• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. biggrin

Thanks, I felt it missed something.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    - You have never seen the movie.

I have, of course. Many times. It's a favourite film of mine, and one of the best films of the 90s.

- You have seen the movie but the audio was silent.

tongue

- You have not heard anything else beyond those 30 minutes.

I have, but only in the movie.

You think those other 60 minutes are just bland boring underscore.

Yes and no. In either case, it's not really relevant for me. I don't really care what's not there. I only care about what's there -- i.e. the existing program -- and whether or not that holds up as its own piece. For me, the old STARSHIP TROOPERS album has always been a great listening experience and album. I don't need less and I don't really need more. Perhaps an extra cue or two wouldn't hurt, but it's not really necessary for me. I enjoy music for its quality, not quantity.

You are the King of Weirdtardedland.

Proudly so. :D
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Yes and no. In either case, it's not really relevant for me. I don't really care what's not there. I only care about what's there -- i.e. the existing program -- and whether or not that holds up as its own piece. For me, the old STARSHIP TROOPERS album has always been a great listening experience and album. I don't need less and I don't really need more. Perhaps an extra cue or two wouldn't hurt, but it's not really necessary for me. I enjoy music for its quality, not quantity.

What about the quality - not inconsiderable - of much of the thus-far-unreleased music, though?
  3. Quality means diddly squat when one loves scores by Junkie XL. slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016
    heheh
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. https://i.chzbgr.com/full/8556185344/h0A2BDA2D/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. "The Diary of Anne Frank" (Alfred Newman)

Coming out some time possibly in 2017, according to MV.

He also said today the rights issues to "The Reivers" are complicated:

There are bizarre and complicated rights issues with this one. Hopefully some day it will all be sorted out.

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Announced yesterday from Caldera Records:

Caldera Records is proud to present its newest CD with a deluxe edition of “Modigliani” by Guy Farley.”Modigliani” is probably the best known score by the British composer whose scores “Secret Sharer”, “Maria di Nazaret” and “L’uomo che sognava con le aquile” were already released on Caldera. Indeed, the score for the 2004 movie by Mick Davis starring Andy Garcia has a special place in the heart of its composer and is without doubt his richest work as it combines sensual symphonic compositions, ethnic music and arrangements of songs by Sasha Lazard. The main theme from “Modigliani” is a favourite of many soundtrack fans and probably Farley’s most beloved composition to date. The soundtrack was released ten years ago by Milan Records but the CD sold out quickly and can be found rarely on eBay and only for high prices. Because of that, we not only decided to re-release the score but also to give it a special treatment. The CD features a different presentation of the score than the Milan CD as we were never happy with the sequencing of it. Furthermore, it offers lots of special bonuses and a running time of over 70 minutes. The 14th CD-release of Caldera Records features a detailed booklet-text by Gergely Hubai and elegant artwork by Luis Miguel Rojas. The CD was produced by Stephan Eicke and John Elborg.

Bonus Features

- different sequencing than the Milan CD
    - including several cues never released before
    - an extensive essay by the films director Mick Davis about working with Guy Farley
    - an arrangement for violin and piano as written score
    - a new recording of the key themes for cello and piano, recorded at AIR Studios in London
    - the handwritten score for the main theme included in the booklet
    - an audio commentary by Guy Farley
    - complete new mastering resulting in better audio quality
    - the first 100 copies are signed by Guy Farley, every retailer (who wanted them) has a certain amount available as indicated on their website

Music Composed and Conducted by Guy Farley

Album Produced by Stephan Eicke
    Executive Producers for Caldera Records: John Elborg, Stephan Eicke
    Recorded at AIR Studios London
    Orchestrated by Andrew Pearce

Theme from Modigliani

Arrangement for cello and piano
    Cello: Josephine Knight
    Piano: Huw Watkins

Modigliani

1. Jeanne’s Death (1:40)
    2. The Hat (1:39)
    3. Ancient Law (0:53)
    4. Unfit Mother (1:43)
    5. Opening Titles (1:07)
    6. Confession (1:20)
    7. To Renoir (1:35)
    8. No Eyes (1:05)
    9. 5000 Francs (1:30)
    10. You’re Gonna be Hung (0:48)
    11. The Competition (1:08)
    12. Never Again (1:19)
    13. Opium Den (1:54)
    14. Sleep Modi Sleep (1:50)
    15. Wait for Me (1:33)
    16. My Empty Life (2:06)
    17. Am I Dying (1:28)
    18. To Hospital (1:19)
    19. It’s Wonderful (1:39)
    20. Rich Beyond Belief (3:48)
    21. Opium Trip (3:11)
    22. Call the Police (4:19)
    23. Work in Progress (1:38)
    24. Baptism (0:49)
    25. Picasso’s Party (1:28)
    26. Sanie Cu Zurgalai (2:07)
    27. Chilvatu (1:22)
    28. The Meat Burglary Tango (0:49)
    29. Ode to Innocence (4:51)
    30. Angeli (6:01)

Bonus:
    31. Main Theme for Cello and Piano (4:53)
    32. Audio Commentary by Guy Farley (14:00)

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-s … liani.html

http://www.rosebudbandasonora.com/catal … s_id=22416

For more information visit our homepage:
    http://caldera-records.com/portfolio/modigliani/
  7. Low quantity alert from LLLR today:

A head's up for you folks out there

DAYS OF THUNDER IS APPROACHING THE FINISH LINE

LESS THAN 150 UNITS REMAIN!

