• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Beverly Hills Cop".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Ah! Very cool!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2016 edited
    If it's true, I'm so there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2016
    I'd be happier if it were BHS (British Home Stores).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2016 edited
    I'd be happier if it were BFH ( Bus Fair Home ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2016
    Fair point, but I'd be happier still if it were BHW (Big Hairy Women)
  3. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but...I just found out about this project today...I'm extremely intrigued to hear anything I can of Simon Franglen now that he is apparently the heir apparent to some of Horner's working relationships, and the middle project on this page (the Shanghai tower) sounds like it might not be best represented by a CD...which makes me desperately want to be able to buy it on CD. Anyone hear anything about a possible eventual release? Or promo? Anything?

http://www.simonfranglen.com/future/
  4. Of those three projects, only TM7 has been released. Well, I think it's still up for pre-oder, but sounds clips are now at some sites.

The other two are too new. We just found out like a week ago about him taking over on VoT -- the third composer (that we know of) on the project. Who knows if he'll even be the final.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Hide your wallet, lock up your daughters, and cover Thor's eyes -- the Varese Sarabande CD Club is set to strike September 19.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2016 edited
    Sounds wonderful to me, as long as they're releasing previously unreleased scores.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until September 26 to get the following from Intrada:

7. Looks like "Revenge of the Ninja" deluxe (Walsh) is coming. Earlier last month Walk posted he delivered it to Varese, so that's done. Cover you eyes, Thor!

And apparently "The Money Pit" (Michel Colombier) has been hinted at by an FSM member who works for Varese. That's never been released before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2016
    What is Revenge of the Ninja and who is Walsh?
  8. Batman.
  9. Southall wrote
    What is Revenge of the Ninja and who is Walsh?

...or is it Walk? I'm sure these news are hugely exciting, though.
  10. New from Kronos, announced a few days ago (I missed it):

KRONOS RECORDS - THE GOLD COLLECTION -
    PROUDLY PRESENTS 2 SPECTACULAR TITLES
    For the first time ever on CD and both limited to 300 copies!
    Respectively our 99th and 100th releases:

IL GIOVANE GARIBALDI (KRONGOLD024) by CARLO RUSTICHELLI

and

SALOMÉ (KRONGOLD025) by EGISTO MACCHI (2CD)

PRE-ORDER NOW FROM WWW.KRONOSRECORDS.COM
  11. Ferris Bueller is doing extremely well for LLLRs:

Ferris is already our best selling title this year and it's only been available for 3 hours! Thanks to all who ordered

MV

We sold more copies of Ferris Bueller in 12 hours than we have over the past year on titles like Dances with Wolves and Braveheart. Lots of new customers as well as a familiar names. Thank you all for a stellar release day, quite possibly the best release day of all time for a single title. We are getting to the orders as quickly as we possibly can. Thank you for your patience.

MV
  12. That's good (if slightly inexplicable) news.
  13. Varese Deluxe:

Hellboy - Marco Beltrami
    RoboCop 3 - Basil Poledouris

Varese Encore:

Jagged Edge - John Barry

Thoughts?

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2016
    Poledouris.

Bought.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  14. Bnerstein-themed sale over at Intrada:

"See No Evil" is $15.99 instead of the usual $19.99
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9014/.f

Themes from General Electric theater is $15.99 instead of the usual $19.99
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9011/.f

The Ava Collection if $24.99 instead of the usual $29.99
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8567/.f
  15. Captain Future wrote
    Varese Deluxe:

Hellboy - Marco Beltrami
    RoboCop 3 - Basil Poledouris

Varese Encore:

Jagged Edge - John Barry

Thoughts?

Volker

Hellboy truly deserved this expanded treatment, it's a completely different (and better score) when heard in this complete version.

Can't determine if Poledouris' Robocop 3 is better in this full version, but I definitely want to check it out smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  16. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until October 10 to get the following from Intrada:
    "My Science Project" (Peter Bernstein)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9256/.f

"The Presidio" (Broughton)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9255/.f
  17. Multiple titles from Quartet for the month of October:

Link to the art work flyer
  18. Looks like Tadlow's next re-recording project is that monumental acore, BEN-HUR.

Surely there are better choices than this? What's currently available is definitely plenty for this score and I am sure there are other titles that need a release where the OST is not currently available.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  19. They'll probably do THE KING OF KINGS sometime in the future too?

But I agree, in contrast to QUO VADIS the other two epic's original recordings are available in great quality and concert suites of BEN-HUR have been recorded in abundance.

