• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. A new interview

Guys, remember when I told you that my dream came true? Well, this is it. Kept it quite secret, luckily (if I went with asking about it on MT, imagine how much questions I would get, especially from a certain Spaniard!

Anyway, yes. Dream come true. I have an interview with Hans Zimmer. I guess I got it thanks to the fact that Hans was impressed with my article (his stance on my The Thin Red Line article is in the interview). There it is, guys! smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    Excellent interview Pawel, well done man. cool beer

and I'm sure Ravi will be very excited by one part of this wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    So it's no longer a secret! Now I can leap for joy in public, ok? biggrin

bhangra beer fireworks punk bhangra fireworks cool

I can't read it right now because I have to go out for school,
    so here I just say a big thank you to Pawel kiss
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Great interview.

There is hope! bunny
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    PawelStroinski wrote
    A new interview

Guys, remember when I told you that my dream came true? Well, this is it. Kept it quite secret, luckily (if I went with asking about it on MT, imagine how much questions I would get, especially from a certain Spaniard!

Anyway, yes. Dream come true. I have an interview with Hans Zimmer. I guess I got it thanks to the fact that Hans was impressed with my article (his stance on my The Thin Red Line article is in the interview). There it is, guys! smile

Congratulations Pawel. It was a very interesting interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed, excellent interview Pawel! beer

About the Lion King expanded score possibility - bhangrabhangrabhangrabhangrabhangrabunny
    I hope to God it works out soon!

Thanks so much for giving me special thanks there too. I'm truly grateful! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hola! Congrats Pawel. I'll read later this week.
    Kazoo
  2. What a great interview. That must have really been awesome. Cograts to you Pawel, and thanks for making it available to us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Very nice interview Pawel. I'm so jealous that you were able to talk to Hans. An actual Zimmer fan got to talk to his favorite and managed to sound intelligible and intelligent. Congrats. Hope that you'll be able to talk to him more in the future.
  3. Pawel, wonderful stuff man, great for you to share it with us

I'm right now soooo jealous with you, but you deserve it man beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. It's not in the interview, but after praising my The Thin Red Line (in the interview phone call), Hans promised me another talk, specifically about that score smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's not in the interview, but after praising my The Thin Red Line (in the interview phone call), Hans promised me another talk, specifically about that score smile

Make it happen soon! wink

Great work Pawel.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Over a candlelit dinner?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Fantastic work, by the way. Great interview and awesome that you got to speak to him! Weren't you nervous?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    Over a candlelit dinner?

Only if Steven approves and is present.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...the first composer thread to reach a hundred pages...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Congrats Pawel, great work! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

What happens now?

Does it get left to run and run or will there be a HANS ZIMMER part II. ( my suggestion would be just start a new thread with no change to the title )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Guess we can just keep this one running.

With Bregt's superior search function it's not readily necessary to start new threads (even though for comparison searches (for example on date or user) it may be useful to limit thread lengths, as that is still a time-consuming manual process.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course it can run, no forum flooding necessary.

As for the first composer page to reach 100 pages comments, wait 'till the new batman score gets released wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    As for the first composer page to reach 100 pages comments, wait 'till the new batman score gets released wink

confused

But this thread has already reached 100 pages (thanks in no small measure the Bat films...even though I think Pirates still chalks up the meat of the comments)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know. That's my point...if 100 seems a big number, wait 'till the next Batman score gets released...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahhhhh, I see! biggrin

You're probably right. slant
  5. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

What happens now?

Obviously someone challenges that statistic!

Michael Giacchino's thread reached 100 pages 5 days ago. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010 edited
    shocked
    Really?

EDIT:
    Yeah, really. shocked

I wonder how much of that is Anthony?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    shocked
    Really?

EDIT:
    Yeah, really. shocked

About 80% wink

p.s. This thread has gone OT a few times which will account for a lot of posts.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ahhhhh, I see! biggrin

You're probably right. slant

If everyone was in agreement and the Batman scores had been good the fuss would have died down in less than two pages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    There were also separate threads for The Dark Knight score and Pirates 3 I think.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    shocked
    Really?

EDIT:
    Yeah, really. shocked

About 80% wink

p.s. This thread has gone OT a few times which will account for a lot of posts.

Can we keep this OT portion going over on the Giacchino thread? It'll keep that topic ahead of this one.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Can't we use it to boost Williams a little? angelic