• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Posted yesterday at FSM:

We just got approvals so look for Poltergeist by mid-December. Sorry I can't be more specific but we can't control how long the pressing plant will take, especially this close to Xmas. Thanks.

Lukas
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Looks like we won't have this in the UK by Christmas.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010
    I love the score but I'm happy enough with the Rhino release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I love this score, but I want more!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Timmer wrote

Ditto ! I wouldn't change anything about the Rhino album presentation. But of course having more of Jerry's wonderfully frightening soundscape is maybe something I wouldn't want to miss. Poltergeist still remains my number one Goldsmith, btw ! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I love this score, but I want more!

IS there more?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ditto ! I wouldn't change anything about the Rhino album presentation. But of course having more of Jerry's wonderfully frightening soundscape is maybe something I wouldn't want to miss. Poltergeist still remains my number one Goldsmith, btw ! cheesy

In that case you might want to go for it ( my 'go for it' would be a complete Star Trek TMP ), I'm very happy with the Rhino.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010
    And I'm happy with none. Sold off my Rhino recently.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Sometimes your actions chill me to the bone, Thor shocked sad

So how many Goldsmith's you still have?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Much has happened in terms of new releases these past months... I have had so much to do these months with a new job and a lot of other things that I haven't even given myself time to look around the forum. Thus, the amount of score purchases has been terribly small. It looks though like the coming months can be expensive catching up on all of this... Spartacus, Conan, ST III... and then all the new releases for new films... But still, worth it. lick Indeed. cheesy
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Sometimes your actions chill me to the bone, Thor shocked sad

Oh, I still have 21 Goldsmith CD's, but 7 of those are for sale. Imagine that I had more than 60 at one point! dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Manwe wrote
    Much has happened in terms of new releases these past months... I have had so much to do these months with a new job and a lot of other things that I haven't even given myself time to look around the forum. Thus, the amount of score purchases has been terribly small. It looks though like the coming months can be expensive catching up on all of this... Spartacus, Conan, ST III... and then all the new releases for new films... But still, worth it. lick Indeed. cheesy

Hiya Adam, good to see you wave

You've a lot to catch up with.....most of it excellent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Hey Tim! wave
  6. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Oh, I still have 21 Goldsmith CD's, but 7 of those are for sale. Imagine that I had more than 60 at one point! dizzy

To go from 60+ to 14 that hold your interest is a very steep tumble, but who am I to judge? I barely have any Morricone's, so I shouldn't talk. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

To go from 60+ to 14 that hold your interest is a very steep tumble, but who am I to judge? I barely have any Morricone's, so I shouldn't talk. shame

There are actually a couple of Goldsmiths I'm aiming to check out and maybe acquire too, though...RUDY, MULAN and ISLANDS IN THE STREAM. Also, if something really great pops up that I've never heard of, I might want to get it. So it's not ONLY a question of downsizing. But yeah, I really want to have only the REALLY good ones, that has repeated listening pleasure value, and get rid of all the rest.

And I'm not particularly impressive in the Morricone department either....I think I have 6 Morricone CD's in my entire collection!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Which even outnumbers your John Barry "collection" wink

Oddly enough, My Danny Elfman collection outnumbers your Goldsmith's shocked cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Oddly enough, My Danny Elfman collection outnumbers your Goldsmith's shocked cheesy

You have more than 21 Elfmans? That IS a surprise!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Thor, you interested in Mulan? that's actually one I'm willing to let go, the official release that is. I have the promo and that's all I'll ever need. If I knew this a few weeks ago, I would have brought it with me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor, you interested in Mulan? that's actually one I'm willing to let go, the official release that is. I have the promo and that's all I'll ever need. If I knew this a few weeks ago, I would have brought it with me.

It's actually the official release I'm interested in, not the promo. Oh well, too bad about that, but I think I can find it relatively cheaply on the net. Thanks for the thought, though! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  7. OK then, the offer still stands should you not find it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

You have more than 21 Elfmans? That IS a surprise!

oops! No. I actually have 15 Elfman's.
  8. I have Batman & Sommersby, and two compilations.

Not exactly an Elfmaniac here. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, there's only 4 of them I want to keep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Hm, I just realized that I have Alice in Wonderland lying around here somewhere, and I don't know if I have ever listened to it! It came in the mail with a broken jewel case, and I think I put it somewhere to remember to replace the case, but I think I just forgot back then and never got around to it... Damn, how could I forget? spin spin spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Manwe wrote
    Hm, I just realized that I have Alice in Wonderland lying around here somewhere, and I don't know if I have ever listened to it! It came in the mail with a broken jewel case, and I think I put it somewhere to remember to replace the case, but I think I just forgot back then and never got around to it... Damn, how could I forget? spin spin spin

It's a fine score. Dig it out!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I agree with Thor, it's a great score, the main theme is one of the best I've heard in the 00's.
  9. Posted today at FSM by Bruce Kimmel (Kritzerland):

How about CARRIE?

Wait a minute - haven't there already been two CD releases of Carrie? Who would want THAT one? UNLESS - UNLESS - well, it couldn't happen so why dream. UNLESS someone found the entire score - now THAT would be a major deal, I should think - I mean, the LP and previous CD releases only contained music from the second half of the film (save for the main title), and ran only thirty-five minutes. What about the twenty-five minutes of music from the first half of the film? If some label were to put out a two CD special edition - the complete score (for the first time ever, plus a couple of bonus tracks, close to an hour of music total, all from the four-track session masters) and included the album presentation remastered and kept the price as a one CD set - well, I certainly would buy at least two copies, given that I happen to think that the score is one of the best horror scores ever written and that the film is so iconic and brilliant.

Wow, let me know when I can order it!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. And the Varese CD Club is ready to strike again:

A final, modest batch of CD Club titles will close out our year and be announced on November 22.
  11. Still a few days off though.
  12. An update from LLLR on some of their coming titles (as you can se,, not all are mentioned):

After receiving numerous emails and phone calls (not to mention various posts and/or gripes on other message boards) we have decided to give you some updates on a few of our previously announced projects:

X-Files - Mr Snow was putting the finishing touches on this massive project, but was called away recently to go work on that new Tom Selleck tv show (DAMN YOU MAGNUM!!!!) We hope to have it out 1st quarter 2011. You never can tell with projects like this. We ask that you please be patient. It is still coming, but its out of our hands at the moment.

Jade and Clue - great things are afoot at Paramount! We might see these this year, or perhaps 1st quarter 2011. Only time will tell. More Paramount greatness is also on hand for the coming year

Storyteller - man, this is the forever and a day project. I think this now sets the record for the longest we ever spent on a project (5 years). lol We hope to see it come out sometime in 2011

Batman Returns - as you can expect Mr Elfman and company were very busy with that massive box set coming out at X-Mas and it kinda put a damper on our entire BR release schedule. However, all is good in Gotham now and we might see the caped crusader and his rogue's gallery on our La La Land shelf in the coming months.

That just about covers it.

After a long discussion Matt and I have agreed to play things close to the vest from here on out because you never know what's gonna happen with a cd release. Back in July, when LLL made that grand announcement regarding upcoming projects for the rest of 2010 we felt very confident ALL of these titles would be making their debut before X-Mas. Boy, were we wrong! LOL. Lesson learned.

The coming year has some AMAZING TITLES coming from the Land of La-La including our 200th release! We will also be making a massive update to our website as well as possibly announcing some non soundtrack related news.

See you back here soon!

Best,
    MV