• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Not coming soon: a deluxe "E.T."

Posted a day or two ago at the FSM forum:

We discussed combining the two with Williams' camp when we were working on Jaws and they didn't want this one being worked on right now. There were a couple of other projects that were nixed as well. But we will keep trying!

Roger
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2016
    Just to say my usual piece... that original re-recorded album is so damn good, it's all I want from ET. There's already been that, a deluxe edition and then an even-more-deluxe edition, what is left!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2016 edited
    Yes, there is only one E.T. album that has any kind of value to me, and that is the original album. I don't play anything else, even if I have the 20th anniversary release as part of the DVD gift box set from 2002.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Having the original album and the 2002 deluxe release of E.T. I too am well satisfied.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until October 24 to get the following from Intrada:

"See No Evil" (Bernstein)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9014/.f

and

"Agent Cody Banks" (John Powell)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9710/.f
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Two labels announce new releases:

I am thrilled to announce that the BYU / Screen Archives/ CR Studios presentation of Max Steiner's FIGHTER SQUADRON is Now Available!

FIGHTER SQUADRON is what some film music fans refer to as a “barn burner”. Composer Max Steiner goes all out with jaunty marches, spirited comedy motifs, and rousing action sequences for this 1948 tribute to the Army Air Corps during the Second World War. Director Raoul Walsh took the brakes off this free-flying re-working of THE DAWN PATROL with the accent on domineering officers, girl-chasing non-coms and thrilling enemy encounters,. While Steiner revives his famous DIVE BOMBER march, the presentation here is far more aggressive and it is presented in a superb-sounding recording. Brilliant fidelity is matched by a sweeping symphonic presentation that will leave you breathless by score’s end. Recorded at Warner Bros. with orchestrations by Murray Cutter and conducted by Max Steiner.

In addition to the soundtrack itself, the album features a 24 page full-color booklet with essays by James V. D’Arc and Ray Faiola, as well as a generous amount of original photographs and publicity material. Disc mastering by Ray Faiola, Chelsea Rialto Studios. Package design by Jim Titus.

A Brigham Young University Film Music Archive Production. All proceeds from this limited edition compact disc go towards the acquisition, preservation of film music elements and future public releases.

To order, please visit: http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_de … -SQUADRON/

Track listing:

1. Main Title / Foreword 1:39
    2. Sgt. Dolan 1:56
    3. Black Cat :32
    4. Pitching Woo / Squadron Leader Returns 2:32
    5. Hard Landing 2:46
    6. Air Raid :49
    7. Letters From Home 1:07
    8. Frisky Business 1:10
    9. Private Wilbur's Sewing Leafs For Hardin 1:02
    10. New Orders 1:00
    11. Cats 'N Jammies 1:06
    12. Assembly :32
    13. Drop Tanks! 1:14
    14. Take-Off 3:35
    15. Rescue 4:13
    16. Homeward Bound :38
    17. A Single Man's Game :55
    18. Bombing Raids 1:16
    19. Jeepers, Major Hardin! 1:36
    20. Shorty’s Triumph 2:13
    21. A Pilot's Prerogative 4:55
    22. Insubordination 1:50
    23. Kinsey On Report 2:01
    24. D-Day 3:04
    25. Conclusion 4:28

And from Digitmovies for the month of October:

"Ringo e Gringo contro tutti" (Gianni Ferrio) (DGST022)

Directed in 1966 by Bruno Corbucci. The prolific composer Gianni Ferrio has his name connected to all kinds of films such as comedies, erotic films, gialli and westerns. Some of his famous Western film soundtracks include " Amigo, Stay Away”, "California”, "Sledge”, "A Bullet For Sandoval”, "Long Live Your Death (aka “Don't Turn the Other Cheek") and "For a Few Extra Dollars”. " Ringo and Gringo Against All" falls into the Western comedy genre. For the realization of this CD (lasting 53:11 minutes) we were able to access the mono master tapes of the original recording session. Maestro Ferrio wrote a cheerful main score with the choir Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni which is reprised in a host of wonderful variations. The author also intervenes with dramatic and daring music contrasted with the funny side of the story. This is a CD that fans of Spaghetti Westerns will want to add to their collection.

