• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. More teasing. Posted today by Bruce (Kritzerland), at FSM:

Your Walter Scharf patience will be rewarded very soon. We just signed the deal, which was very complicated.

Some of the Jerry Paramount films are convoluted in terms of rights as Jerry had ownership in some of them.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I have always been curious to hear Scharf's music for The Nutty Professor. Though with Lewis' Buddy Love character I am sure that there will be a few songs as well as score, if released.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    OH MY GOD !!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just wanted to show my completely ecstatic enthusiasm for this long awaited release. HOOK is coming and it will be mine, forever and ever !!

bounce bounce bounce

I give a much deserved BANGERANG to LaLaLand for making my day, possibly even my year .... punk punk punk

I'm glad that my brother is ecstatic about this, but then again this is also a release that deserves such a presentation

so, excellent punk

Indeed! beer
    A glorious release as well!
    So happy that this one was finally properly released. I'm considering buying another to store in a safe or something. wink
  3. Posted by LLLR today on their Facebook:

Our voyage began 3/22/2009 and today, 4/23/2012, the final proof was signed off on. . .the booklets/tray cards are being printed as I type!

(Nearly 3 years to the day! Funny how some projects work out.)

June 5th 2012 at 1 pm prepare to boldly go. . .

I think we all know where this is boldly going...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. I have started with the F5 key already!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012
    beer punk
  5. So wait... another must-have score on the way? spin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. In an FSM thread posted today about a re-issue of Henry Mancini's score to "Sunflower", it was brought up it's a Japan issue, that may not be legitimate, and so Quartet Records stepped in to say this:

shocking!!!

According to the brief information in the Amazon sheet, this seems a Japanese reissue of the album, and I'm not sure if it is entirely legitimate.

It's time to reveal that we are working in a properly licensed and expanded edition of this Mancini masterpiece.
  7. Craig Safan posts on his site that his rejected score to "Wolfen" will be released by Intrada.

There's two other CD's in the News section, and both just recently came out this passed week and-a-half, so that would lead me to speculate one of the next two Intrada batches will contain this.
  8. Posted at FSM:

The following quote was posted on Facebook April 21st, 2012 from a very reliable source (regarding Danny Elfman's MIDNIGHT RUN score):

"Though I don't think that there was initially much left off of the original 1988 soundtrack, we'll eventually be getting an expanded score album, with an instrumental version of the End Credits( which is the song "Try To Believe" performed by Oingo Boingo under the alias “Mosley and the B-Men”.) As they say, stay tuned! "

I did a quick search and didn't find the quote, but being new it probably isn't showing up (unless it was deleted). I'm betting the label is: La La Land Records.

MAY 1st EDIT:

Facebook user updated, apparently they have PISS POOR communication abilities and this was just wishful thinking on their part.
  9. Posted by LLLR on Facebook:

Coming next Tuesday May 8, 2012 at 1 pm pst:

MOMMIE DEAREST
    Music by Henry Mancini
    LLLCD 1209
    Limited Edition of 2000 units
    Retail Price: $19.98

... Executive Album Producer: Dan Goldwasser
    Mastering by Mike Matessino
    Liner Notes by Jeff Bond
    Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the world premiere release of Henry Mancini’s score to the cult classic MOMMIE DEAREST. This 51 minute presentation features the score as heard in the film, cues cut from the film, source cues and alternate tracks. With it’s grand sweeping themes and lush melodies that only Mancini can dish up this is a must buy Mother’s Day gift for all you Mother’s and “mutha’s” out there. Jeff Bond’s notes capture all the behind scenes antics of this Razzie Award winning classic! The movie might be one of those “it’s so bad it’s GOOD!” flicks but the one thing that is undeniably great is Mr. Mancini’s incredible score!

Continuing with our Mother’s Day theme. . .

ROSEMARY’S BABY
    Music by Christopher Komeda
    LLLCD 1210
    Limited Edition of 3000 units

Executive Album Producers: Lukas Kendall, MV Gerhard, and Matt Verboys
    Associate Album Reissue Producer: Neil S. Bulk
    Mastering by Doug Schwartz, Mulholland Music
    Liner Notes by Scott Bettencourt and John Takis
    Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

This definitive presentation of the Rosemary’s Baby score comes to you courtesy of La-La Land Records, Paramount Pictures and Universal Music Enterprises. Jam-packed with over 70 minutes of music this fantastic cd features the original soundtrack album, the film score, source music and a few bonus tracks. Neil Bulk and Chris Malone have performed miracles with their brilliant audio restoration of the film’s original mono tracks. In depth liners by Scott Bettencourt and John Takis take the listener behind the scenes of the film and the chilling score by one of cinema’s most underrated composers.
  10. This may not end up being available on CD but I see that Charlie Mole's score for Dorian Gray is to be released on 14 May as a digital download.

