• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I have heard people rave about it on messageboards, so I am keen to hear some OST clips when they become available.

I would not place it in the top half of Goldsmith's 1990s output, but it's the score for a film aimed at teenage boys so will inevitably attract raves. I thought it was decent enough but can't be too excited by it (and rarely listen to it) - perhaps the new album will change my mind.
  1. Funny, but I have the impression from comments that it was a "must have". I look forward to hearing the clips.

Maybe I can save my pennies for the upcoming 3-CD Conan The Barbarian OST release (from previously unheard master tapes apparently).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Remember, the Conan is a MAF line -- unlimited. So you can have both! smile
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Remember, the Conan is a MAF line -- unlimited. So you can have both! smile

punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I have heard people rave about it on messageboards, so I am keen to hear some OST clips when they become available.

I would not place it in the top half of Goldsmith's 1990s output, but it's the score for a film aimed at teenage boys so will inevitably attract raves. I thought it was decent enough but can't be too excited by it (and rarely listen to it) - perhaps the new album will change my mind.

Same here. I rarely listen to The Shadow so it would be silly for me to want an expanded edition, I'm not saying it's not good, far from it, it's an enjoyable score but like I said, I hardly ever listen to it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Funny, but I have the impression from comments that it was a "must have". I look forward to hearing the clips.

Maybe I can save my pennies for the upcoming 3-CD Conan The Barbarian OST release (from previously unheard master tapes apparently).

Will I buy this for the umpteenth time? Is David Cameron a ruddy chopped podgy faced useless wankstain prick on a stick?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Funny, but I have the impression from comments that it was a "must have". I look forward to hearing the clips.

Will I buy this for the umpteenth time? Is David Cameron a ruddy chopped podgy faced useless wankstain prick on a stick?

biggrin

There are a limited number of titles that I will buy multiple times - and Conan The Barbarian is one of them. The recent re-recording is about as excellent as it can get, but to have the equivalent of this in an OST form would - I think - put this title to bed even for me.
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Funny, but I have the impression from comments that it was a "must have".

As James says, it was a score for a film aimed at teenage boys. Most of those seem to be assumed into score heaven. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. It has been some time since I was a teenager. As I said, I haven't heard the score. And I haven't seen the film either. I will just have to approach the new release as a virgin Jerry Goldsmith title.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It has been some time since I was a teenager. As I said, I haven't heard the score. And I haven't seen the film either. I will just have to approach the new release as a virgin Jerry Goldsmith title.

I vaguely remember enjoying the film and taking notice of all the score bits that weren't on the soundtrack, which obviously I bought long before seeing the film on VHS ( back then I bought EVERY Goldsmith score blindfolded )....I'm showing my age.....cripes knows what I'd think of it now?
  7. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Yes, but 99% of the Parliament is smeggin' wankstains, so he's par for course.

Unlike over here in American where the Congress is about 70% dickwads. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. Low quantity LLLR alerts:

BATMAN 1989 (2-CD SET) Less than 100 units remain
    THE X-FILES (4-CD BOX SET) Less than 60 units remain
    BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM Less than 300 units remain
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Quantity alert:

Fewer than 100,000 copies remain of The Reasonable Horticulturalist. I am proud that Movie Wave Records is the only soundtrack speciality label that knows the difference between "less" and "fewer" and offer my word that this title will NEVER BE RE-PRESSED. Once these copies sell, they are sold - forever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2220

I am delighted to say that we have reached a deal with the film's distributor to make a re-pressing of this album! The new pressing will be distinguishable from the old one, so as not to devalue the previous release - it will ship in a pale cardboard box rather than the darker cardboard used before.

Don't miss out - this release is strictly limited to 75 million copies and will NEVER BE RE-PRESSED.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Turns out it's missing the major, though un-used, end climax music, and a breif 15 second stinger somebody made after editing.

And the inserts state: "Music Froim teh Originnal Moshion Picture Soundtrk"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012
    Southall wrote
    This title is now SOLD OUT.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012
    Southall wrote
    http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2220

I am delighted to say that we have reached a deal with the film's distributor to make a re-pressing of this album! The new pressing will be distinguishable from the old one, so as not to devalue the previous release - it will ship in a pale cardboard box rather than the darker cardboard used before.

