• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    Why did it work for Transformers? Why?! Why not something good! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Did it really work for Transformers?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It came out didn't it...? (rehtorical question, I'm not stupid! wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm pretty sure that's a coincidence. Isn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    Euh... the petitionstarter got a 'thank you' in the Transformers booklet, if I recall correctly... (not sure, though, but I did see an ebay auction where you could get the score signed by the composer and the petitionstarter for sure!) so that would make it a little less coincidental.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    For once, here is actually a score that I think DESERVES a little bit of expansion!

Me too, though the best stuff IS on the official release.

If you knew the cue from the scene where Mufasa scolds Simba for going to the elephant graveyard, you wouldn't say that. The moment when they go romping around in the starlight is one of the best cues ever composed IMO.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Scribe wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    For once, here is actually a score that I think DESERVES a little bit of expansion!

Me too, though the best stuff IS on the official release.

If you knew the cue from the scene where Mufasa scolds Simba for going to the elephant graveyard, you wouldn't say that. The moment when they go romping around in the starlight is one of the best cues ever composed IMO.

Yeah. And also the Stampede music without the cuts and edits (it's shortened by about 2 min!!) Simba and Nala's reunion, and the complete King of Pride Rock track (the OST doesn't have a single second of music from the battle and climax scenes!). I know most of these are on that bootleg but the quality of the recordings is just not satisfactory, and they're all from a lossy source.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    All right, it crossed the 100 mark today! biggrin But will need 10 times that to do business tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    All right, it crossed the 100 mark today! biggrin But will need 10 times that to do business tongue

It's Disney, times it ny thousands! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

It's Disney, times it ny thousands! rolleyes

Times do change, bro. When Disney Records gets a head who cares about film music fans, there might be expanded scores. Maybe it'll at least help some other label to successfully release it in the future!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008
    I think like many of Zimmer scores, when you listen the whole thing, you can notice the unfinished synthetic parts, and the additionals cues from other composers...

But I will sign anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    I think like many of Zimmer scores, when you listen the whole thing, you can notice the unfinished synthetic parts, and the additionals cues from other composers...

But I will sign anyway.

That's because Zimmer didn't have enough time to finish the score properly. He said he could've perfected it if only he had more time. But IMO the final result is almost excellent and one of his best works biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote

But I will sign anyway.

That's because Zimmer didn't have enough time to finish the score properly. He said he could've perfected it if only he had more time. But IMO the final result is almost excellent and one of his best works biggrin

Im not talking only on this case...Zimmer scores in his complete listen always contains a lot of weak parts

Lion King is one of his best works, and one of his most touching themes, of course. But the fact is one of his earlier efforts makes me think it has a lot of.....help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008 edited
    Well, it remains my #1 most favourite score of all time and it's worth fighting for! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2016
    this is poinTLESS, IT HAS BEEN RELEASED, YOU MAY AS WELL PETITION THEM TO STICK A PIECE OF PIE UNDERNEATH YOUR BED, LET'S CALL the pope and tell him the good news, JESUS IS ALIVE, JESUS NAVAS HE PLAYS for manchester CITY on the RIGHT WING but not as right WING AS THE EXTREME FASCISTS

YOU MAKE ME SICK
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. Never drink and post.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Nou zeg, had ik geweten dat er een petitie rondging dan had ik die graag ondertekend. Dat was gemakkelijker dan mijn kat trainen om bij hans zimmer in te breken en de originale cassette bandjes te stelen. Die stomme kat heeft de verkeerde bandjes gejat en nu zit ik hier met drie uur muziek van the fan, potverdorie!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, that's an interesting point of view for sure.
  3. You got to love the Dutch language. It comes pretty close to the German "Platt" that's being spoken by the natives hereabouts. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.