• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    I sense a bluff. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. I must say, La-La Land is becoming quite the label punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Seeing that ID4 is a Sony-owned film... a complete Hook, perhaps? lick

Can I pre-order it now? punk

If they release this, and someone does the same treatment with Star Trek III, I can lay my bones to rest knowing all I ever wanted has been released. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010 edited
    Star Trek III is definitely one of my last few remaining holy grails.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Same here, it's one of those scores where the unreleased cues are just as riveting and memorable as the released ones. The self-destruct countdown sequence is still, right after 'Stealing the Enterprise' brilliant to listen to in and out of the film. The same with the Genesis destruction music, which is truly fantastic Horner and one of those chilling moments that make me like the film like I do.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Same here, it's one of those scores where the unreleased cues are just as riveting and memorable as the released ones. The self-destruct countdown sequence is still, right after 'Stealing the Enterprise' brilliant to listen to in and out of the film. The same with the Genesis destruction music, which is truly fantastic Horner and one of those chilling moments that make me like the film like I do.

Speaking of Star Trek 3... FSM told right after their realise of Star Trek 2, that they are already working on Horners second Star Trek approach... any idea, when it should be realised?
  4. Notice another CD snuck in at the end as "Coming Soon":

Hello dear film score collectors,

Welcome to number 14 of our email newsletter. Should you receive multiple mailings or no longer wish to receive it, please reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. You will be taken off immediately.

?

The Runestone now available for ordering

After a two-year-long genesis, we are very happy to announce that David Newman's seminal score to Willard Carroll's The Runestone is now available for preorder from our Yahoo store.

The album features all the cues for the movie in chronological film order and comes with a 20-page booklet (our biggest so far) that chronicles the film and score's creation, as written by horror film authority Daniel Schweiger.

The CD was produced by the composer, the director and myself.

There are no sound samples on the Web site yet, but they will follow soon.

To order, click here: <http://store.fortytwotradingco.com/soundtracks.html>.

This title is limited to 1,200 pressings and costs $18.95. The first 50 customers will get their cover signed by David Newman. (Limit 2 autographs per order, please.)

?

World Music on Spindlefish Records

We are happy to announce that we struck a deal with recording artist Roy Scoutz to distribute his World music albums through Perseverance Records. His debut album from 1994, titled "World Cafe" is a musical voyage through the various periods and regions of the World. If you like film scores, you will love this album. More CDs by this artist will follow in the future.

To order, click here: <http://store.fortytwotradingco.com/otheralbums.html>

This album goes for $13.95 and is available immediately.

Coming Soon on Perseverance Records:

Unforgettable - Original Score by Christopher Young (no street date yet)

That's all the news to listen to.

All the best,

Robin Esterhammer
    President/CEO
    Perseverance Records
    <http://www.PerseveranceRecords.com>
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. this label doesn't know when to stop punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Posted by LLLR today:

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up on our releases coming out this Tuesday:

Speechless has been delayed until later in the month.

Instead, we will be releasing Alan Silvestri's score to DUTCH

Retail Price: $19.98
    Limited Edition of 1200 units
    Produced by MV Gerhard
    Mastered by James Nelson
    Liner Notes by Al Kaplan

See you then!

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010
    Dutch?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Dutch?

A hilarious road trip film starring Ed O'Neill and Ethan Embry. It was written by John Hughes. I don't remember much of the score but I do have a 5 minute suite from a Silvestri promo that's pretty much Silvestri doing gentle angelic like Elfman music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Okay. I'll check the sound clips when appropriate.
  7. Thre's a suite on YouTube. I had never heard it before. The suite makes it sound very appealing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Thre's a suite on YouTube. I had never heard it before. The suite makes it sound very appealing.

Indeed it does. DUTCH
  8. Timmer wrote
    Dutch?

So not a sequel to Predator? A complete Predator 2? rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. Whadaya know? I was thinking the same thing earlier... shocked

How come the word dutch immediately makes me think of Arnold, instead of the more logical northern neighbours from my country. I blame the movies.
  10. According to Lukas on FSM's Facebook, Outland" will be one of their next Goldsmith's. This is on top of the 2CD "Poltergeist" he said is also coming, a couple or so weeks back.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    Outland is seriously underrated in my book.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote

And mine! It's a classic! beer
  11. Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote

And mine! It's a classic! beer

It is indeed!

Do I remember correctly that the previous release of Outland (GNP Crescendo, twinned with Capricorn One) was a re-recording?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't know?
  12. "Capricorn One" was supposed to be the re-recording on the GNP, with "Outland" being original tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    "Capricorn One" was supposed to be the re-recording on the GNP, with "Outland" being original tracks.

Yes, that's right. As I recall, Warner Bros did release Outland by itself on CD, but with the same content as the GNP release. I don't recall anything particularly noteworthy in the film which wasn't on the existing album, but who knows.
  13. Well, I can only count two cues worth it, so an expanded, to a score on the GNP as a whole only sound like middle ground Goldsmith, seems more liek a fan-pleasing, money maker. Not that there is anything wrong with FSM trying to turn a profit. Goodness knows it's their turn.
  14. justin boggan wrote
    "Capricorn One" was supposed to be the re-recording on the GNP, with "Outland" being original tracks.

Cheers for that.

"The Airlock" is the stand-out track for me from Outland (at least, it's the one that I can name from memory - is there another one "Spiders"?)

And isn't there also a "cringeworthy" lounge/pop cue from Goldsmith?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Cheers for that.

"The Airlock" is the stand-out track for me from Outland (at least, it's the one that I can name from memory - is there another one "Spiders"?)

Yes! My favourite track is "Hot Water". Excellent action scoring!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hot Water kicks serious, SERIOUS, arse!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Depends on what kind of tea you're making, I guess?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Cheers for that.

Yeah, a sort of funky electronic thingy used as a source cue in the film. 'spiders' as i remember is quite Stravinsky influenced.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Depends on what kind of tea you're making, I guess?

Scalding!