• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. litefoot wrote
    There's a ton of unreleased stuff out there but I suspect they don't believe it would sell in sufficient quantities, or they're not interested.

One example would be the huge swathe of animated Marvel cartoons from the 80s. They're owned by Disney now, so Intrada would theoretically have access, but they've not released any animated television at all.

Ironically it's the kind of thing La La Land would go for but only Intrada have access to the Disney vaults.

If the tapes with that music even survived.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. When we last heard about the on-going "Volunteers" score saga from Intrada: the licensor didn't seem interested. An update from April 3 from Roger:

Licensor totally not interested. Very frustrating! But we do have Horner on the horizon.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2017
    litefoot wrote
    One example would be the huge swathe of animated Marvel cartoons from the 80s. They're owned by Disney now, so Intrada would theoretically have access, but they've not released any animated television at all.

Didn't they release the DUCKTALES thingie recently?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2017 edited
    Thor wrote
    litefoot wrote

Didn't they release the DUCKTALES thingie recently?

Treasure of the Lost Lamp was released in cinemas. Same goes for Transformers: The Movie. These two Intrada releases are the closest we've come to animated television releases from the label.

I would assume that the masters for Disney's own shows - Ducktales, TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, and Gummi Bears - all survive. Most 1980s Marvel productions are now owned by Disney and include Spider-Man, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, The Incredible Hulk, Dungeons and Dragons, Muppet Babies and Defenders of the Earth. So Intrada theoretically has access to all this.

Some Marvel productions that Disney don't own include Fraggle Rock (Jim Henson Productions owns this one), Transformers, GI Joe, Jem, Visionaries and My Little Pony (all owned by Hasbro).

Moving away from Disney, there's the Filmation stuff, which includes He-Man, She-Ra, Star Trek Animated and Bravestarr. Most of these shows were owned by Hallmark at one point, who allegedly destroyed a lot of material (The LLL release of Star Trek was only the stems for example) but He-Man somehow survived.

There's a load of DiC stuff including Ulysses 31, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Inspector Gadget, Pole Position, Heathcliff, Rainbow Brite, Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors, M.A.S.K., Kissyfur, The Real Ghostbusters, Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin and ALF.

Then there's Teenage Mutant Hero (Ninja) Turtles, owned by Fred Wolf Productions, The Raccoons, owned by Entertainment Group...

The list is seemingly endless.

I was thrilled that LLL released He-Man. And someone managed to get a complete release of Ulysses 31 out of DiC France. So, we've had some good stuff. We also know from MV Gerhard that Thundercats was impossible due to rights issues, and apparently Johnny Douglas said some years back that the Spider-Man music is lost. There's a Transformers CD on the horizon but it seems to be permanently bogged down by Hasbro issues.

But the rest? We know nothing. For all we know, 90% is in the vaults of the above companies gathering dust. And there is so much of it!

I'd love to know one way or another about all these titles, but, you know... they can't ALL be unlicensable, can they?

It's a huge genre that is, for the most part, untouched. And that's why I get disappointed when I see all these reissues and small expansions on a regular basis.

My fear is, that with the CD market shrinking, the labels no longer regard this stuff as worth going after, and it's SUCH a shame.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    justin boggan wrote
    When we last heard about the on-going "Volunteers" score saga from Intrada: the licensor didn't seem interested. An update from April 3 from Roger:

Licensor totally not interested. Very frustrating! But we do have Horner on the horizon.

I stay positive that the time for Volunteers will come! In the meantime: bring on the other Horner release(s)!!smile
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    In the meantime: bring on the other Horner release(s)!!smile

I've been looking into what 80s Horner stuff is left (I prefer his earlier work). Here's a complete list of 80s Horner... hopefully some of this is coming!

