• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Releases for the month of June from Quartet Records:
    Facebook image link
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    Releases for the month of June from Quartet Records:
    Facebook image link

THE RED TURTLE! One of my favourite scores of the year, and a marvelous film. Great news.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Oh no, the Thor kiss of death.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016
    In this case, I feel fairly confident it's going to please most soundtrack fans. Lush, orchestral and with some gorgeous choral writing for the dream sequences.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2016
    I really like these relatively new European labels. They pretty much constantly put out material of great quality!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2016
    Agreed. Long live the Europeans!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. A comment today from James Fritzpatrick (Tadlow) on the FSM forum in reply to one user guessing what one of the next Tadlow's will be and mentioning "Shogun" (Jarre):

Sorry none of them...especially as another label will be releasing the complete Shogun soon..ish

Intrada released the incomplete mini series score a few years ago (I don't recall if it sold out or was discontinued).
  4. Cover image for La La Land Record's Comic Con titles (well, just one title, and two LP singles).
  5. They made an animated movie out of The Killing Joke? shocked I've been a negligent geek. I had no idea.
  6. I speculated over at the FSM forum that perhaps the "Wonder Woman" single was perhaps a sign of something bigger to come. I never expected to get this comment from MV:

It is

smile

More cool cd releases to be announced for the Con as soon as we get sign offs. Right now we have 6 additional titles waiting in the wings. We'll know better in early July. Hang tight.

MV

So, fans of the original WW scores better start saving up. I bet this is one of the two box sets of classic TV scores he's said are in the works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2016
    Never had any connection to Wonder Woman, but I thought she was a highlight of the BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN film.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2016 edited
    Thor wrote
    Never had any connection to Wonder Woman, but I thought she was a highlight of the BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN film.

Norwegians live a sheltered life eh?

Linda Carter, the 1970's Katy Perry lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2016
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Norwegians live a sheltered life eh?

Linda Carter, the 1970's Katy Perry lick

He, he...I don't think it was ever shown over here, and it was before I was born anyway. But I can see how she may have triggered horny teenage 70s kids! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  7. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until June 20 to get the following from Intrada:

"Cahill U.S. Marshal" (Elmer Bernstein)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7971/.f

"Uncommon Valor" (Horner)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6709/.f
  8. Fans of his excellent 80s action sound should not miss out on Uncommon Valor. Get it now !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. Another sale from La La Land Records, and an update on quantites for the titles already mentioned that are going out of print:

“DADS AND GRADS SUMMER SALE!”
    Jump into summer with a great soundtrack deal -- Purchase $35 or more at www.lalalandrecords.com and get 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER! That’s right, buy $35 or more and 20% will be deducted from your order at checkout. Sale starts 6/7 and runs through 6/13. ONE WEEK ONLY! This special will NOT be extended.

GOING OUT OF PRINT ALERT!
    The following titles are going out of print on 6/30 (or while supplies last): CLUE (less than 100 remain – on sale for $10 each), THE FLASH ‘90 (less than 100 remain – on sale for $10 each), IT’S A MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD (less than 100 remain - $15.98 each), THE GOLDEN CHILD and DAYS OF THUNDER (less than 50 remain - $19.98 each), BATMAN FOREVER (less than 50 remain - $29.98 each) and YESTERDAY WAS A LIE (on sale for $3 each).
    Sale prices on CLUE, THE FLASH ’90 and YESTERDAY WAS A LIE begin at 12noon (PST) on 5/24 and are good thru 6/29, or while supplies last. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BACK IN STOCK!
    STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, BRAVEHEART, FIRST LOVE, GALAXY QUEST, SMALLVILLE and THE LAST BOY SCOUT are back in stock now at www.lalalandrecords.com
  10. If you were going to order "Starship Troopers", hold on. So far two people are reporting errors in their copies. FSM member drivingmissdaisy, who works for Varese, commented:

We are looking into this ASAP. This will be resolved never fear. The master that was approved does not have this issue. We have just verified that. So it appears to be a manufacturing issue. Hang tight troops
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2016
    Damn, my copy was already shipped. Do not wish to go through the trouble of sending it back to the US (postage!) and wait for my new copy. Do you happen to know what kind of issue it is, and if all copies are affected?
  11. BobdH wrote
    Damn, my copy was already shipped. Do not wish to go through the trouble of sending it back to the US (postage!) and wait for my new copy. Do you happen to know what kind of issue it is, and if all copies are affected?

It seems to be "sound glitches" and/or "sound dropouts" on several of the tracks. I think that people are only just getting their copies but it does seem that everyone who has received their discs have issues.

Varese seems to be very good about the whole thing.

I assume that you will not have to send anything back and that a replacement disc will be sent out at no cost to yourself. I assume the same service will be provided to those who bought it from places other than Varese's own store.

Though, I do see people beginning to moan about how the replacement discs will be sent out and how protected they will be. They don't want the slightest scuffing on any disc that may arise from the packaging the replacement discs will be sent out in.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thanks Alan, if that is indeed the way Varese handles it, that'd be good for me. Does sound logic, since why would they need faulty discs back? I wouldn't necessarily worry about their way of sending them, you'd think a record label knows how to send discs safely...
  12. BobdH wrote
    Thanks Alan, if that is indeed the way Varese handles it, that'd be good for me. Does sound logic, since why would they need faulty discs back? I wouldn't necessarily worry about their way of sending them, you'd think a record label knows how to send discs safely...

I think that they do know how to send replacement discs. It's just that some seem to be paranoid about the 'damage' done to discs when they are placed in, and taken out of, cardboard sleeves.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  13. Well that's a bummer ! Since I ordered at SAE, along with two other releases and it hasn't shipped yet, likely they will wait to insert the replacement disc into my order. So I have to wait even longer for it to arrive. It's a shame these things have to happen.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  14. New from Dragon's Domain (a spin off label of BuySoundtrax):
    http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/asonquorsoby.html
  15. One user (so far) is reporting the same issues on "Joe Verses the Volcano".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Sounds like someone is going to be pissed off at its supplier...
  16. Well SAE confirmed that unshipped orders will be delayed so the replacement disc can get included, which could take another 2 weeks at the very least.

But as I'm getting more patient with age, this is not a problem for me. In fact I prefer this.

But Varèse Sarabande really needs to improve on the quality control.
  17. Coming from La La Land Records at an unspecified date, though they've put up a poster:

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" (Ira Newborn)
    (poster link)
  18. And update on FBDO -- apparently there's more than we know about the music:

We are aiming for Aug release date.

We came across some incredible finds when working on this one -- both score and songs. This is the kind of release that will please score fans, Ferris fans and 80s music fans. Some truly amazing treasures were unearthed.

Plus, we got to work with the immortal Tarquin Gotch on this.

MV
  19. A new release from La La Land Records that is friggin' sweet:
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck7m5HMUgAEZ5m0.jpg
  20. On whether or not there will be a release of the scoring from "The X-Files" new season, MV (LLLR) replied today at the FSM board:

Hold tight, fellas. Tons of stuff going on at Fox TV Music Dept recently. When the dust settles we hope to have this out.

And an update on Volume 3 as well as big things afoot at FOX:

Volume 3 is just about done. It's looking like Sept or Oct. We have such a massive backlog of titles that were supposed to be out Jan to June 2016 that everything is being pushed back and back and back. I have given up on any schedule for the sake of sanity and am currently "going with the flow."

(The flow sucks. I'll take roaring rapids any day)

The mini series is a different animal -- a new release that falls under different guidelines for approvals an such.

Hopefully things will come together this summer so we can start releasing some great new Fox TV shows.

MV