• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    Bregje wrote
    Pawel wrote:
    I managed to tell him one of the most personal things I wanted to tell him, got a picture and a CD signed, so that was pretty much my fanboy moment in life. Usually I try to pose as a journalist (I still have to finish my report from the session), but I had my "personal" moment with Hans there, which was a wonderful thing.

The way I see it: a fanboy approach means more than a journalist approach. The first is from personal experience, while the latter is from a professional point of view. I'd say personal experience has more value.

The word fanboy has a negative sound to it (I guess?), but it's just appreciation. Journalists can overrationalize music sometimes, while fans just love it. Music cannot always be analyzed and explained right? Just feel and enjoy it. So good you had your fanboy moment too.
    smile

And why do you smoke? Not cool. angry

wink

Both have one thing in common : scare the shit out of celebs, especially since fanboys can include some psychos as well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    plindboe wrote
    If I had a picture of Zimmer and me I'd want to share it with everyone in the world.

...unless I had a bogey up my nose or something.

Can't see anything wrong with the picture above, where both guys look rather cool.

Peter smile

Same here, but I respect other people's wish for privacy. Sorry for posting it here, Jordi, it just never occurred to me that it was something worth holding back here in our small group.

I'm envious that he actually smiled on yours, while he looks pissed on mine. smile

Yeah cause facebook is the definition of privacy anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I blame the university and a lack of smoking ban in public places when I started, really.

Try and quit it mate, it's a very bad habit for you and those around you. I had 3 very tough years until I managed to convince my fiancée to quit, now that I did she thanks me. University isn't an excuse. I am still a master's student and I am In the uni since 2003. Also I served 26 months in the army next to Turks. I never got into smoking, uni and army and stuff shouldn't be an excuse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's true, unfortunately.
    Generally (!) fans do not have the best reputation (hell, the word itself is derived from "fanatic", which doesn't really instill any confidence slant ). Even the most intelligent, well spoken, calm fan will have a harder time connecting to the object of his interest than a reporter does.

So generally it's good to use a subtext to get a foot in the door. Then if the situation is comfortable enough (and there is some insight and respect on both sides) revealing you're a fan as well is always a good second step.

As for the smoking bit: I think smoking is still far more acceptable in the Balkan and up north than it is here.
    Plus the ciggies are WAY cheaper (and it's an easy thrill in a climate that is pretty foreboding most of the time).
    So while I am NOT a fan of smoking AT ALL, I can sort of understand it in certain circumstances.

Oh, and D.?
    This bit

made me laugh out loud. applause
    Nice one.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Christodoulides wrote
    Both have one thing in common : scare the shit out of celebs, especially since fanboys can include some psychos as well.

Yeah... I probably underestimate that.

Thinking about it, I'd hate to be a celeb actually. I am very much a 'leave me alone' person.
  1. Trust me, many of the celebs are. Hans himself is a *very* private person.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    It's true, unfortunately.
    Generally (!) fans do not have the best reputation (hell, the word itself is derived from "fanatic", which doesn't really instill any confidence slant ). Even the most intelligent, well spoken, calm fan will have a harder time connecting to the object of his interest than a reporter does.

So generally it's good to use a subtext to get a foot in the door. Then if the situation is comfortable enough (and there is some insight and respect on both sides) revealing you're a fan as well is always a good second step.

As for the smoking bit: I think smoking is still far more acceptable in the Balkan and up north than it is here.
    Plus the ciggies are WAY cheaper (and it's an easy thrill in a climate that is pretty foreboding most of the time).
    So while I am NOT a fan of smoking AT ALL, I can sort of understand it in certain circumstances.

Oh, and D.?
    This bit

made me laugh out loud. applause
    Nice one.

I found jordi's reaction to this illogical, bitter and I was disappointed. It's his photo, he can do whatever he wants but when posting stuff on Facebook and then talk about privacy, it's ridiculous.
  2. Exactly. And by the way, from the way his meeting with Hans was described, I would say he's the kind of fan, who'd freak the celebrity out. Hans's got a lot of class, so he doesn't get freaked out easily, but still, he is a very private person and he doesn't like jumping out to him.

In fact when I had my fanboy moment as I described it and told Hans that he has always been my inspiration (face to face and I'm proud of it) he awkwardly told me that he's just trying to have some fun.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Exactly. And by the way, from the way his meeting with Hans was described, I would say he's the kind of fan, who'd freak the celebrity out. Hans's got a lot of class, so he doesn't get freaked out easily, but still, he is a very private person and he doesn't like jumping out to him.

Hey, come on!

Jordi had a great moment with his hero, and there is nothing that indicates Hans was unnerved by it or didn't enjoy it. There's no need to diminish that experience by mere speculation.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Trust me, many of the celebs are. Hans himself is a *very* private person.

