• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote
    The excitement slowly builds....

Will it ever begin? sleep wink

Only if you wake up.

please tell me it's ended? sleep wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

Only if you wake up.

I'll tell you when you're ended. angry

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's an excellent score Timmer. You'd have it by now, but your stubbornness in a certain matter prevents you from having it. Oh well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Technically, if you've got something ordered (as in you've PAID FOR IT), but you find a copy by other means before it arrives, is it still stealing? angelic biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    It's an excellent score Timmer. You'd have it by now, but your stubbornness in a certain matter prevents you from having it. Oh well.

No, not even close to being excellent - imo, but still enjoyable enough. Nobody misses out anything important if they skip it though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

No, not even close to being excellent - imo, but still enjoyable enough. Nobody misses out anything important if they skip it though.

Agree.

It's interesting, sometimes funny, sometimes great, But i hardly can't remember a really memorable moment on it. A little bit like Thunderbirds (Well...Kung Fu Panda is far better , though)

And Im hard to find the Zimmer moments on it.

Perhaps ZImmer was rejected and he hired powell to cover the humiliation? tongue
  1. Yeah, sure. That must be it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, sure. That must be it.

Yup, Powell's just another additional composer. wink

(He just got his name on the box. tongue )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're all so f*cking cynical. Jesus christ.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Agree.

It's interesting, sometimes funny, sometimes great, But i hardly can't remember a really memorable moment on it. A little bit like Thunderbirds (Well...Kung Fu Panda is far better , though)

And Im hard to find the Zimmer moments on it.

Perhaps ZImmer was rejected and he hired powell to cover the humiliation? tongue

I've been humming the theme all night.... even after seeing Indy 4!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Luvs ya man beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

Only if you wake up.

I'll tell you when you're ended. angry

wave

No YOU won't!

I'm ending it.....g'night! beer biggrin sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Luvs ya man beer

But... you're missing out, man! I don't get it, I really don't. confused (And I'm not talking about Kung Fu Panda.)

It's just a matter of a few clicks and hey presto you're there. Simple. No Hassle. Easy as anything. I ask: what's stopping you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    One misses out something important, the way as i see it. Not on some good ol' variation of Powell's mickey mousing and Zimmer's dramatic, broad brass-n-strings chords we've heard hundreds of times before, no matter how fun this all package might be. And judging by what Timmer's taste on film music seems to be - without wanting to prevent him from anything, really, i am almost sure he won't be missing anything if he skips on this. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    One misses out something important, the way as i see it. Not on some good ol' variation of Powell's mickey mousing and Zimmer's dramatic, broad brass-n-strings chords we've heard hundreds of times before, no matter how fun this all package might be. And judging by what Timmer's taste on film music seems to be - without wanting to prevent him from anything, really, i am almost sure he won't be missing anything if he skips on this.

...but I'm not talking about Kung Fu Panda anymore. Honestly, I'm dumbfounded on this matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What are you talking about then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    What are you talking about then?

Timmer's stubbornness/laziness on a certain matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, i see. Maybe he just don't wants to then? I am not sure if pushing it will actually make it happen wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, i see. Maybe he just don't wants to then? I am not sure if pushing it will actually make it happen wink

Well he's the one missing out... I just don't want him to be missing out. It's not like there are rules, procedures, catches, or anything of the like. You don't even have to be involved, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to! All it is is being able to access a certain web page. Wooptie shite, what's so difficult and hassling about that?

You see the logic of my frustration, right?

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I see and you know why, but i don't think that the overload of information is good for everyone either. Me and you can handle it but not everyone can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    Zimmer's best work in recent years is, for me, still that on Batman begins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christoph wrote

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Christoph wrote

shocked

I double that shocked shocked
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Christoph wrote

I know it´s not popular, but I share that opinion. Though Pirates 3 is more diverse, rich, and epic, I find myself returning to Batman Begins much more often. Its dark brooding mood, combined with that driving rhythm is everything I need to get to work and start up. I can´t wait for The Dark Knight and will be fully ignorant of all the naysayers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Christoph wrote

I know it´s not popular, but I share that opinion. Though Pirates 3 is more diverse, rich, and epic, I find myself returning to Batman Begins much more often. Its dark brooding mood, combined with that driving rhythm is everything I need to get to work and start up. I can´t wait for The Dark Knight and will be fully ignorant of all the naysayers.

Same here. I very much enjoy BATMAN BEGINS and with all the careless projects in-between (apart POTC3 which was very good but essentially recyclings of older material) i can't wait for THE DARK KNIGHT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Da Vinci Code, careless? That's an insult to Zimmer himself (as opposed to an insult to his music or his idealogies) if you believe his statements about how much work and research he put into that score.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. I am sure Demetris just forgot about that one. wink Yeah, you did, didn´t you? Didn´t you?! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I forgot about that indeed shame shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well he's the one missing out... I just don't want him to be missing out. It's not like there are rules, procedures, catches, or anything of the like. You don't even have to be involved, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to! All it is is being able to access a certain web page. Wooptie shite, what's so difficult and hassling about that?

You see the logic of my frustration, right?

confused

I've promised that I'll be there and believe me I will SOON!

Not right now though, this computer has picked up a nasty virus ( pop ups, freezing, hard to access links etc ) and needs a total rebuild.

Steven, didja notice I have a pic in my profile now?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    Da Vinci Code, careless? That's an insult to Zimmer himself (as opposed to an insult to his music or his idealogies) if you believe his statements about how much work and research he put into that score.

I thought Da Vinci code was crap as a film score within the film.