased music appears, written by one of the most famous of all multi Oscar-winning composers! This one comes from that incredible period that saw stuff like JAWS, STAR WARS, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL, CAPRICORN ONE and... well you get the idea. Anyway, we'll have the title and audio samples posted on our site this Monday, August the 30th. 3000 copies will be available, the maximum quantity we can produce based on our lengthy negotiations. So you may want to jump on this one pretty quickly if it appeals to you. It sure appeals to me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010
    Sounds interesting for sure. And announced on august 30th, my birthday... It would be a real treat if it's also an awesome release that's up my alley!
  8. And we got two or three surprise releases from LLLR being announced that day too, as I recall, so ... I hope you get money for your birthday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2010
    Hmmm, the Intrada release could be interesting.
    Maybe Dracula, 1941, Jaws 2 or even Star Trek: TMP complete!
    But I won't keep my hopes up too high.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Probably The Deep by John Barry according to the speculation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

I sure hope so. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2010 edited
    Pfffffffffffft!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2010 edited
    Pfffffffffffft!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

I sure hope so. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010
    Wow, these latest LLL selections have impressed me greatly! I won't need Krull though because the previous 2-CD release seems to have everything already. Still, everything they've recently offered or are about to is pretty awesome to me. Even Alien Resurrection. I think Clue was the biggest, most unexpected surprise for me. I thought I was the only one out there who was waiting for that release. I daren't hope it would ever come.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  9. Now "upcoming", but Low Qauntity Alerts from LLLR posted a few days ago at FSM:

IQ/SECONDS - LESS THAN 60 REMAIN

MILLENNIUM - LESS THAN 50 REMAIN

FARSCAPE CLASSICS VOLUME TWO - LESS THAN 180 REMAIN

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA - LESS THAN 200 REMAIN

FARSCAPE CLASSICS VOLUME 3 - LESS THAN 250 REMAIN

THE BIG COUNTRY - LESS THAN 300 REMAIN - GOING OUT OF PRINT 12/20/10

SPACEBALLS -- LESS THAN 300 REMAIN - GOING OUT OF PRINT 12/20/10

THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON - LESS THAN 270 REMAIN

NAME FOR EVIL - LESS THAN 30 REMAIN

MONTE WALSH - 3 REMAIN

UNDEAD - LESS THAN 360 REMAIN - GOING OUT OF PRINT 12/20/10

EFFECTS - GOING OUT OF PRINT 12/20/10

PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO - LESS THAN 240 REMAIN

MV
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010
    Thanks for the heads-up! I think the only one (that I don't already have of course) that I'll jump on in light of this notice is Panic in the Year Zero.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  10. Anyday now, but the notes are online and if you click enough, you can find some samples, too:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/notes/box05_intro.html
  11. Posted by MMM (Monsterous Movie Music) a week ago at FSM:

DELETED. I support conservatism.
  12. New from Quartet Records -- including one previously unreleased Mancini!:

(QR announcement copy & pasted from FSM)

CURSE OF THE PINK PANTHER (Henry Mancini); The only film in the "pink panther" series that had never seen an official soundtrack album release. Limited Edition of 1000 units.

THE LIVING DEAD AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE (Giuliano Sorgini) / HORROR EXPRESS (John Cacavas). New remastered edition with two European Horror classics!. Limited Edition of 500 units.

CINEMA TIVOLI, THE FILM MUSIC OF ALFONSO SANTISTEBAN. Hommage to one of the most finest Spanish film composers in the 70´s. An explosive cocktail of lounge music, shakes, bosanovas, female vocals, sweet jazz balads, caribbean sound, blaxploitation, beats, etc. Limited Edition of 500 units.

Enjoy!