• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    Doesn't anybody think if he had died I would have said that? Or have posted it in the R.I.P. thread?

Talk about "geez"...

I have to admit that, reading the original post Justin, the thought never occurred to me that you were reporting that anyone had been killed. Like you said, if someone had died, I am sure you would have said that.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2017 edited
    It's customary to say a few words about the condition of the person when you report things like that, like "no one was harmed".
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    It's customary to say a few words about the condition of the person when you report things like that, like "no one was harmed".

Really? Maybe for those needing their information spoon fed to them perhaps. Justin did mention that it was the house that burnt down. The assumption is that people were ok.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2017
    No, I disagree. It has nothing to do with 'spoon-feeding'. When you say a house is destroyed in a fire, the first thing people want to know is "is everyone ok?". So you get ahead of the proceedings by saying it upfront. It's the corteous and customary thing to do, whether you're a news reporter or just a regular person relating a piece of news.

Anyways, no harm done. It seems like MV and his family are all OK, physically.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2017 edited
    Thor wrote
    No, I disagree. It has nothing to do with 'spoon-feeding'. When you say a house is destroyed in a fire, the first thing people want to know is "is everyone ok?". So you get ahead of the proceedings by saying it upfront. It's the corteous and customary thing to do, whether you're a news reporter or just a regular person relating a piece of news.

Anyways, no harm done. It seems like MV and his family are all OK, physically.

There'a 'Go Fund Me' campaign been started and donations can be made here:

gf.me/u/fg9aiz

and another one here:

gf.me/u/fg9kgn
  3. The complete score to "The Russia House" has been released by Quartet Records. Features an additional fifteen minutes of unreleased score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. PlantSounds hopes to have "Vahalla" out in March.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. wrong thread
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  6. Correct thread.
  7. Un update on Volume 2 of "Thriller" from Tadlow, today at the FSM forum:

THRILLER 2 sessions Dec 15/16 in Prague
  8. justin boggan wrote
    Correct thread.

I think Volker was referring to something he posted himself and then edited, not to your post, Justin.
  9. That's right. It belonged in the "Now Playing" thread. smile
  10. What ever he posted, I never saw. I only saw his "wrong thread" shortly after I posted above it.
  11. Well, what does it matter?
  12. Because Justin thought you accused him of posting in the wrong thread, an offense probably punishable by death.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. I simply thought he was replying to me when another member said he was replying to himself. The real offense is Pawel's post above.

Anyway, back to the topic...

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" (rejected) is now SOLD OUT at Intrada. Went bye-bye in the last few days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2017
    Doctor Who Season 9 is going to be released! WITH A WHOLE CD OF HEAVEN SENT!

Murray Gold was the composer who got me interested in soundtrack music; this is great news for me! :D
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  14. A few years ago I'd be more excited than I am. But for some reason I find myself liking Murray Gold's music less and less as the years go by (and I don't only mean the newer seasons are not as good as the older ones, although that is certainly true - but I find myself enjoying the older seasons less as well). Not sure what's up. slant
  15. I always found Gold to be on the easy listening side. Pleasant to listen to but without leaving much of an impression. There are really great cues in between though.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2017
    Aidabaida wrote
    Doctor Who Season 9 is going to be released! WITH A WHOLE CD OF HEAVEN SENT!

Murray Gold was the composer who got me interested in soundtrack music; this is great news for me! :D

I'm happy that they're FINALLY releasing music from this season...but a 4-CD set seems like massive overkill.
    My favourite, most listenable release is still the first one in the series...which comprised season 1 and 2 on one (!) CD.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2017 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    A few years ago I'd be more excited than I am. But for some reason I find myself liking Murray Gold's music less and less as the years go by (and I don't only mean the newer seasons are not as good as the older ones, although that is certainly true - but I find myself enjoying the older seasons less as well). Not sure what's up. slant

ah, well, I'm sure you'll begin to enjoy it again someday.

Anyway I'm gonna be gone on a short trip for the next week! See you all!
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  16. Not sure if I posted it or not and I don't want to go back through all my comments, but back in 2017 a user at the Intrada forum made a list of titles he'd want to have:

Blood In Blood Out (Conti)
    Spy Hard (Conti)
    Tex (Donaggio)
    Cool Runnings (Zimmer & Glennie-Smith)
    The Preacher's Wife (Zimmer)
    The War at Home (Poledouris)
    Celtic Pride (Poledouris)
    Phenomenon (Thomas Newman)
    Deceived (Thomas Newman)
    Stakeout (Rubinstein)
    Another Stakeout (Rubinstein)
    An Innocent Man (Shore)
    Aspen Extreme (Convertino)

To which Roger replied on May 19, 2017:

Two of those are cleared and in our schedule...although not sure when they would be out...possibly next year.

And none of those have come out yet.
  17. And the score missing from the new "Robin Hood" release from Intrada:

For those asking about completeness, here's what is missing that could not be found on any source, anywhere:

01M04 - And His Merry Men (5:08) DVD: 0:05:57 - 0:10:47

Plays from Robin and Azeem's budding friendship through the destruction of Locsley Manor.