Also, going bye-bye

BEAR MCCREARY TITLES (all signed by composer)

DaVinci's Demons Season 2 - 18 units
    DaVinci's Demons Season 3 - 13 units

The Forest - 3 units
    10 Cloverfield Lane - 40 units

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/DDS2.html
    http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/DDS3.html
    http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/Forest.html
    http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/10CloverfieldLane.html

The following are not listed on the website any more. If you want a copy email us at info@lalaland-ent.com

(quantities are very limited -- once they are gone they are GONE)

DaVinci's Demons Season 1 - 14 units
    Black Sail - 1 unit
    Defiance - 6 units
  8. When we last heard from Intrada on Horner's score to "Volunteers", the licensor was completely unresponsive. An update from yesterday:

Ugh...still trying. Licensor just doesn't seem to be interested.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2016
    oh well
    listen to more classical music!
  9. I have never heard one note of Volunteers, yet I keep reading its one of the most requested Horners. I wonder if it will ever happen, and to know what I've been missing out on.
  10. I have to admit I've not heard it either until just now when I looked up a cue on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_L_8KU8KZU (starts at 6:45)
  11. That's pretty good. The licensor should think of us poor fans, and how the days of getting new releases by the man is now over. We should definitely put some pressure on that guy / broad. Who wants to volunteer? wink
  12. An update on the "Cutthroat Island" new release Debney hinted at on hi Facebook page a year or so ago:

It's coming from La La Land Records

Matessino and Bulk are working on it. Bond is doing the notes that will include new interviews with Mr. Debney and Mr. Harlin. Jim Titus is doing the artwork.

It's one of my favorite scores and we got vinyl, digital and cd rights. The previous releases were great (especially the Prometheus) but we thought we can add even more coolness to the project by having the fine folks mentioned above do their own take on the material.

We are aiming for June 21.
  13. Hope they upgrade the sound because the earlier releases sound a bit muffled, the score within the movie sounds much better.

I might just pick this up. cool
  14. Huh, wow! I didn't think there was anything left to do with Cutthroat Island... shocked
  15. This, of course, falls undr the widly used collection: The Thor Unapproved Collection
  16. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Huh, wow! I didn't think there was anything left to do with Cutthroat Island... shocked

Remaster it? wink
  17. I think it sounds fantastic as it is! Rich, full-blooded, massive sound. I don't really know where you're hearing "muffled"...then again, I don't have the most discerning ears for things like this.
  18. I'm more than fine with the Prometheus release and will hence not triple dip . Excellent score of course.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  19. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until June 6 to get these from Intrada before they are discontinued:
  20. Update from LLLR:

GOING OUT OF PRINT ALERT!

The following titles are going out of print on 6/30 (or while supplies last):

CLUE (less than 300 remain – on sale for $10 each)
    THE FLASH ‘90 (less than 200 remain – on sale for $10 each)
    IT’S A MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD (less than 150 remain - $15.98 each)
    THE GOLDEN CHILD (less than 100 remain - $19.98 each)
    DAYS OF THUNDER (less than 100 remain - $19.98 each)
    BATMAN FOREVER (less than 90 remain - $29.98 each)
    YESTERDAY WAS A LIE (on sale for $3 each).

Sale prices on CLUE, THE FLASH ’90 and YESTERDAY WAS A LIE begin at 12noon (PST) on 5/24 and are good thru 6/29, or while supplies last. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Update from LLLR:

GOING OUT OF PRINT ALERT!

The following titles are going out of print on 6/30 (or while supplies last):
    (..)
    BATMAN FOREVER (less than 90 remain - $29.98 each)
    (...)

Oh damn... now I need to make a definitive decision. Have been holding back ever since the release, since I never thought the regular release was lacking anything. On the other hand, I do love Goldenthal, and simply the prospect of more of his music does entice... Thoughts, anyone? Is this release worth it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Also, is there any reason why the newly expanded release of Jerry Goldsmith's Chinatown by Intrada was never mentioned here?

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1 … gory=22848

Did it just slip through the cracks of surveillance? Does everybody already own the initial release? Is it only the love theme that is so famous and brilliant? Is it worth getting if you don't? Was that just now a stupid question? Did I just throw away my final chances of ever being accepted into a Goldsmith fanclub? And why is Poltergeist II not on Screenarchives? Is that latest release sold out? Was it very limited? Is there a possibility to still get it? And would Lionheart ever be released? Why isn't that one talked about more?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    (edit)
    NEVER MIND! FIXED IT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016
    BobdH wrote
    Oh damn... now I need to make a definitive decision. Have been holding back ever since the release, since I never thought the regular release was lacking anything. On the other hand, I do love Goldenthal, and simply the prospect of more of his music does entice... Thoughts, anyone? Is this release worth it?

Not for me. I've sampled it, and the original Atlantic CD covers all the bases. But then again, I'm probably not the right person to ask about this...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016
    Thor wrote
    BobdH wrote

Not for me. I've sampled it, and the original Atlantic CD covers all the bases. But then again, I'm probably not the right person to ask about this...

Coming from you, this does not surprise me one bit. But it is the answer my wallet wants to hear, so thank you for that.
  21. I've never owned it, but I heard the samples and I will probably never own it. Not my kind of Goldsmith, even though I have the theme on one (or more) of my compilations. This was never on my radar.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016
    I'm not interested in the new CHINATOWN release, the old release is perfect.

One of my favourite JG albums, I love every bit of it including the source music, this is quite rightly a classic score to a bloody excellent film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt