• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Coming this year (a partial list) from La La Land Records:

Coming April

THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN BIGFOOT
    THE SENTINEL
    SAVING PRIVATE RYAN LP

Coming April/May

THE QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION VOL 1

Coming Summer

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (1996)
    DARKMAN
    X FILES VOL 4
    X FILES SEASON 11
    FLETCH LIVES
    TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA

Coming Fall

STARGATE 25TH ANNIVERSAY

Various updates from La La Land Records, from last month:

No April flyer. I have no clue as to what will be ready for release. Nor do I know the next release date

It might April 9 or the 16. Might be April 12. I don't know. I just know nothing is ready to ship and this time it has nothing to do with the manufacturer(s) just bad timing on approvals.

MV

On whether there are any Edward Shearmur scores coming:
    Nothing at the moment

Titles that are going, going...:
    The last 500 ET cds are in stock

Braveheart is down to 150 units

MV

"The Orville":
    The Orville Season 2 is hopefully coming from us this summer.

MV

Et is back now. Fury in June

"Police Academy 2" has apparently gone from possible, to:
    No police academy 2 in the foreseeable future.

MV

On how badly Golden Age scores sell:
    Even when we mark them down 50% or even 75% people still don't buy.

MV

No Rosza or Tiomkin planned at this time.

MV

No Trevor Jones coming and at this time no scores by Shuki Levy.

Regarding TV music from the Universal Heritage Collection:
    The future looks good

"Star Trek: Voyager" (Volume 2): "Summer"

General update with a "MacGyver" surprise:
    The last 500 ET sets should be in any day now

SUPERMAN is selling great. About 3500 already flew out the door

AI Is almost sold out for good. Now is your chance to grab it

Still waiting on Bumblebee art to get signed off on. UGH

Next Universal Heritage title should be put in April

MACGYVER hopefully this year [NOTE: Original series; no word on whether the Canadian musician's union is playing ball, or if it's the scoring from before recording was moved up there]

Hopefully the Sony music thing wont lasr forever. LEAGUE was at the top of out list to do
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019
    FLETCH LIVES sounds exciting. Not terribly interested in anything else.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Update today from La La Land Records:

Well, kiddies it looks like we finally have a release schedule worked out that accommodates approvals and vacations for our fine folks at LLL.

April 9:

THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN BIGFOOT (Joe Kraemer - signed)
    SAVING PRIVATE RYAN LP (limited edition of 1000 units)

April 23:

THE SENTINEL (GIL MILLE)

In May we get back to our normal 2 week schedule...

May 14:

THE QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION: VOLUME 1 (2 CD SET) - VARIOUS ARTISTS
    BUMBLEBEE (hopefully) (DARIO MARIANELLI)

MAY 28:

FLETCH LIVES (HAROLD FALTERMEYER)

Well, hopefully it all sticks, but you never know about some surprises

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Update from LLLR:

GOING OUT PRINT!
    ROSEMARY’S BABY and THE ADDAMS FAMILY are going out of print forever. Get yours now, while you still can, at the incredible price of only $5 EACH!
    Special price starts 4/9 at 12 noon (pst). Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

BACK IN STOCK! [NOTE: I have broken up the listing and alphabetized it to make it easier to read]
    ALIEN 3: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
    DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET)
    DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET)
    DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF
    BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (2-CD SET)
    BRAVEHEART: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
    BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET)
    CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND – 40th ANNIV LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
    DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
    KINGSMAN THE SECRET
    SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER
    TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET)
    WATERWORLD (2-CD SET)
  4. Also, FSM member MMM (Monstrous Movie Music) had this sad tale to tell:

I tried to get access to some of the Salter recordings long ago, as a legal representative of Salter's writing and publishing estate, and it was such a nightmare that I gave up. Just trying to hear some of the music was an exercise in futility. UCLA was great at accepting or going after composers' collections -- not so much about caring for them properly or allowing access to them.

The only reason Salter's collection was even (partially) inventoried was because I had repeatedly asked them to do it. It wasn't until I was able to promise them I'd record some of his music for our Monstrous Movie Music label that they did some work on the collection.

I also represented the estate of Marlin Skiles, and saw acetates that had been destroyed by being crammed into boxes without the proper protection between records, to where literally everything in there was unplayable due to breakage and other things. Of course, the composers/publishers had no recourse because the agreements they signed basically gave UCLA permission to do what they wanted to do with the material. I have untold reels of tapes that should probably have a home in some of their collections, but I've been hesitant to hand them over, because UCLA wouldn't even give me the right to access some of the material at a future date, even though I once again represent the composer/publisher of the material.

There were also reels and reels of film music tapes from various composers that were unlabled and if you were blindly trying to find something specific, you essentially would have had to hire UCLA's vendors to transfer tape after tape until you (perhaps) found what you were looking for. That would have cost tens of thousands of dollars if not more. When subsequent composers or their families asked me for advice on where to put their archival material, I steered them away from UCLA, sorry to say.
  5. This is appalling. sad

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2019
    Geezes....how on earth is that even possible with an allegedly esteemed institution like the UCLA?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Low quantity alert, copy and pasted from an FSM user:

Just noticed over on Howlin' Wolf's website http://www.howlinwolfrecords.com/ that their release of Final JudgementThe Terror Within II by Terry Plumeri has a low stock warning of less than 50 left. Such a great release by an under-rated composer. If you haven't already picked this one up, I recommend you do so!
  7. New this month from Quartet Records:

A DOG'S PURPOSE
    Music Composed by Rachel Portman
    Limited edition of 1,500 units

Quartet Records, Backlot Music, Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment present the premiere CD edition of the beautiful score composed by Academy Award winner Rachel Portman (Emma, The Cider House Rules, Chocolat, Never Let Me Go, Oliver Twist) for A DOG’S PURPOSE (2017), directed by Lasse Hallström, starring Britt Robertson, K.J. Apa, John Ortiz and Dennis Quaid. The film is a lovely fable about a dog who looks to discover his purpose in life over the course of several lifetimes and families.

Rachel Portman has crafted another wonderful score—encompassing tenderness, sadness and nostalgia—that includes a catchy and memorable main theme. Produced by the composer, mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering, the package includes a 12-page, full-color booklet. This CD is a limited edition of 1500 units

THE BOOK OF HENRY
    Music Composed by Michael Giacchino
    Limited edition of 1,500 units

Quartet Records, Backlot Music and Focus Features present the premiere CD edition of the haunting, moving score composed by Academy Award winner Michael Giacchino (Up, Ratatouille, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Rough One: A Star Wars Story, Star Trek Beyond) for Colin Trevorrow’s drama THE BOOK OF HENRY (2017). The film is about a single mother (Naomi Watts) who sets out to rescue a young girl from the hands of her abusive stepfather, helped with instructions from her genius son's carefully crafted notebook.

Michael Giacchino wrote an intense, emotionally powerful, highly inspired score, including a main theme which is among his best. The music was produced by the composer, orchestrated by Tim Simonec and recorded at Abbey Road in London with orchestral sessions under the baton of Ludwig Wicki.. Mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering, the album includes the original song “Your Hand I Will Never Let It Go,” performed by Stevie Nicks. This CD is a limited edition of 1500 units.

70 BINLANDENS
    Music Composed by Fernando Velázquez
    Limited edition of 500 units

THE FIRST 50 UNITS PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM OUR ONLINE STORE WILL BE AUTOGRAPHED BY THE COMPOSER.

Quartet Records presents a new, cool soundtrack composed by Fernando Velázquez (A Monster Calls, The Orphanage, Ozzy, Que baje Dios y lo vea, Thi Mai) in his third collaboration with director Koldo Serra after The Backwoods and Gernika.

For this comedy-action-drama about a woman who, while trying to raise money to ransom her kidnapped daughter, is trapped in a bank assault, Velázquez provides a non-stop, surprising score. The music is infected by groove and funky sounds, colored by electrifying reminiscences of Lalo Schifrin, Quincy Jones and Jerry Fielding, and influenced by Ennio Morricone and Michael Small. It is an explosive cocktail that represents a new step in the career of this talented young maestro.

The CD was recorded and mixed by Marc Blanes. The 8-page, full-color booklet includes a statement by director Koldo Serra about the music and the recording. This CD is a limited edition of 500 units.

These three titles are now available for order and shipping. For more info, order and listen audio samples, please visit www.quartetrecords.com
  8. The Quinn Martin Collection: Volume 1 has switched places with "The Sentinel" and will be coming out Tuesday instead. So, early Goldsmith!
  9. There will be one more Film Score Monthly release after all these years.

