• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2017
    Shame to hear about the Bernstein box. That was one I really wanted.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Update from PlantSounds:

Just over a year ago, we released the music for the wonderful Norwegian film "Pinchcliffe Grand Prix" (1975) on a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition.

The score, by Danish composer Bent Fabricius-Bjerre, has been requested many times thoughtout the years, and we were very proud to finally release it.

Now we are down to only 3 remaining copies, so this is the very last chance to add it to your collection

A warm thank you to everybody who has bought this title from us, making it our first to go OOP.

More info/Listen/buy:
    https://plantsounds.net/product/pinchfl … npre-order
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. The SAE boxsets sale has been extended, with new titles added:

50% OFF SELECTED BOX SETS WITH THE CODE BOXSET117 AT CHECKOUT HAS BEEN EXTENDED WITH NEW TITLES ADDED! Sale ends Monday January 16th at Midnight ET!

THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY / THE SANDPIPER / DRUMS OF AFRICA
    DAVID RAKSIN AT M-G-M
    THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T.
    NORTHWEST PASSAGE: CLASSIC WESTERN SCORES FROM MGM VOL. 2
    STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION: THE RON JONES PROJECT (1987-1999)
    KENNER / MORE THAN A MIRACLE
    LASSIE COME HOME: THE CANINE CINEMA COLLECTION
    DR. KILDARE
    TV OMNIBUS: VOLUME ONE (1962-1976)
    BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOLUME 3 (4 CD / 3000 EDITION)
    SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (4CD / LIMITED EDITION)
    THE MUSIC OF JOHN BARRY - THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION (6CD)
    THE MUSIC OF JOHN WILLIAMS: THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION (6 CD)
    LE MONDE MUSICAL DE FRANCOIS TRUFFAUT (5 CD)
    100 GREATEST WESTERN THEMES (6 CD)
    THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (3 CD)
    DIE TOTE STADT (THE DEAD CITY)
    LUDWIG / MORTE A VENEZIA (2 CD)
    LE AVVENTURE DI PINOCCHIO (3 CD)
    INCREDIBLE FILM MUSIC BOX (4 CDS)
    JOHN BARRY - THE CLASSIC SCORES (4 CD)
    JOHN BARRY COLLECTION (4 CDS)
    JOHN WILLIAMS: 40 YEARS OF FILM MUSIC (4CDS)
    100 GREATEST AMERICAN TV THEMES
    100 GREATEST MUSICALS
    NINO ROTA: GREATEST FILM HITS (5 CD)
    ENNIO MORRICONE: COMPLETE SERGIO LEONE MOVIES (5 CD)
    ENNIO MORRICONE: COMPLETE SPAGHETTI WESTERNS (5 CD)
    CINEMA COLLECTION - I 30 CAPOLAVORI DELLA MUSICA DA FILM ITALIANA (30 CD BOX SET)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until January 30 to get the following from Intrada:

"Cujo" (Charles Bernstein)

and

"Adventures in Babysitting" (Kamen)
  4. Tinkle, tinkle! The Edit Fairy has paid a visit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2017
    Sorry to hear that Laibach has been replaced. Excellent band, and I loved their work on the first IRON SKY. Kantelinen is a more straightforward choice, but I'm sure he delivers what is required.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Ah, fuck, I posted in the wrong thread.
  6. A sale from Intrada Records:

To celebrate our new release of Red Pony -- On the Waterfront and Desert Fury are both 15% off for a limited time! Simply enter coupon code REDPONY at checkout!
  7. Some updates from La La Land Records from the last couple of days:

Why hasn't the "Lethal Weapon" box set come back in stock and whne will it?

