• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. BAD NEWS for "Knight Rider" score fans:

news is future releases of Peake's music, will be digitial only.

angry
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I wasn't sure where to put this, and I didn't want to start a thread for just one small comment, but anyway -- it turns out Richard Bellis is a YouTube user, and he made this comment one somebody posted some of his score on YouTube, about seven months ago:

Thanks to all for the kind comments! There is no authorized soundtrack. Only cues that have been "ripped". I'm afraid the quality is not good. I hope to rerecord this score in the not-too-distant future.

Richard Bellis

YouTube user name: mscbybls
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    I wasn't sure where to put this, and I didn't want to start a thread for just one small comment, but anyway -- it turns out Richard Bellis is a YouTube user, and he made this comment one somebody posted some of his score on YouTube, about seven months ago:

Thanks to all for the kind comments! There is no authorized soundtrack. Only cues that have been "ripped". I'm afraid the quality is not good. I hope to rerecord this score in the not-too-distant future.

Richard Bellis

YouTube user name: mscbybls

What score would that be?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. That's right. The score: "It".
  4. Incase anybody missed it, another box is coming: the Maurice Jarre box (the price will be ... Jarring)
    http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/201 … se-devoile

So far only CD1 & 2 tracklisting has been provided, but "rejected scores" are supposed to be on it. See the Statistics page of my Rejected Scores site, for a full listing of rejected Jarre scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2010
    If it costs less than 500 dollars, I'm not buying it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2010
    Is it something like the Vladimir Cosma box? Then it might be a cheap one.
    Kazoo
  5. Posted yesterday my Monsterous Movie Music at FSM (goes under the user name "MMM"):

DELETED. I support conservatism.

and Quartet Records has just released:

Three new titles in Quartet this month:

YELLOWBEARD (1983). Premiere recording. Music Composed and Conducted by John Morris. LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 COPIES.

DEDICATO A UNA STELLA (1976) The Complete Edition. Music Composed and Conducted by Stelvio Cipriani. LIMITED EDITION OF 500 COPIES.

ULL PER ULL (2010). Music Composed by Marc Vaíllo. Performed by The Budapest Symphony Orchestra. Music for a Spanish TV Production. LIMITED EDITION OF 500 COPIES.

Thanks.

http://www.quartetrecords.com/
  6. New post over at Joel Goldsmith's website, by his assistant, George (FreeClyde.com):

As a reminder, we love putting out CD's!! They have all been selling...The Ark Of Truth is now sold out and I'd say only a small amount remains sealed for Joel and Continuum is also about to sell out. On November 5th and 7th at the Burbank Stargate Convention, the last remaining copies will be sold, although you can buy from us now at the shop link. As always, we are showing that we put out great releases, paying attention to audio quality & selection and spending time getting great artwork & graphics in our CD booklets including articles from Stargate Producers and Joel. As you all know, it's been a while since we've released a CD, so during this time we actually have 3 releases planned all of which will most likely follow closely to each other. Stay tuned for Stargate Universe, Stargate Atlantis and Helen of Troy as well as another sought after project that may get a surprise release, though I won't say a word!

George
    FC

In another post, he says Universe will be about 70 minutes; I suspect Atlantis will be, too.
  7. I really enjoy Ark of Truth and Continuum. But I'm not sure there's enough to Stargate Universe to be interesting away from the show.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. The upcoming Kritzerland CD will be a pairing, and one of the titles has already been guessed:

"the Whisperers" (John Barry)

Speaking on it, Bruce Kimmel (FSM handle: hainshisway) said:

Thanks! I have to say I really wanted a John Barry on Kritzerland and I absolutely love this particular score - in fact, it's one of my all-time favorite Barry scores - and the film is absolutely amazing. If you've never seen it, I cannot recommend it highly enough - it's finally out on one of those movie on demand DVDRs from MGM - not the greatest presentation (letterboxed at 1.66 but not anamorphic), but what a movie and what a performance by Dame Edith Evans. One of the greatest performances ever put on celluloid and she was seventy-nine at the time.

Best of all - there will be an actual booklet and not one of those tinker-toy fold open things that drive me absolutely up the wall.

No one has guessed what the other score on the CD will be, yet.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010 edited
    It's a good score but I'm happy with the RYKO release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. I totally forgot to post this about two weeks ago, but now there is a new thread to remind me -- three scores being re-recorded for CD -- one a Herrmann:
    http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts … ;archive=0

John Morgan and William Stronberg, the usual culprits.
  10. I'll be passing on the Steiner but will certainly be picking up the Herrman title.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    I totally forgot to post this about two weeks ago, but now there is a new thread to remind me -- three scores being re-recorded for CD -- one a Herrmann:
    http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts … ;archive=0

John Morgan and William Stronberg, the usual culprits.

