• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well he hasn't been having a great time lately it seems, and all the negativity got out at once wink tongue

In general, with very few words, what happened with this...incident?

Someone leaked the next titles from FSM by locating the cover scans from an url that had not yet been made official. LaLaLand Man, himself being a businessman and obviously also having a bad day, reacted to this and was provoked by everyone who didn't think it was the end of the world.

When I read this I immediately thought of this music. Ignore the narration and just listen to the theme tune whilst reading the above post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gTAW5SA … annel_page

Not sure how it would stand up now or maybe my sense of humour is different to then but I used to love SOAP.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Next Tuesday we are announcing our latest ... followed in a few weeks (I hope) by two more awesome HUGE, GINORMOUS, SUPER SIZED, OUT OF THIS WORLD, "I WANT TO SELL MY SELL MY SOUL TO OWN THESE CDS" releases. followed in a few weeks (I hope) by two more awesome HUGE, GINORMOUS, SUPER SIZED, OUT OF THIS WORLD, I WANT TO SELL MY SOUL TO SELL MY OWN THESE CDS "releases. The kind of cds that makes you wish you still had your 1977 KENNER star wars toy collection that you had as a kid so you can sell it on ebay for a ton of cash and then take that cash and buy all 3000 units of these two NEW releases so you can quadruple your profits because you will be the only person in the world to have these mammoth releases and you are gonna make a bajillion dollars in profit and be as rich as Bill Gates! The cds that kind of makes you wish you still had your 1977 EXPERTS starwars toy collection that you had as a kid so you can sell it on ebay for a ton of cash and then take that cash and buy all of 3000 units of these two NEW releases so you can quadruple your profits because you will be the only person in the world to have these releases Mammoth and you are gonna make a bajillion dollars in profit and be as rich as Bill Gates! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. . Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. . .

I'm sorry, where was I? I'm sorry, where was I? Oh yeah... Oh yeah ... in a couple of weeks we should have them out. in a couple of weeks we should have them out.

MV MV

Posted about a week ago. I can't even begin to guess what wonders await...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. In the new Don Peake interview (see the Peake thread) he states "Knight Rider" Volume 4, 5, & 6 are coming, and a 2CD set of the score for the episode "Goliath".

And in a La La Land Records forum post asking about a complete "Batman" (89) score release, the reply from LLLR was:

I'm working on it...I'm working on it.

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Next Tuesday we are announcing our latest ... followed in a few weeks (I hope) by two more awesome HUGE, GINORMOUS, SUPER SIZED, OUT OF THIS WORLD, "I WANT TO SELL MY SELL MY SOUL TO OWN THESE CDS" releases. followed in a few weeks (I hope) by two more awesome HUGE, GINORMOUS, SUPER SIZED, OUT OF THIS WORLD, I WANT TO SELL MY SOUL TO SELL MY OWN THESE CDS "releases. The kind of cds that makes you wish you still had your 1977 KENNER star wars toy collection that you had as a kid so you can sell it on ebay for a ton of cash and then take that cash and buy all 3000 units of these two NEW releases so you can quadruple your profits because you will be the only person in the world to have these mammoth releases and you are gonna make a bajillion dollars in profit and be as rich as Bill Gates! The cds that kind of makes you wish you still had your 1977 EXPERTS starwars toy collection that you had as a kid so you can sell it on ebay for a ton of cash and then take that cash and buy all of 3000 units of these two NEW releases so you can quadruple your profits because you will be the only person in the world to have these releases Mammoth and you are gonna make a bajillion dollars in profit and be as rich as Bill Gates! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. . Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. . .

I'm sorry, where was I? I'm sorry, where was I? Oh yeah... Oh yeah ... in a couple of weeks we should have them out. in a couple of weeks we should have them out.

MV MV

Posted about a week ago. I can't even begin to guess what wonders await...

There seems to be a bit of repetition in these comments. Perhaps this a clue?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    And in a La La Land Records forum post asking about a complete "Batman" (89) score release, the reply from LLLR was:

I'm working on it...I'm working on it.

MV

Now that'd be great! Although most of the good stuff is already on the CD as far as I remember...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    Not sure if this is the cd they're referring to, but I got this in my mailbox today:

La-La Land Records presents the premiere CD release of Les Baxter's (HOUSE OF USHER, PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO, MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES) score to the 1970 AIP Lovecraft-inspired horror feature THE DUNWICH HORROR, starring Dean Stockwell, Sandra Dee and Ed Begley, and directed by Daniel Haller.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  4. LLLR post at FSM:

#95 is a limited editon of 3,000 units -- a title that has been requested more than once on this board.

#99 is a limited edition of 1,200 units. A title that may not have been oft requested but is certainly a . . . well, let's face it -- it's an intriguing release. LOL

MV
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Interesting!
  5. ON JULY 21st 2009, LA-LA LAND RELEASES ITS 100TH TITLE! WHAT WILL IT BE?
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Countdown.html

Thanks to all for supporting our label. You made these 100 releases possible!!!

The question is clear: What could it be?
    It must be something really special
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    I'll not turn my hopes up, and hopefully it will be a surprise after all then biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    La-La Land is doing a fantastic job, but is this thread only about them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    I'll not turn my hopes up, and hopefully it will be a surprise after all then biggrin

Yeah, I'm hoping for an expanded Wrath of Khan too.
  6. moviescore wrote
    La-La Land is doing a fantastic job, but is this thread only about them?

I just post what I find. LLLR just happens to be very talkative on the FSM boards, that's all.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ON JULY 21st 2009, LA-LA LAND RELEASES ITS 100TH TITLE! WHAT WILL IT BE?