Humanoids from the Deep - released by BSX.
    The Hand, Deadly Blessing, Battle Beyond The Stars - Horner declined. Still not coming apparently.
    Wolfen - released by Intrada.
    The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper - a possibility. Never been ruled out.
    Star Trek II - released by FSM.
    48 Hrs - released by Intrada.
    Space Raiders - stock music from Battle Beyond The Stars.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes - released by Intrada a while ago, but now fetches silly prices and a reissue may be possible?

Krull - released twice by La La Land Records.
    Brainstorm - Varese in perpetuity.
    Testament - released by FSM.
    The Dresser - score is only 10-15 mins... maybe tie it to something else?
    Gorky Park - released by Intrada and Kritzerland.
    Uncommon Valor - released by Intrada.
    Star Trek III - released by FSM.
    Heaven Help Us - unreleased. Horner wrote three scores apparently. A possibility.
    Cocoon - released by Intrada.
    Volunteers - licensor declined.

The Journey of Natty Gann - released by Intrada a while ago, but a reissue might be possible? One of my favourite soundtrack albums ever.
    Commando - released by Varese CD Club and La La Land.
    Off Beat - another possibility.
    Aliens - released by Varese in 2001. Not much scope to be redone.
    Where The River Runs Black - Varese Encore release in 2015.
    The Name of the Rose - No release since initial album. Possible expansion?
    An American Tail - released by MCA at the time, and Intrada like doing MCA titles, so this is a distinct possibility!
    PK and the Kid - Unreleased. A possibility?
    Project X - released by Varese CD Club in 2001. No idea if they have this in perp.
    *batteries not included - another MCA title so this could be something they're working on.

Willow - now owned by Disney so a real possibility for Intrada.
    Red Heat - 44 minute CD release in 1988 but nothing since. Only nine mins missing so would it be worthy of expansion?
    Vibes - had a Varese Encore release, and according to Ford Thaxton this is all that survives.
    The Land Before Time - I'd suggest this is the unexpanded 80s Horner title most people want, and it's MCA Records again, so a real chance of Intrada tackling it...
    Cocoon: The Return - Varese CD Club release last year.
    Field of Dreams - 50m album released at the time. Only 5-10 mins missing so is it worth an expansion?
    Honey, I Shrunk The Kids - released by Intrada.
    In Country - released by Intrada.
    Dad - 40 min MCA release at the time. Another possibility.
    Glory - 43 minute album released at the time. Yet another possibility.

40 1980s titles in all:

20 have had 'final word' releases.
    4 are unavailable
    1 uses stock music
    1 confirmed Varese in perp

So I'd say that leaves 14 possibles, plus reissues if there's a demand.

What do you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I actually did a complete listing of completely unreleased Horner on FSM (as you know, I have no interest in expansions and such):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Willow 2 discs remastered and expanded + alternates would be so immediately ordered.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    Thor wrote
    I actually did a complete listing of completely unreleased Horner on FSM (as you know, I have no interest in expansions and such):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Thanks Thor. I didn't include the shorts and his TV stuff in my list!

I much prefer his early 80s stuff (the two Treks and Natty Gann) to what came later.

Intrada seems to be the main source for Horner stuff. I'm absolutely convinced that Intrada are working on loads of his titles that initially came out on MCA Records. But there's something about MCA/UMG projects that take ages to sort out... MV said Beverly Hills Cop took six years! And back in 2013 Intrada gave a hint they were working on Apollo 13 and Out of Africa (Barry).... both MCA releases... that was four yearsa go! They must surely be imminent. So I'm expecting loads of MCA Horner over the next couple of years.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017
    MV has confirmed the next two releases after Katie Elder are a Wonder Woman 3-CD set and The X-Files mini-series 2-CD set. Second release of April and first release of May. They may swap around.
  4. Long time in production:

Available from Laurel Records: http://www.laurelrecord.com ($25.99)

