• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    I read Somewhere....Spielberg is re-scoring Mutt's scene from Indy 4 with "jack Sparrow" theme, wich is more addictive and funny.

Oh..Wait. it is just a dream biggrin

Pirates Of Theeeeee..... sleep

Yeeeeeeeeeees! beer

About Kung Fu panda...Judging for the trailer this movie seems to be really , really bad. sad
  1. Southall wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Some composer I have never heard of and has a electronica background, says on his site he did additional score for the new Batman film. Scary.

Who ?

Kelvin Wheelbarrow

Do you think your old fashioned jokes keeps working ? sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Southall wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Some composer I have never heard of and has a electronica background, says on his site he did additional score for the new Batman film. Scary.

Who ?

Kelvin Wheelbarrow

Do you think your old fashioned jokes keeps working ? sleep

I continually amuse myself! wink
  2. Hybrid Soldier wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Who ?

If I am remembering correctly, Walter Mair.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Considering Hans and crew's definition of "additional music", it could have just been a a couple line of drums or some trombone voicing.
  3. Bah, if Martin Tillman changes a full note into an arpeggio and Hans likes it, he's credited...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    lp wrote
    Considering Hans and crew's definition of "additional music", it could have just been a a couple line of drums or some trombone voicing.

Or writing the entire score (Madagascar, Thunderbirds)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Why are you still in this thread? I know it's your prerogative and all, but we all know that you despise everything Hans Zimmer so why hang around?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Bah, if Martin Tillman changes a full note into an arpeggio and Hans likes it, he's credited...

True.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Why are you still in this thread? I know it's your prerogative and all, but we all know that you despise everything Hans Zimmer so why hang around?

In the cold war James was captured by Russkies and administered truth serum, never left his system to my knowledge? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Umm... I don't despise everything Hans Zimmer. But as everyone knows, "additional music" in a score credited to Zimmer could mean anything from writing a couple of bars to writing nearly everything in the score, so I didn't understand why you only put forward one of those possibilities.
  4. Southall wrote
    lp wrote
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Umm... I don't despise everything Hans Zimmer. But as everyone knows, "additional music" in a score credited to Zimmer could mean anything from writing a couple of bars to writing nearly everything in the score, so I didn't understand why you only put forward one of those possibilities.

Yeah the definition of Additional Music can be : Orchestrator, Music Programmer, Co-Composer, Composer biggrin , Additional Music Arranger, Soloist...

shocked biggrin

For example Trevor Morris is credited as additional music composer for The Last Samurai... He only added a trombone to a Zimmer cue... biggrin
  5. Morris is credited as additional arranger and an orchestrator. The Last Samurai CD has no Additional Music credit actually. First time since Pearl Harbor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Morris is credited as additional arranger and an orchestrator. The Last Samurai CD has no Additional Music credit actually. First time since Pearl Harbor.

That's not correct. Matchstick Men has also no "additional music" credit
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008 edited
    But it does have, if I remember right, "arrangement by" credits to Geoff Zanelli and Jim Dooley. Same difference. That movie changed so much in post. It was suppose to be a comedy.
  6. Zanelli is responsible for the electronica "Tuna Fish..." track from what I've heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Morris is credited as additional arranger and an orchestrator. The Last Samurai CD has no Additional Music credit actually. First time since Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor and M:I 2 has no credit for addtional music composers. but there are a plenty of additional musinc on the cd (and Much more in the movie). Luckly this case (no credit in the cd) didn't happen anymore.

Anyway, Agree about Southall said. This guys sometimes compose the whole cd (Thunderbirds , The Simpsons) . But I'm glad, I can almost notice when a thing is composed by Zimmer and when it is not. ( I said from the beggining the action music from " I see dead people" or "Whe of Fortune" was not by Zimmer, and I was right)

I prefer when the credits is more specific, track by track , like in Tears of the Sun and The Holiday.
  7. I have a theory that Pearl Harbor official CD is all the stuff that Zimmer composed for the movie (those over 30 minutes are pure Zimmer, the rest of in-film score are anyone other).

M:I-2 and BHD kinda have additional music credit, the same for An Everlasting Piece. These are band scores, which means they are pure improvisations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I have a theory that Pearl Harbor official CD is all the stuff that Zimmer composed for the movie (those over 30 minutes are pure Zimmer, the rest of in-film score are anyone other).

M:I-2 and BHD kinda have additional music credit, the same for An Everlasting Piece. These are band scores, which means they are pure improvisations.

No. I read interviews from Badelt.

From PH, "war" and a "heart of a volunteer" is by Jablonsky (ok, Zimmer themes). "attack" chorus adagio is By Zanelly too.

Badelt this "come back" thing, and additional music in the Air battles (ok not in the cd).

From M:I2, Bio-techno is by Wesson, Bare ISland (Except carmina burana thing) is by Badelt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Which all points to the same thing, that the "additional music by" credit can mean everything, but it also mean that Hans is responsible for all of the music that goes on there, regardless of who ends up with the final "credit. IMHO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    lp wrote
    Which all points to the same thing, that the "additional music by" credit can mean everything, but it also mean that Hans is responsible for all of the music that goes on there, regardless of who ends up with the final "credit. IMHO.

sure.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008 edited
    I think the high point of Hans's career is highlighted in this video, in slow-mo for your viewing enjoyment! wink

www.johnpowellcomposer.com/hansi.mpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    Kung Fu Panda tracklisting:

01. Hero 04:42
    02. Let the Tournament Begin 01:59
    03. Dragon Warrior is Among Us 02:57
    04. Tai Lung Escapes 07:06
    05. Peach Tree of Wisdom 01:53
    06. Accu-Flashback 04:05
    07. Impersonating Shifu 02:18
    08. Sacred Pool of Tears 09:51
    09. Training Po 01:28
    10. The Bridge 03:23
    11. Shifu Faces Tai Long 04:47
    12. The Dragon Scroll 02:31
    13. Po Vs Tai Long 02:41
    14. Dragon Warrior Rises 03:22
    15. Panda Po 02:39
    16. Oogway Ascends 02:04
    17. Kung Fu Fighting (Feat. Cee-Lo Green and Jack Black) 02:30
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    Thomas wrote

The Zimmer tracks.... tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Very funny, now watch the video I posted. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thomas wrote

Did I mention "can't wait"?? tongue
  8. Thomas wrote

this is what it's about, long tracks smile
    not 35 tiny short ones like Wall-E promises which I totally hate angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    The excitement slowly builds....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    lp wrote

Will it ever begin? sleep wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

Will it ever begin? sleep wink

Only if you wake up.