May

When our manufacturer closed shop right at X-mas in 2014 we lost all of our print. Being that its a box set, to make another 1000 boxes/booklets/inlays it costs us around 15k to make, not to mention "buying finished goods" from WMG (and being that we are talking 8 cds it gets pretty pricey). We have been busy making new cds since then (and some GD vinyls), some were hits, some broke even and some tanked (more than usual). Suffice it to say, we are crawling out of the muck this year and will have some extra coin to make those last 1000 sets just in time for the film's 30th anniversary.

Our apologies for the delay, but these things happen.

MV

Next Wednesday new titles are being announced. And here is what is loosely head this year:
    In all seriousness if we know 100% something is coming out by the first of every month for that month we will let you know.

So far, Feb is locked and March is looking solid. April has a chance to be pretty awesome with May and June to be pretty sweet. July is solid and August is good, but starting in September and through our Black Friday slate I would start saving your pennies because 4th quarter is gonna be amazing if we can pull it all off. I didn't think it was possible to beat 2016s Black Friday batch but 2017 has the chance to be the "be all end all mic drop we retire from here" kind of slate of releases. Lol

And finally, on whether there are any Golden Age titles or Roza titles planned for this year:
    One for sure, 2nd qtr. A great Silver Age will hopefully finally happen in July and a classic North for Fall.

MV
  8. A small sale and low quantities update from La La Land Records:

BATMAN: BRAVE AND BOLD, A CERTAIN SMILE, I THE JURY, THE PHANTOM, WIZARDS (less than 75 units on each of these titles remain), WAVELENGTH (less than 50 remain), EXPENDABLES 3 (less than 20 remain) and YOUNG JUSTICE (less than 10 remain) are only $10 each!"
  9. Due January 25 from Quartet Records:

Quartet Records in collaboration wit Gruppo Sugar and GDM reissues two excellent Morricone suspense scores from great 70s crime films.

Un uomo da rispettare (aka The Master Touch) stars Kirk Douglas as a master thief who plans to retire after a final heist, going up against the most professional security system of the era. By recruiting a young acrobat (Giulano Gemma) to supply the perfect alibi, our hero is in for a surprise when loyalties shift within his team. Featuring the haunting flugelhorn solo by Cicci Santucci, the 11-and-half minute heist music is among Morricone's best suspense scores - the album also includes experimental electronic textures which are used to take down the security system.

Senza movente (aka Sans mobile apparent) is a 1971 French crime thriller about an investigator (Jean-Louis Trintignant) looking into the murders of seemingly unrelated people, all shot down by a mysterious assassin. Morricone score perfectly captures the paranoia taking over the French Riviera with an eerie main theme adorned with the whistling of Alessandro Alessandroni and a distinctive mellophone solo by Maria Verzella. An excellent 70s thriller score, Senza movente offers tuneful diversions for the investigation, including two powerful montage cues which appear in the film with no overlapping dialogue or effects.

While both scores have been released previously, this pairing brings out the best from both of them. Newly remastered by Claudio Fuiano from first generation master tapes, the package includes 16-page liner notes by Gergely Hubai discuss the films and the scores as well as include a discography note about how different releases compare to each other."

UN UOMO DA RISPETTARE
    01. Un uomo da rispettare (11:34)
    02. Un tempo infinito (4:19)
    03. Prima di lasciarla (2:36)
    04. A Florinda (3:04)
    05. Colpo parallelo (3:46)
    06. L’incarico (2:01)
    07. 18 Pari (3:16)
    08. A Florinda (2:43)
    09. Un uomo da rispettare (2:45)

Conducted by Nicola Samale

SENZA MOVENTE
    10. Senza motivo apparente (4:20)
    11. Sospensione folle (2:35)
    12. Il movente (2:28)
    13. Ricerca (2:10)
    14. In pieno petto (2:23)
    15. Senza motivo apparente (2) (5:04)
    16. Ricerca (2) (2:29)
    17. Senza motivo apparente (3) (1:58)
    18. Sospensione folle (2) (1:40)
    19. Senza motivo apparente (4) (1:20)
    20. In pieno petto (2) (1:41)
    21. Il movente (2) (2:27)
    22. Senza motivo apparente (5) (2:29)

Conducted by Bruno Nicolai
    Whistle: Alessandro Alessandroni

Total Disc Time: 70:00
    Limited Collector’s Edition of 500 units

"Quartet Records in collaboration with Gruppo Sugar presents the world premiere release of Stelvio Cipriani Spanish horror comedy score.