"L'inchiesta" (Riz Ortolani) (CDDM279)

Directed in 1986 by Damiano Damiani. Riz Ortolani (March 25th, 1926, Pesaro - January 23rd, 2014, Rome) was author of hundreds of soundtracks for cinema and television and composed an evocative musical score for this film. Four selections were published by Cinevox on the album "The soundtracks of Riz Ortolani for the film “The Inquiry” by Damiano Damiani " (CIA - 5063). After finding the stereo master tapes from the original recording session, it was possible to assemble a CD of 48:18 minutes. Maestro Ortolani with his great talent was able to represent both the sacred and the profane of the story, with romantic and nostalgic pieces, mystical Jewish moods of great emotional intensity and dramatic battle songs. This is an OST that absolutely deserved to be rescued and preserved for the record archive, dedicated to one of the biggest names in film music. This OST won the Silver Ribbon in 1987.
  5. Another update from SAE on low quantities on FSM titles:

Film Score Monthly low quantity alert and 25% discount sale has been renewed Thursday, October 13th until Monday, October 17th at Midnight Eastern! Sale is good for the entire FSM catalog! Please use discount code: fsm1625 at check out at Screenarchives.com. First come first served!

FEWER THAN 25 REMAIN

THE LIQUIDATOR
    ELMER BERNSTEIN’S FILM MUSIC COLLECTION
    INVITATION / A LIFE OF HER OWN
    UNDER FIRE
    THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD / TAKE THE HIGH GROUND
    THE STRIPPER / NICK QUARRY
    LOGAN’S RUN (TV SERIES 1977)
    BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

FEWER THAN 50 REMAIN

MIKLOS ROZSA TREASURY BOX SET
    ON THE BEACH / THE SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA
    PRINCE OF FOXES
    KUNG FU / MAN IN THE WILDERNESS
    BLACK SUNDAY
    I SPY
    THE BEST OF EVERYTHING
    INSIDE DAISY CLOVER
    I’LL CRY TOMORROW
    THE FASTEST GUN ALIVE / HOUSE OF NUMBERS
    RANDOM HARVEST / THE YEARLING
    DR. KILDARE
    ZIGZAG / THE SUPER COPS

FEWER THAN 100 REMAIN

HOTEL / KALEIDOSCOPE
    THE VIEW FROM POMPEY’S HEAD / BLUE DENIM
    TOYS IN THE ATTIC
    633 SQUADRON / SUBMARINE X-1
    FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE
    TELEFON / HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT
    SOYLENT GREEN / DEMON SEED
    THE SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN
    BUTTERFIELD 8: BRONISLAU KAPER AT MGM VOL. 1
    THE DIRTY DOZEN
    UNTAMED
    THE MAN FROM U.C.L.E. VOL. 2 (1964-1968)
    CHIPS VOL. 1: SEASON TWO (1978-1979)
    THE SPLIT
  6. Surprise new historical epic score from Atli Örvarsson... sounds rather excellent...sample suite at second link

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/10/13 … more-41119
    http://hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=1532
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2016
    Morgan Joylighter wrote
    Surprise new historical epic score from Atli Örvarsson... sounds rather excellent...sample suite at second link

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/10/13 … more-41119
    http://hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=1532

Yeah, I talked a bit with Atli about that in Cannes earlier this year. The film was all over the programme cover, an expense which was only possible to due to the filthy rich sheiks sponsoring the rather obscure movie. I told Atli that I was skeptical about the film itself, but very curious to hear his score -- especially because he seems to focus on smaller stuff after his return to Iceland; so this seemed a bit "out-of-place". Be that as it may, I'm very curious to hear it, and very glad it's getting a release.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I was wondering where he had gone. I always thought Atli was one of the better of the RC crop of the last decade or so, but he unfortunately never seemed to pick up the steady stream of assignments that Balfe/Jackman/Djawadi have had. So this is good to hear!
  8. Here comes the Varese Sarabande CD Club again:

Halloween Is Coming. And so is the CD Club! Two new releases will be announced on October 24. You won't want to miss them. ??"
  9. The TRUTH is out there OCTOBER 25, 2016

THE X-FILES VOLUME 3 -- 4 CD BOX SET
    MUSIC BY MARK SNOW
    LLLCD 1370
    RETAIL PRICE: $49.98

PRODUCED BY MARK SNOW, NICK REDMAN AND MIKE JOFFE
    LINER NOTES BY RANDALL D. LARSON
    MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON
    ART DIRECTION BY MARK BANNING
    (announcement art work display)

We will start taking orders at www.lalalandrecords.com next Tuesday, October 25, 2016 for The X-Files Volume 3

The first 450 customers who order the 4 cd box set will receive a signed cover by composer Mark Snow at no extra charge.

