• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Thor wrote
    Jordi, as long as we have your attention -- what's happening with the pic you took with Zimmer in Ghent?

We all want to see it!!

Add me to facebook. Hans commented the picture on my profile XP

He did?

He didn't comment on my picture with him. sad

btw, I just added you (I already thought I had you). Now confirm!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    We want to see it too. I don't have fb. What did he say ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    D wrote:
    I got it installed but haven't had the time to check it out yet....how does it work exactly ? What does it do?

If you have time, click the different dreams on the map. You can read how each locked dream will unlock.

If you use the app under the right circumstances, the appropriate dream will unlock. For instance if you are active (or shake your phone) the Action Dream will open. This night the Full Moon Dream should open by the way!

What does it do? Not much. You hear some ambiance sounds and a bit of music, like ambiance versions of the themes. Also the sounds from your environment are morphed into the sounds. It sounds very dream like and each dream sounds different. That's basically it!

Although it doesn't do much really, I think it's cool. It sounds nice and it's a fun concept.
    Some of the electronic sounds were very obvious in the concert too by the way, more obvious than on the album.

I am a white tiger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha, ha....great pic, Jordi.

I'm amazed that Zimmer responded to you not only there, but also sent a message.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    It is a great picture...

Man, I remember that moment. Maykel said to me: 'There he is again. You could go there if you hurry' . We saw Jordi was the lucky one. But then two ladies took him away, booohooo
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, thanks Thor ! What did Zimmer comment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregje wrote
    You hear some ambiance sounds and a bit of music, like ambiance versions of the themes. Also the sounds from your environment are morphed into the sounds. It sounds very dream like and each dream sounds different.

Is this called 'soundscape' ?

I like the Reward Dream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote

In the comment field, someone asked if Zimmer did indeed hush him when he took his photo with Jordi. Then Zimmer replied:

"I did shush him! I wanted him to be happy with the picture! No one ever looks good in a picture talking...Something the greatest press agent Ronni Chasen had taught me, amongst many other things."
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this prooves Hans still has wicked ideas.

http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknigh … roduction:
    Composer Hans Zimmer invites you to take part in the Dark Knight legend. Add your voice to thousands of others for a chance to be included in "The Dark Knight Rises".

One more thing about this one. I don't get it. You have to do as in the example? So sing exactly that?
    What are they singing?

Who did this already by the way? Would be fun to do as a group!

I am a white tiger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

In the comment field, someone asked if Zimmer did indeed hush him when he took his photo with Jordi. Then Zimmer replied:

"I did shush him! I wanted him to be happy with the picture! No one ever looks good in a picture talking...Something the greatest press agent Ronni Chasen had taught me, amongst many other things."

Hehe hilarious ! Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha....great pic, Jordi. Here it is:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 9162_n.jpg

I'm amazed that Zimmer responded to you not only there, but also sent a message.

Please, Thor. Can you delete my picture from this forum?

I'm ok to share my pictures with my facebook friends, but not in the forum.

Thank you! wink

and about the message, I just recieved Zimmer reply in my Smartphone when I was drinking beers with Bregt, Thor, Marselus, Thomas... I jumped from my chair like a child wink It was great.
  1. That probably could have been done as a PM.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    That probably could have been done as a PM.

Yeap. And He propably could have been asked me before sharing a private picture in a forum.

So....

wink
  2. And that is also true.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    Oh come on jordi like you don't know us? And it is you with a public figure In a public Place, it is not exactly a private moment. Anyway it is your picture do whatever you want, some of us don't have facebook and just wanted to see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nautilus wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha....great pic, Jordi. Here it is:

Please, Thor. Can you delete my picture from this forum?

I'm ok to share my pictures with my facebook friends, but not in the forum.

Thank you! wink

and about the message, I just recieved Zimmer reply in my Smartphone when I was drinking beers with Bregt, Thor, Marselus, Thomas... I jumped from my chair like a child wink It was great.

OK, I deleted the link in my post. But then you should probably also delete the quote with the link as well.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    If I had a picture of Zimmer and me I'd want to share it with everyone in the world.

...unless I had a bogey up my nose or something.