"Laurel Records proudly announces the release of Music From THE RIFLEMAN® Television
    Series composed by Herschel Burke Gilbert. The wildly popular Series ran from 1958 through
    1963. Reruns continue to this day. Conceived, produced, and directed by the team of Jules
    Levy, Arthur Gardner, and Arnold Laven, the show gained a devoted following. Particularly
    popular was the music, which was composed by veteran Hollywood composer Gilbert who
    had earned 3 Academy nominations for his film scores. So popular was the music that Gilbert
    occasionally received more fan mail for his scoring than the show’s star, Chuck Connors. This
    2 CD set contains cues originally written for the series (including the original and revised end
    titles) remastered from the original audio tapes plus a bonus CD of extras, including selected
    cues from Gilbert’s film scores used in the series, as well as vocals and extra materials not used
    on-screen. A 24-page booklet explains the history of the scoring and has lyrics to The Rifleman
    Song, which has never been heard before this release. Series video is available from LGLProductions
    (www.TheRifleman.net). This long awaited CD set of the original music is a must
    have for any fan of THE RIFLEMAN®"

Main CD
    1 Main Title (1:22)
    2 Mark's Theme (2:53)
    3 Mark's Fear+I'm Shot (1:38)
    4 Mark's Fun (1:01)
    5 The Rifleman (0:54)
    6 Dramatic Buildup (0:56)
    7 McCain's Chase (4:00)
    8 Stagecoach Trouble (1:20)
    9 Spurred Horses (1:26)
    10 McCain's Walk (1:06)
    11 Mark's Alright (1:23)
    12 Dirge (2:33)
    13 Timp & Horns (0:46)
    14 Mysterioso (2:04)
    15 Desert Walk (2:42)
    16 McCain & Son (1:20)
    17 Watch Out (1:24)
    18 The Bad Villain (2:05)
    19 Black Shadows (1:07)
    20 Lively & Rhythmic (2:10)
    21 Pensive (2:39)
    22 Evil Things A'Brewin (1:08)
    23 Lou Mallory (1:11)
    24 Emotional Buildup (1:33)
    25 First Act End (0:20)
    26 Love in a Laundry (4:38)
    27 Wilkins Clips Tracy (0:36)
    28 Jimmo Dies (2:43)
    29 Drunkard's Walk (1:20)
    30 Money Rejected (2:14)
    31 You Have a Baby (0:59)
    32 Tracy Please Come Home (1:50)
    33 End Title (Naked Hills) (0:27)
    34 New Rifleman End Credits (0:58)
    35 Four Star Fanfare (0:14)
    Total Time: (57:48)

BONUS CD
    1 Rifleman Song (1:54)
    2 Rifleman Song-Vocal Only (2:06)
    3 Something Special Song (1:17)
    4 Ballad of Jake Pardee (3:04)
    5 Hey Pa (2:06)
    6 Brother Rats (1:12)
    7 Man Eats Newspaper (1:21)
    8 Shorty Plays (0:50)
    9 Seasons Change Montage (1:07)
    10 Greg's Plan (2:24)
    11 Poison Pills (0:45)
    12 The Prowler (1:21)
    13 Give Him The Needle (1:06)
    14 Killer in the News+Police Office (3:06)
    15 March to the Toilet+Follow That Man (2:32)
    16 Torn Suit/The Package (1:56)
    17 The Highwaywoman (1:59)
    18 Guilty or Not (1:53)
    19 I'm Leaving/Stalking A Killer (2:56)
    20 Vicenti Dies (4:32)
    21 Bank Hold-Up (2:25)
    22 Hide & Seek (3:54)
    23 Catch Him!/The Fight (1:33)
    24 Hidden Microphone (4:06)
    25 Assembling an Episode-Young Man's Fancy (2:44)
    26 Rifleman Suite for Band (6:58)
    Total Time: (61:44)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. The new Quartet release of "The White Buffalo" (expanded Barry score and the rejected Shire score) is almost gone; posted today at FSM by the label head:

Less than 200 units remaining
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017
    This one came right under my radar...

