• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Clues for the next Quartet releases:

A couple of new releases will be announced next Monday. Two expanded editions from the 1990's. Different composers, Same Studio.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. LLLR's is looking into Beltrami's replacement score to the recent film "The Seventh Son":

February 8, 2015:

Just to calm your nerves we have been looking into it for the past few weeks. I have the score and its pretty damn awesome.

Fingers crossed

Best
    MV

I doubt the rejected score will be included ("Dying from the Light" didn't either).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Who did Beltrami replace on that?
  4. Tuomas Kantelinen and A.R. Rahman.

(http://rejectedfilmscores.150m.com/list.html)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Who did Beltrami replace on that?

John Williams.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

John Williams.

https://imgflip.com/i/i4bgq
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. Scribe wrote
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

John Williams.

https://imgflip.com/i/i4bgq

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015
    applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. It's not a CD release, but it is score related, so I decided to bring it up: the new Twilight Time DVD of "The Bounty" has an isolated score track (Vangelis). The original score has not been legally released on CD yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    It's not a CD release, but it is score related, so I decided to bring it up: the new Twilight Time DVD of "The Bounty" has an isolated score track (Vangelis). The original score has not been legally released on CD yet.

Except for two tracks on the THEMES album.

Didn't care for the BSX re-interpretation at all.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. In contrast to the great BLADE RUNNER re-recording the BOUNTY one was so badly rewied that I never bothered.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015 edited
    I never got the BLADE RUNNER re-recording. I've heard some good things about it, but I am of the firm opinion that it is impossible to capture Vangelis' sound unless you actually ARE Vangelis. So I have very little interest in any "approximation", however good it is. Then I would much rather have a free re-intepretation (re-mixes etc.) that just use his material as the point-of-departure.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. I honestly believe that in a double blind test I would have a hard time to tell. It's that good imho.
  9. I'm all for blindfolding Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015
    justin boggan wrote
    I'm all for blindfolding Thor.

You must leave your sexual fantasies by the door, Justin.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. biggrin applause bounce
  11. It's like 50 Shades, only you're blindfolded and can't see a single one. It may or may not involve Martijn.
  12. Where's D and his oil when you need him?
  13. Stop it! My ribs ... air ... heavens! biggrin
  14. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until March 9 to get this from Intrada:

Judith (Sol Kaplan)

Usually it is two titles going out of print at once, so I'll edit it if I find the other.
  15. Trying not to get too excited about the potential Intrada release(s) next week. Though Justin isn't too sure, people over at FSM are speculating that the release could be Duel and The Car.

I've been intrigued by the score for The Car for a while and would be particularly pleased if this was to be released next week. Hell, a release in 2015 would still be excellent. (And would make any "Best Archival Release" choice really difficult already - if Se7en is for release this year too.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  16. The clue doesn't quite connect the films, though it could be just improperly chosen words. But nothing thus far has indicated, aisde from that, that it can't be those two scores.

"Duel" has been one of my holy grail wants pretty much since I got into film & TV scores. I've been waiting a long time for this.

I hope I'm wrong and it's a Rosenman/Goldenberg combo (though it's not often Intrada titles are guessed to quickly from clues). I also hope this inspires more Rosenman. There are some good unreleased scores from him still languishing out there.

EDIT:
    I guess it is those two titles. In the clues thread over at Intrada, Roger chimed in after the titles were mentioned:
    Interestingly I must not have been the only one to notice the synergy between these films. They were recently shown as a double bill in LA a few weeks back.

I have no idea what he means by "synergy" between the two films. I thought maybe the word had more definitions than I knew, but a trip to dictionary.reference.com, still leaves me confused.
  17. justin boggan wrote
    I hope I'm wrong and it's a Rosenman/Goldenberg combo (though it's not often Intrada titles are guessed to quickly from clues). I also hope this inspire more Rosenman. There are some good unreleased scores from him still languishing out there.

yeah
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  18. A second volume of score from "Outlander" (McCreary) is in the works. The first one only contained score from the first eight episodes.

now, can we get back to more pressing matters involving blindfolding Thor? tongue
  19. A nice game of hit-the-pot? smile
  20. I catched some snips of Patrick Doyles Enchanted Universe. It sounds brilliant. Any intelligence concerning a release of this score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015
    justin boggan wrote
    A second volume of score from "Outlander" (McCreary) is in the works. The first one only contained score from the first eight episodes.

now, can we get back to more pressing matters involving blindfolding Thor? tongue

Normally I would prefer new albums from different shows, but the first album which I listened to just a few days ago was absolutely stunning. Some of the most competent and inspired Celtic-inspired music written for screen in many years.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  21. It IS immensely beautiful, but coming from Bear, I was kind of expecting it, so I actually didn't think it to be a big deal. biggrin
  22. LLLR may be doing a re-issue of "The Egyptian". We'll find out in a few days with the announcement of titles for March.
  23. justin boggan wrote
    LLLR may be doing a re-issue of "The Egyptian". We'll find out in a few days with the announcement of titles for March.

Another one?