Can't see anything wrong with the picture above, where both guys look rather cool.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    If I had a picture of Zimmer and me I'd want to share it with everyone in the world.

...unless I had a bogey up my nose or something.

Can't see anything wrong with the picture above, where both guys look rather cool.

Peter smile

Same here, but I respect other people's wish for privacy. Sorry for posting it here, Jordi, it just never occurred to me that it was something worth holding back here in our small group.

I'm envious that he actually smiled on yours, while he looks pissed on mine. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    It is a really nice photo. I'm envious that Jordi even got two pictures of that one moment too! And I got zero pictures of zero moments.
    wink

I'm envious at everyone who got their photo moment of course. The more I look back, the more I think I should have tried a little harder!

Photo moment: hug flash
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If I was there I'd have handed my camera to Hans Zimmer and asked him to take a picture of me & Jordi.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. If you were nice enough, he'd do one with his iPhone biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    If you were nice enough, he'd do one with his iPhone biggrin

You've talked to him a few times, Pawel, but you never got your picture taken? Afraid to come off as too fanboy-ish, maybe?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote:
    If I was there I'd have handed my camera to Hans Zimmer and asked him to take a picture of me & Jordi.

That would be fun!! smile

It's funny to think about the meaning of these photos and also signed covers. Had a short chat about that with Elin when we were there. We said something like a signature is a weird thing to want. It is more the excuse you have to have a little chat with the composer.

But back home it is different. It is like a souvenir to remember the moment you had to meet someone. The same with the photos. In the end it is a nice way to remember.

Personally for me it would have meant a lot to me if I could have said to Hans Zimmer in person how much his music means to me and that it brings so much joy and good things in my life. Right there saying that would have been enough. But back home a photo would have been nice too of course.
  4. Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    If you were nice enough, he'd do one with his iPhone biggrin

You've talked to him a few times, Pawel, but you never got your picture taken? Afraid to come off as too fanboy-ish, maybe?

I have a picture with Hans taken by my friend, I talked him mostly on the phone, but during the first meeting there was no time for a picture and the second time...

Well, on the session, the liability that I am a smoker came out as a great advantage, because Hans himself is a smoker, so going out was an opportunity to meet him and talk to him for a while. I managed to tell him one of the most personal things I wanted to tell him, got a picture and a CD signed, so that was pretty much my fanboy moment in life. Usually I try to pose as a journalist (I still have to finish my report from the session), but I had my "personal" moment with Hans there, which was a wonderful thing.

My picture with Hans was already posted here in the What made your day that little bit better thread and on Facebook. I also got green light to Facebook tag him in the picture. Yes, I asked him directly about that, I don't want to spam his e-mail with comments and things like that in case he didn't turn notifications off.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

I'm sure I mentioned before that Mel & I were backstage at Glastonbury and I recognised Phil Hartnoll from Orbital, asked him for a picture and he said "sure" so I handed him the camera, he looked a bit bemused while Mel & I posed for him.

See, I have form in this area biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Pawel wrote:
    I managed to tell him one of the most personal things I wanted to tell him, got a picture and a CD signed, so that was pretty much my fanboy moment in life. Usually I try to pose as a journalist (I still have to finish my report from the session), but I had my "personal" moment with Hans there, which was a wonderful thing.

The way I see it: a fanboy approach means more than a journalist approach. The first is from personal experience, while the latter is from a professional point of view. I'd say personal experience has more value.

The word fanboy has a negative sound to it (I guess?), but it's just appreciation. Journalists can overrationalize music sometimes, while fans just love it. Music cannot always be analyzed and explained right? Just feel and enjoy it. So good you had your fanboy moment too.
    smile

And why do you smoke? Not cool. angry

wink
  5. I blame the university and a lack of smoking ban in public places when I started, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Bregje wrote
    Photo moment: hug flash

Excellent use of smilies.

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm sure I mentioned before that Mel & I were backstage at Glastonbury and I recognised Phil Hartnoll from Orbital, asked him for a picture and he said "sure" so I handed him the camera, he looked a bit bemused while Mel & I posed for him.

See, I have form in this area biggrin wink

Ha, ha....great story!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Priceless Timmer! biggrin