That said I'll definitely buy that CD anyway.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2016
    I have more versions of that particular score than any other. So my gut feeling is that I'll pass on this one. But then it's Rozsa, and one of my favourite scores...so likely I'll cave at some point anyway.. slant
    I too would have preferred for them to tackle King Of Kings, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  20. I have the 2 CD release of the original recording. I don't think the re-recording is all that necessary. And I'm not caving in to these. I think the only score I bought while having another copy was The Peacemaker and that only because I wore out the original 1 CD album and never got back to it since the 2 CD boot was available anyway.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  21. New from Music Box:

JULIETTE ET JULIETTE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed by Paul Misraki

New remastered expanded edition.
    37 minutes of music, including 26 minutes of music never released before.
    CD booklet with liner notes by Nicolas Magenham.

Ref: MBR-102
    Release Date: October 10, 2016

In collaboration with Gruppo Sugar, Music Box Records is pleased to present the expanded score from the original motion picture Remo Forlani's Juliette et Juliette composed by Paul Misraki in 1974.

Composer Paul Misraki (Les Volets clos) was born in Constantinople (Turkey) to French parents of Italian descent, and showed an early aptitude for music. During the years of occupation, Paul Misraki emigrates to South America and then to Hollywood, where he tries to popularize the French song with his band The Collegians. In addition to writing successful popular songs, Paul Misraki also kept himself busy by penning over 140 film scores in a great variety of popular genres from adventure films to spy thrillers and romantic dramas. He worked with many of the leading directors: Orson Welles's Mr. Arkadin (1955, also known as Confidential Report), Roger Vadim's And God Created Woman (1956), Claude Chabrol's Cousins (1959), Bernard Borderie’s Les Trois Mousquetaires (1961), Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Doulos (1962) and Jean-Luc Godard's Alphaville (1965), as well as films for Jacques Becker, Jean Renoir and Luis Buñuel.

For Juliette et Juliette, Paul Misraki composed a very romantic orchesral score with some 70s pop flavor. His multi-faceted score also features some exquisite classical-sounding pieces, very "seventies" pop numbers and light underscore cues.

The soundtrack was previously released by CAM on CD in 1996 with only a 12-minute suite. This CD release features the expanded score which was mastered from the recording session tapes and presents previously unreleased tracks.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Juliette et Juliette (Générique début) (1:27)
    2. Juliette et Juliette (Concertino pour Juliette et orchestre) (2:58)
    3. Juliette et Juliette (Le courrier des lectrices) (1:01)
    4. Juliette et Juliette (Petit déjeuner breton) (1:17)
    5. Juliette et Juliette (La mode est au baroque) (0:35)
    6. Juliette et Juliette (Pénélope pop) (1:57)
    7. Juliette et Juliette (Le sabot de Denver) (0:40)
    8. Juliette et Juliette (Secrète maquette) (2:04)
    9. Juliette et Juliette (La robe noire) (2:00)
    10. Juliette et Juliette (Femmes en colère) (1:30)
    11. Juliette et Juliette (Square Croulebarbe) (0:46)
    12. Juliette et Juliette (Vive les femmes !) (1:46)
    13. Juliette et Juliette (Juliette et Bob) (0:56)
    14. Juliette et Juliette (Pénélope 73) (1:42)
    15. Juliette et Juliette (Kitch trompette) (2:50)
    16. Juliette et Juliette (Errance nocturne) (1:36)
    17. Juliette et Juliette (Invitation au voyage) (2:13)
    18. Juliette et Juliette (Le tango de Madame Rozenec) (2:17)
    19. Juliette et Juliette (Juliette s'en va) (1:48)
    20. Juliette et Juliette (Juliette enceinte) (1:29)
    21. Juliette et Juliette (Générique fin) (3:37)

Total Time • 37:20

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/3956 … iette.html

SO FINE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed, Orchestrated and Conducted by Ennio Morricone

World Premiere CD release.
    31 minutes of music never-before released.
    8-page CD booklet with liner notes by Daniel Schweiger.

Ref: MBR-101
    Release Date: October 10, 2016

Music Box Records is pleased to present the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Ennio Morricone's (La Cage aux folles, Un genio, due compari, un pollo, Lolita) original score to the 1981 comedy So Fine, starring Ryan O'Neal, Jack Warden, Mariangela Melato and Richard Kiel. Blazing Saddles and The In-Laws writer Andrew Bergman made his directorial debut for fashion magnate turned movie producer Mike Lobell (Honeymoon in Vegas), very loosely drawing on their own lives for a bedroom farce cum bottomless jeans advertising satire.

