• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    The only worthy element in that whole event, is Tina Guo.

I agree.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Someday I am going to click on this thread and there will be 97 posts in one night and it will be an announcement that George Lucas decided that he is re-releasing Star Wars with a score by Hans Zimmer to make it more appealing to the new generation.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011 edited
    Wait for it...... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011
    I'll have something by the end of the day on the new Silva release
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/f … -material/

Glad to see they are releasing a CD
    Tom
  1. sdtom wrote

Glad to see they are releasing a CD
    Tom

Ah, a Silva Screen Compilation Vol. 3423 wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    wrong number it is 1362 cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have had it for long now, as a promo. Nicht gut.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2011
    Still won't come out in the US as a hard copy until next month.

tom
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Earlier this spring, Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer was at the Sony Scoring Stage to record his music for the fourth film in the franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011
    Just watched the teaser trailer for "The Dark Knight Rises" and in the credits (if I haven't missed it) there is only Hans Zimmer listed as the composer.... Did JNH leave the franchise?
  2. I think he has left the MV/RC fold and gone off on his own. He has potential. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think he has left the MV/RC fold and gone off on his own. He has potential. wink

biggrin applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BasilB wrote
    Just watched the teaser trailer for "The Dark Knight Rises" and in the credits (if I haven't missed it) there is only Hans Zimmer listed as the composer.... Did JNH leave the franchise?

I heard that he was far from happy with his experience on the last film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    BasilB wrote

I heard that he was far from happy with his experience on the last film.

oooh, source?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Just something a friend (a composer) told me. How he knew, I have no idea!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    Just something a friend (a composer) told me. How he knew, I have no idea!

I hope that JNH and Hans are friends still... I like them. They're like the odd couple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    Zimmer & Igudesman win Grand Prize at Rhode Island International Film Festival
    http://www.alekseyigudesman.com/zimmer- … -festival/
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2011
    Kritzerland just released THELMA & LOUISE!

I've already ordered it, a classic!

http://www.kritzerland.com/thelmaLou.htm
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2011 edited
    THELMA & LOUISE
    Music Composed by Hans Zimmer

Sometimes the right people come together at the right time to make the right movie for the right audience. Certainly it happened in 1991 with Thelma & Louise, a film where each of its creative elements came together and resulted in a film that truly struck a chord with audiences and critics. A road movie, a buddy movie, a comedy, a tragedy, Thelma & Louise became an instant classic. Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis are perfection as Thelma and Louise, both delivering multi-layered and iconic performances. Harvey Keitel is their equal as Detective Hal Slocumb, and Michael Madsen, Christopher McDonald, and Brad Pitt are all excellent in supporting roles.

Every creative component of the film is masterful – from direction, writing, acting, editing, photography, art direction, costuming – it’s all of a piece and that includes the great score by Hans Zimmer. Zimmer, born in 1957, had begun scoring films on his own in the 1980s, with projects such as A World Apart, Paperhouse, and others. But it was in 1988 that he got his big break, scoring the Barry Levinson film Rain Man. Rain Man was a smash, and Zimmer received his first Oscar nomination. Then came Twister, Black Rain, and Driving Miss Daisy, and since then he has been one of the most successful film composers in history, composing scores for such hits as Days Of Thunder, A League Of Their Own, The Lion King, As Good As It Gets, Crimson Tide, The Rock, The Prince Of Egypt, Gladiator, Hannibal, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, Batman Begins, The Da Vinci Code, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3, Kung Fu Panda, Sherlock Holmes, Inception, and many, many others. He has been nominated for eight Academy Awards and taken home the prize once – for The Lion King.

Zimmer’s score for Thelma & Louise captures Scott’s visuals and the tone of the film perfectly. While there are a fair number of pop songs used in the movie, it’s Zimmer’s twangy, mournful, exciting, hard-driving, bluesy music that really propels the film and helps give it its distinctive feel – and it features the absolutely mind-bending guitar work of the great Pete Haycock.

Thelma & Louise had a soundtrack release on MCA that was all songs save for one four-minute track, “Thunderbird.” That track was assembled specifically for that album and was not used in the film in that form ever. It basically pieced together parts of three different cues to make the one four-minute track. For this first ever release of the film score, we present all the music as Zimmer recorded it for its use in the film. As sometimes happens, a few of the cues were shortened for the movie, but we left them in their entirety for the CD. As a bonus, we also include the “Main Title” cue exactly as it is edited in the movie (it’s comprised of two score cues). It’s a real pleasure to finally bring Zimmer’s wonderful score to CD – it’s been way too long in coming.

This release is limited to 1200 copies only. The price is $19.98, plus shipping. Go to the item page and click on the link to find out about it.

CD will ship the last week of October – however, never fear, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early). To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ooops! I see Thor beat me to it. This score holds no interest to me whatsoever but I'm pleased for those of you who want it, happy days beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    ooops! I see Thor beat me to it. This score holds no interest to me whatsoever but I'm pleased for those of you who want it, happy days beer

Really? I would have though the Pete Haycock guitar solos held an interest to you. They're quite reminiscent of Dave Gilmour at times.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Really? I would have though the Pete Haycock guitar solos held an interest to you. They're quite reminiscent of Dave Gilmour at times.

The "holds no interest to me whatsoever" was probably my wrongly worded way of saying I'm not buying this, I like Pete Haycock's guitar style ( and a reason I enjoy the K2 score ) but not enough to make this album a 'must buy' for me, I think I'd end up enjoying this score but I just don't have the luxury of money to just go around buying everything when there are higher priorities on my lists.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2011 edited
    Thor wrote

AUTOMATIC BUY!!!!!

Now SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE RELEASE Bird on a Wire and Black Rain and Days of Thunder. PLEASE!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    With the re-release of The Lion King in theaters, now would be a great time for an expanded release of the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lp wrote
    Thor wrote

AUTOMATIC BUY!!!!!

Now SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE RELEASE Bird on a Wire and Black Rain and Days of Thunder. PLEASE!!!!!

ORDERED!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Panthera wrote
    With the re-release of The Lion King in theaters, now would be a great time for an expanded release of the score.

In that case, I would actually condone a slight expansion. But only if they included the songs too.

That's my only beef with the THELMA release, actually. I need to get the songs too, which are excellent.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011
    Panthera wrote

DITTO!