• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    An extended Broken Arrow????

Have they gone mad!?

Yes.

Well, at least they got themselves 1 buyer from what it seems.

If you mean me, well no... I wasn't waiting for an expanded release anyway. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. "Crysis 2"
    Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe

2CD coming from LLLR, thanks again to Amazon.com who just can't seem to keep things secret.

Score was done, as far as I can tell, back in late 2007 -- been sitting there a while. Leaked out years ago, too.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Balfe wasn't working that much in 2007, Justin. As far as I know, the score was written in 2010 and they worked a year on it. Most of it is Balfe, I am only wondering if Zimmer has some in-game material rather than themes only.

And yeah, my info is confirmed. In late 2007 they released the *first* game in the series, it was scored by Inon Zur. ZImmer and Balfe's score was recorded with a full orchestra, rather than the sample-based Modern Warfare 2. The score leaked on youtube, because a full demo has leaked this February. So no 2007. All stuff leaked this year and even this month.

Balfe is proud that the work was hidden from the public for a year. It's a bit weird that they didn't make any official announcements in EA.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. All I know is posts from tat time frame, and people composing up with him and Zimmer as the composer, and early leaked downloads. Maybe he WAS working, the push back just made it seem like a quiet year for him.

Anyway, next up from Kritzerland:

NEW RELEASE
    Tentatively Scheduled for Monday, February 28

AUDREY ROSE (1977)
    Michael Small
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Michael Small's music was a highlight today. The love theme from Klute has to be one of the loveliest tracks I've ever heard.

I'll certainly be giving this one some attention.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Posted today by Kritzerland over at the FSM board:

As noted elsewhere, Kritzerland has two great Donaggio scores coming, neither have which have been mentioned here. But they're really great.

And Roger over at Intrada says they have a Conti "at the plant" right now. I'm guessing that'll be in the next batch unless something happens.
  6. Posted at BSX's Facebook, (as pointed out by an FSM member):

"2 New Releases coming from BSX RECORDS

We will be announcing two new titles tomorrow at 2:00pm (Pacific Time, I think)

The first title is from a 1980's Action film that will mark it's first ever release and the first time we'll be presenting the work of this composer who is best known for his work for the small screen.
    The other is from a recent thriller that will mark the second time we'll be working with this composer."
  7. When trying to press Kimmel (Kritzerland) with guesses at the Donaggio scores coming, he replied on one title:

Not Dressed to Kill. That's coming down the line from another label.

So, possibly three Pino Donaggio scores coming this year.
  8. Update from Lukas over at FSM:

Hi Gang, plan your purchases...

Telefon/Hide in Plain Sight has arrived at SAE and will be turned on for ordering shortly.

Next: Robinson Crusoe on Mars, complete and in stereo - late March.

Then, late March or early April, The Homecoming/Rascals and Robbers - Goldsmith +
    Horner Americana, love this one!

After that... I'll write more later. Thanks!

Lukas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2011
    Ok, we'll plan our purchases.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. LLLR is going to strike again:

"Its a 2 disc set. More next week

As for MOH we are looking at a March 29 or April 12 release date. We are waiting for final final final final final final final (get where I'm going here? wink ) sign off from legal on the artwork.

As for th Big X, early/mid May. We just got in all the artwork files (took longer than expected) and Mark Banning is working on the booklet now."

MV

Quartet Records will probably announce any day now.

We didn't just reach a point of saturation, we got buried under a river of it.
  10. Comng from MMM:

DELETED. I support conservatism.
  11. Posted today by LLLR:

Yes, its the DC Showcase soundtrack featuring the scores to the animated shorts:

Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam
    Jonah Hex
    Green Arrow
    The Spectre

The composers will be part of that massive signing event at Dark Delicacies April 16.

The 1000 unit Limited CD streets April 12 at 1pm PST. More details to follow.

MV
  12. Clues to the soon-to-come Kritzerland score -- 1980's:

The composer, while new to Kritzerland, is not an Oscar winner.

I'LL EDIT THIS POST AS NEW INFO IS AVAIABLE; MAKE A NEW POST ONCE THE TITLE HAS BEEN GUESSED.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    I reckon it's Burt Kwouk. He fits ALL the clues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Not so fast now. For your consideration I submit....Simon LeBon!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    Leo Sayer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    I reckon it's Burt Kwouk. He fits ALL the clues.

*lol*
  13. And it is:

"Pirates"
    By: Philippe Sarde
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer will go happy! bhangra
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    And it is:

"Pirates"
    By: Philippe Sarde

What is?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    IT is.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011
    I am!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  14. No, I am!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You are?
  15. I am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Where is am?

Is that 12 o'clock?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No that is that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Kritzerland has announced the releasing of Counterfeit Traitor/Newman
    listen to more classical music!
  16. sdtom wrote
    Kritzerland has announced the releasing of Counterfeit Traitor/Newman

ALFRED Newman before any of you youngsters get too excited!

It seems unusual to me for an Alfred Newman score to be for a film of this genre: I'm too used to his swashbuckling/period drama scores and tend to forget that he did scores right into the 1970s.