Old, old, oooooooooooold news!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    That may be so but it's the first time I'd read it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yuh, same here.

And those Steiners will be mine! love
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Where have you guys been? Then again, I probably frequent a lot more film music message boards than you guys do and this has been common knowledge for quite sometime now. Plus, John, William and Anna are Facebook friends and they give lots of up-to-date news on their recordings. Anywho...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  11. James Fritzpatrick posted today over at FSM:

Be prepared for the joint announcement by Tadlow/Prometheus/SAE on November 2bd of "The Film Music Event of the Year"**

...yes I know I said that about THE ALAMO, then about LAWRENCE OF ARABIA ....but it is certainly true of this third title, which is .......

well it certainly isn't TARAS BULBA ...sorry ... I am not recording that until November and January of next year with Nic Raine

** I know some people regard SPARTACUS as the film music event of the year ... but here I am talking about new recordings
  12. The (almost)full contents of the Jarre "box" (4CD set), as again thanks to folks over at FSM (where are all you sorry score lovers over here when it comes to such info, eh? ;-):

DISQUE 1
    Lawrence Of Arabia (Lawrence d’Arabie)
    Les Yeux Sans Visage
    Le Président
    Thérèse Desqueyroux
    La Bête à l’Affût
    The Collector (L’Obsédé)
    Un Roi Sans Divertissement
    Week-End à Zuydcoote
    Doctor Zhivago (Le Docteur Jivago)
    Grand Prix
    The Night Of The Generals (La Nuit des Généraux)
    Five Card Stud (Cinq Cartes à Abattre)
    Villa Rides! (Pancho Villa)
    Isadora
    Topaz (L’Etau)

DISQUE 2
    Is Paris Burning? (Paris Brûle-t-il ?)
    The Fixer (L’Homme de Kiev)
    El Condor
    La Caduta degli Dei (Les Damnés)
    Ryan’s Daughter (La Fille de Ryan)
    Una Stagione all’Inferno (Une Saison en Enfer)
    Red Sun (Soleil Rouge)
    Pope Joan (Jeanne, Papesse du Diable)
    The Effect Of Gamma Rays On Man-In-The Moon Marigolds (De l’Influence des Rayons Gammas sur le Comportement des Marguerites)
    The Life And Times Of Judge Roy Bean (Juge et Hors-la-Loi)
    Ash Wednesday (Noces de Cendres)
    The MacKintosh Man (Le Piège)
    Grandezza Naturale (Grandeur Nature / Life Size)
    The Island At The Top Of The World (L’Ile sur le Toit du Monde)
    Great Expectations (De Grandes Espérances)

DISQUE 3
    Jesus Of Nazareth (Jésus de Nazareth)
    Mandingo
    The Man Who Would Be King (L’Homme Qui Voulut Être Roi)
    Shout At The Devil (Parole d’Homme)
    The Message (Le Message)
    Crossed Swords (Le Prince et le Pauvre)
    Two Solitudes
    Posse (La Brigade du Texas)
    Ishi : The Last Of His Tribe
    The American Success Company
    Die Blechtrommel (Le Tambour)
    Resurrection
    Lion Of The Desert (Le Lion du Désert)
    For All Those I Loved (Au Nom de Tous les Miens)
    A Passage To India (La Route des Indes)
    Witness
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
    (Mad Max Au-Delà du Dôme du Tonnerre)

DISQUE 4

Fatal Attraction (Liaison Fatale)
    Moon Over Parador (Pleine Lune sur Parador)
    Dead Poets Society (Le Cercle des Poètes Disparus)
    Gorillas In The Mist (Gorilles dans la Brume)
    Ghost (Ghost)
    Prancer
    Jacob’s Ladder (L’Échelle de Jacob)
    Rakuyo (The Setting Sun)
    (incluant une chanson interprétée par Ella Fitzgerald)

En bonus, 8 titres rares dont deux partitions rejetées…*

http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/201 … se-devoile

* "As a bonus, 8 rare titles (two of these rejected)" – I am not sure if this refers to the eight titles listed under Disc 4 or if this comes in addition to them.

"almost" 'cause they didn't name what two rejected scores were included. Shame, too. I can't effectively promote the set on my Rejected Film Scores site by mentioning in each release in the seperate entries -- all I can really do is keep that link at the top of the main list.
  13. Posted today at FSM:

It's also a pleasure to work with Mr. Snow.

We have a few more scores of his coming out in 2011.