José Ramón Larraz’s Lady Lucifera (aka Polvos mágicos) tells the story of Sulfurina (Carmen Villani), the Devil’s Daughter has a special gift to remain young forever until she keeps sacrificing her husbands to Satan. She lives in a strange mansion haunted by the unlikeliest of ghouls: a gay ghost who literally lives in the closet, voodoo dolls coming alive, a midget who enjoys hiding under skirts, the dead rising from the grave and even a talking skull... The peace of this ghastly family is shaken up by the arrival of possible suitors.

The goblinesque music by Stelvio Cipriani focuses on the oversexed female protagonist and features a piano, a guitar and some soft synth textures lending a delicately spooky atmosphere to the opening. The theme is mostly linked to the guests’ failed attempts at romancing Sulfurina (or the other female guests), but it later gains a more genuine emotional response when the heroine seemingly gives up her evil ways in her new marriage...

Mastered by Claudio Fuiano, the premiere release includes an 8-page booklet with lush colourful stills capturing the odd guests of Sulfurina's castle, plus liner notes by Gergely Hubai discussing the film, the composer and the score."

01. Lady Lucifera - Seq.1 (2:13)
    02. Lady Lucifera - Seq.2 (2:29)
    03. Lady Lucifera - Seq.3 (2:15)
    04. Lady Lucifera - Seq.4 (1:40)
    05. Lady Lucifera - Seq.5 (1:56)
    06. Lady Lucifera - Seq.6 (3:06)
    07. Lady Lucifera - Seq.7 (5:14)
    08. Lady Lucifera - Seq.8 (1:17)
    09. Lady Lucifera - Seq.9 (2:09)
    10. Lady Lucifera - Seq.10 (3:25)
    11. Lady Lucifera - Seq.11 (1:13)
    12. Lady Lucifera - Seq.12 (3:09)
    13. Lady Lucifera - Seq.13 (1:52)
    14. Lady Lucifera - Seq.14 (3:43)
    15. Lady Lucifera - Seq.15 (3:45)

Total Disc Time: 40:02
    Limited Collector’s Edition of 300 units.
  10. Releases for February from La La Land Records:
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3sR8-AUYAgsRkk.jpg
  11. A limited sale at Screen Archives:

QUARTET BLOW OUT SALE!

VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE FOR THE BELOW QUARTET RELEASES.

ONCE THEY ARE SOLD OUT, THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD!

$7.95 EACH

Sale ends Monday, February 13th at Midnight EDT!

