• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. As long as there is demand, why not?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I remember the heady days when 'limited editions' meant that when a run was sold out, that was it for a good number of years.

I wonder what subtle differences this new release will offer? With it being Herrmann, maybe they'll offer some new sessions outtakes with some pithy Herrmann comments or some new artwork?

(I am hoping that it will offer something significantly new.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Update today from LLLR:

1941 LOW QUANTITY ALERT

If you want it, buy it now

Down to 100 units

LOW QUANTITY UPDATE

FOREVER YOUNG - 50 UNITS REMAIN
    JANE EYRE - 50 UNITS REMAIN
    TRADING PLACES - 30 UNITS REMAIN
    FAT MAN AND LITTLE BOY - 30 UNITS REMAIN
    USED CARS - 5 UNITS REMAIN
    1941 -- 100 UNITS REMAIN
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2015
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    It IS immensely beautiful, but coming from Bear, I was kind of expecting it, so I actually didn't think it to be a big deal. biggrin

I normally associate Bear's music more with propulsive action tracks and taiko drums more than beautiful melodies (outside of his themes for BSG which were a long time ago at this point) so I was surprised.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Trying not to get too excited about the potential Intrada release(s) next week. Though Justin isn't too sure, people over at FSM are speculating that the release could be Duel and The Car.

:kilt:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Another personal holy grail bites the dust. Just fifteen years ago we couldn't have imagined the riches and spoils that were awaiting us.

Just the other day I was looking at my DVD rip of the score with some FX in bad sound and wished I could throw the son of a bitch away, but it was my only source of the score. Fuck that fucking CD-R, it's going!
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Another personal holy grail bites the dust. Just fifteen years ago we couldn't have imagined the riches and spoils that were awaiting us.

I'm not so familiar with Duel, but the clips for The Car are fantastic! Trademark "Rosenman-isms" centred around the familiar Dies Irae, what's not to like?
  7. justin boggan wrote
    Just the other day I was looking at my DVD rip of the score with some FX in bad sound and wished I could throw the son of a bitch away, but it was my only source of the score. Fuck that fucking CD-R, it's going!

I'd ripped the main titles from The Car off some poor YouTube clips a while back. Those can go to hell too!
  8. Scribe wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    It IS immensely beautiful, but coming from Bear, I was kind of expecting it, so I actually didn't think it to be a big deal. biggrin

I normally associate Bear's music more with propulsive action tracks and taiko drums more than beautiful melodies (outside of his themes for BSG which were a long time ago at this point) so I was surprised.

It was those exact themes - Adama & Roslin / Adama Family - from BSG that I had in mind when I thought about how Outlander would possibly turn out to be, and the action stuff in the coming seasons will probably reflect the propulsive drum work, combined with bagpipes, like in the early action tracks from BSG, too. As a matter of fact, I was expecting a romantic version of BSG. And that's what we got. biggrin
  9. A new label and their first release:

A SOUND OF THUNDER
    Original Soundtrack by Nick Glennie-Smith

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/soofthorsoby.html

SRP: $17.95

LISTEN TO A SOUND CLIP FROM the score for A SOUND OF THUNDER
    http://buysound.webjedi.net/Sound_of_Th … _title.mp3

A SOUND OF THUNDER is a limited edition release of 1,000 units. The first 100 Copies will be signed by composer Nick Glennie-Smith.

Starts Shipping the week of March 16, 2015.

Dragon’s Domain Records presents the world premiere soundtrack release for A SOUND OF THUNDER, available through buysoundtrax.com. A SOUND OF THUNDER features music composed and conducted by Nick Glennie-Smith (THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK, WE WERE SOLDIERS, ELLA ENCHANTED) for the 2005 science fiction film directed by Peter Hyams (CAPRICORN ONE, OUTLAND, 2010), starring Edward Burns, Catherine McCormack, Sir Ben Kingsley, Jemima Rooper and David Oyelowo.

Written by Ray Bradbury and first published in 1952, A SOUND OF THUNDER was one of the first genre stories that examined the cause-and-effect of time travel on the traveler’s present day: how altering the past can have a major effect upon the future. The story takes place in the future, when technology has made time travel possible. This technology has been commercialized by one man, who uses time travel as a way of earning vast amounts of personal fortune by charging big game hunters massive fees to go back in time and face the ultimate game: the Tyrannosaurus Rex. When one of those hunters disobeys that rule and steps off the path, accidentally killing a butterfly in the process, the team returns home to discover the butterfly’s death has had a devastating effect on the world they’ve returned to. At a little over 4300 words, Bradbury’s story had focused on a single time safari and its irreversible effect upon the present day of 2055. The film script expands the story greatly, adding many more characters to the safari team and fleshing out the questionable Time Safari Inc. business model.

The score for A SOUND OF THUNDER is the work of Nick Glennie-Smith, a British-born composer who is one of the earliest composers to emerge from Hans Zimmer’s training ground, Media Ventures/Remote Control Productions. Recorded and mixed in London, the score opens with a powerful, surging rhythmic atmosphere which soon develops into a growing cluster of active figures in the orchestra, building to a dominating sense of perilous adventure. The score is heavily thematic and grounded in the main theme, which recurs frequently to accentuate moments of heroism or to emphasize the wonder of what Time Safari has been able to accomplish. Tenuous string writing presents a growing unease and supports moments of suspense, often emerging into aggressive, pulsating fortissimo as the tense atmosphere explodes into roaring action. The action music in A SOUND OF THUNDER is articulate and propulsive, driving the action forward through simple rhythms and deftly orchestrated sonic textures.

Musically educated at New College, Oxford and with a background in the late ‘70s London music scene, Glennie-Smith was working as a recording engineer when he met Hans Zimmer, then a synth programmer assigned to the same record albums. Both began to write commercial jingles for music production company Air Edel, where they met Stanley Myers, a prolific composer of British film and television since the 1960s; through Myers, both began to supply cues for film scores. By the early 2000s, both Zimmer and Glennie-Smith had relocated to the US and were working amongst the team at Media Ventures Entertainment, the state-of-the-art music and audio post production facility that Zimmer had co-founded in 1989. When Media Ventures was succeeded by Remote Control Productions in the mid-2000s, Glennie-Smith continued to travel to Los Angeles from his home in rural Virginia to work on dozens of hit film scores functioning as composer, musician and conductor for film scores developed by RCP.

Nick’s first screen credit came as co-composer, with Hans Zimmer, for Michael Bay’s THE ROCK. This was followed by a number of independent and TV movies with the fledged composer working solo on such films as HOME ALONE 3, THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK, THE LION KING II: SIMBA’S PRIDE, and MAX Q. He wrote the theme and music for the UK/Canadian TV series, THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE, provided a broad orchestral score for the TV miniseries ATTILA, Randall Wallace’s poignant Vietnam war drama WE WERE SOLDIERS and ELLA ENCHANTED. Recent credits as composer include SECRETARIAT, A BELFAST STORY and HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.

A SOUND OF THUNDER was originally set to be released in 2003. Production began on the film in 2002 but was slowed when severe floods in the Czech Republic caused considerable damage to the sets. To make matters worse, the film’s original production company went bankrupt during the postproduction process, which prolonged the release of the film until 2005. The score has never been released in any format and fans of the composer have long been waiting in anticipation for its release. Dragon’s Domain Records is excited to have A SOUND OF THUNDER as its inaugural release. A SOUND OF THUNDER includes liner notes written by author Randall Larson, with the participation of the composer. The music has been mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland.

A SOUND OF THUNDER is a limited edition release of 1000 units. A SOUND OF THUNDER will begin shipping on the week of 03/16/2015 and can be ordered at www.buysoundtrax.com . The first 100 copies ordered trough the buysoundtrax.com website will be autographed by the composer at no extra charge.

01 Main Title 2:39
    02 Time Safari Inc. 0:36
    03 Security 0:36
    04 Ancestor 3:58
    05 Rules / Time Jump 2:41
    06 Major Problem 3:12
    07 Lights Out 1:10
    08 Morning News /Eruption 1:51
    09 Time Wave 0:33
    10 Jumping Alone / Another Time Wave 2:28
    11 Access Denied 5:19
    12 Cab Ride 3:16
    13 Seeking Eckels 1:53
    14 Payne / Spota's Market /Apt. 7A 6:28
    15 Middleton / Butterfly 3:09
    16 Tami's Hard Drive 5:43
    17 University / Butterfly Saved 4:56
    18 Look at This / End Titles A 2:55
    19 End Titles B /End Roller Suite 8:28

Total Time: 62:37
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2015 edited
    This excites me to an unreasonable extent. Having heard the promo, I can say its not even in the top half of Media Ventures style scores, but we so rarely get to hear those old-school stylings anymore that I can't wait for a bit of fresh nostalgia (I know it sounds like an oxymoron but it's not, I'm just bad at describing feelings) wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  10. Due March 23 from Quartet (as per their Facebook page):

"Man On a Swing" / "The President's Analyst" (Lalo Schifrin)

"The Night Visitor" / "Second Thoughts" (Henry Mancini)

Here's the opening credits to the second Schifrin title:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbOoHN2RGUA

EDIT:
    Multiple releases for March:
    http://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto … e=5594F37D

UPDATE:

Over at FSM, Lukas has chimed in:
    This is a terrific album! Man on the Swing is from the 1/2" stereo masters. President's Analyst is from the mono music stem (only available source) but it really sounds terrific. So proud to be associated with this one!

Lukas
  11. Not coming soon.

Post March 5 at the FSM forum:
    Ray Faiola:

KEY LARGO survives nearly complete. THE BIG SLEEP is completely missing in action. What a pity! But Gerhardt's suite is terrific.
  12. Sales from Intrada's latest batch have been very good; posted yesterday at their forum:

Well... the truck wins the race this time, albeit not by much!

The first pressing run of Duel will be sold out within a day or so. (A second pressing run is on its way.) However, The Car has also been something of a hit and its first pressing run is almost sold out as well. Goldenberg ahead by a nose, Rosenman on his tail.

So the race goes on... smile
    --Doug
  13. Both these are in a close race across the Atlantic at the moment....
  14. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until March 23 to get "Then Came Bronson" from Intrada, otherwise it's there goes Bronson.
  15. Little update from LLLR's after an FSM user asks a question:

La La Land Records:
    And question for MV, any idea when Elfman's Black Beauty is back in stock?

May or June most likely. It costs a small fortune to repress sad

MV
  16. Coming at an unspecified date from La La Land Recrds, all the score from the "Lost in Space" TV series:

Thanks to Jeff Bond and the talented guys at La-La Land records. They're going to be issuing a 10 disc set of ALL LIS music.
  17. Clues given by Caldera Records for their March release:

Dear film music friends,

We have our eight soundtrack release in the pressing plant for late March.

Are you in for a guessing game?

We think everyone who loves old fashioned symphonic film scores will love this one so you may be interested in trying your luck:

- It is an Oscar winning composer
    - The film in question was released within the last five years - the music however was already sketched and planned years in advance
    - One of the important people responsible for the movie died before it was released
    - The movie is based on a well known book (well know in Europe that is)
    - The leading actor became famous with starring in a successful TV-show

If you want to follow the cues and more to come, you can also like our Facebook page and see what our followers guess there: https://www.facebook.com/CalderaRecords

Good luck!
  18. Two updates:

The Caldera title is:
    Wouldn't BELLE DU SEIGNEUR be wonderful?

It is such a wonderful score with such a catchy waltz as a main theme and many heartbreaking, rich cues that make it one of Yared's most worthwhile scores from the past years. It is an endlessly charming, yet depressingly sad, richly symphonic score that will make your hearts ache.

The bad news: You still have to wait until the end of the month when it will be announced!

And new from Kritzerland:
    Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack release – a classic score from the Golden Age:

BENEATH THE 12-MILE REEF

Music Composed and Conducted by Bernard Herrmann

“You see it without glasses!” screamed the one-sheet poster for Beneath the 12-Mile Reef, right under the huge and new Cinemascope logo. Beneath the 12-Mile Reef was the third Cinemascope feature, following The Robe and How to Marry a Millionaire. Fox assembled a cast of young up-and-comers like Robert Wagner, Terry Moore, Richard Boone and Peter Graves, along with seasoned pros like Gilbert Roland and J. Carroll Naish. But the big draw where was Cinemascope, stereo sound, and spectacular photography, both under and above the ocean (Edward Cronjager would win the Oscar for his photography), not to mention a brilliant score by Bernard Herrmann, sounding not quite like anything anyone had ever heard.

Herrmann’s score, in thrilling stereophonic sound, immediately drew audiences into its unusual musical soundscape, weaving an evocative spell with its incredible orchestral colors. The film may be standard issue drama, but it was those underwater sequences that held audiences in thrall. That and the completely unique Herrmann score.

To evoke the underwater world of Beneath the 12-Mile Reef, Herrmann employed nine harps, each with its own separate part. The score perfectly captures the mysterious underwater world – sinuous, hypnotic, flowing – a spellbinding tone poem that even today mesmerizes with its intense beauty. Since this was his first score to be recorded in multi-track stereo, Herrmann went so far as to include diagrams for instrument and microphone placement on his manuscript for the score. Needless to say, the resulting score remains one of Herrmann’s greatest.

Beneath the 12-Mile Reef was available as an early Film Score Monthly CD. Several years ago it reappeared in the expensive Varese Sarabande Bernard Herrmann at Fox box, where the score had undergone an extensive restoration and remix by Mike Matessino. That box sold out very quickly and many fans missed out, so it’s a pleasure to rerelease this amazing score by one of the greatest of all film composers in superb stereo sound.

Beneath the 12-Mile Reef is limited to 1000 copies only and is priced at $19.98, plus shipping. CDs will ship by the first week of May. However, never fear – on average we usually ship two to four weeks ahead of the official ship date. To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com
  19. Great news thanks to an FSM user:

Is a new Edward Scissorhands release coming up? D2 mastering lists the release under their 2014 soundtrack releases on the client section of their page. They've been reliable in the past...

http://d2mastering.com/

Chris

D2 spilled the beans early on such titles as "Predator 2", "The Abyss" and then other titles in advance that came out from labels like Varese and La La Land.

Also, get your Master-at-Arms ready and grab on to your Greyskull and prepare to feel the power of Eternia:

2015 WONDERCON WORLD PREMIERE!

La-La Land is bringing THE POWER to WonderCon in Anaheim, CA! We proudly present the debut of our 2-CD SET of the HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE SOUNDTRACK! We will have this exciting release for sale at our WonderCon booth (#1724) at the big show (April 3-5). It will be released on our website April 7th. Retail Price is $24.98.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE is the most deluxe presentation of original score from the beloved animated television series to date, featuring OVER 90 MINUTES OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MUSIC. Produced by Neil S. Bulk and John Takis, and mastered by Stephen Marsh and Fernando Lee, this 2-CD release features the remastered stereo foreign LP presentation, along with over 90 minutes of previously unreleased music meticulously restored from original mono tape elements. The exciting art design by Dan Goldwasser includes a 20 Page CD Booklet packed with art and exclusive in-depth liners by John Takis. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

So grab your piece of Eternia at our WonderCon booth before it is officially released on April 7th. We’ll also have some great deals at the con and look forward to meeting and greeting y’all!

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecord … 9429023755

And for a laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_zQrbYamBg
  20. Being announced in a few days.

Coming at an unspecified date from Kritzerland:

"White Witch Doctor" (Herrmann)

Everything except what Varese holds in perpetuity. This is what Varese released on the Herrmann box set:

17. Prelude (01:57)
    18. The Necklace (01:53)
    19. The Question (01:40)
    20. Petticoat Dance (00:57)
    21. The Village (03:07)
    22. The Hut (01:35)
    23. The Operation (01:13)
    24. The Leopard (02:10)
    25. Goodnight / The Safari (01:06)
    26. Elegy (02:10)
    27. The Birth (00:51)
    28. Little Mama (00:44)
    29. Defiance / Bakuba Boy (01:24)
    30. Nocturne (04:05)
    31. The Abduction (01:55)
    32. The Shinbeck (00:52)
    33. Bakuba Country (01:33)
    34. The Skulls (01:00)
    35. Morning (00:57)
    36. The King (00:35)
    37. The Past (01:40)
    38. Departure (01:13)
    39. The Camp (00:30)
    40. Jacques (00:33)
    41. The Three Doctors (00:33)
    42. The Camp #2 (01:14)
    43. Thirty Seconds (00:31)
    44. The Fight (02:53)
    45. Terror / Recovery / The Finale (01:33)
  21. Low quantity update:

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack release – a classic score from the Golden Age:

BENEATH THE 12-MILE REEF

Music Composed and Conducted by Bernard Herrmann

Updated in the last twenty-four hours:
    Down to about 150 - maybe next week it will be gone.
  22. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I just saw this blurb in the announcement for "the Egyptian" from La La Land Records (they usually have information on previous releases, special announcement, and low quantity alerts in announcements):