I remember hearing some good comments from people who knew of the score and listening to the clips now it does sound interesting. Maybe one to look out for?
  11. Guard you wallets, hide your daughters and cover your nuts, Varese Sarabande CD Club is abotu to strike:

"A new batch of CD Club titles will be announced on May 14!

A little background...

We've realized that we're getting old ... well, if we're not, at least some of our early releases sure are! Next year will be Varèse Sarabande's 35th(!!) anniversary. That means that it's possible that certain titles of ours have been out of print for over two decades! I think it's time to reintroduce a few of these oldies but goodies. As just part of our new CD Club announcement, we will launch the "Varèse Encore" series of long out-of-print titles - newly re-mastered and with updated packaging. These will not be "Deluxe Editions" where we add music to the original track selection. The contents of the "Varèse Encore" CDs will be the same as the original releases, but newly available to a generation (or two) who have never had an opportunity to buy certain titles from any place other than Ebay.

Coming May 14 ... a new batch of releases from the Varèse Sarabande CD Club, which will include the inaugural titles from the Varèse Encore series. See you then!!"
  12. Funny but I am not too interested about these OOP titles that have no additional music. If they have been OOP for so long and they are such wanted titles I would have acquired a copy by now.

But, let's see what is released...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Funny but I am not too interested about these OOP titles that have no additional music. If they have been OOP for so long and they are such wanted titles I would have acquired a copy by now.

There are some I would love to get. Some of the Goldsmith things they released in the early days - Psycho II, Macarthur, I'm sure there are others - I only have on CDR.
  13. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Funny but I am not too interested about these OOP titles that have no additional music. If they have been OOP for so long and they are such wanted titles I would have acquired a copy by now.

Me neither. I only look forward to the Club CD's. As I said at another forum on the re-issues:

I find it very disappointing. If they're scores deserving of a complete release, Varese not only now holds the rights in perpetuity, but they won't even expand them.

I know they meant well, but to me it was like them poking me in the eye with a stick saying, "Hey, you like that?".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    I find it very disappointing. If they're scores deserving of a complete release, Varese not only now holds the rights in perpetuity, but they won't even expand them.

I know they meant well, but to me it was like them poking me in the eye with a stick saying, "Hey, you like that?".

Well... (a) they might only own the album master in perpetuity and not the rights to the full score... (b) perhaps the titles being released are amongst the 99.5% of scores which have been released which do not need an expansion.
  14. Titles are subjective, in regard to expansion.

One can only hope they hold the album master rights only, but if that album is the original score, then it still holds up a complete presentation, as those cues can't be included if some other label tried.

"Remember this stick last time we poked you in the eye? It's back, only cleaned up!"
  15. They could always do a re-release of the original album now and then, at some point in the future, they could release an expanded version.

But they wouldn't do that. Would they?
  16. Likely not, considering different apsects. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

There are some I would love to get. Some of the Goldsmith things they released in the early days - Psycho II, Macarthur, I'm sure there are others - I only have on CDR.

I missed stuff like PSYCHO II but I'm really hoping for THE QUILLER MEMORANDUM.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
  17. Looks like Varese has updated low quantities on many of their Club CD's. Just saw that the Bernstein Box of un-used scores, says "fewer than 10" copies left. If you were still pondering, you're about to miss it:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … ork/Detail
  18. I think that that box is worth the expense
  19. And release news:

An FSM member asked about "Star Trek: Generations" for a complete release, since GNP just did First contact:

I asked Mr. McCarthy himself about the expansion. He said:
    "they're putting the expanded version together now; probably in a month or two".

Posted today by John Morgan over at FSM:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!!
    Max Steiner's classic, rousing Adventures of Don Juan score
    arrives complete for the very first time!
    Tribute Film Classics' new 2-CD set also includes the complete score for Arsenic and Old Lace, terrific bonus tracks and extensive liner notes in a beautiful 68-page booklet

Sherman Oaks, CA – May 10, 2012 – Max Steiner’s Adventures of Don Juan is one of the all-time great Golden Age film scores and finally bursts onto CD with every note intact for the first time from Tribute Film Classics.

Warner Bros.’ lavish 1948 production follows the lovemaking and swashbuckling exploits of legendary lover Don Juan de Marana (Errol Flynn) as he fights to save the Spanish court -- and its beautiful queen -- from the evil Duke de Lorca. The typically excellent Warner cast includes Viveca Lindfors, Robert Douglas, Alan Hale and Raymond Burr.

Steiner packs the film with musical colorings that run the gamut from rousing action themes to glorious processionals to lilting love themes and serenades. The infectious Don Juan theme itself is one of Steiner's most recognizable and he brilliantly exhausts every possible variation of it to keep the score fresh and cohesive. The award-winning Tribute team of William T. Stromberg, John Morgan and Anna Bonn have meticulously recreated every note for this first-ever presentation of the complete score. As with all previous Tribute recordings, Stromberg conducts the Moscow Symphony Orchestra in a flawless performance that will astound all lovers of classic film music.

Also included in the set is the complete score for Frank Capra's popular comedy Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) starring Cary Grant. Here, Steiner cleverly uses numerous existing melodies to complement the tale of two kindly spinster sisters who just happen to have a penchant for poisoning lonely old men. A delightful 18th century children's hymn is used for the main thematic material, but Steiner also creates a wonderful, fairy-like theme for one of the crazy spinsters and provides his usual abundance of expressive motifs.

Rounding out the set are bonus tracks that include Steiner's great trailer re-orchestrations for both films, and an amazing surprise track that will thrill all fans of the great composer.

A 68-page, full-color booklet is spectacularly designed by Jim Titus and features notes from the Tribute principals along with Steiner archivist James V. D’Arc. The booklet is jam-packed with photos and includes extensive production histories of the two films by historian Ryan Brennan and cue-by-cue analyses by Curt Hardaway.

Available exclusively from Screen Archives Entertainment. For more details, sound clips and to order please visit:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … -LACE-2CD/

For all previous TFC releases please visit:

http://www.screenarchives.com/display_r … -CLASSICS/

New from Quartet Records:

DeMasi: Vizi Privati, Pubbliche Virtu`
    Bacalov: Il Grande Duello + Lo Chiamavo Mezzogiorno (The Man Called Noon)

quartetrecords.com

New from Music Box Records:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

And head to Intrada for the latest clues.
  20. Interesting new CD. No samples, sadly:

On 28th May Silva Screen Records will release
    NEW WATER MUSIC FOR THE THAMES DIAMOND JUBILEE PAGEANT

Inspired by Handel’s Water Music, The New Water Music draws on the original titles with eleven leading contemporary British composers contributing a newly written five minute movement each.

Featuring music by Anne Dudley (Oscar winner for The Full Monty), Stephen Warbeck (Oscar winner for Shakespeare In Love), Christopher Gunning (Poirot), Debbie Wiseman (Wilde) Julian Nott (Wallace & Gromit), the pieces will be performed for the first time on a barge which will be part of a 1000 boat flotilla celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.

The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant will take place on Sunday June 3rd in the presence of The Queen and will be televised worldwide with an estimated one billion audience.

Performed by the ENSEMBLE H2O
    CAT NO: SILCD1385

http://www.diamondjubileemusic.com/

TRACKLISTING:
    1. Fast - Slow - Fast - Anne Dudley
    2. Gigue - Debbie Wiseman
    3. Bourree - John Lunn
    4. Rigaudon - Howard Goodall
    5. Air On The River - Stephen Warbeck
    6. Passepied - Gavin Greenaway
    7. Overture & Allegro - Julian Nott
    8. Jubilee Gavotte-rock - Christopher Gunning
    9. Slowish - Graham Fitkin
    10. Alla Hornpipe - Adrian Johnston
    11. London Bells - Jocelyn Pook
  21. I've been following Debbie Wiseman's tweets during the composition, rehearsal and recording of her portion of this and it does sound intriguing. I am interested to hear what has been composed (and I had forgotten that there were several composers involved).
  22. LLLR has shoved in one more release with those two video game scores:

JANE EYRE
    MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS
    LLLCD 1214
    LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

REISSUE PRODUCED BY LUKAS KENDALL
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULLHOLLAND MUSIC
    LINER NOTES BY JEFF ELDRIDGE
    ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La La Land Records and Capitol Records are proud to reissue one of John Williams greatest scores, JANE EYRE, from the 1971 film starring George C Scott and Susannah York. For this CD reissue engineer Doug Schwartz worked from the ¼” 2 track stereo album masters from the Capitol EMI vault. The stunning 24 page booklet by Jim Titus features in depth liner notes by Williams historian Jeff Eldridge as well as reprints the notes from the original LP package. Sadly the complete recorded score has been lost to the ages and all that has survived is the LP masters. The tracks are identical to previous releases, but the sound has been greatly improved and Jim’s packaging is worth the price alone! While not the “definitive edition” we had hoped for, this release sure packs a wallop! If you never owned this score now is the time to pick it up!
  23. Future titles announced early (no given date approximation given) by LLLR:

"Warning Shot" (Jerry Goldsmith)

This is what is on ours:

Tracks 1-16 are from the film. . .

Tracks 17 - 27 are from the album. . .

SI ZENTNER Plays Music From the Original Motion Picture Score
    of Warning Shot And Other Themes Composed by Jerry Goldsmith

17. Warning Shot 1:49
    18. The Gasser 2:47
    19. Messed Up 2:17
    20. Back to the Seascape 2:35
    21. Miss Alice 1:54
    22. Cornering the Suspect 1:54
    23. Von Ryan March (From Von Ryan’s Express) 3:15
    24. Mona Lisa (From Warning Shot) 2:03
    25. Theme From The Prize 2:21
    26. A Patch of Blue 2:43
    27. Theme From The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 2:23

Total Time: 26:35
  24. And LLLR boldly goes where everybody has been bitching about wanting to go before:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0