• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, i see. Maybe he just don't wants to then? I am not sure if pushing it will actually make it happen wink

Well he's the one missing out... I just don't want him to be missing out. It's not like there are rules, procedures, catches, or anything of the like. You don't even have to be involved, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to! All it is is being able to access a certain web page. Wooptie shite, what's so difficult and hassling about that?

You see the logic of my frustration, right?

confused

I've promised that I'll be there and believe me I will SOON!

Not right now though, this computer has picked up a nasty virus ( pop ups, freezing, hard to access links etc ) and needs a total rebuild.

Steven, didja notice I have a pic in my profile now?

I did, very nice pic too.

Thing is, you said the same thing months ago when we asked you? If you can access this forum, then there's nothing stopping you access what I'm talking about. It really is very simple!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We're both starting to sound like a stuck record!

Look, I'll be there....SOOOOOOOOON! Just NOT when this friggin machine is going slower than a snail travelling backwards in time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I know what you're saying, I do. But there are three reasons why I argue so profusely: 1) You said 'soon' months ago, 2) If you can access MainTitles without problems, then you can obviously access other things and 3) It takes such little effort! Which is why I'm amazed you haven't bothered to do it yet?

Do you see my point? It's like offering someone a gold bar in the street but then to have them say they can't be bothered to carry it home! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Access a page is nothing like downloading from it mate. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Access a page is nothing like downloading from it mate. wink

Okay, but that still leaves 1) and 3) doesn't it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    If possible, I can help Timmer out when I'm in Bristol?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    If possible, I can help Timmer out when I'm in Bristol?

I have a close friend who's top notch but unfortunately he's working in Singapore right now. If he's not back before July I might well take up your kind offer Bregt cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck it, can we just give Timmer money for a new one? A Mac would be a good choice, no need to worry about viruses there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    Honestly , the Da Vinci score didn't do much with me. I had a feeling of "been there, done that". Nothing new , nothing fresh, nothing moving melodic , no tension and a lack of emotion by an unoriginal Zimmer who was repeating himself. But that score was off course the work of a professional and far better than average. Batman begins, however, was a real masterpiece in tension,emotion and melody. But it has been a while, so I'll try Da Vinci soon, maybe I was too pessimistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christoph wrote
    Honestly , the Da Vinci score didn't do much with me. I had a feeling of "been there, done that". Nothing new , nothing fresh, nothing moving melodic , no tension and a lack of emotion by an unoriginal Zimmer who was repeating himself. But that score was off course the work of a professional and far better than average. Batman begins, however, was a real masterpiece in tension,emotion and melody. But it has been a while, so I'll try Da Vinci soon, maybe I was too pessimistic.

But Batman Beginshas almost no melody. It has a two note main theme yes. wink
    And the emotional moments were .. well ... a bit generic.

Good score, I like it, but it's far from a masterpiece.
    Kazoo
  1. Buried in that heavy stuff, there´s more, much more. I´m not musically educated enough to express myself, but surely, there´s more melody in it than a two-note motif.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    the themes in Batman Begins are very supressed and obscured due to the director not wanting "power anthems"....but they are there...the main "batman theme" is the melody that plays at the beginning of the credits.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. I am hoping for a massive theme explosion in TDK, then, but i know it won´t happen. Since I love this stuff as suppressed as it is, I don´t care. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Fuck it, can we just give Timmer money for a new one? A Mac would be a good choice, no need to worry about viruses there!

Can I have a new house too, and a...... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    There's an audio clips of Oogway ascends from Kung Fu Panda on Hans' official MySpace site.

-> http://www.myspace.com/hanszimmermusic
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I am hoping for a massive theme explosion in TDK, then, but i know it won´t happen. Since I love this stuff as suppressed as it is, I don´t care. smile

I'm praying that JNH had a bigger involvement with TDK score, because judging by how the latest trailer gives away more tragedy in Bruce's life, I would like to see more development of that love/family motif from BB into something for Harvey Dent/Two Face.

Or I want some variety in TDK like POTC 3, although ethnic instrumentation would be horribly out of place. Maybe a better mix where we can actually hear the orchestration and size of the ensemble would be a huge step in the right direction. I don't mind Zimmer's synths and mixing techniques, he just needs to exercise some restriant and let the orchestra shine through more like he did with The Simpsons Movie and POTC 3.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I guess we´ll get themes or at least themelike material for the Joker and Harvey Dent, probably an early version for the latter, since he´ll be the focus in part 3, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    "Sacred Pool of the tears" One of ZImmer's finest tracks ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    YOU FORGOT TO USE THE RED COLOUR!!!

EDITED:

BETTER!!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    Thomas wrote
    There's an audio clips of Oogway ascends from Kung Fu Panda on Hans' official MySpace site.

-> http://www.myspace.com/hanszimmermusic

And there's clips from all the tracks on www.johnpowellcomposer.com/discography_ … ercial.htm

Plus if you go to the main page you can listen to the entire first half of "Hero". smile

(But I think everyone here's heard the whole thing anyway now!)
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I'd love to hear a new score by Zimmer with a Lion King sound to it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wrote

...would make me yawn like the lion in your profile! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Panthera wrote

I'd like to get the complete original Lion King score in good quality form! No, I HAVE to!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Where do Disney keep all their tapes? We need to plan a raid! You guys head to the Zimmer section, I'll head to Giacchino and Shaiman. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Where do Disney keep all their tapes? We need to plan a raid! You guys head to the Zimmer section, I'll head to Giacchino and Shaiman. wink

I really think the best stuff is in the CD. Like a lot of Zimmer scores, the whole thing has some terrible Synth moments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I really think the best stuff is in the CD. Like a lot of Zimmer scores, the whole thing has some terrible Synth moments.

Lion King? If you listen to the crappy quality 21 track bootleg that got leaked, you wouldn't be saying this. 80% of the highlights are missing. And I know the score by heart, and it does not have any synths. If you're talking about the track "Hyenas" on the bootleg (not the French CD track) it is an unused cue demo not in the final movie.

And yeah, the choir on "...To Die For" is real, not synth. That is one of my most favourite tracks ever, which is very severely edited on the OST!! crazy I need the original version of it! (the one on the bootleg is in %@!#&^$% MONO angry )
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    He's right. Even jut by listening in the film, you can tell most of the highlights are not released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    There will be a deluxe edition of the The Dark Knight soundtrack

-> http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/5607364 … oduct.html
  3. Maybe a version without synths? biggrin
  4. Thomas wrote
    There will be a deluxe edition of the The Dark Knight soundtrack

-> http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/5607364 … oduct.html

don't think it will hold more music, so this one I'm definitely passing
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh