• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    A new release from Caldera. This is a pre-order page on the Music Box Records website:

http://www.musicbox-records.com/fr/cd-b … works.html

Nice! But I would have preferred the "bonus" interview with the composer in the booklet and another 20 minutes of his music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2016
    Whenever I see a picture of Korzeniowski he always seems to have just stepped out of 1955 for a second.
    (Not a slight. I rather like it!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    A new release from Caldera. This is a pre-order page on the Music Box Records website:

http://www.musicbox-records.com/fr/cd-b … works.html

This looks like a fantastic release! Only disappointment is that it doesn't include anything from METROPOLIS, which is my no. 1 request from Korzeniowski.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Perhaps it's being released separately in the future?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Perhaps it's being released separately in the future?

One can hope....
    I am extremely serious.
  3. There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Max Steiner's score to the film "Fighter Squadron" is coming from BYU sometime this year.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. New titles from Digitmovies:

We are pleased to release the complete edition CD of the OST by Carlo Savina for the movie “The Unnaturals”. (original title CONTRONATURA) 44:39 minutes

Carlo Savina (August 2, 1919, Turin- June 23, 2002, Rome) is an epic name in worldwide film music. He is a prolific composer as well as a conductor for many of his celebrated colleagues such as Rota, Rozsa , Sarde, and Lavagnino.

For "The Unnaturals" he wrote and directed a dramatic OST for large orchestra and saxophone interventions, in which a Requiem religious theme emerges. From the tapes of the recording session we used every note recorded in mono of the dramatic score, and we were also able to retrieve all the danceable 1920s melodies recorded in full stereo (we have to mention that in 1969 an easy listening album in stereo was planned, and then apparently deleted). Our CD lasting 44:39 minutes, recovers and preserves an excellent OST by Maestro Savina, from one of the best films by Antonio Margheriti (one of the director’s favorites).

"We are pleased to release the complete edition OST by Piero Umiliani for the film “The Traffic Policeman” (original title “Il Vigile”). 53:48 minutes

Piero Umiliani (born 17 July 1926 in Florence, died 14 February 2001 in Rome) was one of the most famous names in film music. He was famous throughout the world for “Mah-nà-mah-nà,” based on the 1968 documentary “Sweden: Heaven and Hell.” The score was then reused in the TV show “The Muppet Show.”

At that time, RCA had issued an extended-play in mono (Italian RCA - EPA 30-382) with four selections. For our CD we were able to access the original recording session in mono which allowed us to create a CD containing the complete OST as well as material from the extremely rare LP.

Maestro Umiliani composed a very pleasing OST which, in its various musical nuances, perfectly embodies the comic vein of the great Alberto Sordi through a bubbly series of funny themes, marches, and dance music alternating between jazz and blues. In this film Sordi is in one of his most iconic roles.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Intrada will release a set of scores from the first two seasons of the 1980's "The Twilight Zone" series. Composers mentioned to be on the set:

William Goldstein
    Elliot Kaplan
    Arthur Kempel
    Dennis McCarthy
    Basil Poledouris
    JAC Redford
    Craig Safan
    Fred Steiner
    Ken Wannberg
    Christopher Young

Here's a full listing of composers and episodes for the series that I put together years ago:
    http://tvscoring.150m.com/TwilightZone.html
  7. D2 MAstering, the site that has spoiled us in advance of now multiple expanded editions without naming labels names, has now spoiled us on two more:

"Volcano" (Silvestri)
    "Cocoon: The Return" (Horner)
  8. The Varese Sarabande CD Club to strike again:

We'll be celebrating the leap year and the extra day we get on Monday, February 29 by announcing a new batch of CD Club titles! Four new titles coming! See you then!

We already know of "Volcano". Maybe finally "Revenge of the Ninja" has cleared what ever hurdles have kept it and that too will be in hte batch.
  9. I saw Volcano again recently and to me there wasn't anything worthwhile missing from the original CD.

