• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    Loved the cue. Great texture and ostinati. But it's obviously an extension of the BATMAN sound. I hope there's something more to the score as well.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    Southall wrote
    I hope that laughable cheap-sounding piece of tripe isn't actually a track from Man of Steel. It's got to be a joke, right? I seriously can't stop laughing. It's like a four-year-old's impersonation of what film music sounds like if all they've heard is Remote Control music.

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    "La luz" (from Man of Steel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGIDYTtzfFM
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    ^ Fuck, is this legit? or is it some amateur trolling with his home keyboards?
  1. I think rather trolling - there is nothing called La luz or The Light on the score and the video has been taken down by the user already.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. What with the zillions of samples and streaming tracks and such popping up left and right, it was about time some troll came along and capitalized on it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    You were so lucky you didn't hear it; not that it was very different from DNA...good God!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    You were so lucky you didn't hear it; not that it was very different from DNA...good God!

No, it was definitely no worse than DNA.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013
    Another new interview (Man of Steel, Dark Knight, etc) http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/ … p?IID=1690
  3. Christopher Nolan in talks for Bond 24?

Well, you all know where that leads us musically? wink shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2013
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christopher Nolan in talks for Bond 24?

David Julyan? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2013
    lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I can think of few films more ill-suited for Hans Zimmer's talents than the Bond franchise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013
  5. Let me dream of a Bond directed by Steven Spielverg and scored by John Williams. There was the chance once. I would have loved to see that film.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  6. Captain Future wrote
    Let me dream of a Bond directed by Steven Spielverg and scored by John Williams. There was the chance once. I would have loved to see that film.

Volker

I can also think of few films more ill-suited to John Williams' talents than the Bond franchise.
  7. Powell, Giacchino... I would give Hans a try in the Bond franchise, him being a huge Barry fan and probably trying to find a nice way to combine the new with the old without being totally enslaved by the original sound. The Barry theme has a LOT of potential.
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Let me dream of a Bond directed by Steven Spielverg and scored by John Williams. There was the chance once. I would have loved to see that film.

Volker

I can also think of few films more ill-suited to John Williams' talents than the Bond franchise.

You know pre-Spielberg jazzy Johnny Williams, do you? Or "Catch me if You Can" or "Tim und Struppi"? A Bond score by JW would be a big nod towards John Barry while being bold and originals at the same time.
  9. Captain Future wrote
    You know pre-Spielberg jazzy Johnny Williams, do you? Or "Catch me if You Can" or "Tim und Struppi"? A Bond score by JW would be a big nod towards John Barry while being bold and originals at the same time.

The Tintin score doesn't sound anything like what I would want a Bond score to be. And I know that he's done a lot of jazz way back when, but I just don't really see how he could reconcile that with his modern action style. That's what Bond needs...not just jazz, but jazzy and modern action music. I'm not saying that Williams isn't capable of that, I'm just saying he hasn't ever shown anything that makes me think that he would be. It just doesn't seem a natural fit. That said, rather him than Zimmer, if only because of the obnoxious hype the latter would inevitably stir up (both positive and negative).

My #1 pick for Bond is and always will be John Powell. I refer you to Exhibits A and B: Agent Cody Banks and Paycheck. cool
  10. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christopher Nolan in talks for Bond 24?

David Julyan? wink

I should have thought this through tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  11. Edmund Meinerts wrote

My #1 pick for Bond is and always will be John Powell. I refer you to Exhibits A and B: Agent Cody Banks and Paycheck. cool

Surprise, surprise! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Volker

I agree with you on John Williams but disagree with you on HANS ZIMMER, after Thomas Newman's extremely disappointing turn on Bond I'd welcome giving Hans a go.

My own personal choice for a Bond composer would be Terrance Blanchard.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've always felt that John Williams' song from STORIA DI UNNA DONNA -- "Una di Qua, L'Altri di La" -- sounds very much like a Bond song. That could maybe give you a hint of what it could have been.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Also, I know you'll call me crazy...

I'd give Hans a shot at writing (not just arranging like on The Lion King and Prince of Egypt!) the actual song. For his musical past, he has done very little of that in his career (Black Rain, Days of Thunder, The Fan, King Arthur, anything else? I have to tell you, in case of King Arthur it's the only thing I like about that music, really!)

The Fan song is, I think, fantastic, one of my favorite film songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHZig3Fqc6I

A bit weird maybe, but a beauty, very subtle for the film (and its score!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    Another track from Man of Steel, allegedly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfEz_9NEkEk

As I said elsewhere... with each new track that gets released I am more and more convinced that these clips just have to be a joke. This simply cannot be music by a professional film composer for a major film, can it? It sounds like a demo piece someone might have written in the 90s as a joke parody of Media Ventures.

This is even worse than that "DNA" puerile garbage. Either they're deliberately releasing the worst tracks, or they really are a joke, or this is going to be one of the worst film scores ever written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I find this all very confusing. Why release clips this way, randomly?

If it's from the score, then this is all very disappointing. The only track I liked was that from the trailer. DNA was horrible.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote

Volker

No such chance i am afraid my friend; those 2 wouldn't do such a project, and if others wanted to approach it like that, unfortunately film music has changed so much by now, no director or producer / studio exec of the younger generation, would ever late a composer of the younger generation, score such a film without Zimmerisms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As the other clip that sounded like a pure joke and was released by some Spaniards in youtube a couple of weeks back, only to be deleted a couple of hours afterwards...i really, really, hope this is all a joke and someone is teasing us; to create fuss or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Powell, Giacchino... I would give Hans a try in the Bond franchise, him being a huge Barry fan and probably trying to find a nice way to combine the new with the old without being totally enslaved by the original sound. The Barry theme has a LOT of potential.

But we already know how it'll probably sound with Giacchino or Powell, right? I want more drastic changes; imagine a Bond score by Korzeniowski!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    you just have to read the comments to the Man Of Steel tracks on youtube. most of the people think this music is amazing. and these tracks are not meant to be a joke, because they sound like the clips on the WaterTower website.