• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    So, just the generic rc stuff is by them?!

Who wrote the good parts?

No, Borislav Slavov and Tilman Silescu did the heavy lifting (the good cues), with a couple of major themes from Hans, then a few additional music by Lorne Balfe and a few others.
  1. The New York Theme might be actually Lorne's though.

A friend of mine who knows him told me that SOS New York is definitely Lorne in style, so that's interesting.

I wonder how the credits will look like. Looks messy. Typical for a game score though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The New York Theme might be actually Lorne's though.

A friend of mine who knows him told me that SOS New York is definitely Lorne in style, so that's interesting.

I wonder how the credits will look like. Looks messy. Typical for a game score though.

It could go either way. I haven't heard much of Boris and Tilman's work to judge. "SOS New York" is a really good track so props to whoever composed it. The track after, "Chase", sounded more like a great RC cue than not.

We'll see what the track credits will be. I'll get the official release regardless. Any scores that gets me to want to re-listen 5-6 times warrants it, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    Tilman's Anno 1404 is quite good.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011
    kung fu panda 2 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdaMGcOy … ure=relmfu

(ha-ha)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    kung fu panda 2 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdaMGcOy … ure=relmfu

(ha-ha)

looks amazing, but seems to have the same humor of the first, which I didn't laugh at once

the final scene though made me giggle a little bit smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011
    Looks amazing?
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Looks amazing?

the visual look of the film, like the first film it looks amazing!
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2011
    Well I personally loved the first film, so I'm very exciting for the sequel.
  4. Not interested one bit. And I don't even need to see the trailer to know that.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here my friend. Utter bull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, you sour-bellied geezers! smile

I can have a good time with a family film like KUNG FU PANDA 2. Why not? Unpretentious fun with some great visuals to go.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I tried watching the first but I had enough after about 25 minutes. Pixar quality this ain't.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not even close to Pixar.

Let's see.

Stupid american teenage-aimed humor.
    Jack Black
    No real script, just occasions for fat and fart jokes.

Need i say more?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've heard enough already.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not even close to Pixar.

Let's see.

Jack Black

Need i say more?

Regardless of the fact that not every movie has to be like Pixar*, I guess we didn't even see the same movie. I thought it was the best Dreamwork movie because beyond the typical Dreamwork standards and executed the storyline and themes without actually disrespecting the culture behind it.

*talking about Pixar benchmark in term of quality of execution and not story and themes.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Not even close to Pixar.

Let's see.

Jack Black

Need i say more?

I must disagree here. I'd rather watch Kung Fu Panda again than 5-6 of Pixar's films. It's not trying to make any statements, but it's a lot of fun, and in parts very funny. The monologue at the beginning is awesome! Kung Fu Panda was more a comedy than anything else, but it was very enjoyable, and better than 95% of Jack Black's other films. Dustin Hoffman was perfect in it, too.

And I don't recall any "teen humor" or farting in Kung Fu Panda. I'd say there was just as much "script" as Toy Story 3. Not such grown-up issues, granted, but just as much happens story-wise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011
    Yeah, i guess a giant panda that goes on a staring competition with the cinema audience for half a minute in a 1 and a half minute trailer only to declare: "wow, you guys are really beautiful" - addresses clever adults.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i guess a giant panda that goes on a staring competition with the cinema audience for half a minute in a 1 and a half minute trailer only to declare: "wow, you guys are really beautiful" - addresses clever adults.

Haven't seen that, but reading from your description it does sound rather funny. But then I am hardly a clever adult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011 edited
    The Crysis 2 Dev Blog has a 2 features on the composer's work, one specifically about Zimmer. More importantly, they have some Crysis 2 tracks up for download. Zimmer's Menu Theme is ok, but I really like Borislav Savlov's tracks, especially "SOS New York." Nothing very original/memorable theme-wise, but it's an exciting track, and mostly orchestral.

-Crysis 2: The Music Production - Part I (With Borislav Savlov)

-Crysis 2: The Music Production - Part II (On Hans Zimmer)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011
    Nah, didn't do much for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011
    Not a good score, at all.
  8. Adequate for a videogame though... you know as background music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    I'd take non-background, kick-ass game scores like Castlevania over it anytime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES

Disney Education has uploaded a new video interview with Zimmer on his work on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_DlK7rE … r_embedded
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011 edited
    Presumably the video shows him sitting in his office using Outlook Scheduler, sending assignments to each of his underlings, and then kicking back with a beer when he's done? biggrin

what? it said his "work"...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
  9. Wine, Matt. He's kicking back with a wine biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  10. You have an opportunity to ask anything and the first question is why Zimmer thinks pirates are so popular!

Ask a music-related question! Maybe he did later- I never got any further.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Zimmer is always very affable, but what a moronic opening question, Zimmer shoulda slapped him upside his head.