Still the original album was way too short.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    I saw Volcano again recently and to me there wasn't anything worthwhile missing from the original CD.

These two statements seem mutually incompatible. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2016
  11. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I saw Volcano again recently and to me there wasn't anything worthwhile missing from the original CD.

These two statements seem mutually incompatible. tongue

Your remark is not completely untrue, so let it be known that my statement may very well be false.
  12. "Promise at Dawn" (complete, un-used, and demos)
    George Delerue

From an FSM poster:
    The French Play Time label will release on April 8th for the first time ever the complete Delerue score for PROMISE AT DAWN (1970) with a duration of 55 minutes. The CD will apparently also include a few alternate tracks and demo versions as director Jules Dassin had at first rejected part of Delerue's score so that the composer was forced to revise some tracks.
    More infos here:
    http://www.fglmusic.com/produit.php?id=1681
  13. In a thread at FSM about titles people would like to see be re-issued from LLLR, MV spoke up with an update and two sold out titles that will at some point come back:

AI is gonna be sold out soon

Die Hard and Posiedon will come out again at some point.
  14. New titles from Kronos:

KRONOS RECORDS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE FIRST 3 GOLD TITLES FOR 2016

THE FALCON (1981) music by ALFI KABILJO.

L'ULTIMA VIOLENZA (1957) music by MARIO NASCIMBENE.

LE MOTORIZZATE (1963) music by CARLO SAVINA.

SCHEDULED FOR A LATE MARCH RELEASE
    PRE-ORDER NOW FROM WWW.KRONOSRECORDS.COM

ALL 3 TITLES ARE LIMITED TO ONLY 300 COPIES!
  15. New from Musix Box:

THE ORIGINAL MUSIC SCORES FROM LUCKY LUKE
    DAISY TOWN • THE BALLAD OF THE DALTONS • LUCKY LUKE (TV – SEASON 2)
    Original Motion Picture & Television Soundtracks
    Music Composed and Conducted by Claude Bolling

3-CD Box Set. New remastered and expanded edition.
    More than 165 minutes of music including 90 minutes of previously unreleased music.
    12-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Gilles Loison.
    Limited Collector's Edition.

Ref: MBR-086
    Release Date: March 7, 2016

To celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Lucky Luke comics, Music Box Records, Dargaud and Caïd Music proudly present the expanded and remastered soundtracks from the Lucky Luke animated films composed and conducted by Claude Bolling in a 3-CD box set: Daisy Town (1971), La Ballade des Dalton (The Ballad of the Daltons, 1978) and 1990's French television series (Lucky Luke, season 2).

Lucky Luke is a Belgian comics series created by Belgian cartoonist Morris, and for one period written by René Goscinny. Set in the American Old West, it stars the title character Lucky Luke, the singing cowboy on a white horse known as the "man who shoots faster than his shadow", largely inspired by westerns, American cartoons and Herge´’s Tintin. Morris drew no less than seventy albums of the adventures of Lucky Luke, 300 million books have been sold and the stories of the lone cowboy have been translated into 29 languages. It is one of the most popular and best-selling comic-book series in continental Europe.

Goscinny, the creator of Astérix, directed and co-produced the French-Belgian animated Lucky Luke films. Goscinny and Morris engaged the services of Pierre Tchernia (French cinema and television producer, screenwriter), whom Goscinny had known since 1965 and with whom he shared a great interest in the world of Walt Disney. In 1990, a new series of 26 episodes is produced with the collaboration of Morris.

This present edition showcases Claude Bolling's creative versatility for the two feature-length cartoons and the TV series. The three lively scores offer a wide array of musical styles and genres: western film music, Hollywood musicals, blue grass, tijuana music, jazz music in the Count Basie big band style, some iconic songs such as the famous ‘’I’m a Poor Lonesome Cowboy’’. This special 3-CD release features the expanded scores to Daisy Town and The Ballad of the Daltons, as well as that, never before released, from the 1990 television series, all carefully remastered from the composer’s original master tapes.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1 – DAISY TOWN (1971)
    1. Daisy Town (pré-générique) (0:18)
    2. I'm a Poor Lonesome Cowboy (1:34)
    Performed by Pat Woods & Chorus
    3. La fondation de Daisy Town (1:23)
    4. Lucky Luke Special (1:40)
    5. Daisy Town Theme (3:06)
    6. Animation de la ville (0:55)
    7. Daisy Town Saloon Song (2:04)
    Performed by Nicole Croisille
    8. Voilà le quadrille ! (3:28)
    Performed by Gérard Rinaldi
    9. Bandits (0:40)
    10. La traversée de l'Ouest (4:35)
    11. Dalton Theme (2:27)
    Performed by Jean Stout
    12. Daisy Town March (1:55)
    13. L'arrivée de Lucky Luke (1:50)
    14. Duel (2:48)
    15. Les Dalton dans le désert (1:05)
    16. Lucky Luke Special (version alternative) (0:35)
    17. Danse indienne (2:07)
    18. Stamp Your Feet (2:53)
    Performed by Dan Burke
    19. Far West Choo-Choo (2:32)
    20. City Life (4:25)
    21. La poursuite de Lucky Luke (0:53)
    22. La guerre contre les Indiens (1:04)
    23. Bataille (2:39)
    24. Les exploits de Lucky Luke (2:08)
    25. Lucky Luke s'en va (0:34)
    26. I'm a Poor Lonesome Cowboy (final) (4:58)
    Performed by Pat Woods & Chœurs
    27. Voilà le quadrille ! (3:07)
    Performed by Philippe Clay
    28. I'm a Poor Lonesome Cowboy (maquette) (3:58)
    Performed by Pat Woods & Chorus

Time • 62:49

DISC 2 – THE BALLAD OF THE DALTONS (1978)
    1. Lucky Luke Theme (2:01)
    2. La ballade des Dalton (4:01)
    Performed by Éric Christy
    3. Augustus Betting (2:50)
    4. Rantanplan (2:00)
    5. Funèbre dérisoire (1:50)
    6. Tobias Wills (1:23)
    7. Lucky Luke Saloon (1:46)
    8. Galop Lucky Luke (1:53)
    9. Dalton's March (1:44)
    10. Ming Li Foo (1:31)
    11. Thaddeus Collins (1:29)
    12. Galop Dalton (1:44)
    13. Plume de serpent dans le désert (2:27)
    14. Dalton's Musical (5:17)
    15. Auberge mexicaine (1:25)
    16. Tom O'Connor (1:09)
    17. La mine hantée (1:00)
    18. Scenic Railways (2:04)
    19. Sam Game Saloon (1:52)
    20. Sam Game Choral (2:21)
    21. Le train fou (de Bud Bugman) (3:03)
    22. Le train fou (suite et fin) (1:34)
    23. Mathias Bones (1:38)
    24. Barber Shop Quartet (1:03)
    25. Le rodéo du Juge Groovy (2:22)
    26. Final - I'm a Poor Lonesome Cowboy (instrumental) (2:00)