“TREMORS” 25th ANNIVERSARY SCREENING EVENT! Our good friends at Creature Features are throwing a great TREMORS screening event on 3/26 at the Arclight Hollywood. Lots of fantastic special guests and surprises! Get tix here: https://creaturefeatures.ticketbud.com/ … daff23eb42
  23. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until April 6 to get these from Intrada:
    The Young Savages (David Amram)

Solar Crisis (Maurice Jarre)
  24. The second release from Dragon's Domain Records is:

"The Bellstone Fox"
    Composer: Laurie Johnson

For order now, but doesn't ship until April 6. Appears to be the same contents as the LP.
  25. A quick note from one of the people involved in the He-Man set from LLLR's:

Wedge:

Though LLL's search spanned a few years and a few continents, any stereo master tapes remain MIA. The stereo album program on the new CD is a fresh LP transfer by Johnny Dee Davis at Precision AudioSonics, mastered with great care by Stephen Marsh and Fernando Lee. The resulting sound is better than I've ever heard it, and there is a HUGE gain in dynamic range compared to previous CDs (which have been extremely compressed and then radically amplified in volume).
  26. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until April 21 to pick up from Intrada:

"The Miracle" (Bernstein)
  27. Big sale at Kronos Records:

http://kronosrecords.com/images/EASTER2015.jpg
  28. Releases for April from Beat Records:

L’OCCHIO SELVAGGIO (THE WILD EYE) was directed by Paolo Cavara, a sharp critic of a certain way of making mondo movies. Shot in 1967 with Philippe Leroy (in the guise of Paolo, the protagonist), Delia Boccardo and Gabriele Tinti, Cavara takes the viewer on a trip around the world, from the deserts of Africa to the jungles of the Vietnam War. Scoring duties were entrusted to Maestro Gianni Marchetti, one of the composers whom Beat Records is trying to rediscover in an effort to fill an unrighteous gap in his discography (other productions in our catalog include Il sole nella pelle, Notti porno nel mondo n. 2, Cicciolina amore mio, Diario segreto di una minorenne, Vita segreta di una diciottenne and Milano: il clan dei calabresi).

Probably his masterpiece, L’OCCHIO SELVAGGIO is in constant equilibrium between dreamy and suspenseful orchestral music, nocturnal jazz and the West Coast “cool” sonorities that were very much in fashion on the other side of the ocean just a few years prior.

With nine previously-unreleased tracks, we close the production circle with this edition that puts the definitive seal on this wonderful score. The CD is packaged in a jewel case with a 12-page color booklet designed by Alessio Iannuzzi, liner notes (in Italian and English) by Fabio Babini and audio mastering by Claudio Fuiano.

The original album
    1. Deserto 3:35
    2. Incontro con Barbara 1:45
    3. Il bacio 1:26
    4. Auparvilla 2:32
    5. Bali street 1:12
    6. Non puoi partire 1:45
    7. Il sultano 2:13
    8. Farfalle 2:57
    9. La fine dell’oriente 1:56
    10. Ritorno d’amore 1:29
    11. Notti di Saigon 3:07
    12. La lettera 2:21
    13. La vita continua 1:56
    14. Frasi inutili 2:16
    15. Il bonzo 1:38
    16. I templi d’oro 1:38
    17. l’ultimo appuntamento 3:01
    18. Ti amo 1:28
    Film versions
    19. L’occhio selvaggio - seq. 1 3:39
    20. Bali street (alt. take) 0:35
    21. L’occhio selvaggio - seq. 2 0:49
    22. Bali street (alt. take 2) 1:12
    23. L’occhio selvaggio - seq. 3 2:07
    24. L’occhio selvaggio - seq. 4 1:40
    25. L’occhio selvaggio - seq. 5 2:30
    26. L’occhio selvaggio - seq. 6 1:33

Total Time 53:28

Listen/buy: http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_de … -WILD-EYE/

UNA STORIA D’AMORE (LOVE ME, BABY, LOVE ME!) was directed by Michele Lupo in 1969 and starred Anna Moffo, Gianni Macchia and Ugo Adinolfi. Evy (Moffo), happily married to a traveling businessman, literally loses her mind over a young playboy, Franz (Macchia), up to the point that she will try to commit suicide.

