• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    Forthcoming from La La Land Records:

"Taking Woodstock" (Danny Elfman)
    and
    Douglas Pipes' "Trick 'r Treat".

cool, another Douglas Pipes score smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. In a June Twitter by David Williams:

Finished remastering the scores to "SUPERNOVA" and "PHANTOMS" as they will be released commercially soon.....

My guess is Perserverence Records, but maybe the new Varese monthly titles...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Interesting Elfman does the Ang Lee movie!

Why not?
    He's done one before.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Yeah, I wondered if he didn't go with Mychael Danna or Desplat again smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009
    Judging by the recent outcome of Elfman, i am very glad about these new assignments!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Judging by the recent outcome of Elfman, i am very glad about these new assignments!

We need more Danna for lamb's steak!
    Kazoo
  4. Posted at FSM by haineshisway -- owner/runner of Kritzerland Records:

BTW, and I see no reason to be coy about this - I have, thanks to the comments here, looked into Taras Bulba, which, given our new release, I'm thinking about retitling Bulba, Bulba

I can only say that it's coming, and I found the original three-track session tapes for the album master, which have never been used since copies were made off of it for the LP master back in 1962. That's all I'll say for now, but for anyone who has the older CD release with the oh so tinny and thin sound, you will want to, as the wags say, hold onto your hats.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. From a post at SoundtrackCollector:

Varese Sarabande records is working on reissuing the soundtrack to the 1967 film "The Family
    Way." The music was composed by Paul McCatney, under the direction of George Martin. The
    soundtrack has never been officially released on CD, and It will be mastered from the original
    tapes. This soundtrack was Paul McCartney's first project outside of The Beatles. Will his fans
    be eager to buy this release?

I'm going to assume this is "leaked" information, not meant to be posted, and that this is in fact a title in their next Club batch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    From a post at SoundtrackCollector:

Varese Sarabande records is working on reissuing the soundtrack to the 1967 film "The Family
    Way." The music was composed by Paul McCatney, under the direction of George Martin. The
    soundtrack has never been officially released on CD, and It will be mastered from the original
    tapes. This soundtrack was Paul McCartney's first project outside of The Beatles. Will his fans

I'm going to assume this is "leaked" information, not meant to be posted, and that this is in fact a title in their next Club batch.

Leaked information, not meant to be posted yet what did you turn around and just do?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    Well, he's gotta do something to make this news the slightest bit interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote

Interesting. I wonder if it sounds anything like his pop music or if it veers more towards that less-than-stellar oratorio thing he did in the 90's.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Interesting. I wonder if it sounds anything like his pop music or if it veers more towards that less-than-stellar oratorio thing he did in the 90's.

I think it's more like the pop. His "classical" music had me in stitches, really.
  6. Leaked is leaked; it doesn't matter if re-posted.
  7. Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I think it's more like the pop. His "classical" music had me in stitches, really.

Didn't Herrmann work as a consultant of McCartney on this one actually?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I had never heard that. Can it really be true?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote

Never heard of that either?!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Me neither!??

I honestly can't see why Herrmann would be a "consultant" when you have McCartney's friend and 'Fifth Beatle' George Martin, a fine and talented arranger and orchestrater on hand for duties.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Regarding George Martin. Is he also the George Martin who helped Zimmer with Backdraft? (Engineering I think?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Regarding George Martin. Is he also the George Martin who helped Zimmer with Backdraft? (Engineering I think?)

Yes, I believe so.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I was wondering smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009
    Here's a great track from George Martin with more than a touch of the kind of orchestral arranging he did for The Beatles.

THEME ONE
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. Posted by LLLR at FSM's board today, in regards to John Morris:

A planned Morris/Brooks box set is in the works, but there might be some elements issues that need to be dealt with first before it comes out.

MV
  11. Varese Sarabande has in their news section that the next Club CD batch is due September 28th.

Okay everybody -- have your wallets and left mouse finger ready.
    • CommentAuthorredgrange
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Me neither!??

I honestly can't see why Herrmann would be a "consultant" when you have McCartney's friend and 'Fifth Beatle' George Martin, a fine and talented arranger and orchestrater on hand for duties.

From Steven Smith's excellent Herrmann biography, A Heart at Fire's Center:
    That year Hermann worked on one more film project of sorts. Although he was not asked to score The Family Way, a gentle English comedy starring Hayley Mills and Hywell Bennet, Herrmann did give scoring advice to its first-time film composer, Beatle Paul McCartney, as a favor to producers John and Roy Boulting. In exchange for the consideration, Herrmann was given a Chagall.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for the info redgrange, I presume when you say a Chagall you mean the artist!?

Oh, and welcome wave
  12. justin boggan wrote
    Varese Sarabande has in their news section that the next Club CD batch is due September 28th.

and If I'm not mistaken, in that batch we will find the 1.000th release of them?
    And that should be a whopper

so, be ready
    or not
  13. I think someone said the recent new Elias score is the 1,000th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    justin boggan wrote
    Varese Sarabande has in their news section that the next Club CD batch is due September 28th.

And my guess is we'll be able to pre-order the CDs, with shipping somewhere in December. This is probably just to beat FSM to the punch.
  14. justin boggan wrote
    I think someone said the recent new Elias score is the 1,000th.

I doubt it, they said it would be mega huge
    but then again, they always over emphasize about any of their scores, so you could be right cheesy
  15. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I think someone said the recent new Elias score is the 1,000th.

I doubt it, they said it would be mega huge
    but then again, they always over emphasize about any of their scores, so you could be right cheesy

Remember one upcoming news item about an impending CD Club batch that said, "We're gonna fly now!". Guess what -- it was't a Rocky set.