Scott of The Antarctic complete score

Can't wait to hear this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. There are 75 or fewer copies of "The Dove" (John Barry) remaining at Intrada.

And 100 or fewer of "Indecent Proposal" (John Barry).
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9619/.f
  7. Elmer Bernstein's final score is up for pre-order:

1,000 edition
    Composed and conducted by Elmer Bernstein

• CECIL B. DeMILLE: AMERICAN EPIC was a feature documentary about the life and career of one of Hollywood’s great showmen, Cecil B. DeMille, director and producer of 88 films, including THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE KING OF KINGS, THE GODLESS GIRL, THE BUCCANEER, SAMSON AND DELILAH, THE PLAINSMAN.
    • The documentary was produced by Photoplay Productions, best known for their restorations of such silent film classics as NAPOLEON, BENHUR, THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE, NOSFERATU, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.
    • Kenneth Branagh narrated the documentary, which featured interviews with, among others, Martin Scorsese, Charlton Heston, Angela Lansbury, Steven Spielberg and Elmer Bernstein, who of course scored DeMille’s ultimate epic, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.
    • CECIL B. DeMILLE: AMERICAN EPIC was the last full score composed by Elmer Bernstein in 2003 before his untimely death the following year.
    • Recorded and Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted by Elmer Bernstein, the score plays like a “greatest hits” of the style and imagination of such a revered composer.
    • Featured Bonus: Concert Suite from THE TEN COMMANMENTS
    • Booklet includes personal notes and reminiscences from Peter Bernstein (Elmer’s son), Patrick Stanbury of Photoplay Productions and James Fitzpatrick.

1. MAIN TITLES: EPISODE 1 (0:51)
    2. A DEATH ECHOES AROUND THE WORLD / CHILDHOOD (4:31)
    3. THE SQUAW MAN / INCREDIBLE ENERGY (2:08)
    4. KINDLING / THE CHEAT / THE GOLDEN CHANCE (3:34)
    5. JOAN THE WOMAN (1:17)
    6. LASKY HOME GUARD – “THE THUNDERER” (John Philip Sousa arr. Bernstein) (1:17)
    7. THE LITTLE AMERICAN / THE LUSITANIA (1:28)
    8. STUNT FLYER / YOUNG BULL (2:40)
    9. THE JAZZ AGE / “BY THE BEAUTIFUL SEA” (Carroll/Atteridge arr. Bernstein) / A PRIVATE WORLD (2:03)
    10. GLORIA SWANSON / MALE & FEMALE (2:29)
    11. BATHROOMS & FASHION / DeMILLE & WOMEN (3:42)
    12. CB’s DAYDREAMS (1:54)
    13. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS – 1923 (4:20)
    14. SORROWS OF SATAN (1:15)
    15. THE KING OF KINGS (1:53)
    16. THE GODLESS GIRL (2:20)
    17. HOLLYWOOD OUTCAST / END TITLES: EPISODE 1 (3:11)
    18. MAIN TITLES: EPISODE 2 (0:49)
    19. “SONG OF THE VOLGA BOATMEN” (Trad. arr. Bernstein) (0:55) 20. NO HELP WANTED / ATOM BOMB / RED MENACE (4:07)
    21. THE DeMILLE FAMILY / HESTON’S CAREER (2:14)
    22. HEART ATTACK / A PERSONAL LOSS (2:58)
    23. END TITLES: EPISODE 2 (2:41)

BONUS TRACK
    24. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS – 1956 (CONCERT SUITE) (7:54)

Order from:

Tadlow Music:
    www.tadlowmusic.com

SAE:
    www.screenarchives.com

Release street date: June 14, 2017
  8. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until June 19 to get the following from Intrada:

"Homeward Bound II" (Bruce Broughton)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10209/.f

"Candleshoe" (Ron Goodwin)

EDIT: The Broughton title is now listed as sold out.
  9. Update from La La Land Records:

Just to bring you guys up to date

July 5 we start taking orders again on the 2nd and final batch of the Star Trek TMP Vinyl. I have a feeling those 500 units will go at Warp Speed.

