• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I've heard nothing of either The List of Adrian Messenger or Sebastian.

I'll be interested to hear the clips if it is one of these.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've heard nothing of either The List of Adrian Messenger or Sebastian.

Here's the THEME to The List of Adrian Messenger, Alan.

The film features a fox hunt and has a score that rivals the fox hunt piece in The Final Conflict.

I'll be seriously gobsmacked if it's this one? I seriously doubt it! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've heard nothing of either The List of Adrian Messenger or Sebastian.

Guess the score...

http://www.movie-wave.net/mystery.mp3
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It won't play? slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    The film features a fox hunt and has a score that rivals the fox hunt piece in The Final Conflict.

I find that difficult to believe!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bugger. Oh well. Don't know why!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I find that difficult to believe!!

Not the whole score, just the fox hunt sequence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  3. Timmer wrote
    Here's the THEME to The List of Adrian Messenger, Alan.

Not what I was expecting at all. But, it's something that sounds interesting and I look forward to hearing more...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It won't play? slant

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9uuqvx

biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    Islands In The Stream came out of left field for me, still, it's a great release and I'll have it thank you very much! cool
  4. Maggie Redford, producer for Patrick Doyle, has said that Moviescore Media is about to published the unreleased score from Regis Wargnier's 2005 movie Man to Man.

From the Doyle thread.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Also posted in the FSM thread:

Posted at FSM today:

To prevent people from spending money for nothing: we will have a 2CD Poltergeist out later this year. Mike Matessino is going back to the source elements to improve upon the Rhino edition and also add a second disc of alternates and the LP program.

Lukas
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Also posted in the FSM thread:

Posted at FSM today:

To prevent people from spending money for nothing: we will have a 2CD Poltergeist out later this year. Mike Matessino is going back to the source elements to improve upon the Rhino edition and also add a second disc of alternates and the LP program.

Lukas

Good to hear for those that don't have it but I'm happy with my Rhino release.
  6. Thanks to MArk Isham, who's confirmed Varese the long-rumored "Spartacus" coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efqxowccU9U

Info from the video info field:
    Mark Isham's Houston Street in the studio recording a cover of Alex North's "Spartacus" for Varese Sarabande's anniversary release of the score. Live in Los Angeles January 18th, 2010. Tommy Brechtlein on drums, Jeff Babko on keys, Doug Lunn on bass.

And in case the video get taken down, here are Isham's words:

"... so Varese is releasing the score ... re-releasing it, and they're doing a special CD where they've asked several artists to come in and do the theme, so there will be a CD of like ten different people doing the same piece of music; it's going all the way from us to Alexandre Desplat..."

Well, now we know what one of the next Varese Sarabande CD Club CDs will be. ;-)
  7. FANTASTIC.

Isham could do a great version of it too.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010 edited
    blah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahh blah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahh alexandre desplat blah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahhblah blahh
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Well, the video is gone -- Isham's has Twittered he got himself in a little trouble.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    No, Isham, Demetris. They said Isham.

Honestly, try to pay attention!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    I quoted the post before Michael's although i know you know this wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    I quoted the post before Michael's although i know you know this wink

Spartacus is, in my opinion, the #1 film score of all time. Please try to be a little more respectful... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    I have no conscious memory of North's Spartacus score, but I'll get this just because it's a score for a Kubrick film.
  9. Insanely beautiful love theme.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's no El Cid though. I'm not sure it will have the mass appeal of some of the golden age greats. But for me, it's THE golden age great.
  10. Southall wrote
    I'm not sure it will have the mass appeal of some of the golden age greats...

Good!

That means that there'll not be the huge rush for this title when it is announced and we don't have to wait by the keyboard. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, I wouldn't necessarily say THAT! But North is a very acquired taste so those who do order it might not fall in love the way they did with El Cid.
  11. Southall wrote
    Well, I wouldn't necessarily say THAT! But North is a very acquired taste so those who do order it might not fall in love the way they did with El Cid.

BTW, another acquired taste is Jerry Fielding's The Mechanic! I like the film (I watched this years ago when I was a big Charles Bronson fan) but I may have to seek the film out again now in order to really enjoy the music - which is very much atmospheric.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

BTW, another acquired taste is Jerry Fielding's The Mechanic! I like the film (I watched this years ago when I was a big Charles Bronson fan) but I may have to seek the film out again now in order to really enjoy the music - which is very much atmospheric.

It certainly is!
  12. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

It certainly is!

BTW, punk

Thanks, James for your time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    A better release of North's Spartacus really would be a treat. Would be a sure purchase for me, I am quite fond of North as some of you might recall. Really nice brass work in that score. And the love theme of course - lovely as often is the case with North.
    - What matters is the music -