Disc One

1. THE X-FILES Main Title (Season 1) 0:47

1X2 – DEEP THROAT
    2. UFO Kids 2:15
    3. UFO Technology 2:15
    4. Confrontation 2:09
    5. Trek to Yellow Base 2:53
    6. Eye Poke 1:06
    7. Transfer and Release 3:26

1X4 – CONDUIT
    8. Shaky Ground 2:13
    9. Weather Balloons 1:00
    10. Kevin, the NSA Menace 1:59
    11. Switching Channels / Deciphering 1:11
    12. Shallow Grave 2:03
    13. Another X-File 1:48

1X9 – SPACE
    14. The Young Col. Belt 1:23
    15. Lift Off 4:00
    16. Car Crash 0:57
    17. Digital Data Banks 2:09
    18. Aerial Burial 1:17

1X14 – GENDER BENDER
    19. Sex Kills 1:32
    20. Arrival in Town 1:18
    21. Intro to Kindred, Part 2 3:19
    22. Finding Kindred 3:24
    23. I Called Him Marty 2:12
    24. Indian Prince-(ss) 2:02

2X4 – SLEEPLESS
    25. Fire in the Mind 2:51
    26. A Call to Autopsy 1:21
    27. Meet the New Throat 4:02
    28. Top Secret Eyes 2:22
    29. Spy Boy 1:25

2X7 – “3”
    30. Bloody Jacuzzi 2:46
    31. Old Files 3:06
    32. Blood in the Loaf 4:26
    33. Protector 5:22
    34. Just Ashes and Bones 0:25

Disc One Total Time: 78:10

Disc Two

4X20 – SMALL POTATOES
    1. Alieness 1:14
    2. Light Sabre 1:08
    3. Obie Gyn 1:13
    4. Sugar Patootie 4:21
    5. Identity Crisis 3:47
    6. Potato Vault 0:40
    7. Perk Prisoner 0:44
    8. Mugging 4:00
    9. Ain't No Eddie 0:55

4X11 – EL MUNDO GIRA
    10. Sulphur Water 3:47
    11. Killer Enzyme 3:02
    12. Fungi Man 6:32
    13. El Quasicabra! 7:05

2X18 – FEARFUL SYMMETRY
    14. Pachyderm 2:32
    15. Cat Food 3:41
    16. Tiger Walk 3:26
    17. Crushed 2:40

5X18 – THE PINE BLUFF VARIANT
    18. Jog 4:21

6X21 – Field Trip
    19. Fungus Among Us 2:24
    20. Swamp Ooze 3:08
    21. Dream Time 9:55
    22. Still Underground 1:52
    23. Migraine Mushroom 4:04

Disc Two Total Time: 77:19

Disc Three

5X12 – BAD BLOOD
    1. Stake In The Heart/Main Title 2:18
    2. Can Kickin'/Ticket/Exuberant 1:55
    3. Mushrooms 3:05
    4. Fangs 1:30
    5. Rolling Acres 2:40
    6. Vibro-Pizza 4:04
    7. Living Dead 4:40

5X01 – UNUSUAL SUSPECTS
    8. Fell's Point 2:37
    9. Hackland 1:49
    10. Holly Sugar 3:04
    11. Molar Wire 3:29
    12. Cleaners 4:13
    13. The Truth Is 4:09

5X04 – DETOUR
    14. Bush Monster 2:14
    15. Trail of Stolen Pebbles 4:26
    16. Forest Fridge 5:28

5X13 – PATIENT X
    17. Barbecue Ludi 3:04
    18. Malchik 2:51
    19. The Krycek Diet 3:13
    20. Skyland Barbecue 4:38
    21. Les Saboteurs 6:05
    22. Bridge of Sighs 5:33