Don't miss out - this release is strictly limited to 75 million copies and will NEVER BE RE-PRESSED.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! punk
  10. Posted today at Intrada:

Doug:

As some of you may have noticed, starting with Elmer Bernstein's RAMPAGE, we've released several Warner Bros. projects over the last year or so. In fact, another Warner/Intrada project hits this coming Tuesday, July 24. And for you folks who always want sneak peeks, amongst our Warner projects currently in production are titles mentioned in this very thread. We'll all miss the FSM trailblazing that was done with Warner and Rhino but Warner is still here and Rhino is still here and we're still here and even Lukas is still here... so be patient, follow Intrada and find yourselves rewarded in good time.
    --Doug

Thread: LINK

Okay, I'll save you the time. You see the bolded part, which I did? Here is a list of titles from that thread which have not been released yet:

"Fandango"
    Complete "Harry Potter" scores (mentioned as a catch-all)
    "Robinhood: Prince of Theives"
    "Lethal Weapon" films
    "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure"
    "The Outlaw Josey Wales"
    "The Miracle" (Bernstein)

So more than one title from that above list, is in the works from Intrada.

My educated guesses: The two Feilding's and "Fandango" -- based on their relationship with Silvestri.
    Robinhood seems more like LLLR territory.
    The "Lethal Weapon" scores could be that mystery 5CD box coming from LLLR.
    I think somebody, possibly MV, said there was some problems getting the Potter scores out.

Possibly "The Miracle" could be Intrada.
  11. Okay, I was right. Somebody just brought up the old FSM thread. MV said this in January, 2011:

To make things easier on some of you here is a brief list of titles that we are not able to License at this time:

Contact
    Superman Returns
    Batman Begins
    All Harry Potter's
    The Last Samurai
    North By Northwest
    Practical Magic
    The Witches Of Eastwick

So, cross that off the potential Intrada list, and now we're even closer.
  12. Mystery solved:

"A Piece of Film Music History"

That's something I wrote a few months back while I was finishing up our 4 disc set for BTAS Vol 2. While sifting through Shirley's personal collection of music we came across something marked "Danny's Batman Theme". At first I thought it was going to be a demo for the BTAS theme, then I listened to it. Clocking in at 2 minutes and change was a piano demo for the theme from Danny Elfman's 1989 score...filled with some mistakes and not quite complete. I just about wet my pants. The score that got me to fall in love with film music -- here in my hands -- is the initial demo cut for the producer's to listen to.. .to say Yeah or Nay on the composer and his now iconic theme. It's the score that launched Elfman's career into the stratosphere and help establish that comic book sound for years to come.

I know some of you out there, you Grumpy Gus', will poo-poo all over this discovery and my proclaimation, but I don't care. This IS a part of film music history and I am very happy to share it with those who will appreciate it as much as I did. For those of you who picked up the BTAS Vol 2 set -- it's an easter egg on disc 1 at the end.

Enjoy!

MV
  13. Posted today at FSM in regards to the '80's "Thundercats" scoring:

Since we are working on the new incarnation of T-Cats it's only logical that we are looking into the original. Keep your fingers crossed.

MV
  14. Kritzerland's next CD has been guessed:

hainshisway: (AKA: Bruce Kimmel, Kritzerland)
    "Dear Brigitte" + "Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation" !

Well, I'd dance a jig, I'll tell you that, especially if Hobbs were improved and some of the source music tracks, which were all clumped together one after another, were moved to the bonus section so that the dramatic scoring was not interrupted so much. Dear Brigitte is a total delight and everything you'd want from a Duning score - great main theme, fun music, and gorgeous tender scoring. Hobbs has been out of print for YEARS and I love the film and score - it's two great Jimmy Stewart Fox classics from Fox on one great CD.

So, Duning + Mancini.
  15. "Black Rain", by MV's new avatar, will be in the next batch (after the 31st batch of "Used Cars" and "Green Lantern"), late August (Iforget the day). The other titles (if more than that) have not been announced yet.
  16. 2 CDs of one of the best early Hans Zimmer score. Hope the quality will be good. Hoping to get it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  17. I have the Black Rain boot and I listened to it once but never again.
  18. I have a 2CD boot. Listened to a few tracks, stored it away for trade. Will be throwing it away soon since it serves no purpose now. Actually, nobody has ever asked for it, since then it's been a fucking space waster for years now.
  19. The bootleg sports an awful sound quality though. There is very valuable material and some less valuable ambient there.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  20. The sound is not good. But it doesn't mask the music and I don't really care for this one.