• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I can't find it, but it's going up for order May 4th or May 10th.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    Ok, thanks!

It was about time!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Copied & pasted from Arthur Bubinstein's website -- until such time it disappears because it was let out of the bag too early:

Symphony In The Glen’s COSMIC CONJUNCTION will soon be released by Intrada Records

The recording contains the music performed at the Griffith Observatory on October 2, 2009, in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Galileo’s discoveries—part of last year’s worldwide “Year of the Astronomer”.

The recording features Arthur B. Rubinstein’s “Observations”, narrated by Leonard Nimoy.

Interesting. Though I hope there are no dialogue tracks. He may have a good voice, but I'm in it for the music.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Is it too early to state how good his voice is on the Star Trek album?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. It would be quite illogical.
  5. Okay, looks like that Kritzerland one was wrong, here is the correct coming CD:

NEW RELEASE
    Tentatively Scheduled for Monday, May 9

MULHOLLAND FALLS (1996)
    Dave Grusin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    It's a superb score, well worth having.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Update from LLLR on "The X-Files":

You read that right – this is the first Volume of music we plan to release from this landmark television series. VOLUME TWO is already in the works and is scheduled to be released in 2012
  7. When somebody was guessing what the next Kritzerland release is, another Pino score, this exchange occured:

Appointment with Death?

I tried, but it was already spoken for.

So that's coming from some other label.

And as for Bruce's next, it appearently one of these three Pino scores, a lush score (likely the last one):

"Tex", "Rescuers: Stories of Courage", "The Berlin Affair".

EDIT:

Oh, and the new Quartet Records releases:

Quartet Records proudly presents three new releases:

KILLING ME SOFTLY/ Patrick Doyle

World Premiere Release of Patrick Doyle exciting and suspenseful score for the 2001 intense erotic thriller Killing Me Softly.

Directed by Chen Kaige (Farewell To My Concubine) and starring Heather Graham, Joseph Fiennes, Natascha McElhone and Ian Hart, tells the story of Alice, who finds herself falling into a carnal wonderland with Adam Tallis, a charismatic mountaineer whom she brushes past in the street one day- their contact igniting a fire that leads directly back to the floor of his flat. Quickly ditching her dull boyfriend, Alice is sucked into Adam’s intoxicating world, praised by friends who never thought he could be tamed, and given tender sympathy by his sister Deborah. But when a woman who alleges Adam raped her tries to blackmail Alice, his new bride finds that her dream lover might have left a string of victims behind him, least of all a climbing expedition that mysteriously perished under Adam’s leadership, a group that included his first flame.

The music is composed by Patrick Doyle (Henry V, Carlito’s Way, Hamlet, Sense and Sensibility, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Eragon, Thor), who returned to the thriller genre after his terrific score for Dead Again (1991). His orchestra would take on the heat of a sexually charged dance, its emphatic rhythms timed to sweaty trysts and a ribbon-controlled ride of autoerotic asphyxiation. Yet while time certainly changed the level of explicitness he’d be playing, Doyle had once again found a mystery as uninhibited, and classily composed as his music.

Orchestrated by Patrick Doyle, Laurence Ashmore and James Shearman, and conducted by James Shearman. This release, supervised by Patrick Doyle himself, includes all the music written for the film, including original versions of some cues that were modified in the final cut of the film.

One of the works that remained hidden for one of the great composers of our time. Limited edition of 1000 units, includes a 20-page booklet full of stills and extensives liner notes by Daniel Schweiger.

WAR GODDESS/ Riz Ortolani

Premiere CD release of the complete Riz Ortolani score, written as a cheeky homage to peplum scores for Terence Young's 1974 War Goddess (aka Le guerriere dal seno nudo, aka Le Amazzoni).

Although he is still best known as the director of four of the first three James Bond pictures, Terence young's career contains its fair share of odd titles, including this Italian historic film which was made a decade after the golden age of the pepla. Starring Alena Johnston, Sabine Sun, Malisa Longo and Luciana Paluzzi, Le Amazzoni is a campy picture about the life of amazons who are forced to mate with men in order to keep their tribe alive - unfortunately the new Queen is starting to fell for his intended mate with tragic consequences.