02M02A - Arrow (1:15) DVD: 0:17:54 - 0:19:06

Plays as Robin saves the child in the tree from Gisborne. Sounds very much like a construct.

09M01A - "Wild Times" (:38) DVD: 1:19:45 - 1:20:23

The film version of the Jeff Lynne pop song from the album.

10M00B - "Medieval Dance Source #3" (1:12) DVD: 1:25:03 - 1:26:09

12M01 - "Marriage Plans / Robin's Alive" (4:53) DVD: 1:41:18 - 1:46:04

Plays from Sheriff's forced marriage proposal to Sheriff telling Marian Robin is Dead, to Robin's survival.

13M01C - Hangman's Drums (1:51) DVD: 1:57:00 - 1:57:55

Just a repeating drum pattern. Nothing special here.

There's also a little bit of music that starts right at the beginning of the end credits and plays for 20 seconds before the Bryan Adams song kicks in. It's definitely dropped in, and frankly the edit is really bad.
  18. I guess this is a new label (I'm not going to look into if it is).

No, the opening and closing are not my mistakes -- I just copied & pasted it. They forgot to put something after "Dear" and "Stay connected,". Also, other mistakes. I guess they don't proof read their release announcements!

Dear,

We are very proud to announce our next releases (CD & LP), on preorder now at our website www.theomegaproductionsrecords.com

-----

Collection "Horreur à la française" - Volume 2 (TOP-008CD)

The Omega Productions Records presents the premiere CD release of Christopher Ried, "La Revanche Des Mortes Vivantes" a.k.a "The Living Dead" a.k.a "The Revenge Of The Living Dead Girls".

"La Revanche Des Mortes Vivantes" was made in 1986 by Pierre B. Reinhard and released on vinyl the same year by EPM Music. Promoted as France's first gore film, the motion picture is a consumate shocker of horror and sex that as grown into a legend as being one of the sickest and most perverse of zombie films.

"In France, the CEO of a chemical company looks to cheaply dispose of their plant's chemical waste. He and his secretary come up with the idea to dump it illegally. When the secretary contaminates a milk tanker, it causes several deaths in the town. The toxic waste, illegally dumped in a nearby graveyard, then causes the recently dead townspeople to rise as ravenous zombies, who seek revenge on the unscrupulous company and its employees.."

Directly taken from the original master tapes from Christian Bonneau/EPM Music and mastered by Julien Louvet, the release contains for the first time ever the full score from the motion picture, including "The Dead Suite". The 12 pages booklet also includes liner notes by John Bender and Christian Bonneau. New design by Lucas Giorgini.

Limited Collector’s Edition.

- Tracklist -

01 - Terror Shout
    02 - Phantasia
    03 - Occult Voices
    04 - Tomb Opening
    05 - Death Ceremonial
    06 - Slow Words
    07 - Mystic Empire
    08 - Space Wind
    09 - Grave
    10 - Cemetery
    11 - Day Of The Dead
    12 - Death Sounds

The Dead Suite :

13 - Death Moments (#1)
    14 - Death Moments (#2)
    15 - Death Moments (#3)
    16 - Death Moments (#4)
    17 - Death Moments (#5)

18 - Mystic Organ
    19 - Evil Blow
    20 - Odyssey
    21 - Doom

Total disc time: 42:29

Release date: 03/02/2018

Music composed by Christopher Ried,

Mastering: Julien Louvet & Christian Bonneau
    Editing: Lucas Giorgini
    Back design: Grégory Lê

® 1986. Samourai Films / Tanagra Productions
    © Lido-Melodies (SACEM Territories)
    © Christian Bonneau-Lélyarni Studio G.Ltd.
    © 2017. The Omega Productions (Records)
    Issued under licence by EPM Musique / FD Musique.

-----

Collection "Horreur à la française" - Volume 3 (TOP-009CD)

The Omega Productions Records presents the premiere CD release of Paul Piot & Michel Roy, "Il Était Une Fois Le Diable" a.k.a "Devil Story".

"Il Était Une Fois Le Diable" was made in 1985 by Bernard Launois. Also know as the strangest french film ever made.

"A zombie wearing a Nazi SS uniform terrorizes the French countryside."

Directly taken from the original master tapes from Bernard Launois and mastered by Julien Louvet, the release contains for the first time ever the full score from the motion picture, and 7 tracks non-including of the movie. The 12 pages booklet also includes liner notes by Rurik Sallé and exclusive photographs from the set. New design by Lucas Giorgini.

