• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. That´s great news. Thank you!
  2. Two new Schifrin CDs for sale next month:

"The Dead Pool"
    "Return From River Kwai"

Also, I think it was La La Land who said January 13th something good was coming.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Another CD of score from "Knight Rider" (Don Peake) will be available come the Knight Rider Festinval in March next year. "Goliath" is the bulk of it, with some other stuff from season 2.
    http://knightrideronline.com/events/kni … rfestival/

Intrada has their next CD coming January 13th.

Prometheus has two more goodies coming, including an unreleased John Barry score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. La La Land Records confirmed in a post today two titles which news of was leaked:

"Heroes" (score CD)
    and
    "Outlander"

(I cannot recommend the "Heroes" scoring)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Another CD of score from "Knight Rider" (Don Peake) will be available come the Knight Rider Festinval in March next year. "Goliath" is the bulk of it, with some other stuff from season 2.
    http://knightrideronline.com/events/kni … rfestival/

Intrada has their next CD coming January 13th.

Prometheus has two more goodies coming, including an unreleased John Barry score.

More Barry...gimmegimmegimme lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. "Crossing Over" by Isham is coming to CD, no label name or date was given in the newletter e-mail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009
    It has been awhile since SAE has released anything so don't be surprised at a new Steiner or Tiomkin
    listen to more classical music!
  6. Got this e-mail from Hitchcock Media Records today:

Knight Rider: Best of Don Peake v.1, v.2, v.3 are available exclusively for the Knight Rider Festival taking place this weekend in Las Vegas. When we return, we are able to ship March 25th.

Best regards,
    Ron
    Hitchcock-Media.com

Not only is the Volume 2 about to be released, but they sneaked in a Volume 3 without any news about it. Nice.
  7. Reading a thread at the LLLR forum where someone claims to have heard from someone who replied from David Michael Frank's website saying LLLR was doing his score to "Poison Ivy".
  8. Reading a thread at MT forum where someone claims to have heard from someone who replied on another thread that someone told him that Justin Boggan is an idiot.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Reading a thread at MT forum where someone claims to have heard from someone who replied on another thread that someone told him that Justin Boggan is an idiot.

Hey hey! Don't go there please. That is just ... rude. (unless I might not see some kind of weird irony)
    Kazoo
  9. There is none. And it's as rude as making a thread go over 200+ replies of insults and off topic jabber, by the way.
  10. PawelStroinski wrote
    Reading a thread at MT forum where someone claims to have heard from someone who replied on another thread that someone told him that Justin Boggan is an idiot.

Classy, Pawel.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. Now THERE I sense irony...

Sorry, I just had to react. Yes, there was some irony, just because of the method how Justin got the information, it's like rumor. That way we can go MILES to get to the murderers of JFK or whatever else...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. Posted today at FSM's message board by La La Land Records:

We have a classic Horror score coming out in two weeks and then two whoppers in May!

MV

Well, I've always loved Whoppers. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    Two whoppers... interesting! wink
  13. On a German message board, someone did some guess work with title names and leaked the covers -- secretly hosted on FSM -- to a future release. The title:

"The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" (Dave Grusin)

It's already causinga stir at FSM and they are takign steps to make sure that doesn't happen again. Too bad the release that caused all this, wasn't something like "Spartacus".
  14. justin boggan wrote
    It's already causing a stir at FSM...

I can't seem to find any reference to this on their messageboard. Has it been "discussed" there, Justin?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  15. Yes, in fact another CD coming was leaked (I forget the title) by it's an Angela Morley score back when "she" was a "he". Here is the thread (the trouble starts about page 4):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
  16. justin boggan wrote
    Yes, in fact another CD coming was leaked (I forget the title) by it's an Angela Morley score back when "she" was a "he". Here is the thread (the trouble starts about page 4):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Thanks, Justin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  17. La La Land Records, in comparrison, has had a constant stream of leaks for about a year now. Do they ever get angry? MV Gerhard never shows it. Instead, they confirm, answer questions (happily, I might ad), and sell a ton of CDs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    La La Land Records, in comparrison, has had a constant stream of leaks for about a year now. Do they ever get angry? MV Gerhard never shows it. Instead, they confirm, answer questions (happily, I might ad), and sell a ton of CDs.

Well, he certainly was very angry in the FSM thread in question, yelling out expletives left and right! A bit of an over-reaction, if you ask me, even though it was obviously not a polite thing to do for whoever put those out. I would reserve my anger (in that scale) for things that truly matter, not the leak of new titles or soundtrack cover scans!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009
    A BIT of an overreaction?
    Ya think?

The reaction being impulsive (under your company name) is poor PR enough, but to rigidly REFUSE to read the arguments (which he completely misconstrued and misread) and to even ABIDE by that truly despicable behaviour reflect -in my opinion- extremely poorly on him AND the company.

So much so that I would now hesitate to do business with LaLaLand Records directly.

Partly from a principled point of view (I simply refuse to deal with people who persist -against knowledge and reason- in boorish behaviour. There's annoyance enough in the world I have to deal with.), but also from a very practical point of view: for the life of me I can't see how any potential business dispute can be handled properly be someone who so steadfastily refuses to read and gets offensive about it as well!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009
    Battles about stupid things! Awesome!

We need more battles!
    Kazoo
  18. justin boggan wrote
    On a German message board, someone did some guess work with title names and leaked the covers -- secretly hosted on FSM -- to a future release. The title:

"The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" (Dave Grusin)

It's already causinga stir at FSM and they are takign steps to make sure that doesn't happen again. Too bad the release that caused all this, wasn't something like "Spartacus".

if the battle would have been over The Goonies (Dave Grusin), I could understand it
    but this one?
    never heard of it shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    La La Land Records, in comparrison, has had a constant stream of leaks for about a year now. Do they ever get angry? MV Gerhard never shows it. Instead, they confirm, answer questions (happily, I might ad), and sell a ton of CDs.

Well, he certainly was very angry in the FSM thread in question, yelling out expletives left and right! A bit of an over-reaction, if you ask me, even though it was obviously not a polite thing to do for whoever put those out. I would reserve my anger (in that scale) for things that truly matter, not the leak of new titles or soundtrack cover scans!

New for FSM eh? I mean...fighting, swearing and all rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    New for FSM eh? I mean...fighting, swearing and all rolleyes

Definitely not, but a bit unusual coming from the otherwise calm and friendly-minded LaLaLand man.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well he hasn't been having a great time lately it seems, and all the negativity got out at once wink tongue

In general, with very few words, what happened with this...incident?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well he hasn't been having a great time lately it seems, and all the negativity got out at once wink tongue

Someone leaked the next titles from FSM by locating the cover scans from an url that had not yet been made official. LaLaLand Man, himself being a businessman and obviously also having a bad day, reacted to this and was provoked by everyone who didn't think it was the end of the world.
    I am extremely serious.
  19. Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Someone leaked the next titles from FSM by locating the cover scans from an url that had not yet been made official. LaLaLand Man, himself being a businessman and obviously also having a bad day, reacted to this and was provoked by everyone who didn't think it was the end of the world.

When I read this I immediately thought of this music. Ignore the narration and just listen to the theme tune whilst reading the above post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gTAW5SA … annel_page