Hello everybody!

We will release the trailer next Tuesday, April 30, to SKY FIGHTER and send a private VIMEO LINK & password to watch the completed film to all the contributors to the 2018 Indiegogo.

Hard to believe this will be ONE YEAR (almost to the day) when the first Indiegogo launched. But the good news—the film is done!

If you are waiting for the Ron Jones soundtrack CD (which now won't exist) as the final perk from the 2018 Indiegogo, we'll be sending a Blu-ray/soundtrack CD (of the Bobby Villarreal score) to fulfill this park—only it will be later this year, after our festival run concludes.

To drive everybody nuts, it will be packaged as the 251st Film Score Monthly release, in a 2CD case (not a Blu-ray case).

And...don't kill me, we'll be launching a second, much smaller Indiegogo next Tuesday (4/30/19) to cobble together enough money to make a Blu-ray/soundtrack CD and pay down my credit card—because I spent way more money than we raised!

I mean...WAY more money...it's not good times in the Kendall household.

But I can't wait to show off the film! We just have to keep it off the Internet publicly or else the film festivals won't take it.

Thanks!

Lukas
  10. Sale ending sometime today:

From April 23 to 30, 2019:
    20-50 % Off Sale on selected titles from our label

https://www.musicbox-records.com/en/118 … ox-records
  11. Various updates from La La Land Records for the month of April over at the FSM forum.

On whether we'll get the score to "Top Gun" this year:
    no...maybe never

On whether there are any more downloads coming from the label:
    nope

Various comments:
    Nothing new on

JFK
    Bumblebee

No flyer for May. Only thing definitely coming is The Sentinel on May 7

No Cobra Kai Season 2 on cd. No one bought it. sad

Would love to do Animaniacs some day but things at WB have gotten too pricey so that well may be dry.

Young Indy would be amazing, but I can only assume that's Intrada territory

MV

The Quinn Martin Collection: Volume 1 isn't ending with one volume:
    You guys will love Vol 2 and 3

Universal update:
    We are planning some incredible releases from universal TV catalog hopefully starting later this year as part of the Heritage Collection

"E.T." is about to fly over the moon and away:
    We are down to 180 cd units. Get the cd before ET goes home!

https://lalalandrecords.com/e-t-the-ext … -2-cd-set/

(I'm surprised, as he said in the last few months it's been a disappointing seller; I suspect the full announce amount was not pressed and it's being discontinued like other title such as "Planet of the Apes" was [Elfman])

EDIT:
    More comments from MV today:
    Couple of updates

1. Bumblebee has been delayed indefinitely. As soon as we have an update we will let you know.

2. I forgot that we will go back to our regular release pattern in May so the next release is May 14 (The Sentinel)

After that, it's May 28 and we hope to have The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season One and Fletch lives out then

We are currently working on our "500th release" (in our minds). That should be out late June/July. It should be quite something

That is all

MV

That's it. It's been a slow comment month from MV.
  12. Last 50 copies of "E.T." are remaining.
  13. Roger has said they are working on Safan's score to "Nightmares" (posted today at the FSM forum):

Funny you should mention that one...been trying to get it cleared for a Halloween release for a few years. Maybe Halloween 2020!
  14. La La Land Records update:

GOING OUT PRINT!

Get McCreary’s fantastic CAPRICA THE SERIES (2-CD SET) at a special price of
    only $15 EACH – less than 100 units of this title remain before it’s out of print.

Also – McCreary’s TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES is
    only $5 EACH and less than 60 units remain before it’s out of print.

Sale prices start 5/14/19 at 12 noon (pst) and are good while supplies last.

MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE THE TELEVISION SCORES (6-CD BOX SET) is also going out of print – get yours now!

ROSEMARY’S BABY and THE ADDAMS FAMILY are going out of print forever. Get yours now, while you still can, at the incredible price of only $5 EACH!

BACK IN STOCK!
    DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET), TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), ALIEN 3: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET), WATERWORLD (2-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (2-CD SET), KINGSMAN THE SECRET SERVICE, KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

MV had said the M: I set was not selling well, so it appears to have been discontinued and the full amount is not going to be pressed.
  15. Not Coming Anytime Soon:

Update today from Roger, over at the FSM forums:
    You will not be seeing a release (expanded or LP program) of Outlaw Josey Wales anytime in the near future.
  16. hi all

Later this year, we will be re-releasing Ron Goodwins score for the animated Danish feature "Valhalla".
    This was Goodwin's final score, and it's really really good!

