• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2017 edited
    HOPEFULLY upcoming CD: Miklos Rozsa's King Of Kings re-recording by James Fitzpatrick.
    It's on Kickstarter now to gather funds, folks, so do contribute if you can!
    This will be really quite the release if he can pull it off!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Yes! Done. Let's hope this will get real!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Over £7,000 pledged already! I hope that the momentum keeps going for this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2017
    I thought every one of Rosza's epic religious scores had been re-recorded? uhm

Anyway, I vote for Horner's Battle Beyond the Stars. That I would pay for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2017
    Steven wrote

Hell, yeah!

I love Rozsa, but come on! Enough already.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Start a Kickstarter campaign and hire people to record it once the funds have been raised?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Hell, yeah!

I love Rozsa, but come on! Enough already.

There is no re-recording of King Of Kings.
    There are two archival recordings by Rozsa himself) one mono, one stereo. That's it. And the quality is not even vaguely on par with that of the Decca Ben Hur.
    King Of Kings is a prime candidate for re-recording.

So after this: yeah, done (and Ben Hur really wasn't necessary, I can now say having heard it).
    But this NEEDS to happen.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017
    OK, I'll take it back. I thought there was one. I have this, though, which I've always found brilliant, both performance-wise and sound-wise (for the time).

But sure, a new one in sparkling sound -- where I could program the tracks to the edition I own -- would be sweet.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. La-La-Land:
    TITANIC (Horner) 4CD
    Apocalypse Now! (Shire) - unused
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Williams)
    Die Another Day (Arnold)
    Doctor Dolittle (Bricusse)

Titanic is tempting, as I am a massive fan of the score. On the other side the remastered 3 CD set covers much of it and sounds great, so maybe not.
    EDIT: I just compared this to the content of the 3 Disc Collector's Anniversary Edition and I believe that it covers everything I'd ever want from that score and overall soundtrack.
    Apocalypse Now!: I have much respect for Shire and the film, so I might look into this.
    Close Encounters: Hell, yeah! Absolutely!
    Die Another Day: I have to revisit that score, but probably not.
    Doctor Dolittle: I know nothing about this whatsoever.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2017
    The APOCALYPSE NOW release is intriguing. The others, I couldn't care less about.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    The APOCALYPSE NOW release is intriguing. The others, I couldn't care less about.

Huh. I don't have the quote in front of me, but I remember you saying you had no interest in rejected scores.

No interest except when you have interest.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. It might be just because of the film itself. Even if I have some slight interest in rejected scores (I'd still like to hear Jankel's American K2 score, some Goldsmith stuff I'd like to hear... and definitely Corigliano's Edge of Darkness). But the fact that it's Apocalypse Now definitely piques MY interest.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. The guards at the James bond score gates might let La La Land Records in:

I can honestly say I was turned down by Madonna! smile

Eon is looking closely at this release and it's pending success. If this does well, 2018 is gonna be looking up!

MV

That's of course in reference to "Die Another Day", the complete score by Arnold which they just announced Friday.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2017 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Thor wrote

Huh. I don't have the quote in front of me, but I remember you saying you had no interest in rejected scores.

No interest except when you have interest.

I'm not as obsessed with it as you are, true, but it's fascinating when you actually have the ability to compare two different scores. Most of the time, the rejected scores are unheard and just a historical anecdote. If you remember, I even did a special podcast episode on this awhile back.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. The "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV scores boxset is due, according to MV, on:

Jan 23, 2018

smile

EDIT:
    Also due that month, Volume 2 of "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine".
  9. Intrada's single disc release for this month is "Damnation Alley". Both I and an FSM member found the first (of three) samples Roger teased with at the Intrada forum.

Jerry Goldsmith was on fire back then.
  10. For the Zimmerites; posted today at the FSM forum:

All authorized Zimmer titles are on hold until Mr Zimmer is done touring and decides what to do with his vast library. We have many ideas that have been discussed (albiet briefly) with his associates. We hope to give Mr Zimmer's works the same treatment we have given to Mr Williams'.

MV
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017
    I was straight in for the Bond, even though it's mega expensive. Eon is watching to see how it does. We need to give them some encouragement if we want more
  11. Bond wise I think I am fine with the edition Lukas Kendall supervised. (Or I think he did.)

Volker
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017
    Captain Future wrote
    Bond wise I think I am fine with the edition Lukas Kendall supervised. (Or I think he did.)

Volker

He didn't supervise the DAD album or indeed any of the Arnold Bonds - it was the older films he handled, which came out around the same time as DAD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017
    No Lukas. I am your DAD.

Never mind me. Just passing through.
  12. Well, we've finally answered the question: Who's your DADdy.

Or if we were in Canada: Hooiser DADdy.
  13. Wouldn't that be Indiana?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2017
    No, they called the DOG Indiana!
  14. Not sure where else to post it, but we just found out at the FSM forum that MV's house has burned down over in California, along with his parent's house.

MV, Michael Gerhard -- La La Land Records.

sad
  15. He's alive and his family is OK, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2017
    Due to the forest fires there?
    Kazoo
  16. Apparently, yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2017 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He's alive and his family is OK, though.

Yeah, thanks for specifying. Geez, Justin -- a bit of crucial information you left out there.

Glad to hear he's OK. Hope they all have great insurances, so that the material costs can be covered (although obviously not the emotional).
    I am extremely serious.
  17. Doesn't anybody think if he had died I would have said that? Or have posted it in the R.I.P. thread?

Talk about "geez"...