• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, it was the point, basically.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013 edited
    You're shittin' me!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    No risk of having a theme stuck in your head from the clips heard so far. Just a whole bunch of generic stuff that's been slightly tweaked to make it sound "different".

I am sure that it's going to have some great moments but it's not really shouting out "musical event".

The clips fail to present any theme anywhere. There are moments: "OK, something will start now", but that's where the clip ends biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. O, I have to side with Pawel here. This is an all new interpretation of the Superman universe, it is not the Donnerverse anymore. I think it was appropriate to turn away from Williams's music. Surely a short quote, a nod would have been nice but anyhow.
    If you see Zimmer beeing in competition with Williams is all up to you. I do not thing that either composer look at the matter that way.

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  4. But the all new interpretation of the Superman universe is just the bog standard Zimmeresque score that's being put out again and again.

It is certainly not new and it does nothing to elevate the film above the rest.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    I see Hans has dropped out of any attempt at competing with John Williams score.

The only comparative aspect of Hans Zimmer's score will be the theme, where the most irrelevant aspect of the debate would be how it's worse than Willams' theme.

I can see numerous Youtube videos tracking in Williams' score once the MOS DVD get released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But the all Donner interpretation of the Superman universe is just the bog standard Williamsesque score that's being put out again and again.

It is certainly was nothing new and it does nothing to elevate the film series above the rest.

See what I did there?
  5. I am not impressed with the music either.
    I sometimes wonder if Zimmer got himself cornered. You know, hiering composers for a film is a bit like type casting. You don't book a composer, you book a soundscape. Even John Willliams experianced that in the early 80ies. His class was great enough to ride the tiger and not get eaten. He emerged all right from the franzy and went on. Could Zimmer? I am not sure.
  6. lp wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But the all Donner interpretation of the Superman universe is just the bog standard Williamsesque score that's being put out again and again.

It is certainly was nothing new and it does nothing to elevate the film series above the rest.

See what I did there?

Sorry my friend, but any attempt to put Zimmer on the same level as Williams is bullshit. Zimmer is and will always be a pop composer. Williams is a classical symphonic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Captain Future wrote
    lp wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

See what I did there?

Sorry my friend, but any attempt to put Zimmer on the same level as Williams is bullshit. Zimmer is and will always be a pop composer. Williams is a classical symphonic.

Though it may seem like I'm comparing them, I'm not. I'm just merely pointing out the fact that Williams' Superman score was exactly how Williams was writing filmmusic at the time. It was nothing new. He had a great superman theme for Donner's version. But outside of that, he was doing what he's always done, appropriately and exactly as the movie needed him to do.

All I'm expecting Hans Zimmer to do is do what he does best. His job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    AND SO IT BEGINS...
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    This is just the beginning.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. lp wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    lp wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

See what I did there?

Though it may seem like I'm comparing them, I'm not. I'm just merely pointing out the fact that Williams' Superman score was exactly how Williams was writing filmmusic at the time. It was nothing new. He had a great superman theme for Donner's version. But outside of that, he was doing what he's always done, appropriately and exactly as the movie needed him to do.

All I'm expecting Hans Zimmer to do is do what he does best. His job.

O - OK, so I got you wrong there. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    AND SO IT BEGINS...

At least I can handle it here, at FB I just skip past anything Man of Steel that is Jordi or Princess Krytpzilkit related.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I see Hans has dropped out of any attempt at competing with John Williams score.

The only comparative aspect of Hans Zimmer's score will be the theme, where the most irrelevant aspect of the debate would be how it's worse than Willams' theme.

I know I know, it was nought more than a sarcastic ( though good humouredly ) comment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    AND SO IT BEGINS...

At least I can handle it here, at FB I just skip past anything Man of Steel that is Jordi or Princess Krytpzilkit related.

Thank God we don't have them here!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    AND SO IT BEGINS...

Oh, she nearly lost her shit on me today on Facebook concerning Man of Steel. Jordi was no where to be found but then I again I've blocked him on my Facebook account and I'm sure he's done the same with me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Oh, she nearly lost her shit on me today on Facebook concerning Man of Steel.

Damn. Missed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Damn. Missed it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/moviemusic21/

Scroll down a bit to see a post by Juhani Nurmi who posted the following "Came across this... (link to Man of Steel samples) What kind of a vibe do these samples stuff give you, Hans Zimmer fans?"

Guess who came by for a visit?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote

I know I know, it was nought more than a sarcastic ( though good humouredly ) comment.

Ha, nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    AND SO IT BEGINS...

Oh, she nearly lost her shit on me today on Facebook concerning Man of Steel. Jordi was no where to be found but then I again I've blocked him on my Facebook account and I'm sure he's done the same with me.

-Erik-

Heheh, that b**ch is crazy! Blocked them both and i am sure they did the same to me. What happened? Let us know, i need a laugh tonight! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Damn. Missed it.

Scroll down a bit to see a post by Juhani Nurmi who posted the following "Came across this... (link to Man of Steel samples) What kind of a vibe do these samples stuff give you, Hans Zimmer fans?"

-Erik-

I didn't know that people actually have conversations on Facebook and such. And yes, I odn't have a FB account.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I can't see the comments since i blocked their asses.....damn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    I didn't know that people actually have conversations on Facebook and such. And yes, I odn't have a FB account.

All the time. There are numerous fan pages set up dedicated to your favourite composers or film music in general. Fans and composers alike come by a "chat."

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    I can't see the comments since i blocked their asses.....damn

Well, there's 60 comments in that post and roughly half of them are from Krisztina.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hehe the bottom line? the sum? if you were to put it in a sentence?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    hehe the bottom line? the sum? if you were to put it in a sentence?

Having just read it ( damn you Erik but I have the curiosity of a cat )

She's cool ( no she's not ) no really, she's cool ( no really, she's not )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    She's cool ( no she's not ) no really, she's cool ( no really, she's not )

lol

Yup, that about sums it up!

-Erik-
  8. lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Damn. Missed it.

-Erik-

OT

No FB account or any SN account (That whole thing is dwindling rapidly over here in Germany and not having your IPhone silenced when in real company is regarded bad manners more and more.)
    I have no smartphone either.
    And I will never pay for an e-book or virtual music.

V.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sn account?