July 11 we have 4 releases planned:

The Great Race
    Transformers The Last Knight
    Release #3 (being manufactured)
    Release #4 (still in approval stage)

We might have a 5th release if it gets approved on time. If not, our next release date after July 11 is August 1.

Thanks

MV
  10. A future La La Land Records title revealed:

La La Land Records:

I would also buy in a flash an expanded release of the score from DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS!

We have been working on Devil for about 6 years. Looks like things are finally starting to fall into place for a 2018 release.

MV
  11. Coming from La La Land Records eventually:

The conversation usually goes something like this at a label: "Should we expand An American Tail or Unlawful Entry first?" "Unlawful Entry, OF COURSE." As I've said before, if it was easy, it'd be done. Both Land Before Time and American Tail have been on our list with UMG for years. They'll eventually get done, but these co-productions between UMG and Universal take a lot of time and patience.

Not coming any time soon: The score to the original "3:10 to Yuma" remastered.

Posted by Bruce Kimmel (Kritzerland Records) over at FSM:

There are times when I almost want to post the Columbia guy's name here so everyone can write and ask him why he could never be bothered to take Kritzerland's dough, no matter how hard I tried or how many times I wrote or how many projects I said I'd like to do. They've dealt with others, certainly, but we could never even get a reasonable response - I called him on it once and he said it would be fine, and then nothing would ever happen. I find it ridiculous.
  12. On the sales of recent LLLR'[s/b] titles, posted by [b]MV at the JWFan.com forum:

Wonder Woman and X Files were huge and outsold Twister thus far. Voyager is a close 3rd.

And an update:

Braveheart will be back early august. It's not cheap to buy finished goods

And an older sales update from March 4 this year:

Sales have been great. Better than most 1st quarters

Twister - nearly 2000 units so far

Cliffhanger - 1000 units so far

Star Trek Voyager - nearly 1000 units...over 500 on our website alone!

Star trek LP - an amazing response. Looking like it might go fast

Die Hard - our most requested reissue

The only stinker was Justice League Dark but that was a given.

Numbers and facts matter. You may think they aren't super exciting but a lot of our customers do.
  13. Releases coming from the newbie label NoteforNote:

The following soundtracks have agreements/deals in place and will be released in the coming months:

•Holocaust w/ World War I by Morton Gould

•The Silencers by Elmer Bernstein

•Bunyan & Babe by Zoe and Angel Roche featuring the theme by Basil Poledouris

<...> - about non-soundtrack music

Other deals are in the works and we will update with release dates once each title is close to being finished.

Thanks for all of your support on Thelma & Louise

And according to a poster (who didn't cite the quote):

Notefornote announced that they are releasing Frank Comstock's 1962 outer space masterpiece "Project Comstock: Music from Outer Space" and other instrumental LPs from WB.
  14. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until July 31 to get the following from Intrada:

"The Other Side of Midnight" (Legrand)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9012/.f

and

"To Catch A Thief" / "Bridges at Toko-Ri" (Lyn Murray)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8529/.f
  15. Looks like THE WALKING DEAD is finally getting a score release later this year.

Never seen an episode so I don't know if this is a good thing or not. But there's certainly been a lot of social media traffic wanting a release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  16. 100 of fewer copies of "Gorky Park" remaining.
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8971/.f
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Looks like THE WALKING DEAD is finally getting a score release later this year.

Never seen an episode so I don't know if this is a good thing or not. But there's certainly been a lot of social media traffic wanting a release.

I love the show, but I'm not sure there's much interesting music on its own. I certainly can't think of any standout tracks. Mostly suspense drones. But I'll no doubt check it out when it's released.
    I am extremely serious.
  17. FalkirkBairn wrote

It supports the gritty action and drama but nothing that would make want to hear the music on its own. Most of it is pretty boring to be honest.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I love the show, but I'm not sure there's much interesting music on its own. I certainly can't think of any standout tracks. Mostly suspense drones. But I'll no doubt check it out when it's released.

Green!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017
    He, he...yeah, there's that. Saw your post on McCreary's facebook page....and his reponse. Funny! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  18. Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

:kazoo:

If the music is so-so, then it must be the kazoo that is responsible for the discussions over the years surrounding this score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  19. Updates from NotetoNote today at the FSM forum (and advise sought):

Hi guys, still here. Bunyan and Babe is scheduled to be released on September 8. We signed a distribution deal for mainstream releases and digital only projects with a national distributor who can help us get these into Amazon and Alliance (the biggest "one-stop" in the world).

Updates:

Bunyan & Babe - Sept 8. You can preorder at Amazon right now if you like: https://www.amazon.com/Bunyan-Babe-Zoe- … n+and+babe

2 limited edition titles I can't disclose until we know the tape situation (when we do know the situation, and a deal is in place, I will announce). I am of the school of thought where if I am not happy with the quality, I won't go forward and I'll eat the costs of whatever went into any prep work if need be. If it sounds good, we'll do it. If it's something we can add onto or improve, we'll do it. One will be a 1,000 CD release, the other will be a 2,000 release because we believe it's something cool if it is approved. No guarantees on the 2,000 title but the 1,000 release is coming along to a point we will announce soon if all looks positive.

Holocaust & WWI - Waiting on Sony Music so we should begin work on this for 4th Quarter. This will be a limited, website only release.

Frank Comstock 2 album combo CD - Once we get done with a pop reissue we are working on, this one is next up from our multi-release agreement with Rhino. I am hoping they have quality transfers in which to work from. This will go through the distributor so it will be available from places like Amazon and the like.

We are making some deals for recent indie film projects from composers we really like. Unfortunately they will be digital BUT I will attempt to make sure we have lossless versions available through our website once we figure out how the shopping cart manages the orders/delivery. I thought about putting them up through a disc on demand service but not sure how people react to that sort of thing and I know all the people I know at labels tell me demand is not all that great for these things for the time and cost we will need to put in to get it up there. If demand is there, we may do limited pressed CDs. Can't disclose them yet until the deals are cemented.

We decided to pass on The Silencers due to Vocalion spoiling the U.S. market (of which they don't have the rights to do this) and Sony only lets us sell in the USA and Canada. Sorry to anybody who wanted it but their version is still for sale last I checked and it's good in my opinion. I personally prefer the 24/192 digital version on Acoustic Sounds' website.

Lastly, I'd love some feedback. We are toying with the idea of digging deep into studio and label vaults for projects that don't look like "home runs" from a sell out perspective of 1,000-2,000 limited editions. Our thought is to do a very limited run of 500-750 copies and price accordingly through our website (we wouldn't offer these at a wholesale rate either), which means we may have to charge $24.99 just to ensure a decent return should all sell out.

The issue we notice, and I know the other labels see it too, is that 1,000 may be too cost prohibitive to do for many of these releases with tape transfers, good mastering, art, large upfront advances and so forth which means either these scores never see the light of day or we can take a crack with the knowledge fans who really want them, will pay for them with the knowledge we will do our darndest to ensure the best quality release we can get from existing sources.

Now having said all that...I cannot guarantee that after a release sells out some other label decides to reissue the release BUT I sense the days of the same release being issued over and over at different labels with slight tweaks may be coming to an end (my opinion, sorry to anybody who disagrees).

Love to hear thoughts, and PLEASE...this is not set in stone nor are we trying to come up with ways to gouge soundtrack fans. I just want honest opinions in which to make a decision. If you hate it, tell us, but please give advice in the spirit for which we asked for it. I sense the one thing I will hear is the overseas customers will not be too thrilled as the shipping is what it is from the USA to the world abroad.

Thank you