Disc Three Total Time: 77:57

Disc Four

6X02 – DRIVE
    1. Special Report 0:09
    2. Road Rage 1:58
    3. Head Blow 4:22
    4. Hijack 4:07
    5. Westward Ho 3:54
    6. Inner Ear 10:00
    7. ELF Wave 7:19
    8. Manure Piles 1:20

8X20 – ESSENCE
    9. Recap 0:52
    10. Parenti’s Showroom 4:18
    11. Billy the Terminator 5:12
    12. Head Bag 2:17
    13. Vitamins 3:14
    14. Lizzy's Labours 6:10
    15. Compacted 4:17

9X06 – TRUST NO 1
    16. Computer Lab 1:42
    17. Spies Like Us 2:32
    18. Puppet Master 9:11
    19. Jumper / Scully's Serenade 5:10

20. THE X-FILES 1st Season
    End Credits 0:28
    21. I Made This/
    20th Century Fox Fanfare* 0:09
    * - Music By Alfred Newman
    Disc Four Total Time: 78:02
    Total Set Running Time: 5:10:28
  10. Release from Kronos Records (featuring a Morrcione):

OUT IN NOVEMBER
    Pre-order now from www.kronosrecords.com

KM31
    by CARLES CASES
    KRONCD074 (Ltd to 300 Copies)
    sound samples and preorder http://kronosrecords.com/K74.html

THE BOY & THE LION
    by STELVIO CIPRIANI
    KRONCD075 (Ltd to 300 Copies)
    sound samples and preorder http://kronosrecords.com/K75.html

RIPLEY'S GAME
    by ENNIO MORRICONE
    KRONCD070
    300 copies pressing by great demand!
    sound samples and preorder http://kronosrecords.com/K70.html
  11. This year marks a big anniversary for an epic and historic film and score.

It’s hard to believe but The Omen (1976), was released 40 years ago.

It’s also hard to believe that our previous “Deluxe Edition” of Jerry Goldsmith’s Academy Award-winning score came out 15 years ago to celebrate the film’s 25th anniversary. But here we are. While The Deluxe Edition was indeed significantly expanded from the original soundtrack album release, this score’s biggest fans still missed a few cues and for this new, 40th Anniversary edition we have added an additional six previously unreleased cues, including the unused “It’s All For You.” The entire score has also been newly remastered and we have added a special bonus track featuring Diego Navarro conducting “The Omen Suite” from the 2009 Fimucité tribute to Jerry Goldsmith. An epic release of Jerry Goldsmith’s Oscar-winning masterpiece!

U.S. ambassador (Gregory Peck) switches his wife's (Lee Remick) baby with an orphaned boy when their child is stillborn. As the boy grows, disaster surrounds him, beginning with the suicide of his nanny, and as the bodies pile up, his horrified father begins to suspect the boy is evil incarnate and must be destroyed. The Omen was directed by Richard Donner (Superman: The Movie, The Goonies).

Limited Edition of 3000 copies

We’re so excited about this major film score expansion! It was 18 years ago, in 1998, when we released an album with fifteen minutes each from Marco Beltrami’s Scream and Scream 2. Both are Beltrami classics. In 2011 we finally set things right with a Deluxe Edition for the original Scream and now, five years later and just in time for Halloween, it’s time for Scream 2. Not only have we included all of Marco’s score but Scream 2: The Deluxe Edition even includes Danny Elfman’s Cassandra Aria and Cassandra Reprise! If you only know the score from the previous album, this one will be a wonderful revelation.

Sydney (Neve Campbell) and tabloid reporter Gale Weathers (Courteney Cox) survived the events of the first "Scream," but their nightmare isn't over. When two college students are murdered at a sneak preview of "Stab," a movie based on the events from the first film, it's clear a copycat killer is on the loose. Sydney and Gail, as well as fellow survivors Deputy Dewey (David Arquette) and Randy (Jamie Kennedy) have to find out who is behind this new murder spree, before they all end up dead.

Limited Edition of 2000 copies
  12. I know nothing about the Scream series of films at all.
    In the case of THE OMEN: I own the three CD set and I am well pleased with that. I'm inclined to agree with Thor's usual comment here. Better release something yet unreleased than add non quintessential 5 minutes to an already existing great release.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2016
    yeah

All power to those who wanted the complete so badly.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2016 edited
    I don't like horror scores in general, but Beltrami's SCREAM scores are an exception -- filled with so much "delicious darkness" (i.e. a more romantic, lush variant), I'm quite the fan. That being said, I am more than pleased with the ol' 1/2 combo CD from Varese.

