• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008 edited
    All Hans Zimmer/Lion King/Disney fans, please take some time to read and sign the following petition to get the complete score of The Lion King released officially - www.petitiononline.com/LIONKING/petition.html

Thanks a lot! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    It'll never happen; such is the policy of Walt Disney Records, and they will never, ever give the rights to another label, but still, for what its worth, I signed it. 'Cause it would be, if it ever happened, a must buy for sure!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And I don't want it, but I'll sign anyway. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008 edited
    Thanks a lot, both of you smile Yeah I know it's unlikely but not impossible. Worth trying wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Signed.
    Let´s try at least wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Signed
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't care for the score and besides, Disney is deaf to pleas like this.

But I will sign it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I signed it as the score deserves it... Now Tommy_Boy must do as well, I'll give you till tomorrow or else crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    I signed it as the score deserves it... Now Tommy_Boy must do as well, I'll give you till tomorrow or else crazy

ahh shut up biggrin
    why wouldn't I sign this wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorHauntFox
    Signed
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Only 31 signed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    lp wrote
    Only 31 signed?

It was only started on the 18th (35 sigs right now). Thanks, all of you above! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Oh... that's not bad. Hope something good will come out of this.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But it's Disney...the only was I honestly see this coming out is in the form of a bootleg. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    You also posted this petition on all the other boards? And the IMDB message boards for the movie and composer? Quite a lot of attention to be gained over there!

Anthony wrote
    But it's Disney...the only was I honestly see this coming out is in the form of a bootleg. slant

Me too. Let's hope Zimmer sees this petition and leaks a good promo out to the 'net himself wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can composers legally do that? I mean the music is techncally owned by Disney now isn't it? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, several recording sessions and complete scores have leaked, right? So it happens! Who knows who does it? I'm sure Hans wouldn't actually do it, though wink But they can give out promo's of their scores, of course, within the industry, and they do that with basically all of their works.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, but would the be able get promos out just like that or would they need permission?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BobdH wrote
    Well, several recording sessions and complete scores have leaked, right? So it happens! Who knows who does it? I'm sure Hans wouldn't actually do it, though wink But they can give out promo's of their scores, of course, within the industry, and they do that with basically all of their works.

Amen to that smile The only bootleg that I know of right now has pretty low quality, though. Fingers crossed for a genuine promo!

Yeah I posted it on every board I could, including both the Lion King and Hans Zimmer boards at IMDB. Unfortunately I'm not registered on MovieMusic (I tried at least 5 times but was never sent a password) so trying to look for someone who'll post it there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, I deleted all the mono tracks and got all the tracks that were good quality together and compiled a 53 min. version, and though the music of the finale isn't of the best quality and I had to edit the volume of the tracks several times to get it all at pretty much the same volume, it still will do. Yet, of course, I'd love to get a proper promo one day! There are only rumours that an academy promo exists of a fair amount of music with excellent quality... but those are extremely rare, if they exist at all!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DVD rips for cartoons never work. Evil mixers, putting sound effects and music on the same channels! biggrin

I wish DVDs all had isolated music tracks. cry Blu-Ray can hold more, why NOT do it?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    To avoid dvd-ripped bootlegs wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    DVD rips for cartoons never work. Evil mixers, putting sound effects and music on the same channels! biggrin

I wish DVDs all had isolated music tracks. cry Blu-Ray can hold more, why NOT do it?!

Oh, DVD-rips never work! I hate it when there are sound-fx, no matter how minor. You just can't relax and listen to the music, not to mention the volume edits for the film, which basically can't be overcome angry And with all those rips nowadays, you really have to filter the 'actual' promo's from the amateuristic rips... really annoying.

And indeed, Bluray, give us isolated scores!! And why not do it to avoid rips? I mean, then you just as well shouldn't release CD's wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ completely agree, i've always tossed immediately anything that i found it to be a dvd-rip, i hate them, even with the slightest of sfx.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    ^ completely agree, i've always tossed immediately anything that i found it to be a dvd-rip, i hate them, even with the slightest of sfx.

Yup. The people that label rips as ''complete'' scores to make them good...pathetic. rolleyes

I will only, EVER, listen to a DVD rip if it's George Of The Jungle or Paycheck. tongue Even then I will not be too amused. wink

Someone give us completes! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BobdH wrote
    There are only rumours that an academy promo exists of a fair amount of music with excellent quality... but those are extremely rare, if they exist at all!

Yes, they exist. And they're very rare and hard to find. And some distinct highlights on that bootleg everyone has are in mono (the Stampede track, Simba and Nala's reunion), and even the stereo tracks are all from a lossy source and parts of them have ripping flaws. That's why the petition, to get a legit, full quality version! Man, I don't want to have this beautiful score only in the form of some bad quality bootleg! slant

And yeah, the DVD rip of this movie is horrible, not worth listening to at all tongue

I know that Walt Disney Records is notorious when it comes to releasing scores, but it's always good to be optimistic abot a release smile Maybe if not soon, it will be eventually... after all, Lion King is one of is most praised and demanded scores!
  3. BobdH wrote
    Oh, DVD-rips never work! I hate it when there are sound-fx, no matter how minor. You just can't relax and listen to the music...

Could this be the annoying scratch clicks-and-pops of the new century that sometimes plagued old LPs?

I had bad scratches on "Princess Leia's Theme" and "Klingon Battle" tracks and I can still hear them sometimes when I'm listening to the same tracks on CD!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Oh, DVD-rips never work! I hate it when there are sound-fx, no matter how minor. You just can't relax and listen to the music...

Could this be the annoying scratch clicks-and-pops of the new century that sometimes plagued old LPs?

I had bad scratches on "Princess Leia's Theme" and "Klingon Battle" tracks and I can still hear them sometimes when I'm listening to the same tracks on CD!!

Oh god yeah, I have the same thing with Jane Eyre and Masada.

The first track on Jane Eyre sounded like a car widscreen wiper on each revolution.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For once, here is actually a score that I think DESERVES a little bit of expansion!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    For once, here is actually a score that I think DESERVES a little bit of expansion!

Me too, though the best stuff IS on the official release. But I'm afraid I'm not sure that online petitions are the most effective way of getting film scores released.