I guess everyone is in the end! Just imagine doing what you enjoy doing and then 'become a celeb', it's like a by-product whether you like it or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Exactly. And by the way, from the way his meeting with Hans was described, I would say he's the kind of fan, who'd freak the celebrity out.

confused

Why would you think that? What description?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    I found jordi's reaction to this illogical, bitter and I was disappointed.

Hmmm....when you add someone in a social network I guess they are -to some measure- your friends.
    When joining a forum, it's possible there may be people you don't really care for (even if the forum itself is fun).
    So on that level, I could see where you'd not want to share some things everywhere.

But now I'm just speculating, really.
    But it's an honest mistake. I would probably have made it myself too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I disagree too. I don't have a problem with jordi and i know he is passionate and I appreciate him a lot. What I don't like it's the fact that the photo ismn Facebook and he doesn't want to share it with us and privacy came up as a term as well. But all n all I want to stress that it's ultimately his decision and his material, he can do whatever he wants and I will respect it.

Also, Pawel. To be fair, I interacted with Hans in 2006 soncinemad as organizing committee member and I can too say he is not comfortable With the public at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I found jordi's reaction to this illogical, bitter and I was disappointed.

Hmmm....when you add someone in a social network I guess they are -to some measure- your friends.
    When joining a forum, it's possible there may be people you don't really care for (even if the forum itself is fun).
    So on that level, I could see where you'd not want to share some things everywhere.

But now I'm just speculating, really.

But it's an honest mistake. I would probably have made it myself too.

Everyone has a bunch of Facebook friends that don't really know. Especially if hot and female.

But moreover, Hans is a public figure and In public place and event. It's not like Thor posted a photo of jordi at his home with his family or girlfriend. This is my problem with this, you can't really call out privacy problems in this case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Also, Pawel. To be fair, I interacted with Hans in 2006 soncinemad as organizing committee member and I can too say he is not comfortable With the public at all.

Generically that is probably true.
    I just feel a bit uncomfortable if that is applied to any one person (you know, as if just that one person made him uncomfortable, which I find very hard to credit). But maybe I read to much into it? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Everyone has a bunch of Facebook friends that don't really know. Especially if hot and female.

My GOD, D. biggrin You are THE most monomaniacal person on the board. I swear!

But moreover, Hans is a public figure and In public place and event.

But Jordi is not. Nor is the camera or the picture.
    I understand what you're saying D., and indeed citing privacy concerns in connection with Facebook at large may be a bit naive, but from a personal point of view, I totally agree with Jordi. HIS page, HIS photo, HIS choices. But I guess we agree on that (as you stated as much yourself). smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh i absolutely agree with this, it's 100% his choice in the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    [edit] Neh... never mind. Let's talk about music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You are the 1% (it's fashion now wink teasing you! ). Most of the rest of the world uses facebook to see boobs *at least once in a while) and / or get laid, it's exactly why it was invented in the first place and why it grew so illogically vast and fast! But of course nobody will admit it, it's more politically corrected to label it "social network", a genius of its creators.

And lets get back to music now, damn those Zimmer topics always have the most interest!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I am not naive, but I think that's not true and too pessimistic.

I know better places to go to see boobs by the way. I don't think facebook is that efficient.

You're right: on with the music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BOOOBS!!

For Odin!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin That made me smile, Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Zimmer frei?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    (just trying to get back on topic, that's all...! shame )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's left to be said about Zimmer that hasn't already analyzed to death? Off topic discussions are soo much fun i cannot understand why people don't like them biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Although you could argue that we talk about Zimmer too much around here (no problem for me, though, as he's probably my 4th favourite composer of all time), we do at the very least have a modicum of constructiveness about it. No bashing or other silliness, like this insanely stupid thread over at FSM:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

That's something to cherish.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    About going off-topic: I think the more you hang out here, the more you like it. If you only drop by for some information it can be annoying...

By the way Thor, I agree we have good discussions about everything here. I've never been to FSM, but I can hardly imagine childish arguments about such personal things as taste as music?!

Anyway, I have spent far too much time here this week. It's because of my film score revival after the Ghent weekend...

Pfff, why does it always have to be either really quiet or really hyper active with me? Now back to a healthy dosis of music (and spending time here) I guess.

I'll go do laundry now. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Agree with Thor, i love him too. But at least Zimmer is a chance to really exchange some ideas most of the times here, even if it's a bit of a violent and stirring discussions some times biggrin at least we respect each other and frankly, i don't mind off topic discussions at all; they are completely natural, as humans with a beating heart still; thankfully. But it's not of everyone's taste apparently and i must always try and remind myself that, and do a little self-restrain and respect the general hiatus smile

Anyway back on topic. sigh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    respect the general hiatus smile

biggrin
    As entertaining as I find it, may I suggest you switch OFF your autocorrect function? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It was not an autocowreck error wink