• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    I've never been a fan of that score ( heard in the film and the little that is on the Goldsmith box ), anyway, I've heard that the electronic elements are lost forever......or so it's been said?

Oh the irony... The electronic elements are lost... they couldn't store them electronically? rolleyes

Well I guess not at the time.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Well, they could turn up -- never know.

And like I've said before, Joel did some electronic work for his father on some scores (I recall "Runaway" was one, for example), and likely inheirited (unless left to someone else) any keyboards and a equipment -- maybe all the ones his father used on that score -- and it all could be reproduced.

I wonder, now that Joel is free from Stargate (with SG:U's cancellation) ... if he could be asked and would spend time to do that...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I would seriously hope that one of the Goldsmith's will be THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER, I shall have to wait and see?

As for a John Barry, I'll take whatever is offered, though I would hope it's HOWARD THE DUCK, GOODBYE LOVER or THE GOLDEN CHILD.

if it's THE BLACK HOLE someone will have to use some serious ressussitation equipment

I hope for THE GOLDEN CHILD too....the Michel Colombier material! tongue wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2011
    Only Thor (or the First Breath fellow at FSM) could make such a statement!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011
    Southall wrote

He, he...

Colombier's GOLDEN CHILD is actually among my top favourite wishes. The existing Capitol song/score CD has some selections, but it would benefit from a meatier presentation. So here's a case where I think an expansion is warranted.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

FACT!

I'll award myself 10 kudos points for appropriate use of the word 'FACT'. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I would seriously hope that one of the Goldsmith's will be THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER, I shall have to wait and see?

As for a John Barry, I'll take whatever is offered, though I would hope it's HOWARD THE DUCK, GOODBYE LOVER or THE GOLDEN CHILD.

if it's THE BLACK HOLE someone will have to use some serious ressussitation equipment

I hope for THE GOLDEN CHILD too....the Michel Colombier material! tongue wink

I quite liked Columbier's material and a CD featuring both his and Barry's score would be great.....of course, without any of Barry's material I wouldn't bother. ( as you won't if it's just the Barry score )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Soon from Kritzerland:

"A Dry White Season"
    By: Dave Grusin
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. I just wanted to ad, if you haven't headed over and listened to the samples for Kritzerland's new score, I think you should; it's clearly, as Kimmel says, "something special".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    The Dave Grusin one? Ordered that - looking forward to it!
  5. Oh yes.
  6. I'd never heard of this one until I'd heard those clips. I then ordered it from SAE, so it will be a while before it ships.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. LLLR is striking again for Comic Con:

As will La La Land with 3 or possibly 4 HUGE titles making their world debut down there. We hope have numerous composer signings as well.

MV
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    I must say, I can't follow with them anymore, and many of those titles are too large or too expanded to be interesting in the first place. I fear I may have missed interesting titles in between though. Well, it's a feeling I had for some time now (not only concerning La-La Land)
    Kazoo
  8. Announced today from Quartet Records:

Three new releases on Quartet this month:

HARRY AND SON (Henry Mancini) - World Premiere Release!!. Limited to 1000 units.

LA NOTTE (Giorgio Gaslini) - The Complete Edition!!. Limited to 500 units.

IL PECCATO (Antonio Pérez Olea) - First time on CD!!. Limited to 500 units.

For more info and several audio samples, please visit www.quartetrecords.com

In our webside there are several titles on offer that will continue only until the end of February.

And so far it appears Kritzerland might have a Horner coming next.

EDIT: furather narrowed down to be somewhere between 1980 and 1985.
  9. Brainstorm expanded? cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. And it appears: "Gorky Park"
  11. justin boggan wrote
    And it appears: "Gorky Park"

Is this the release that's something like...2 versions, a chronological order and the album order on the same CD?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  12. I haven't done a "Your mind to my mind" Vulcan thingy on Kimmel's head yet. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011
    Gorky Park is excellent but I have no problems with the existing album. Don't know if there was any more music in the film (it's been on my Sky+ box for about 18 months but I never quite get round to watching it).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a good film James, check it out.
  13. What is Gorky Park like? It's one of those Horners I've never been very much interested in, since I've already skipped on 48 hours, is Gorky Park possibly better than that one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Have a listen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbq2Zpcbe0

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  14. Erik Woods wrote
    Have a listen

-Erik-

I'd not heard any of this score before listening to the clip. Thanks for hunting that down and posting. Sounds good. Though I wasn't so sure about the beginning of "Irina's Theme" until about 50 seconds into the track when to strings kick in and drowns out that synth!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    I like Gorky Park. An old favorite from Horner's stellar year of 83! cool
  15. Posted today at FSM's message board:

seen on the french Underscores website : http://www.underscores.fr/forum/viewtop … amp;t=1951

I'm very pleased to share this information. There is a new french record label dedicated to soundtrack releases : MUSIC BOX RECORDS !

http://www.musicbox-records.com/

There will be an official announcement next week on their website but Music Box Records is going to release two scores composed by Georges Delerue about his french period.

I'm very excited that a new label is coming to release french scores ! It's a very good news.

I wish Music Box Records the best of luck on the soundtrack market and especially to produce some unreleased scores of french cinema or more...

Stay tuned !
  16. Good luck to them!
  17. Update: "Gorky Park" coming the 24th (ordering, not shipping date), and:

"Two presentations of the score - film order and album order - plus improved sound."
  18. Erik Woods wrote
    Have a listen

-Erik-

Still not convinced. I'll have to listen to some more clips. Thanks for the link though.
  19. Posted today by Roger over at the Intrada forum, on a [b]Kmen score...

"We are on the path of ROAD HOUSE...unfortunately there's a key reel missing. One reel...just one. But it's critical."