• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Batman & Robin is very unlikely to get a CD release? Something to do with Goldenthal suiing over the 300 score.

The 300 thing was in relation to TITUS, I believe.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    That's right!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. A two CD release isn't "stupid". I would think that it will sell very well. You wouldn't want all other possible releases halted until a specific title is released would you?

I thought I had read a while back that Batman and Robin was on the way. But I can't remember now if that was official rumour or just wishful thinking.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    A two CD release isn't "stupid". I would think that it will sell very well. You wouldn't want all other possible releases halted until a specific title is released would you?

I thought I had read a while back that Batman and Robin was on the way. But I can't remember now if that was official rumour or just wishful thinking.

as long as Batman & Robin is on the way, they can release whatever they want. My point was just, why release something available if a better one hasn't been released at all?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011
    With Batman 2CD being released first, followed a few months later with Batman Returns 2CD and now Batman Forever 2CD, I can imagine they're doing things in the proper order. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and wait till Batman & Robin will arrive. Which I'm sure it will. Willing to place bets on it.
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    A two CD release isn't "stupid". I would think that it will sell very well. You wouldn't want all other possible releases halted until a specific title is released would you?

as long as Batman & Robin is on the way, they can release whatever they want. My point was just, why release something available if a better one hasn't been released at all?

I wouldn't expect to see BATMAN AND ROBIN properly released.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's something to do with Warner Bros being really pissed at Goldenthal.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Timmer wrote
    It's something to do with Warner Bros being really pissed at Goldenthal.

Then why are they able to release a Batman Forever 2CD?
  4. Lukas on the next FSM title; is that quote at thee end a clue?

News of upcoming CDs: There is one magnificent title we have for July that has been in the works for several years. It is one of the single most beautiful scores ever written. It has taken a long, long time to produce…because we can only work on it at “Golden Hour.”
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011 edited
    Of course it is. Otherwise someone desperately needs to tell them you can perfectly work after Golden Hour by using lights.

Maybe it's a reference to Days of Heaven, filmed almost strictly during the Golden Hour? Or it's a lame play of words and it's a Goldenthal or Goldsmith score.
  5. As pointed out by an FSM member:

Just posted on Facebook -

"NEW CD CLUB AND LIMITED EDITION! - Breaking with tradition a little, we will announce a single new release from each of our collector series on July 11. We'll have one new title from our CD Club and one new title from our Limited Edition series. See you then!"

Kritzerland will is definitively releasing next, "Drango".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Take these for what you will, from Kritzerland, posted at the FSM board:

We've got another great score coming for Golden Age score lovers. We may put some synth over them so that our 1980s fanatics can purchase, too

I will go out on a limb and say that if The Ten Commandments is coming it won't be from Varese. I'm not saying we're doing it because we aren't, but I've heard rumors, oh, yes, I've heard rumors.

Now, that second one, is a rumor I hope to be TRUE.
  7. Mornin' y'all

Hope you folks in the good ol' USofA had a splendid July 4th holiday and you fine folks overseas had a great Jully 4th as well.

Due to the craziness of thi wonderful thing called show business a number of planned releases debuting at Comic Con this year have, for one reason or another, has been delayed.

That said, one title is in stock and ready to ship next Tuesday, thus this informal announcement.

Starting next Tuesday, July 12 at 1 pm PST La La Land Records starts shipping:

THE GOLDEN CHILD
    LLLCD 1180
    Music by Michel Colombier and John Barry
    3 Disc Set
    Limited Edition of 5000 units
    Retail Price: $29.98

Produced by Lukas Kendall
    Mastered by Mike Matessino
    Liner Notes by Jon Burlingame
    Art Direction by Jim Titus

This massive 3 disc set features both scores for the film -- Barry's mostly rejected score as well as Colombier's score used for the film. Barry fans are in for a treat. His score to this Eddie Murphy flick is one of the finest he ever wrote. It's like his lost Bond score by way of Somewhere in Time.

There is the tease. More to come later.

MV
  8. hmn, I'm sure some Barry fans will be very happy with this news
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    shocked cry <--with happiness punk fireworks punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    hmn, I'm sure some Barry fans will be very happy with this news

yeah, just a tiny bit.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. I was waiting for that response smile
  10. Future titles coming from LLLR:

So, what about Comic Con and all your hype?

At the beginning of the year we were racing toward Comic Con with 6 titles, hoping that at least 3 or 4 would make it in time. As the days grew closer and the problems/delays started to mount up on some of those titles, we started to rethink our approach. Once mid June hit and we realized that only 1 of those titles was actually going to be done, we decided "WHAT THE HELL", unleash the Chosen One early to the world. Four of those titles will not be done in time for the Con.

These four titles were going to be:

Batman Forever Expanded Archival Collection
    Forever Young Expanded Archival Collection
    Space Above and Beyond (3 cd set)
    1941 (2 cd set)

Those titles are still coming -- When? Who knows....but they are in the chute.

That said, we might have one more title come in just in time for Comic Con -- that will be making its debut at the show and then on the website Aug 2. It was produced by Ford A Thaxton and Lukas Kendall and should, hopefully be here shortly.

We'll keep you all posted on that and other Comic Con news shortly.

In the meantime, enjoy The Golden Child.

MV
  11. Courtisy of Trackzone.fr (score site):

COMING FROM UBEDA - TADLOW NEWS

In Ubeda, James Fitzpatrick has announced the next scores he will rerecord with the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Nic Raine:

- CONAN THE DESTROYER (Basil Poledouris)

- THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (Dimitri Tiomkin)

Scheduled for next year is the complete representation of one of the most awaited score in the film music community: QUO VADIS by the great Miklos Rosza.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2011
    ALL of those are a MUST! punk

I'm particularly pleased to see CONAN THE DESTROYER there, though it's nowhere near BARBARIAN it's still utterly fantastic and is a score that has got many plays out of me right from the days of it's LP release to it's CD release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I was just thinking that my lukewarm reaction to Conan The Destroyer pretty much stems from the fact that I have never warmed to this album due to its lackluster performance. So this might actually be a massive eye-opener for me.

That said, I am really most excited about the remake of Rozsa's Quo Vadis which is easily on par with his Ben Hur as far as power and intensity is concerned.

What an excellent batch of choices for re-interpreting.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  12. Hopefully not too much of a "re-interpreting" but rather a faithful recreation of the originals in all their glory.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hopefully not too much of a "re-interpreting" but rather a faithful recreation of the originals in all their glory.

I most certainly hope they DON'T recreate the original recordings (if that's what you meant), but rather stay faithful to the SCORE SHEETS!
    I am extremely serious.
  13. No, I meant what was originally wanted rather than recreating the poor performances.

Must be my bad use of English.

One of the great things about the recent Conan The Barbarian re-recording is that it recreates the whole feel of the original soundtrack but with better performances and recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    No, I meant what was originally wanted rather than recreating the poor performances.

Must be my bad use of English.

One of the great things about the recent Conan The Barbarian re-recording is that it recreates the whole feel of the original soundtrack but with better performances and recording.

Ah...well, then I think we're talking about the same thing, because what they "originally wanted" is pretty much in the score sheets themselves. Just like Steiner's KING KONG sounds much better in the Marco Polo rerecording than the original, which had all kinds of limitations and were certainly NOT up to the par Steiner intended.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I was just thinking that my lukewarm reaction to Conan The Destroyer pretty much stems from the fact that I have never warmed to this album due to its lackluster performance. So this might actually be a massive eye-opener for me.

That said, I am really most excited about the remake of Rozsa's Quo Vadis which is easily on par with his Ben Hur as far as power and intensity is concerned.

What an excellent batch of choices for re-interpreting.

I think it will be, as you say, an eye-opener for you Martijn, there is a friggin great score there waiting to be heard properly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, you know, it's not like I wasn't gonna buy it. smile

FalkirkBairn wrote
    No, I meant what was originally wanted rather than recreating the poor performances.

Yeah,a re-creation was pretty much what I meant.
    Reinterpretation sounds too much like putting one's own stamp on an original work, which in this case isn't what I want to hear at all.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn, I didn't believe for one fraction of a quantum space and time folded nano second that you weren't going to buy it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

Damn. I hate being predictable...but yeah...it IS Poledouris...
  14. Copy & paste from an FSM post:

According to the French site 'Underscores', Moviescore Media has announced a couple of their titles to be released before the end of the year. Among them 'The Hole' (Javier Navarette), The Celestine Prophecy (Nuno Malo), Pandemonium (Dario Marianelli) and last but not least 'Man to Man' (Patrick Doyle, who obviously has a very good year!).