I'M SO EXCITED! (LOS AMANTES PASAJEROS) English Cover
    LOS AMANTES PASAJEROS (I'M SO EXCITED!) Spanish Cover
    CRAZY PEOPLE
    PATRICK
    QUAI D'ORSAY FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    THE SALT OF THE EARTH: A JOURNEY WITH SEBASTIAO SALGADO
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
    THE TWO FACES OF JANUARY
    THE LEGEND OF THE WOLF WOMAN (LA LUPA MANNARA)
    SOAP DISH
    INTERSECTION
    THEO'S HOUSE
    RELATOS SALVAJES (WILD TALES)
    MA MA
    FIN DE SEMANA AL DESNUDO
    A TIME OF DESTINY
    TORDENSKJOLD & KOLD
    AGLAJA FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    UN SECRET / MENACHEM & FRED FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    THE LAST DAYS OF LUCIER (LUCIFERIN VILMEINEN ELAMA) / WATER MARKED FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    AMAREN ESKUAK: LAS MANOS DE MI MADRE FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    LA LUNGA NOTTE DEL '43
    WAKOLDA
    THE ANGELS' SHARE FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    PASSION FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM
    PARTNERS
    THE COMFORT OF STRANGERS
    LE MOINE (THE MONK)
    THE SKIN I LIVE IN (LA PIEL QUE HABITO) FEWER THAN 30 COPIES English Cover
    LA PIEL QUE HABITO (THE SKIN I LIVE IN) Spanish Cover
    THE TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
    TOM SAWYER
    EMBARAZADOS FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    CRUSOE FEWER THAN 30 COPIES
    MONA LISA / CASTAWAY FEWER THAN 30 COPIES
    TOM AT THE FARM FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    LES ADIEUX A LA REINE / AU FOND DES BOIS / VILLA AMALIA FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    VERBO FEWER THAN 40 COPIES
    LOS MUNDOS SUTILES FEWER THAN 30 COPIES
    CHAIKA FEWER THAN 15 COPIES
    OCHO APELLIDOS VASCOS FEWER THAN 15 COPIES
    JULES VERNE'S THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND OF CAPTAIN NEMO FEWER THAN 25 COPIES
    CEZANNE ET MOI FEWER THAN 10 COPIES
    EN MAI FAIS CE QU'IL TE PLAIT FEWER THAN 5 COPIES
    PASCAL GAIGNE: RETROSPECTIVE FILM MUSIC FEWER THAN 5 COPIES
    CHINA MOON FEWER THAN 5 COPIES
    AMORES LOCOS FEWER THAN 10 COPIES
    CHRISTOPHER SLASKI FILM WORKS FEWER THAN 10 COPIES
    80 EGUNEAN FEWER THAN 5 COPIES
    A GOOD AMERICAN FEWER THAN 10 COPIES
    EL OLIVO / KATMANDU, UN ESPEJO EN EL CIELO / EN TIERRA ESTRANA / FLORES DE OTRO MUNDO FEWER THAN 10 COPIES
    THE HAPPETS IN THE KINGDOM OF THE SUN FEWER THAN 20 COPIES
    LES DEUX AMIX / E LA CHIAMANO ESTATE FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    JULES VERNE'S THE LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD FEWER THAN 20 COPIES
    A TOWN CALLED HELL / SAVAGE PAMPAS
    SUMMIT FEWER THAN 20 COPIES
    SIN NOTICIAS DE DIOS / NADIE HABLARA DE NOSOTRAS CUANDO HAYAMOS MUERTO
    THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    OMERTA FEWER THAN 50 COPIES
    MARI DEL SUD
    PAGAFANTAS
    DANIELE E MARIA FEWER THAN 10 COPIES

I'm not expert on sold out titles from the label, but off hand I think I see three sold out titles in that cheap sales list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2017
    Some good titles on there. Had this been 10 years ago, with normal shipping costs, I might have given it a go.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Any idea what the Beauty and the Beast remake score will be like? Will it just be a re-recorded version of the score from the animated film? Or do you think Alan Menken will be introducing new themes or anything? I think the 1991 Beauty and the Beast score is one of the best animated Disney scores, but not sure I need just a re-recording. smile
  13. I thought I read the new score arrangements in the film of the old Menken score, are by somebody else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017 edited
    Well, the film poster has quite some extensive music credits:

SONGS ARRANGED AND CONDUCTED BY Michael Kosarin
    SCORE ARRANGED BY Christopher Benstead
    SONGS MUSIC BY Alan Menken
    LYRICS BY Howard Ashman & Tim Rice
    SCORE BY Alan Menken

Also, Celine Dion has a new song for the film, so aside from maybe incorporating that song as a new theme into the score, I'm sure it will be an adaptation of the old score.
  14. That definitely makes it sound like they're using Menken's score pretty much wholesale. Maybe this Benstead guy will tweak it a little here and there to make it fit the timings of the new film.