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the film, and I would love your (the film music experts) opinion on something.

We will, of course, release all of the score for the film BUT we are in posession of Goodwin's synth demo along with early material from the film two original composers (Danes Bent Hesselman and Jussi Adler-Olsen).

Would you prefer a release like this to be "just" the score, or would you like an extra disc of demo material as well?

We apreciate all of your input smile

Thanks,

Jesper
    PlantSounds

This was in 2016. Does anyone know, what has become of this project?

Volker
  17. EDIT: There was an update, but I'll go find the FSM thread and resurrect it and ask anyway.
    Hi all

Quite a lot of people have been asking us about the 30th Anniversary Edition of Ron Goodwin's final film score VALHALLA.

Last year we teased a 2 disc release, and thought it only fair to give an update on the project.

Long story short, we have everything ready for the release.

We are waiting for the final approval from Sony Music Denmark, but unfortunately that is taking quite a while longer than we expected (and were told).

We hope to bring you this release around september, and we'll be back with all the info, tracklist etc. when we recieve confirmation from Sony.

Happy easter everybody.
    PlantSounds

(spelling errors are not mine; just a copy and paste)

Sadly not coming back:
    Will Dances with Wolves be back in stock?

MV:
    No
  18. Hey, thanks! beer
  19. And now an update:

Good news everyone!

PlantSounds have FINALLY reached an agreement with Ron Goodwin's estate, and are now allowed to release some of his original demos for the Valhalla Score he did in the mid 80's.

This means we can finally start the process of pressing the cd.

We can't wait, as this is a great score, and the bonus-material makes our release something truly special! smile

Stay tuned!
  20. Fantastic! I'm really a fan of Goodwin's work and that score is one my two last "Grails", I was after. The other being Bernstein's "Ghostbusters", so good times!

smile Volker
  21. Low quantity update from LLLR:

Kick ass 2
    Family guy

Both less than 20
  22. Updates from LLLR:

GOING OUT PRINT!

The last pressing in the JONNY QUEST limited edition 2-CD SET is now in stock... but not for long! When they are gone, they are gone for good… so get yours now while supplies last!

BACK IN STOCK!

DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET), TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET), STAR TREK 50th ANNIV COLLECTION (4-CD SET), THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (2-CD SET), KINGSMAN THE SECRET SERVICE, KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE
  23. An update today at the Intrada forum, by Roger:

Now that we're halfway through, here's a look at some composers that mostly likely will get some attention this year:

Jerry Fielding, Bruce Broughton, Christopher Young, John Barry, Bill Conti, Lalo Schifrin, Kenyon Hopkins, Frank DeVol, John Barry, Elmer Bernstein, Jerry Goldsmith, and maybe but who knows Basil Poledouris

And Doug gives us some good news:

...More cool news. Currently working on one of my favorite soundtracks from the 60’s era. Our plan was to present the original album on CD in the best audio it has ever displayed but in a wonderful stroke of good fortune, the master elements we located revealed not only the pristine condition tapes we had sought but also the previously unreleased complete soundtrack, which had long since been determined to be lost to the ages. What a joy it is when discoveries like this happen… and what a joy to own this one should be for fans of this famous and prolific composer who during this period created one masterpiece after another. Stay tuned!
  24. roger has admitted on the FSM forum they are releasing Jarre's score to "The Collector", paired with the score to "David & Lisa" (by Mark Lawrence; his only score). No release date mentioned.
  25. An update from Music Box Records:

There will be no CD release in August. We will announce our new editions in September with the release of our first vinyl, the second volume of the box of the B.O. Introuvables and the music of a film of a very regular composer of our label which will be released in theaters in September. By the end of the year, new composers will appear in our catalog with scores never published on CD. And as always, we will offer reissues of B.O. of our favorite composers for great classics of French cinema in augmented and remastered versions.

We therefore give you an appointment in September and wish you a great summer!
  26. Any Recommendation for a new cd?
  27. Hi there!

What kind of film music are you interested in? Symphonic, electronic or pop music based soundtracks? Can you name a few composers you like?

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2019
    *cough* spammer *cough*