- Tracklist -

01 - Main Theme (Devil Story)
    02 - Normandy Land
    03 - The Boat Legend
    04 - Castle Theme (Toccata And Fugue In D Minor: BWV 565)
    05 - The Chase
    06 - Main Theme (Reprise)
    07 - Normandy Land (Reprise)

Unreleased Suite :

08 - Unreleased Track #1
    09 - Unreleased Track #2
    10 - Unreleased Track #3
    11 - Unreleased Track #4
    12 - Unreleased Track #5
    13 - Unreleased Track #6
    14 - Unreleased Track #7

Total disc time: 51:30
    crédits
    paraît le 30 mars 2018

Music composed by Paul Piot & Michel Roy,

Mastering: Julien Louvet
    Liner notes: Rurik Sallé

-----

Collection "Horreur à la française" - Volume 4 (TOP-010CD)

The Omega Productions Records presents the premiere CD release of Jean Richard, "Ogroff" a.k.a "Mad Mutilator"... in double feature with Patrick Giordano, "Trepanator".

"Ogroff" was made in 1983 by Norbert Moutier as some sort of new french "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Shot in Super 8 and starring Howard Vernon, the result is an obscure cult amateur, non-sensical and bizarre movie filled with love for B-movies. 9 years later, Moutier came back with "Trepanator", shot directly to video and starring Jean Rollin and William Lustig. If the result seems to be better,with more money, the french madness is still present !

Ogroff:

"For Ogroff, the mad lumberjack, the war is not over yet. Having suffered trepanation and ablated in one eye during the war Ogroff continues the fight by brutally killing anyone who enters the forest where he now resides. That is until one woman catches his eye and things get even weirder! Friends, families, kids, cars – no one and no thing is safe from the Mad Mutilator!"

Trepanator:

"In a European dungeon, a scientist conducts experiments involving severed body parts."

Directly taken from the original master tapes from Jean Richard and Patrick Giordano, mastered by Julien Louvet, the release contains for the first time ever the full score from the two motions pictures. The 12 pages booklet also includes liner notes by Alain Petit and Bruno Terrier. New design by Lucas Giorgini.

- Tracklist -

01 - Mad Mutilator (Rasta Reapper)
    02 - The Chase
    03 - Ogroff's Electronic Suite
    04 - Trepanator (Main Titles)
    05 - Trepanator (Seq. 2)
    06 - Trepanator (Seq. 3)
    07 - Trepanator (Seq. 4)
    08 - Trepanator (Seq. 5)
    09 - Trepanator (Seq. 6)
    10 - Trepanator (Seq. 7)
    11 - Trepanator (Seq. 8)
    12 - Trepanator (Seq. 9)
    13 - Trepanator (Seq. 10)
    14 - Trepanator (Seq. 11)
    15 - Trepanator (Seq. 12)
    16 - Trepanator (Seq. 13)
    17 - Trepanator (End Titles)

Total disc time : 49:16

Release date: 04/21/2018

Music composed by Jean Richard & Patrick Giordano,

Mastering: Julien Louvet

-----

SHOP : www.theomegaproductionsrecords.com

Stay connected,
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2018 edited
    Roger Feigelson has confirmed that Intrada's next release is the 3-CD Disney set alluded to by Doug Fake last year. Here are Doug's comments:

August 2017 - "I'm sorta getting my fill of this one and am anxious to move on to my next project, still another action-packed masterpiece, this time from the Disney vaults."

October 2017, in the 'clue' thread for Troy and Shogun - "Yes, I teased about a massive score with a lot of brass and indeed was feeling ready to move on to my next project from Disney, ironically an equally big project. But to keep everyone on their toes, neither the one I teased about (now completed) nor the subsequent Disney score (currently assembled into a 3-CD set and being mastered as I write) are the projects under discussion in this thread. Yep. That's right. The two titles Roger gives a nod to (both epics in my opinion) are NOT the big projects I alluded to, for Warner Bros. and Disney respectively. Bottom line: Intrada has a number of pretty exciting releases to bring out over the next three months or thereabouts... so stay tuned."

Before someone asks, the other title he referred to was Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves.

Any suggestions? What film (it does sound like a film) would merit 3 CDs and be considered an action-packed masterpiece?

Bear in mind it could be from any company under the Disney umbrella, like Lucasfilm, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone, etc.
  19. I always think of the Mighty Ducks films (3 CD's for 3 films), a score trilogy with tons of brass and from Disney. But if they really refer to a single film that can't be right.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  20. "Mulan" would take 3CD's. The full score takes one disc. Some alternates and small un-used bits and songs would likely spill over to an unknown portion of a third CD.

"Never Cry Wolf" if the two rejected scores are included. Though I don't think this would be an "Action-packed masterpiece".

"The Three Musketeers" (Kamen) could maybe take three CD's, if the third is the original album.
  21. Roger (Intrada Records) commented in an FSM thread on James Bernard's Dracula film scores:

We are close to agreement...I find Dracula Has Risen to be the pinacle. Taste and Scars have good love themes but the rest seemed more workman like. Maybe he lost inspiration after the third.

For obscure Bernard that is quite good check out The Gorgon.
  22. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until February 12 to ge the following from Intrada:

I've been really really bad about updating this thread. I'll try not to do that again.
  23. La La Land Records releases for the month of February:

Facebook image flyer