So the draw for me here would be Elfman's "Cassandra's Aria", although I've had a good-sounding "boot" version for years. Wish there were some way to just dowload those two tracks, but I'm guessing it won't be out on iTunes and such.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until November 7 to get the following from Intrada:

"Coneheads" / "Talent for the Game" (David Newman)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9584/.f

and
    "Siddharth" (Andrew Lockington)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10061/.f
  14. That Lockington is a decent elegant little score that is far from his usual output. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2016
    I'm a sucker for that "Indian" sound, Siddharth is a great listen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  15. Not coming any time soon: the scores to the 1966 "Batman" series. Posted today at the FSM forum by MV:

I can tell you with 100% authority that a Batman 1966 box set or even a single disc edition of the series is not happening now or for the foreseeable future. We really tried to make it happen for the 50th Anniversary this year but sadly it didn't. However, on November 8th, we are going to be re-releasing the soundtrack to the 1966 feature film. This version will include brand new liner notes by our resident La-La Land Bat-expert John Takis and Bat-tastic new artwork by Jim Titus. All other contents will be the same as our previous release.

It seemed fitting to reissue that classic soundtrack for the 50th Anniversary since we will also be releasing the brand new soundtrack to the animated feature film Batman Return of the Caped Crusaders starring Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. That too comes out next Tuesday November 8th
  16. New releases from Music Box:

N.P. - IL SEGRETO • IL MINESTRONE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtracks
    Music Composed by Nicola Piovani

World Premiere release.
    66 minutes of music never-before released.
    8-page CD booklet with liner notes by Gergely Hubai.
    Limited Edition of 300 units.

Ref: MBR-103
    Release Date: November 10, 2016

In collaboration with Gruppo Sugar, Music Box Records presents the world premiere release of two Nicola Piovani scores: Il segreto and Il minestrone.

Silvano Agosti's Il segreto (also known as N.P., 1971) is a dystopian parable about an engineer whose inventions are turned against society once he looses his memory. As the main hero's gradual awakening gets him involved in strikes and conspiracies, Piovani builds his music around a recurring motive based on Sergei Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini. The catchy symphonic rock adaptation of the classic melody is incorporated into almost every cue, including the tunefully fierce music for the strikes.

Il minestrone (1981) is an early role for Academy Award winning actor/director Roberto Benigni who later hired Piovani for the film that brought the composer his Oscar, Life is Beautiful. Il minestrone follows a group of hungry rascals who try to figure out different ways in order to fill their stomachs at no cost. The three-hour miniseries features a catchy Piovani score with a great main theme, folksy connective material and once again brilliant references to classical music - this time it's Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss.

Only the main theme from Il minestrone had any sort of released before. The CD includes over an hour's worth of new music with an attractive package rounded out by a richly illustrated booklet, including liner notes by Gergely Hubai who discusses both films and scores.

TRACK LISTING:

N.P. - IL SEGRETO (27:56)
    1. N.P. - Il segreto (Main Theme) (3:36)
    2. N.P. - Il segreto (Strike #1) (1:56)
    3. N.P. - Il segreto (Butterfly) (3:37)
    4. N.P. - Il segreto (Montage) (3:53)
    5. N.P. - Il segreto (Prophet) (1:25)
    6. N.P. - Il segreto (Strike #2) (2:31)
    7. N.P. - Il segreto (Choir) (2:32)
    8. N.P. - Il segreto (Transformation) (4:25)
    9. N.P. - Il segreto (Main Theme - Choral) (3:38)

IL MINESTRONE (38:40)
    10. Il minestrone (Main Theme) (3:47)
    11. Il minestrone (Invisible Meal) (2:01)
    12. Il minestrone (Promenade - 1st Version) (2:51)
    13. Il minestrone (Food Fight) (2:23)
    14. Il minestrone (Wandering) (0:53)
    15. Il minestrone (March) (0:59)
    16. Il minestrone (Jaunty Source) (1:09)
    17. Il minestrone (Dog Eat Dog) (2:00)
    18. Il minestrone (Rich Meal) (1:32)
    19. Il minestrone (Promenade - 2nd Version) (2:34)
    20. Il minestrone (Il Maestro) (2:06)
    21. Il minestrone (Die Fledermaus) (1:47)
    22. Il minestrone (Marines) (2:51)
    23. Il minestrone (In the Mountains) (1:22)
    24. Il minestrone (After the Storm) (2:14)
    25. Il minestrone (Finale) (4:21)
    26. Il minestrone (Main Theme - Alternate Version) (3:11)

Total Time • 66:38

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-s … trone.html

L'INGORGO
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed by Fiorenzo Carpi

World Premiere CD release. 36 minutes of music.
    Remastered edition supervised by Claudio Fuiano.
    6-page CD booklet with liner notes by Gergely Hubai.
    Limited Edition of 300 units.

Ref: MBR-104

In collaboration with Beat Records, Music Box Records presents the CD premiere to a marvelous Fiorenzo Carpi score, written for his long-time companion, Luigi Comencini: L'ingorgo (1978).

L'ingorgo (aka Traffic Jam) is a dark satire on Italian society as hundreds of cars get involved in a pile-up and no possibility to get out. The all-star cast include Alberto Sordi as a grumpy lawyer, Gérard Depardieu and Miou-Miou as lovers on a break, Ugo Tognazzi as a philandering professor, Fernando Rey and Annie Girardot as a couple whose Silver Wedding reveals dark secrets, Marcello Mastroianni as an ageing gigolo actor and Stefania Sandrelli as the wife who is supposed to sleep with him in order to get her husband a job... The greatest actors of Italy, France and Spain appear in interrelated vignettes, bizarre visions and dark moments as Comencini reveals the true depths of human stupidity.

The music by Fiorenzo Carpi is composed of catchy instrumental tunes, usually used in juxtaposition with the furious drivers. Quirky instrumental songs, joyful dances and addictive tunes appear as source music emanating from car stereos all throughout the traffic jam. The colorful compilation of Carpi’s tracks had only one previous release: an LP by Edipan (CS 2008) whose program has been recreated for this CD mastered by Claudio Fuiano - no bonus tracks survived from the film. The package includes 6-page liner notes by Gergely Hubai discussing the film and the score.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Il gabbiano (2:07)
    2. Volo sereno (1:23)
    3. Teletango (3:34)
    4. Improbabile (3:17)
    5. Telemazurka (3:15)
    6. Racconto (3:24)
    7. Il gabbiano (altra versione) (1:11)
    8. Isola felice (3:01)
    9. Telepolka (2:50)
    10. Con sentimento (2:44)
    11. Monoscopio (2:43)
    12. Ritmo tormentoso (2:12)
    13.Televalzer (2:00)
    14. Il gabbiano (altra versione) (2:25)

Total Time • 36:38

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-s … gorgo.html

PLANETARIUM • BELLE ÉPINE • GRAND CENTRAL
    Original Motion Picture Soundtracks
    Music from the films of Rebecca Zlotowski
    Composed by Rob

2-CD set including complete scores from Planetarium, Belle Épine and Grand Central with previously unreleased tracks.
    CD booklet with French director Rebecca Zlotowski and Rob's statements.

The first 40 copies purchased directly from our online store will be autographed by the composer, Rob (offer limited to 1 autographed copy by customer).

Ref: MBR-107

In collaboration with Hippocampus and Les Films Velvet, Music Box Records presents on a 2-CD set the collaboration between composer Rob and French director Rebecca Zlotowski, with original soundtracks from Zlotowski’s latest film Planetarium (2016) with her first two films Belle Épine (2010) and Grand Central (2013).

Planetarium (in theaters nationwide November 16, 2016), is directed by Rebecca Zlotowski and stars Nathalie Portman and Lily-Rose Depp. In 1930s France, two sisters, Kate and Laura Barlow, perform as supernatural mediums. They cross paths with a visionary film producer who hires them to shoot a highly ambitious film.

Rob (Maniac, Horns and Made in France) composed an inspiring orchestral/electronic score which finds a rather irrational kind of sound, something brutal, carnal, and almost magical. The score was recorded at Abbey Road Studios for orchestra and choir.

This present edition also includes music from the films Belle Épine and Grand Central with bonus tracks which did not appear on previous digital releases.

TRACK LISTING:

CD1 • PLANETARIUM (46:16)

1. Planetarium (Générique) (2:57)
    2. Recette Vaudou (0:23)
    3. Volière (2:03)
    4. Première Séance (2:00)
    5. Souvenir (1:24)
    6. Installation chez Korben (3:05)
    7. Schneeballschlacht (1:27)
    8. Deuxième Séance (2:09)
    9. Séquence 34 (3:59)
    10. Post-Marseillaise (1:07)
    11. La Plage (0:47)
    12. Virgule Fantôme (0:46)
    13. Images Mentales (2:59)
    14. Médaillons (2:23)
    15. Professeur / Retrouvailles (1:08)
    16. I’m Not Dying Because Of The Seances (1:36)
    17. Korbinski (1:46)
    18. Wedding Dream (0:52)
    19. Course (1:20)
    20. T.E.E. (2:30)
    21. Planetarium (Générique de Fin) (1:44)
    22. Arrabia 60 (3:11)
    23. T.E.E. (Slow Demo) (3:54)

CD2 • BELLE ÉPINE (31:41) / GRAND CENTRAL (29:21)

BELLE ÉPINE
    1. Motors (2:44)
    2. Combustion (1:33)
    3. Premier Circuit (3:39)
    4. Triumph (1:05)
    5. XY (3:52)
    6. Épiphanie (1:11)
    7. Cheyenne (2:13)
    8. Le Rayon (1:08)
    9. Rungis (2:49)
    10. Deuxième Circuit (3:36)
    11. Belle Épine Limited (1:32)
    12. Rungis Limited (3:10)
    13. Prudence (2:32)
    Interprété par Jeremy Jay

GRAND CENTRAL
    14. Leçon Nucléaire (1:35)
    15. Triomphe (1:05)
    16. Le Baiser (0:48)
    17. Arrivée Centrale (1:00)
    18. La Barque (3:17)
    19. La Pizza (1:05)
    20. Toni Contaminé (1:21)
    21. Dosimètre (1:45)
    22. Enceinte (1:36)
    23. Les Herbes Couchées (1:33)
    24. Contamine les Chevaux (1:36)
    25. Flutines (1:35)
    26. Glory (3:03)
    27. Les Herbes Couchées (Flûte) (1:33)
    28. La Dose (Early Demo) (2:09)
    29. Contaminé (Early Demo) (0:51)
    30. Contaminé Bis (Early Demo) (1:29)
    31. La Dose (Early Baroque Demo) (1:17)

For sound clips and available for order, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-s … ntral.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2016
    Ooooh....gotta have that Rob disc!
    I am extremely serious.
  17. On a neat note, this via an FSM member:

Also, some might be interested to know that Beltrami has been kind enough to post a few of the cues that didn't make it onto this Deluxe Edition on his official website:

1) 1m1 Phil Gets the Point
    2) 11m1 Gale Bumps Into Cotton
    3) STAB Suite (can't believe he posted this! crazy. btw this music is written by Kevin Manthei who had a hand in the synth programming for the first few Scream scores as well as add'l music for Resident Evil -- and in case anyone was wondering, it was written to purposefully sound like cheesy horror music )

http://marcobeltrami.com/albums/scream- … e-edition/

You can add the cues to your new Scream 2 Deluxe Edition CD to make it more Deluxer. 1m1 Phil Gets the Point should actually be 1m6 Phil Gets the Point and would appear following Phil Scares Maureen. 11m1 Gale Bumps Into Cotton would appear following Sid Needs a New Roommate. The Stab Suite would appear anytime after Opening and before Maureen Steals the Show (or at the end of the CD if you'd prefer).
  18. Quartet Records releases for the month of November:

Facebook poster art link
  19. Rogue One / Giacchino

Is this the official cover of the CD? Do they hope to trick people in believing they are buying a John Williams score?

confused Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016
  20. Captain Future wrote
    Rogue One / Giacchino

Is this the official cover of the CD? Do they hope to trick people in believing they are buying a John Williams score?

confused Volker

How come? It's a Star Wars universe score hence the artwork.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  21. Yes, sure, but why do they omit the name Michael Giacchino?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016
    My earlier response was my "posting from my phone" shorthand for - I'm sure it's only a temporary cover, a holding image. The Force Awakens was similar for a long time, before finally adding Williams's name (but not much else).