Mark Banning
    www.buysoundtrax.com

This only confirms the rumors I had found. Great. Next year, if all goes as planned, there should be as many Snow CD as there were Goldsmith CDs this year.
  14. Coming voember 1st from Kritzerland:

"Dead of Winter"
    Richard Einhorn
  15. An update from Film Music society:

Greetings! (And our apologies for the impersonal group email!)

If you are receiving this email, it means you've asked to be on the "contact" list for updates on our CD project of Jerrold Immel's music from "Dallas" and "Knots Landing."

We can now say that we will definitely be proceeding with this project in 2011. We are very excited and will send along more details as we know them. There is no need to write us; you are officially on the list and will be contacted.

Until then... Thanks so much for staying in touch!
  16. La La Land Records announces:

Afternoon, y'all!

First off, a MAJOR WOO-HOO for that 2 disc Conan! Crom has answered our prayers.

Now on to LLL business:

Due to scheduling conflicts, delays, and the upcoming holidays we had to do some slight readjusting to our release schedule. Some titles that were due out in 2010 have been pushed back to 1st quarter 2011. Hey, shit happens, but you deal with it and regroup.

AVAILABLE TO ORDER ON NOVEMBER 16 AT 1 PM PST:

HAUNTED HONEYMOON
    Music by John Morris
    Limited Edition of 1200 units
    Retail Price: $14.98

Album Produced by Ford A. Thaxton
    Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland
    Liner Notes by Jeff Bond
    Art Direction by Mark Banning

La-La Land is proud to present John Morris's Gothic orchestral score to Gene Wilder's silly, spooky romp HAUNTED HONEYMOON. This album was mastered from analog tape elements from John Morris’s personal library, which were dubbed from the original ½ inch master at Abbey Road Studios. James Nelson of Digital Outland applied some compression and noise reduction in ProTools to achieve the finished master. While some analog tape hiss is present, the wide dynamic range of the source showcases the score’s full-throated London Symphony Orchestra brass performances and Morris’s highly detailed orchestral colors extremely well.

John Morris made use of, and musically referenced, a number of period songs in Haunted Honeymoon. Specifically, Morris employed the song “Always in All Ways” by Leo Robin, W. Franke Harling and Richard A. Whiting as a romantic theme for Wilder and Radner’s characters, both in the score and the original end credits suite. Morris also references “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf” by Ann Ronell and Frank Churchill, primarily in “The Dream.” The cues containing these musical references were unable to be included on the album for licensing reasons.

There will be no autographs offered for this release.

UNSTOPPABLE
    Music by Harry Gregson-Williams
    Retail Price: $15.98

Album Produced by Harry Gregson-Williams
    Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland
    Art Direction by Jim Titus

La-La Land Records is proud to present Harry Gregson-Williams action packed score to Tony Scott's latest opus UNSTOPPABLE. The intense 20th Century Fox film opens up in theaters on Nov 12 and promises to deliver edge of your seat entertainment as only action auteur Tony Scott can deliver.

The first 100 cds will be autographed by the composer at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed an autograph.

AND NOW...

INFORMATION REGARDING OUR LAST RELEASES OF 2010:

Like we have for the past few years, LLL will be announcing our last batch of titles for the year on BLACK FRIDAY, November 26. These 4 exciting titles will go on sale NOVEMBER 30 starting at 1 pm PST.

See you back here in a few weeks.

MV

PS CONAN! CONAN! CONAN! HOW AWESOME!
  17. justin boggan wrote
    Coming voember 1st from Kritzerland:

"Dead of Winter"
    Richard Einhorn

Holy crap. Ever since I bought his fantastic Joan of Arc piece Voices of Light I was waiting for something new from him.
  18. It's an older score than VOICES OF LIGHT, but in a way, it's all new to us! smile
    This is a bit like Corigliano's REVOLUTION finally seeing the light of day last year.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  19. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Coming voember 1st from Kritzerland:

"Dead of Winter"
    Richard Einhorn

Holy crap. Ever since I bought his fantastic Joan of Arc piece Voices of Light I was waiting for something new from him.

Ordered this as soon as I saw it. Curious to hear some other film music of Einhorn's as well as liking the clips.
  20. Posted by Lukas over at FSM:

There are two FSMs due this week. One of them is a reissue of two 1970s WB LPs together on one CD: One of them might be the music-and-dialogue album to KUNG FU, and the other might be Man in the Wilderness.
  21. It would have been better if the Kung Fu release could have had the dialogue removed. But, if it's just a straight reissue...
  22. Update from Lukas today -- also revealing the second title:

FYI looks like the two new ones, Kung Fu/Man in the Wilderness and The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. (3CDs) will be in stock Mon. or Tues.

Lukas