O'Neal plays Bobby Fine, an erudite English professor whose pursuit of tenure at a prestigious college is interrupted by his on-the-make dad Jack (Warden), whose Fine Fashions is in hock to the fearsomely tall gangster Mr. Eddie (Kiel). While the mobster knows he can force Bobby to use his business acumen save Fine Fashion, but he hasn't reckoned that the mild-mannered educator will become catnip for his wanton Italian wife Lira (Melato), a frustrated opera singer whose dangerously torrid affair inadvertantly starts a new fashion craze.

With classic Italian romps as So Fine's inspiration, Lobell brought in his Windows composer Ennio Morricone to score his thus far only Hollywood comedy. The result is a complete delight where the composer's enthusiasm for a singing sexpot and the see-through subject matter inspires a score in the rhythmic key of Rossini, an energetic operatic style that drives So Fine's merry chases. The always lurking Mr. Eddie brings out a skulking brass theme, the 80's NYC setting disco energy, and Bobby's pride in Fine Fashions sly nobility and a salute to the famed "Union Label" march. But as wonderfully funny as Morricone's music is, the composer also endows Lira with one of his most beautifully lush romantic themes.

The soundtrack debut of So Fine is presented in stereo from pristine-condition from multi-track session tapes, featuring exclusive liner notes by writer Daniel Schweiger and new comments by director Andrew Bergman and producer Mike Lobell on their collaboration with composer Ennio Morricone.

TRACK LISTING:

1. First Overture (1:18)
    2. Lira Seduction (1:07)
    3. Introducing Eddie (1:00)
    4. City Chase (1:09)
    5. Union Label (1:28)
    6. Dean's Reception (0:26)
    7. Eddie's Theme (Disco) (2:22)
    8. Lira's Theme (0:39)
    9. Clumsy and Sentimental (Short Version) (1:14)
    10. Union Label (#2) (1:34)
    11. Vickie and Sylvia (1:17)
    12. Eddie's Theme (Lullaby) (1:26)
    13. Second Overture (1:44)
    14. Lira and the Seduction (2:27)
    15. Eddie's Theme (0:52)
    16. Union Label (#3) (1:28)
    17. City Chase (#2) (0:48)
    18. Eddie's Theme (Up the Stairs) (0:29)
    19. Clumsy and Sentimental (2:23)
    20. Sentimental Discussion (1:03)
    21. Union Label (#4) (0:44)
    22. Eddie's Theme (Eddie in Custody) (0:58)
    23. Italian Theme (2:14)

Total Time • 31:05

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/3955-so-fine.html
  22. Low quantities update from SAE on FSM titles (and a sale):

Film Score Monthly low quantity alert and 25% discount sale good from Thursday, October 6th until Monday, October 10th at Midnight Eastern! Sale is good for the entire FSM catalog! Please use discount code: fsm1016 at check out at Screenarchives.com. First come first served!

Click HERE to view the entire available Film Score Monthly catalog!

FEWER THAN 25 REMAIN

HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE
    DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS
    RAINTREE COUNTY
    THE FIVE MAN ARMY
    ON DANGEROUS GROUND
    ELMER BERNSTEIN’S FILM MUSIC COLLECTION BOX SET
    INVITATION / A LIFE OF HER OWN
    LILI
    THE HOMECOMING: A CHRISTMAS STORY / RASCALS AND ROBBERS
    THE LIQUIDATOR

FEWER THAN 50 REMAIN

THE STRIPPER / NICK QUARRY
    LOGAN’S RUN (TV SERIES 1977)
    BROTHERS KARAMAZOV (1958)
    THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD / TAKE THE HIGH ROAD
    BULLITTT
    ON THE BEACH / THE SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA
    PRINCE OF FOXES
    MIKLOS ROZSA TREASURY BOX SET
    I SPY
    THE BEST OF EVERYTHING
    GREMILINS
    RANDOM HARVEST / THE YEARLING
    UNDER FIRE
    I’LL CRY TOMORROW
    THE FASTEST GUN ALIVE / HOUSE OF NUMBERS
    KUNG FU / MAN IN THE WILDERNESS

FEWER THAN 100 REMAIN

INSIDE DAISY CLOVER
    DR. KILDARE
    ZIGZAG / THE SUPER COPS
    HOTEL / KALEIDOSCOPE
    THE VIEW FROM PIMPEY’S HEAD / BLUE DENIM
    TOYS IN THE ATTIC
    BLACK SUNDAY
    TELEFON / HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT
    633 SQUADRON / SUBMARINE X-1
    FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE
    JEREMIAH JOHNSON
    SOYLENT GREEN / DEMON SEED
    THE SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN
    BUTTERFIELD 8: BRONISLAU KAPER AT MGM VOL. 1
    UNTAMED