LLL said at FSM that it will be BSG4 2CDs

- Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 is LLL's 100th release per it's Amazon listing.

Splendid. I too had expected it to be something else, but it's therefore not less exciting or special.

-------------------------------------
    - To us BSG is special. It's our flagship and this 2 disc set is going to be one hell of a swan song for Bear's music!

MV
  7. ColSharpe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

LLL said at FSM that it will be BSG4 2CDs

- Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 is LLL's 100th release per it's Amazon listing.

Splendid. I too had expected it to be something else, but it's therefore not less exciting or special.

-------------------------------------
    - To us BSG is special. It's our flagship and this 2 disc set is going to be one hell of a swan song for Bear's music!

MV

ye, that's what Dan told us
    Haven't seen Season 4 yet, but I'll bet it will be awesome nonetheless wink
  8. http://www.perseverancerecords.com

Has a new update with two titles coming.

And again, from LLLC -- who loves to spill the beans in FSM posts (in reference to Rachel Portman's scoring on the Jim Henson TV series "The Storyteller"):

Or y'all can just wait until the real deal comes out this x-mas.

MV
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

And that all on the Belgian national holiday. How nice of them. beer
  9. justin boggan wrote
    http://www.perseverancerecords.com

Has a new update with two titles coming.

And again, from LLLC -- who loves to spill the beans in FSM posts (in reference to Rachel Portman's scoring on the Jim Henson TV series "The Storyteller"):

Or y'all can just wait until the real deal comes out this x-mas.

MV

interesting if a bit unknown
    they would better release Robinson's New Nightmare on Elm Street score, that one is a bit long but having some really wonderful stuff
  10. And from Doug's Corner at the Intrada forum:

we'll still be posting our newest Special Collection limited CD for sale next Tuesday as well. It's one of the all-time most requested we've ever had around here... and now it's a reality. A stricter license limits us to just 2500 copies, so if it tickles your fancy, don't wait long to grab it.

This is of course bad news for score lovers who work the night shift and don't have internet access.

Should be interesting to find out what it is.

And for those who don't know, Varese says their next Club batch is June 29th.

Holy wallet whipping, Batman!
  11. justin boggan wrote
    And from Doug's Corner at the Intrada forum:

we'll still be posting our newest Special Collection limited CD for sale next Tuesday as well. It's one of the all-time most requested we've ever had around here... and now it's a reality. A stricter license limits us to just 2500 copies, so if it tickles your fancy, don't wait long to grab it.

This is of course bad news for score lovers who work the night shift and don't have internet access.

Should be interesting to find out what it is.

And for those who don't know, Varese says their next Club batch is June 29th.

Holy wallet whipping, Batman!

yay, I smell a Goldsmith album
    They always follow with various albums of the same composer

David Newman: Jingle all the Way, Throw Momma from the Train, Bill & Ted
    James Horner: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Something Wicked this Way Comes
    Jerry Goldsmith: One Litte Indian, In Harms Way & .... Innerspace?

Or The Goonies??? punk punk punk
  12. First Disney fell (thanks to Intrada)

Then Paramount fell, thanks to LLLR and the nifty new head of music over there, Randy Spendlove.

Now ... get ready for it ... UNIVERSAL has fallen, and according to LLLR in an FSM post, "Lonely Are the Brave" is just one of MANY scores Varese will have forthcoming from Universal.

Holy shit -- I'm so excited. NEver in my dreams, just three years ago, would I iamgine I could have typed all that without being a bold-face lying sod.

2009 is hsaping up to single-handedly be thee GREATEST year in fil mscore breakthrew ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    First Disney fell (thanks to Intrada)

Then Paramount fell, thanks to LLLR and the nifty new head of music over there, Randy Spendlove.

Now ... get ready for it ... UNIVERSAL has fallen, and according to LLLR in an FSM post, "Lonely Are the Brave" is just one of MANY scores Varese will have forthcoming from Universal.

Holy shit -- I'm so excited. NEver in my dreams, just three years ago, would I iamgine I could have typed all that without being a bold-face lying sod.

2009 is hsaping up to single-handedly be thee GREATEST year in fil mscore breakthrew ever!

that is really exciting news

what are some of the other major scores you are expecting from paramount and universal?
    The Ghost and the Darkness is among Paramount. Right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ghost And The Darkness complete would be really great to have. But first of all I'd like the proper completes of all 3 Back To The Future scores!

(Though I wouldn't consider Disney as having "fallen" until some of the animated scores are actually released.)
  13. The Back to the Future's, especially 1 needs a serious repolishing, so that would be a great idea
    we'll see what the future brings wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Silva Screen is coming with a cd release for the new 'season' of Torchwood. (depends if you can call 5 eps a season)
    http://www.silvascreen.co.uk/ishop/299/torchwood.aspx
  14. Rian wrote
    Silva Screen is coming with a cd release for the new 'season' of Torchwood. (depends if you can call 5 eps a season)

wasn't too fond of the first one, I loved his Doctor Who music more wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Rian wrote

wasn't too fond of the first one, I loved his Doctor Who music more wink

I quite liked it. It didn't really offer something you had never heard before, but the second half of the album delivered on the mixture of genres and its variation. I know, silly explanation, but that's why I still listen to it regularly. I do hope, though, that the new album will bring something fresher and more unique.
  15. Forthcoming from La La Land Records:

"Taking Woodstock" (Danny Elfman)
    and
    Douglas Pipes' "Trick 'r Treat".
  16. Interesting Elfman does the Ang Lee movie!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website