Time • 54:28

DISC 3 – LUCKY LUKE (TV - SEASON 2) (1990)
    1. Générique Lucky Luke (1:46)
    2. Powell, le chercheur d'or (1:41)
    3. Joueurs emplumés (1:03)
    4. Square Dance (0:43)
    5. Saloon calme (1:07)
    6. Denver et Colorado (0:38)
    7. Lucky Luke Theme (0:21)
    8. Roy Bean (1:37)
    9. L'ours (0:25)
    10. Bad TickeT (0:42)
    11. Jacinto (0:25)
    12. Yankee Doodle (0:47)
    13. Le sheriff (0:32)
    14. Mangeur de viande (0:23)
    15. Jolly Jumper (0:23)
    16. Les Dalton déconfits (0:43)
    17. La fée du logis (0:37)
    18. Joe Dalton fou de rage (0:29)
    19. Sheriff vantard, sheriff peureux (0:56)
    20. Le petit télégraphiste (0:20)
    21. La jeune fille chez le Général (0:37)
    22. Les Dalton déménagent (0:48)
    23. Comique (1:01)
    24. La valse des officiers (1:39)
    25. Drôle d'indien (0:37)
    26. Colonel Mc Straggle (1:09)
    27. Bowler (2:33)
    28. Hermann Flood & Elliot Belt (2:08)
    29. Bluegrass (0:31)
    30. Le Capitaine Barrows (0:35)
    31. Lucky Luke (final) (1:03)
    32. Central Pacific (1:18)
    33. Mariachis (0:49)
    34. Home Sweet Home (1:23)
    35. Don Emilio Espuelas (0:33)
    36. Bandits mexicains (1:23)
    37. Le Pony Express (0:34)
    38. Faux mariachis (1:37)
    Performed by Michel Barouille
    39. Les fiancés (0:34)
    40. Patronimo (1:05)
    41. Le camp miltaire (1:19)
    42. Rose blanche d'Irlande verte (0:58)
    43. Le camp indien (1:02)
    44. Le camp, la nuit (1:03)
    45. La tribu (1:31)
    46. A Lot To Do (2:52)
    47. Coyotito (1:02)
    48. Générique Lucky Luke (version alternative) (1:45)

Time • 51:04

Total Set Running Time • 168:21

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/3338-lucky-luke.html
  16. Supersale, man:

March 4th - SPECIAL SALE: We are offering for three days only 50% off the Film Score Monthly box set title Superman: The Music (1978-1988). There is no code to enter. Price at check out is $59.95, plus shipping. Hurry sale ends Monday, March 7th at 12pm (noon) Eastern time. Orders must be placed during this three day sale to qualify.

http://screenarchives.com/title_detail. … D-EDITION/
  17. That box is so amazingly put together and its contents so delicious I recommend this to everybody. Jump on this before it's too late.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2016
    Yeah. Done. Finally.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  18. You won't regret it.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  19. And update on "The Ten Commandments", from Intrada, posted by Roger on the FSM board today:

in this case the CDs are all done and sitting at Intrada. Doug is just waiting for his astrologer to tell him it's safe to put on the website. Unfortunately he only meets with his astrologer every 6 months.
  20. Updates today from La La Land Records:

"First Knight" will be back in stock at an unspecified date in the summer.

New titles this month:
    Poster art

Hints at things in the works:
    Two Jerry's for sure...possibly this year. Don't know yet if they will make it out in 2016.

Some fantastic Williams planned, though...and a smattering of some other fantastic composers ranging from Mancina to Mancini!

MV

An a confirmed future title:
    I am stating this right now -- Towering IS happening, but do not expect it for 2016.

MV
  21. Posted by MV just a little bit ago:

INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 CD SET - FINAL 50 UNITS

We are down to just 50 units (of the 5000 run) on ID4. Grab it while you still can!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/IndependenceDay.html
  22. For those who like to se the insider talk about why a title has or has not been released, MV commented today at the FSM forum about why "Blue Thunder" (Bubinstein) hasn't been officially released on CD:

Soundtrack controlled by UMG, film controlled by Sony. Not the easiest or cheapest thing to releases.

Hopefully some day

MV
  23. I have this on CD. confused

Unless he was referring to an expansion / remaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    For those who like to se the insider talk about why a title has or has not been released, MV commented today at the FSM forum about why "Blue Thunder" (Bubinstein) hasn't been officially released on CD:

He, he...you said 'boob'!
    I am extremely serious.
  24. DreamTheater wrote
    I have this on CD. confused

Unless he was referring to an expansion / remaster.

I think its a bootleg, one of those Thaxton releases no?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh