• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Coming February 1 from LLLR:

CLUE
    Music by John Morris
    LLLCD 1154

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Album Produced by Dan Goldwasser (aka Col Mustard)
    Mastered by Mike Matessino (aka Professor Plum)
    Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger (aka Mr Green)
    Art Direction by Mark Banning (aka Mrs. Peacock)

Running Time: 50:55 (includes 17 minutes of bonus tracks) including an END TITLE written for the credits, but never heard until now.

We might have autographed copies, lol. . . I don't know for sure until I get them into my hands. I'll keep you posted

MV

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2812 … 948129.jpg

Next from Kritzerland:

NEW RELEASE
    Tentatively Scheduled for Monday, February 7

THE TIN STAR (1957) / FEAR STRIKES OUT (1957)
    Elmer Bernstein
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. FSM is about ready to bring us new CDs, too:

Yes, there are two new CDs ($19.95) imminent but SAE is buried in a snowstorm so we're not sure when we'll turn them on. Thanks
    Lukas

One of them is "Rich and Famous" -- Georges Delerue, paired with "One Is A Lonely Number -- Michel Legrand

and the other:

"The Big Bus"
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … E-BIG-BUS/

And also coming from FSM:

"Robinson Crusoe on Mars".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    New Delerue... new Shire... hooray!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    I can feel my wallet getting lighter already.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. LA-LA LAND RECORDS IN CONJUNCTION WITH ELECTRONIC ARTS TO RELEASE 8 DISC LIMITED EDITION MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

Includes original scores from Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz, and Ramin Djawadi

LOS ANGELES, CA – Electronic Arts (EA) continues to make new strides in video game music with the release of the MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION. The limited edition eight disc collection includes original scores from the 14 MEDAL OF HONOR titles, previously unreleased material from the award-winning composers Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz and Ramin Djawadi, a 40-page booklet with complete track information, and an introduction by game creator, Director Steven Spielberg. According to Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA, “the box set representing the 12-year-old franchise is an absolute milestone for video game scores. The millions of MEDAL OF HONOR fans around the world deserve nothing less. We are honored to partner with LA-LA Land Records.” The limited edition box set will be released March 1st.

In choosing an appropriate composer to convey the mood of the first MEDAL OF HONOR, legendary director Steven Spielberg was introduced to and impressed with young unknown composer, Michael Giacchino. “I did what anybody in their right mind would do,” said Spielberg. “I signed him up to score MEDAL OF HONOR—and the rest of Giacchino’s history belongs to him.” Giacchino’s video game score pioneered live orchestral recordings of videogame music.

After four highly successful video game scores, the baton was passed to Christopher Lennertz, who also composed the score for the Quantum of Solace game. Lennertz recorded MOH European Assault and Pacific Assault with the Hollywood Studio Symphony, which has recorded for legendary composers such as John Williams.

Last year the game was reinvented and for the first time in its 12-year history, MEDAL OF HONOR left World War II and entered the modern day warfare in Afghanistan. The most recent disc of the collection demanded an intense score that could bring the game into this brand new era, and Ramin Djawadi was brought on for the challenge. Known for his score for Iron Man and the Prison Break television series, Djawadi’s score matches the intensity of the soldier’s story and Tier 1 experience in 2010’s MEDAL OF HONOR.

The increasing demand of the MEDAL OF HONOR scores by soundtrack aficionados led to EA's musical compendium of the MOH music. The rising popularity of videogame music has created an outcry to the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) to create a GRAMMY category honoring "Best Videogame Score." Currently, the Grammys recognizes video game music as part of the category “Best Score Soundtrack for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.”

LLLR chimed in saying, among other things that it wasn't supposed to be announced early, it will contain score from nine of the games and the price tag: $54.98. March or April is the aimed for release date.
  4. 55 dollars is a bargain
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Especially if you import it from Euro regions.

But since I already own Giacchino's masterpieces I won't be getting this box. Not even Djawadi's contribution can persuade me.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Especially if you import it from Euro regions.

But since I already own Giacchino's masterpieces I won't be getting this box. Not even Djawadi's contribution can persuade me.

biggrin
  7. LLLR's new art work gives hints to the next releases:
    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1757/1 … 763511.jpg

Folks sare saying:

"Broken Arrow"
    "Stargate
    "Monkeybone"

I agree with "Stargate" --- not sure how else to take a large flying pyramid, with even swiling gusts of wind underneath it. Hated when Varese only expanded it, would be happy as hell if LLLR did the whole shabang.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    That's not a pyramid, Justin, That's the stealth fighter from the film Broken Arrow.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. The traight lines across it, and the bottom does look something liek the bottom of the Ra's pyramid from film does make me think it, but like I said -- I was just repeating what others were saying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011 edited
    It doesn't matter what every one else thinks... the image is of THE STEALTH BOMBER FROM BROKEN ARROW!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. Really, you mean it wasn't of the Batplane from "Broken ARROW"? tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You'd have thought 'holding an arrow that's broken' would be more than enough clue.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. And it being held by John Travolta. I would not say he is identifiable immediately but if you see it as him the cartoon fits.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. if they release Stargate then I honestly don't know why, considering it already got 2 releases

an expanded Broken Arrow would be very cool news though smile
  12. I simply love the 60 minute presentation of Broken Arrow, for me it's a perfect album. So seeing an expanded release is something I have mixed feelings about.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  13. I don't like Broken Arrow very much at all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  14. It's not one that has too many fans I guess, but I love its sound from start to end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    An extended Broken Arrow????

Have they gone mad!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Jerry Goldsmith's Mr. Baseball is next!!! wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Not heard this one - though I'm listening to a suite now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Best score ever as everyone well knows.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I don't like Broken Arrow very much at all.

yeah minus the 'very much at at all'
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Have they gone mad!?

Yes.
  15. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

if you compare it with today's work, well yes tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Dunno if this has been posted before , but the following is a must buy for me ... smile
    Available now !

Battlestar Galactica Vol. 1 Stu Phillips $19.99
    Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 154
    (76:06) World premiere release of complete Stu Phillips soundtrack from 3-hour pilot episode of costly, spectacular Universal sci-fi series starring Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch. Complete 1/2" multi-track stereo session masters survive in perfect condition in vaults at NBC Universal, including all format music
    (main titles, bumpers). This first volume in ambitious CD series focuses on entire pilot score, includes both original opening sequence pluspost-production edited version as well as composer's lively disco
    source cues heard during Carillon sequence, also presented in stereo.
    ("Love, Love, Love" vocal was not written by Phillips and was recorded elsewhere. It is not included here due to contractual reasons.) Phillip's prepared a 40-minute LP in 1978 using meld of soundtrack performances by full Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra, made at 20th Century-Fox Studios Scoring Stage, plus re-recorded cues by same players at later sessions.) Intrada CD presents every cue from LAPO recording sessions, premieres wealth of previously unreleased stereo music. For some episodes of single-season show, Universal commissioned new scores, recorded at Universal Scoring Stage with orchestras ranging from roughly 20-40 players, while other episodes simply tracked existing material. Multi-track stereo session masters were retained for many newly-scored episodes with other episodes stored in pristine condition on 1/4" mono formats only.
    Future volumes of this exciting Intrada series will cover remaining episodes from stereo session elements when they were made plus mono session masters when those were the only recordings prepared. (TV
    series, of course, was produced and broadcast only in mono back in 1978-79.) Stu Phillips supervised new digital mixes at Universal and editing sessions at Intrada, producing this definitive CD presentation of his landmark and justifiably famous score. Stu Phillips conducts Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra. First volume in series, released as part of Intrada Special Collection and limited to 3000 copies!
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Yup! Erik posted this in the STU PHILIPS composer thread.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

if you compare it with today's work, well yes tongue

biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

Have they gone mad!?

Yes.

Well, at least they got themselves 1 buyer from what it seems.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.