• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012
    Demetris wrote
    If Tyler Bates did it it would be a case in the court already. Poor man.

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Are you serious people? It's EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!

It's a friggin' RIFF!

I would be like claiming all blues songs are carbon copies of each other because they use the same three basic chord changes as their base!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The same note, the same isocrates, the same scale, the same riff. Get over it, it's the same. What does it matter that it's a riff?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And supposedly that "note" was the whole inspiration behind the Joker's theme, according to Zimmer...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm with D. It's the same.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012 edited
    Sounds bloody similar to me. It's not just the riff that's the same, it's the tone and the instrumentation.

I would be very surprised if this wasn't directly connected to Zimmer's final score in some way or another. (I actually think it's kinda cool... but, as D so astutely pointed out, perhaps that's because I'm so more forgiving of Zimmer because I'm a Zimmer fan.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    The same note, the same isocrates, the same scale, the same riff. Get over it, it's the same. What does it matter that it's a riff?

Because riffs are used all over the place, across genres and styles. It's like a beat. It's not like it's a melody or a particular orchestrational device or anything.

I would still bet my house (if I had any) that Zimmer hasn't even heard OF this score. Just your typical "fanboy discovery" that we all make once in a while, but just smile away as cosmic coincidences. I always laugh when someone finds some obscure piece of music that bears a resemblance to a more famous piece, but then automatically thinks there's a connection there:

- "Oh, listen to the six seconds of this fanfare from the Hungry Monkey Cantata by Oscar Schloppendorfer!! It's OBVIOUSLY the basis for John Williams' INDIANA JONES theme!"

And so on.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote
    I would still bet my house (if I had any) that Zimmer hasn't even heard OF this score.

He hasn't until Nolan told him about a great RIFF he heard in a 1983 musical score by Francis Lai. Can you use it Hans, please? Of course it is a common RIFF that people wouldn't notice it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote
    I would still bet my house (if I had any) that Zimmer hasn't even heard OF this score.

He hasn't until Nolan told him about a great RIFF he heard in a 1983 musical score by Francis Lai. Can you use it Hans, please? Of course it is a common RIFF that people wouldn't notice it.

And you know this how exactly? Is there an interview out there somewhere where Nolan says he specifically asked Zimmer to emulate this piece?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote

And you know this how exactly? Is there an interview out there somewhere where Nolan says he specifically asked Zimmer to emulate this piece?

Exactly, I don't know. You also don't know that Zimmer hasn't heard the score by Francis Lai. The difference is that I wouldn't bet my house.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote

Exactly, I don't know. You also don't know that Zimmer hasn't heard the score by Francis Lai. The difference is that I wouldn't bet my house.

Innocent untill proven guilty, that's my philosophy.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's also something called 'evidence' , for sure though wink
  1. Thor, are you proficient in Kraftwerk? Do they happen to use the same riff in a piece?

Hans has always named industrial music as his inspiration for the Joker material. That's where we should look first...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor, are you proficient in Kraftwerk? Do they happen to use the same riff in a piece?

Hans has always named industrial music as his inspiration for the Joker material. That's where we should look first...

Yes, I love Kraftwerk. They obviously use certain riffs and beats all over the place (TRANS-EUROPE EXPRESS basically has the same 'train'-like riff going through the whole album), but I'm trying to think if I've heard anything like it in Zimmer's scores. Nothing comes to me at the moment.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're looking in the wrong place, try FRANCIS LAI biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    CELEBRATE THE MOVIES IN ALL OF US.
    You can watch a really wonderful, inspiring and breathtaking video about how movies have changed our lives.

Guess who is in this video...

I’m really, really happy (to say the least ) to be there with so wonderful people and his personal experiences.
    I though it could be great idea if I recorded my video talking in my language. Not because I’m a Catalonian independentist but because I wanted to share my own culture. Maybe it wasn't...But, hey! One of my dreams came true, I'm at a little piece of the Oscar!

GO THERE AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up3ZhVOo … ture=share

http://oscar.go.com/video/PL55164868/_m_VD55174170
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012 edited
    WHITE FANG

... HERE?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2012
    The Zimmer portion is the main draw for me here, even though the Poledouris is interesting too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thor wrote
    The Zimmer portion is the main draw for me here, even though the Poledouris is interesting too.

Same here. I've never heard Zimmer's contribution (along with Walker, Trench, natch) so it's an instant buy. I'm almost positive I can predict Poledouris' sound for this movie, so I'll want to find out whether I'm right or not. This is a great release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ordered!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm...I've had (What I guess is) a boot for some years, and I've never warmed to it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2012
    Just warming the grounds for DARK KNIGHT RISES then .... smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh god yeah, I forgot about that, a mediocre* score with hundreds of posts.

*The first two bat scores are 'meh' so I can't see the third one being any different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, don't agree my friend smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Nah, don't agree my friend smile

We'll go for a little walk, we'll talk for 30 minutes, I'll listen to everything you have to say.

And then we'll agree that I was right all along.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd love to do so, one day my dear friend; but i truly thing what he did with Nolan on the new Batman takes is very modern and apt; i love it, both outside and inside the film smile Very hard to change this 7-year old - and counting - opinion on these projects i think smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Plus i wouldn't go for a 30minute walk in the dark with you, you're way bigger than me angelic
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Plus i wouldn't go for a 30minute walk in the dark with you, you're way bigger than me angelic

Well, you'd certainly end up bed ridden after a 30 minute walk with me, I'm pretty sure of that.

but not in a "pink and yellow dude" kind of way freezing