• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. This looks like a thorough release. I can't wait. Archival release of the year here, I think.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
    Worst release EVER! Can't be bothered.

dizzy spin dizzy spin spin dizzy spin dizzy spin dizzy spin dizzy spin

:drool:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I know, why are they wasting time releasing this stuff for the 19th time when they could be unearthing new Kilkline scores that we've never heard before? Shameful.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Scribe wrote
    I know, why are they wasting time releasing this stuff for the 19th time when they could be unearthing new Kilkline scores that we've never heard before? Shameful.

He followed Dumlap's steps and threw away tapes to all his scores. The rest were tossed to make room in one studio, another flooded, destroying them, and some were erased and recorded over with "Dr. WooWho" scores, which were subsequently tossed as well.

The only thing that survives is his score for the unaired, darker pilot to "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Deadly".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Next up from Kritzerland:

I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE (multiple composers) with THE ATOMIC CITY (Leith Stevens)

Story behind the first:

1958. Musician's union strike. Score comprised of music used for other films, but newly-recorded overseas. So, had the film carried a music credit, it certainly would have made me happy to see music composed by Hugo Friedhofer, Victor Young, Franz Waxman, Aaron Copland, Nathan Van Cleave, Leith Stevens, Daniel Amfitheatrof, and a few others.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    LLLR has shoved in one more release with those two video game scores:

JANE EYRE
    MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS
    LLLCD 1214
    LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS
    Retail Price: $19.98

REISSUE PRODUCED BY LUKAS KENDALL
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULLHOLLAND MUSIC
    LINER NOTES BY JEFF ELDRIDGE
    ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La La Land Records and Capitol Records are proud to reissue one of John Williams greatest scores, JANE EYRE, from the 1971 film starring George C Scott and Susannah York. For this CD reissue engineer Doug Schwartz worked from the ¼” 2 track stereo album masters from the Capitol EMI vault. The stunning 24 page booklet by Jim Titus features in depth liner notes by Williams historian Jeff Eldridge as well as reprints the notes from the original LP package. Sadly the complete recorded score has been lost to the ages and all that has survived is the LP masters. The tracks are identical to previous releases, but the sound has been greatly improved and Jim’s packaging is worth the price alone! While not the “definitive edition” we had hoped for, this release sure packs a wallop! If you never owned this score now is the time to pick it up!

If that is true, I'll definitely pick this one up.
    It's my favourite non-Star Wars Williams score, and I was always a bit sad the sound was as muffled as it is.
    This really is good news to me!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oooh. Will buy Jane Eyre too. Lovely score!
    Kazoo
  4. Continuing to let you know what MV is saying on Facebook, thanks to other people's posts, so none of us have to go to Facebook (you're welcome):

It's summer now and things here at the Triple "L" always seem to get a bit nutty.

Our release schedule is all over the place for the next few months so let me try and lay it out to you as clearly as possible:

Today, May 22 at 1 pm we have 3 titles coming out:

Starhawk by Chris Lennertz
    Sorcery by Mark Mancina
    Jane Eyre by John Williams

June begins our JERRY-TASTIC month!

June 5, 2012

Star Trek The Motion Picture
    Warning Shot

June 19, 2012

We will continue our love of Mr. Goldsmith and have at least 1 if not 2 Jerry titles out on this day.

July is gonna be quite something. . .

Our regularly scheduled release date of July 3 will not be happening. We will be too busy getting everything ready for Comic Con the following week.

At Comic Con, July 11 we will debut our next batch of releases. What they all will be is unknown at this time. Two titles are for sure going to make the cut -- still waiting on artwork approval on 2 more titles.

July 19, 2012 - We will put our Comic Con Titles up for sale on our website (yes I know its a Thursday). We are NOT doing it on Tuesday the 17th because we need some time to get things back together after returning from the Con

July 31, 2012 - we resume our regular release schedule with 1,2 or 3 titles (depending on approvals and back logs)

Aug 8 to Aug 12 - VEGAS BABY! Matt and I are getting our "geek on" and will be in Vegas for the Star Trek Convention.

Aug 14, 2012 - more kick ass releases

Aug 28, 2012 - more kick ass releases

And so on and so forth. . .

So, three to four Goldsmith titles in June, and I'm guessing the next ST:TNG volume in August.
  5. KeepMoving Records

Three new releases announced:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
  6. That's not a new label, it's where I got my two Yury Poteyenko game scores from.

I'm sure they have been around for a while, though I couldn't say from when exactly.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. You're right -- I'd never heard of them before, but according to SoundtrackCollector.com, they've been releasing CD's since 2005, with only about two dozen.

Edited and removed the comment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    Yep, great little label. I have been purchasing many CDs off them over the years, with the Poteyenko ones being the standouts. Big fan...although these last three releases mean little to me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012
    Tomorrow seems to be pretty interesting over at intrada.com:

"A fantastic way to follow up the Memorial Day holiday will be finally owning two of the most famous - and yet never before released! - actual soundtracks of all time. You'll know the movies, you'll know the music and the composer for both titles is legendary. And... you'll most likely already have the short "score" albums. They're famous, too! Now enjoy at last this famous music in its original guise! One of them even helps us all celebrate Universal's 100th Anniversary. Artwork, track lists and sound samples will be up this coming Monday eve. Orders begin shipping Tuesday, May 29."

What scores could that be?
  8. Quantity update from LLLR:

We now have less than 100 units of Batman Returns.

You want one, now is the time to grab one!

MV
  9. Revealed by Kritzerland to be coming, but no timeline given:

"Too Late Blues"
    David Raksin

And apparently a George Dunning score, too.

Somebody, I think it was LLLR, said a Victor Young is coming as well.
  10. Continuing with their long-held tradition, Opps, We Announced Too Early Amazon.com hasannounced too early LLLR is releasing:

A CD of score from the recent "Green Lantern" CGI series. August 21st is the date they give. o word from MV yet. 1CD.

And new from Quartet Records:

George Fenton - China Moon
    http://www.quartetrecords.com/china-moon.html

Nicola Piovani - Marcia trionfale
    http://www.quartetrecords.com/marcia-trionfale.html

Pascal Gaigne - Pascal Gaigne Retrospective
    http://www.quartetrecords.com/pascal-ga … ctive.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
  11. Loaded a little slowly, but the links worked fine for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    I can't access their website at all. Get a "Site under maintenance" message from their homepage, and a "404 Not Found" from those three links.
  12. I can access them, no problem
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  13. He said the sitye is running slow (and to have patience), and a redesign was done.

He also said, when asked about any Delerue scores coming:

A world premiere release of a very important Delerue title come early July...
  14. Clues for the next Kritzerland:

1960's
    American film, American composer, living and nominated for an Academy Award (yes, it's a little ambiguous on the last clue).

In reponse to somebody wanting "High Anxiety" (John Morris), LLLR posted this in reply:

I'm going to hold out for a more complete release of that score from LA-LA Land.

James

Yes, please do

MV
  15. More info on the July Quartet Records Delerue score:

This title has not been released before in any format. Not a French film.
  16. New from Film Score Monthly:

"The Friends of Eddie Coyle" / "Three Days of the Condor"
    Dave Grusin
    (LINK)

New from Kritzerland Records:

"All in a Night’s Work"
    Andre Previn
    (LINK)

Next up (very soon) from Beat Records:

"All the Way Boys" (De Angelis Brothers)
    "SI PUÒ FARE MOLTO CON SETTE DONNE" (Franco De Gemini)
    "SETTE DOLLARI SUL ROSSO" (De Masi)
    "EROS PERVERSION" (Fidenco)
  17. Posted yesterday at FSM (ever notice how we can't get these guys to post here with info?):

LOW QUANTITY AVAILABLE OF THE FOLLOWING TITLES:

TOKYO BLACKOUT (Maurice Jarre) - 15 units
    THE HAPPY ENDING (Michel Legrand) - 51 units
    THE CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE / THE HONEY POT (J. Addison) - 30 units
    GRACE QUIGLEY (John Addison) - 65 units
    YELLOWBEARD (John Morris) - 42 units
    LADY CAROLINE LAMB (Richard Rodney Bennett) - 38 units
    QUELLE STRANE OCCASIONI (Piero Piccioni) - 35 units
    LA MORTE SCENDE LEGGERA (Lallo Gori) - 39 units
    LA PREDA (Bixio / Frizzi / Tempera) - 45 units
    WHO CAN KILL A CHILD? / HOUSE THAT SCREAMED (Waldo de los Rios) - 55 units
    A TOWN CALLED HELL / SAVAGE PAMPAS (Waldo de los Rios) - 20 units
    HISTORIA DE UNA CHICA SOLA (A. F. Lavagnino) - 32 units
    HOWLING OF THE DEVIL (F. G. Morcillo) - 25 units
    IL PECCATO (Antonio Pérez Olea) - 52 units
    LA PRINCESSE DE MONTPENSIER (Philippe Sarde) - 55 units
    HARRY & SON (Henry Mancini) - 60 units
    EL MAL AJENO (Fernando Velázquez) - 45 units
    IL GIARDINO DELL'EDEN (Stelvio Cipriani) - 12 units
    WAR GODDESS (Riz Ortolani) - 52 units
    MALENKA / DIABOLICI CONVEGNI (Carlo Savina) - 21 units

And remember, if you buy 5 or more units: free shipping cost!!

For more information: www.quartetrecords.com
  18. LLLR's July 31st titles are that "Green Lantern" animated series, mentioned above, and a rejected & used film score that I think a number of us would like to get:

That's the plan along with USED CARS (includes both Patrick Williams score and the unused (mostly) Ernest Gold score) to coincide with the screening event we have planned that night

MV

When offsetting something within parenthesis, you used brackets, but I'll call off the Punctuation Bastard. ;-)
  19. Next up from Kritzerland:

"The Wayward Bus" / "The Enemy Below" (re-issue)
    Composer: Leigh Harline
  20. Intrada's 26th titles appear to be:

"Love At First Bite" (Charles Bernstein)

"Masters of the Universe" (1CD; Bill Conti; this title is still possibly not final)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    Love At First Bite?
    Really?
    That would be great!

The original release is quite poor and filled, as those early eighties releases tended to be, withbpop songs at the cost of Bernstein's work which really had some wonderful cues!

By the way, Justin, it may not bet many reactions, but I always rather enjoy your "Breaking!" scoop posts.
  21. http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2012/ … interview/

WF: A bit off-topic-ish, but fans are clamoring to for more scores from Batman: The Animated Series – among other DC animated programs – to be released. Any words of advice on what we can do to let Warner Bros. know there is a huge market for this? Is there any bit of your work you’d particularly like to see released on CD/download?

LR: I can tell you that the clamoring has been heard. La-La Land records will be releasing several of the titles that the fans have been asking for. It is a very exciting time for us in that regard. Stay tuned!

Hope you're all ready for more Batman. Oh, lookie -- ComicCon is coming up. I wonder...