And in that case, I have basically zero interest in this project, film or score. slant
  15. I see there is a special edition of the score coming up. I couldn't find it on amazon.com though.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ah, yes, that's another sign! The special edition soundtrack album is up on iTunes, which has a second disc of the score, and all score tracks have Alan Menken credited. So all music composed and originated by him, not the Benstead guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm torn on the whole live action remake wave of animated Disney films, but I love basically everything Menken has ever done -- so count me in among those curious about this.
    I am extremely serious.
  16. Miscellaneous little updates from La La Land in an FSM thread where people are asking him questions:

In regards to when "Midnight Run" will come out:
    Nope, hopefully 2018. Got a few UMG titles to work on before Midnight Run.

MV

When will "The Sum of All Fears" be back in stock:
    Aiming for April. It will be the last batch for A.I.

MV

1 - Any chances for any Miklos Rozsa release in 2017 ?

Not from us

2 - Any chances for some Golden Age releases in 2017 ?

Yes definitely
  17. Loq quantities update from La La Land Records:

Just thought it would be easier to give folks a head's up on the titles that going OOP and that are briefly back from the dead:

AS OF 2/16/17:

BATMAN BRAVE AND THE BOLD - 28 COPIES LEFT
    A CERTAIN SMILE - 30 COPIES LEFT
    DC SHOWCASE - 50 COPIES LEFT
    THE FLASH - 8 COPIES LEFT
    I THE JURY - 25 COPIES LEFT
    JUSTICE LEAGUE NEW FRONTIERS - 6 COPIES LEFT
    SPEED 2 - 5 COPIES LEFT
    SPELLBINDER - 2 COPIES LEFT
    TEEN TITANS TROUBLE IN TOKYO - 11 COPIES LEFT
    WIZARDS - 20 COPIES LEFT
    X-MAN WITH X RAY EYES - 63 COPIES LEFT

We actually have a Back from the Dead Batch #2 planned for Feb 28

We will keep you posted!

MV
  18. New from the Varese Sarabande Limited Edition (not the CD Club):

BITTER HARVEST
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed and Conducted by Benjamin Wallfisch
    https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/bitter-harvest

USS INDIANAPOLIS: MEN OF COURAGE
    Music Composed and Conducted by Laurent Eyquem
    https://www.varesesarabande.com/product … of-courage

BEFORE I WAKE
    Themes and Music by The Newton Brothers
    Themes and Additional Music by Danny Elfman
    https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/before-i-wake
  19. Not coming any time soon from La La Land Records:

Three Chris Drake DC animated scores were planned but eventually cancelled due to the composer. He did not like the mixes he had but didn't supply new ones for us to release. Sadly almost every single one of these CDs we have released have failed in terms of sales. We were very honored to release these great scores but they never seemed to have found much of an audience. Justice League Dark will be the final CD we release from the DC Animated films. As for some of the classic animated series, at this point we will just focus on Batman the Animated Series shows and most likely ignore all other incarnations from here on out due to lack of sales. In other words do not expect more Justice League, Superman, or Teen Titans from us in the future.

Also not coming: "SeaQuest" and the 1990's "The Outer Limits".
  20. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until March 13 to get the following from Intrada:

21. Thor-unapproved releases for the month of March from La La Land Records:

Facebook artwork flyer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017
    justin boggan wrote
    Thor-unapproved releases for the month of March from La La Land Records:

Facebook artwork flyer

Correct. Although the LP release of STAR TREK is intriguing. Is this the first time La La Land has done something like this? Even though I don't buy them myself, I fully support the vinyl ressurection these days (for hipsters and non-hipsters alike).
    I am extremely serious.
  22. The artwork of the Trek LP is gorgeous.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  23. Impending Varese Sarabande CD Club batch -- cover Thor's eyes:

Spring Is Coming. We'll get a jump on Spring with a fresh batch of CD Club titles announced on March 13. Three special new releases coming next Monday.