UNA STORIA D’AMORE was glaringly absent in the discography of the late maestro, a great composer and a friend of Beat Records, but the void is now filled by this release which features more than 62 minutes of orchestral music composed by the skilled Roman musician, with great themes, descriptive music and a melody sung by actress Anna Moffo.
    The score also features the Cantori Moderni di Alessandro Alessandroni and the great performer Oscar Valdambrini, notable collaborators of Maestro de Masi and further proof of the quality of this popular composer’s work.

The CD is packaged in a jewel case with a 12-page booklet designed by Alessio Iannuzzi, liner notes (in Italian and English) by Filippo de Masi (the Maestro’s son) and audio mastering by Claudio Fuiano.

Mono mixes
    1. Una storia d’amore - seq. 1 3:31
    2. Una storia d’amore - seq. 2 2:51
    3. Una storia d’amore - seq. 3 1:31
    4. Una storia d’amore - seq. 4 2:12
    5. Una storia d’amore - seq. 5 1:43
    6. Una storia d’amore - seq. 6 3:46
    7. Una storia d’amore - seq. 7 1:03
    8. Una storia d’amore - seq. 8 1:33
    9. Una storia d’amore - seq. 9 1:39
    10. Una storia d’amore - seq. 10 2:35
    Stereo mixes
    11. Una storia d’amore - seq. 11 3:31
    12. Una storia d’amore - seq. 12 1:55
    13. Una storia d’amore - seq. 13 4:50
    14. Una storia d’amore - seq. 14 2:51
    15. Una storia d’amore - seq. 15 2:16
    16. Una storia d’amore - seq. 16 2:22
    17. Una storia d’amore - seq. 17 1:55
    18. Una storia d’amore - seq. 18 2:01
    19. Una storia d’amore - seq. 19 1:25
    20. Una storia d’amore - seq. 20 3:04
    21. Una storia d’amore - seq. 21 1:55
    22. Una storia d’amore - seq. 22 3:21
    23. Una storia d’amore - seq. 23 1:48
    24. Una storia d’amore - seq. 24 1:56
    25. Una storia d’amore - seq. 25 3:42

Total Time 62:21

Listen/buy: http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_de … -LOVE-ME!/

GEOMETRA PRINETTI SELVAGGIAMENTE OSVALDO is a surprise new entry in the DDJ series dedicated to upbeat and/or lounge sonorities in our discographic catalog. The Italian cinematic reply to Robinson Crusoe, the film was directed in 1976 by Ferdinando Baldi and tells the story of poor Osvaldo facing the noble savage theme with his personal Friday.

A light, entertaining comedy complete with self-styled ribald innuendos, the score bears the mark of the luckiest ace trio of the Italian musical cinemascape: Bixio, Frizzi, Tempera.
    The music is complementary to the themes—the desire to escape, romantic ingenuities, harassment by the French scoundrel, the redemption of the quantity surveyor—and is as itchy and funky as we like it, featuring a sentimental theme, Latin exoticisms, fiery deserts and melancholia. What else could you need?

The CD is released in a jewel case with a 12-page booklet designed by Alessio Iannuzzi, liner notes (in Italian and English) by Fabio Babini and audio mastering by Claudio Fuiano.

1. Savana’s theme 2:55
    2. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (ballando il limbo) 1:56
    3. Savana’s theme (Geometra Prinetti innamorato) 1:33
    4. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (ballo a due) 2:07
    5. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (attimi nostalgici) 2:16
    6. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (piano bar N° 1) 1:55
    7. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (ricordando lei) 1:39
    8. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (sambando) 2:40
    9. Savana’s theme (isola selvaggia) 4:09
    10. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (spogliarello) 2:35
    11. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (piano bar N° 2) 1:52
    12. Savana’s theme (tra spiaggia e mare) 2:58
    13. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (un buffo geometra) 1:54
    14. Savana’s theme (frammenti di stelle) 1:36
    15. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (libera e selvaggia) 1:18
    16. Geometra Prinetti selvaggiamente Osvaldo (dolce malinconia) 2:15
    17. Saudade 3:50

Total Time 40:08

Listen/buy: http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_de … E-OSVALDO/

BEAT Records releases are available at www.beatrecords.it and most other soundtrack specialty outlets, including Screen Archives Entertainment, where samples are usually posted shortly after the release date: http://www.screenarchives.com/display_r … AT-RECORDS

Visit BEAT Records on facebook to get the latest news about upcoming releases, behind-the-scenes info, rare composer photos from BEAT's archives and more: www.facebook.com/BeatRecordsCompany