Previous releases of Riz Ortolani's score contained precious little of the actual film tracks which make their debut here. The first 10 tracks is the program of the original Cinedisc LP (partially released on CD by Point Records in 1995), while tracks 11-22 contain the actual takes used in the film. The score's central theme is a playful march for the amazons, followed by several beautiful romantic set pieces for the relationship of Queen Antiope and Prince Theseus. The program also contains a huge battle track and haunting suspense material for the tribe's dark rituals.

This release produced by Claudio Fuiano for Quartet Records includes a 16-page booklet with film stills and liner notes by Gergely Hubai, discussing the director, the composer, the score and the special role of Le Amazzoni within Italian cinema.

IL GIARDINO DELL’EDEN/ Stelvio Cipriani

Premiere CD release of lush Stelivio Cipriani score, written under the influence of the composer's seminal romantic works such as Anonimo veneziano and Dedicato a una stella.

Il Giardino dell’Eden (also known as Eden no sono) was a obscure Japanese-Italian co-production directed by Yasuzo Masumura, who used to study in Rome. The story is set in Italy, where teenaged thief Michael fells for a well-to-do girl, Alessandra. By taking a ride on the boy's stolen motorcycle, the couple gets implausibly stranded on a beach, where they engage in a Blue Lagoon-like sexual awakening.

Composer Stelvio Cipriani provides an upbeat teen romance score with the participation of harmonica soloist Franco De Gemini. The CD contains the original LP program of the soundtrack that was released only in Japan by Cinedisc, plus our edition also contains twelve new cuts to round out the package. Fans of Cipriani's work may be interested to find an infectious motive that previously headlined the music of Concorde Affaire'79.

After an intense search for the original masters tapes, which have been irretrievably lost, we resorted to the only possible source preserved in the world: the back-up tapes owned by Maestro Stelvio Cipriani. Carefully restored and mastered by Claudio Fuiano, this release is presented in full stereo, with the anomaly of an small digital disturbance in the tracks 10 and 21 (the same disturbances that were also in the Japanese vinyl, so we deduce that is a failure recording itself).

The CD score runs over 43 minutes, containing all the music recorded for this curious production. The 12-page booklet is richly illustrated with film stills and contains liner notes by Gergely Hubai, discussing the director, the movie, the composer as well as the score.

For tracklisting info and hear generous samples, please visit
    www.quartetrecords.com

Cheers
  8. New from FSM, a Schifrin:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … -IN-A-ROW/
  9. As I mentioned half a year, or a year ago here, now it comes to pass:

"The Family Way" Varese Vintage line (expanded, remastered):
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … ily/Detail
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    As I mentioned half a year, or a year ago here, now it comes to pass:

"The Family Way" Varese Vintage line (expanded, remastered):
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … ily/Detail

Excellent! George Martin had a hand in this too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. Less than 100 copies of "My Demon Lover" left.

"The Storyteller" (Portman), is now in "Muppet hell", regarding the used-to-be future LLLR release.

Hum. Muppet Hell. That actually might make an entertaining movie. Kermet gets run over while crossing the road, and Miss Piggy, Gonzo, the bear, and a small band of others, go to Hell to retreiveve him -- being accidently sent there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    That reminds me of the horrible, horrible beginning of Pirates 3 where they go to Davy Jones Locker to rescue Jack Sparrow. slant
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  11. Fixed it. biggrin

Scribe wrote
    That reminds me of the horrible, horrible Pirates 3. slant
  12. LLLR release schedule, if anybody is interested:

We have a wacky schedule coming up for the next few months. As far as I can tell this is what the schedule will be:

June 21 - 2 New Releases.

PLEASE NOTE: The titles will go on sale at 11 am PST June 21 instead of 1 pm PST. Reason being, our webmaster is heading out of town that day for a long vacation and needs to upload everything a bit early.

July 5 - nothing is scheduled for this Tuesday

July 19 - the week of Comic Con.

We will be unveiling our Comic Con titles this Tuesday at midnight and will have them down in San Diego for the show. These titles, however, will not be going on sale through our website until Tuesday, Aug 2. So, that means if you are down at Comic Con you will have a 2 week exclusive window on these exciting releases. As to what they will be I haven't a friggin clue! lol 6 titles are vying for this slot, but only 3 are going to make it. The remaining 3 will most likely not be ready for the show and will be released later that summer.

Last year we started selling our COMIC CON titles the Tuesday we got back from the show and it was brutal. A week long con like Comic Con wipes you out. The last thing we wanted to do this year was to make the same mistake twice. Thus, the reason why the titles go on sale online a week later. Sorry guys, thats the way it is.

Aug 2 - our COMIC CON titles go on sale via our website and other online specialty stores.

Aug 16 - another 2 or possibly three titles

MV

He also said in the Kamen thread -- not referencing LLLR specifically, a "ton" of Kamen stuff is in the works. So, Kamen fans -- start saving up.
  13. Intrada announes new clues. Go there to seem them, but this one posted in the thread a few posts down by Roger, is far, far more interesting:

And, just a tip of our hat for one of our 6/28 releases. We're very excited about this so it's difficult to keep it under wraps for so long, but I will mention that we're launching a new series of albums that day. These are a co-production (and therefore co-branded) with the studio bringing some stuff to light we frankly never thought we'd see happen.

One can only wonder.
  14. Next up from LLLR:

Howdy Pardners!

The following two titles will be made available through our website next Tuesday June 21 at 11 am PST:

THE SENDER
    MUSIC BY TREVOR JONES
    LLLCD 1137
    LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Produced by Dan Goldwasser
    Mastered by Mike Matessino
    Liner Notes by John Takis
    Art Direction by Mark Banning

This presentation of Trevor Jones' score to THE SENDER came from a 1/4 " mono source found in the Paramount vault. As it was not the complete score, it could be surmised that this source was intended to be used for an LP release at the time of the film's release - but it is not certain that is the case. The material was transferred by Johnny "Dee" Davis at Precision AudioSonics, and once an assembly was compiled, digital mastering was handled by Mike Matessino. THE SENDER is a moody and affecting score, and we hope that you enjoy this early work by Trevor Jones.

BAD GIRLS (EXPANDED)
    MUSIC BY JERRY GOLDSMITH
    LLLCD 1169
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Produced by Nick Redman
    Mastered by Daniel Hirsch at D2 Mastering
    Liner Notes by Jeff Bond
    Art Direction by Davis C. Fein

Runnin' a lil' over 60 minutes this newly remastered and expanded edition of the maestro's last Western score is the rootin-est, tootin-est, shootin-est, galoot north, east, west, and south of La La Land Records! This rousin' score will certainly kick the dust off yer boots and make ya wanna saddle up to one the purdy stars to this action packed western. Detailed liner notes by everyones favorite cowboy Jeffy "THE KID" Bond takes you on a journey through the films facinatin' history and Mr. Goldsmith's complex score.

See y'all back here next week!

YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Bad Girls expanded? Hmn, definitely one that sounds interesting smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011
  16. The Sender in mono? What were these people thinking? That no one would be interested in the music away from the movie?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  17. Posted today in an FSM thread, by Bruce (Kritzerland), when guessing about the upcoming 2CD set, which at least one composer on, is Bernstein; somebody guessed "Drango":

It's not Drango (this time) I will say Drango is coming and will sound so much better than that thing they released overseas mastered from an LP.

So, two Bernstein's in the near future.
  18. And "Kings go forth" is the other Bernstein.
  19. The above CD will be paired with another of his scores, "The Pride and the Passion". The plan, he says at the FSM board, is to possible announce Friday, or Monday. Being it is Friday, it may not come today.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    The above CD will be paired with another of his scores, "The Pride and the Passion". The plan, he says at the FSM board, is to possible announce Friday, or Monday. Being it is Friday, it may not come today.

George Anthiel.
  20. Just a heads up, SAE posted on Facebook to check with them on Monday, June 20th, for a massive sale on FSM titles as well as an update on low quantities.
  21. Just seen on Facebook that a 2CD set of Batman Forever is coming from La-La Land Records in October.
  22. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just seen on Facebook that a 2CD set of Batman Forever is coming from La-La Land Records in October.

I find that incredibly stupid, considering there's already a CD of that available, and considering the much better Batman & Robin score is still not released until this date

hoping Batman Forever will eventually lead to a CD release of Batman & Robin though
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just seen on Facebook that a 2CD set of Batman Forever is coming from La-La Land Records in October.

I find that incredibly stupid, considering there's already a CD of that available, and considering the much better Batman & Robin score is still not released until this date

hoping Batman Forever will eventually lead to a CD release of Batman & Robin though

What he said.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Batman & Robin is very unlikely to get a CD release? Something to do with Goldenthal suiing over the 300 score.