• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    fommes wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Varese Sarabande has in their news section that the next Club CD batch is due September 28th.

Okay everybody -- have your wallets and left mouse finger ready.

And my guess is we'll be able to pre-order the CDs, with shipping somewhere in December. This is probably just to beat FSM to the punch.

I doubt it. This is their usual release time, isn't it?

The FSM box is going to be a huge frustration to me if it is what people are predicting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    Ah ok.

The FSM box is going to be a Miklos box. Ed already gave away the tracklisting for disc one.
    I'm afraid I'm not the target audience for that one though. Lucky for my wallet it isn't a Tiomkin box!
  1. Posted by LLLR today at FSM:

Our next two releases come Oct 27. Since we are setting up a day and date signing with Dark Delicacies for these two titles (and they need to let their customers know what the titles will be and who will be there) I will spill the beans on those releases:

CHILDS PLAY (LIMITED EDITION OF 1200 UNITS)
    NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Posted today at FSM, by Mark Banning, in regards to Ken Thorne:

We are already working on two other releases of his work and I think you'll be very pleased when they appear.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    More Ken Thorne can only be a good thing. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Posted by LLLR juat a short bit ago:

Here is a proposed upcoming release schedule for La La Land:

OCT 27 - 2 releases

NOV 17 - 3 releases

DEC 5 - 3 (may be 4) releases

JAN 5 - 3 releases

JAN 19 - 3 releases

FEB 2 - 3 releases

FEB 16 - 3 releases

Of course, this could all change.

MV

Who knows what some of that may bring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Posted by LLLR juat a short bit ago:

Here is a proposed upcoming release schedule for La La Land:

OCT 27 - 2 releases

NOV 17 - 3 releases

DEC 5 - 3 (may be 4) releases

JAN 5 - 3 releases

JAN 19 - 3 releases

FEB 2 - 3 releases

FEB 16 - 3 releases

Of course, this could all change.

MV

Who knows what some of that may bring.

shocked

Wow....so there's actually going to be, like, RELEASES and stuff!?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    Shocking! shocked wink

I'm sure there'll be something for most people....or some people......or a tiny minority of people.....

Unless it's something crazy like Barry's The Black Hole.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At least we know there will be something. Here I was worrying there would be nothing! What am I like!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...errrr...carbon based!??
  4. Over at Intrada, Doug says:

... Anyway, I'm especially excited that our friends at Universal are making some really exciting projects possible. To mimic Bogart, what's coming in the months ahead are the stuff dreams are made. Okay. My dreams, anyway. ...

Between Disney and Universal, this year is going to be very interesting over at Intrada.
  5. January, from La La Land Records:

John Frizzell - Legion
    http://www.amazon.com/Legion-OSC/dp/B002W24DK2/

Joseph LoDuca - Leverage (TNT series)
    http://www.amazon.com/Leverage/dp/B002W24CPI/

John Murphy - Armored
    http://www.amazon.com/Armored-OST/dp/B002W24CP8/

Thanks to the "Whoops -- we announced too early", Amazon.com.
  6. I hope Legion shows us the choral big bombastic'ness I'm hoping for, but I would be glad it it becomes another The Reaping
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    Thanks for the links Justin.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    Thanks to the "Whoops -- we announced too early", Amazon.com.

biggrin

Thanks, Justin. That made me smile.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. LOL. biggrin

One of these days the "Whoops -- we announced too early" site is going to spill the beans on an important title. I can feel it.
  9. I was surprised that Intrada were taken by surprise when their Jerry Fielding title Gray Lady Down appeared early at Amazon to spoil their "surprise".

Anyone who visits Amazon's (download) site can see that titles are listed days, weeks and even months before their actual release date. Maybe Intrada assumed that their own release date would be adopted by Amazon?

Come to think of it, are their any other music genres that keep back titles for specific announcements for release?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. An update, on the 16th, by LLLR on FSM's board, on Rachel Portman's "The Storyteller":

Ms Portman was kind enough to supply us with the complete scores to both Storyteller and Greek Myths. We plan on releasing it sometime late Spring/early summer. Will keep you posted.

MV

Also, as I pointed out in the Mark Snow thread, Snow said in the long audio interview that LLLR is releasing a CD with scores from "Harsh Realm" and "The Lone Gunmen". Both TV series were by Chris Carter, who did (along with Snow scoring) "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". In fact, TLG was a spin-off from X-Files (but it sucked).

There are also, though I can't say a source, other Snow scores coming next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009
    Really? I thought The Lone Gunmen was quite ok. Nothing too fancy of course, but being an IT geek myself, I could find myself a bit in the show. I *really* can't remember the music, though.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  11. Posted by Roger at the Intrada forum today:

MONSTER SQUAD took 7 years. There's one coming out next year that took 8 years.

To give you some perspective, he said -- as I recall "Capricorn One" took about three or so years, and just said "Back to the Future" took three years as well, so ... what ever this "8 years" thing is, it's going to be BIG.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Perhaps it's Back to the Future. (I'm just thinking four-dimensionally.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    8 years, wow. I know I bitch and moan about every little thing, but it's amazing how much effort these guys go to in order to bring us these releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Indeed. I'm curious what they do exactly on the stuff that takes such an awful long time to finish.
    But correct me on this, BTTF is a Universal property, right? Wasn't this so called "Universal Wall" fell only in 2009 though? Wasn't it 2009 the year that Universal opened its vaults to the labels? Then how come BTTF has been in works for three years already?
  12. justin boggan wrote
    Posted by Roger at the Intrada forum today:

MONSTER SQUAD took 7 years. There's one coming out next year that took 8 years.

To give you some perspective, he said -- as I recall "Capricorn One" took about three or so years, and just said "Back to the Future" took three years as well, so ... what ever this "8 years" thing is, it's going to be BIG.

wow, Christmas is gonna rock this year punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  13. Upcoming releases listed at Amazon.com are THE TOOTH FAIRY by George S. Clinton (1/19) and LEAP YEAR by Randy Edelman (1/12).

All hail Amazon.com and their inability to keep future releases secret! tongue
  14. Sylvos wrote
    Indeed. I'm curious what they do exactly on the stuff that takes such an awful long time to finish.
    But correct me on this, BTTF is a Universal property, right? Wasn't this so called "Universal Wall" fell only in 2009 though? Wasn't it 2009 the year that Universal opened its vaults to the labels? Then how come BTTF has been in works for three years already?

Perhaps that consisted of three years of trying to get the wall to fall down?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  15. IF it wasn't enough with FSM's boxset, Intrada's two great scores, LLLR's "Innerspace", the Kritzerland Bernstein two-few, the next batch of Intrada's days away ... we now have the Varese Sarabande CD Club striking us again:

A holiday trio of Yuletide merriment will appear under the Varèse Sarabande Christmas tree on December 7. Get up early for something to celebrate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Mine doesn't even have tears left.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    My wallet is crying...

Mine has no tears left either. It's long dead. Here, i cry for it instead cry
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.